Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5461 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Critter Crunch is way awesome, definitely pick that one up.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5462 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Finished Chronovolt the other day, it's a lot easier than I thought, but it was still annoying in places. I think the tedium of finding good shortcuts and the overall lack of good control neutralized all other positives from the game, so it's pretty meh.

I never played Critter Crunch or Closure, are they good?

#5463 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Critter Crunch is one of the best puzzle games out there. Closure's a pretty good puzzle platformer with a unique light/darkness mechanic.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5464 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

Finished Chronovolt the other day, it's a lot easier than I thought, but it was still annoying in places. I think the tedium of finding good shortcuts and the overall lack of good control neutralized all other positives from the game, so it's pretty meh.

I never played Critter Crunch or Closure, are they good?

Both are very good. I'd put Critter Crunch over Closure if you were only going to buy one though.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5465 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Awesome. Beyond good and evil deal. Been waiting for that. Hoping for 50% off.

#5466 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Critter Crunch was the first game I got free for PS+ when I joined a month or so after they started it. It a super fun game and well worth the price.

The Lord of the Rings game is pretty fun. It does take a minute or two to get into matches though but I haven't experienced any disconnects personally.

I just wish when you're in a party it connects to a game. Sucks we only got to connect in 1 game but luckily we didn't have a disconnection. The servers are pretty shitty.

BumslieOG.png

#5467 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Frisky,
Yugioh was taken off XBLA last year, do you have any insight into whether it's going back on there or is this now a PSN "exclusive" ?

"Players who downloaded Yu-Gi-Oh Decade Duels previously through Xbox LIVE® Arcade will be able to download Yu-Gi-Oh! Decade Duels Plus for free."

#5468 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Damn, tons of praise for Critter Crunch on here. Definitely looking forward to it!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5469 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I definitely get that the Prologus of Dissidia 012 only nets an Aerith unlock in the main game (one of my most beloved characters), but what I'm curious about is people think the Prologue is worth $1.49 if my backlog is huge and I'm very concerned about if I'll ever get to Dissidia 012 if I buy it because of its reputed extreme length. How long is Prologus? Does the Aeris unlock save work properly on Vita? More simply, I'm worried if I spend $9.99 on Dissidia 012 I may never start it (or at least not for awhile) as it's supposedly an acquired taste and I'm curious if people think the $1.49 'demo' is worth it to see if I get addicted to it.

#5470 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

"Players who downloaded Yu-Gi-Oh Decade Duels previously through Xbox LIVE® Arcade will be able to download Yu-Gi-Oh! Decade Duels Plus for free."

Thanks but when Frisky first posted, that info wasn't there. He added it later when he searched Konami's site.

#5471 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

I definitely get that the Prologus of Dissidia 012 only nets an Aerith unlock in the main game (one of my most beloved characters), but what I'm curious about is people think the Prologue is worth $1.49 if my backlog is huge and I'm very concerned about if I'll ever get to Dissidia 012 if I buy it because of its reputed extreme length. How long is Prologus? Does the Aeris unlock save work properly on Vita? More simply, I'm worried if I spend $9.99 on Dissidia 012 I may never start it (or at least not for awhile) as it's supposedly an acquired taste and I'm curious if people think the $1.49 'demo' is worth it to see if I get addicted to it.

The Aerith assist unlock works fine on the vita. I just got done doing this. All you need is a prologus save.

If you just want to try it out, I say why not go ahead and drop the 1.50

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#5472 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

From what I'm reading, the patch was only released in Japan and Europe and this release on NA PSN is the only way to have a version of Ridge Racer 7 with the 3D patch here.

http://community.us....36378308/page/2

Wow, what else should I have expected from the company that released Ridge Racer Vita.. ;)

Thanks for the info...

#5473 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

woah woah woah! Did you just use your backlog to justify passing on a game?! Using logic isn't allowed on these forums... you just look at the $ sign and ignore the 50 games waiting for you. But seriously, if you have doubts $1.50 if a small price to pay to determine if you have any interest in the game.

#5474 thewaspinator

thewaspinator

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

When does the current Big Sky Infinity sale end? Will I have a chance to try the demo first?

#5475 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Is there any reason to buy BOTH Dissidia games? or is Duodecim the far superior game?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5476 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Is there any reason to buy BOTH Dissidia games? or is Duodecim the far superior game?

Just get Duodecim, it's superior and it includes the originals story after you beat the game.

#5477 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

woah woah woah! Did you just use your backlog to justify passing on a game?! Using logic isn't allowed on these forums... you just look at the $ sign and ignore the 50 games waiting for you.

This should be part of an oath all members must pledge to when signing up for this site.

#5478 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Does that list show Skyrim Dlc?

I may have cared 6 months ago, too little too late, on that.

Critter Crunch is a great game. I had a lot of fun with it.

KneeKnee.png

#5479 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Wow, Critter Crunch for $1. If there's a demo, I might as well download the demo to try that out before the sale hits.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5480 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Why's everyone keep talking about Captain Crunch? Making me hungry. :P

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5481 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Critter Crunch is indeed awesome. I bought it for....maybe $5 ($3?) many months ago. Played the hell out of it. It gets tough towards the end - like most games - but is super charming and well worth the buck.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#5482 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Beyond Good & Evil
From Dust
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes

Games
Alien Breed - $9.99, $7.99 for PS+ - Cross Buy/Save/Play
Everybody Dance
Persona 4 Arena
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus

PS2 Classics
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
Twisted Metal Black

Demos
Big Sky Infinity
Page Chronica
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus

Add-ons
Pinball Arcade - Big Shot & Elvira Scared Stiff
Skyrim - Dragonborn

Vita Games
Alien Breed - $9.99, $7.99 for PS+ - Cross Buy/Save/Play
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

PlayStation Mobile
Chimpact

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Critter Crunch - $1

Games
Closure

will Closure replace The King of Fighters XIII this week !!!!!?

#5483 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

In addition to the free DLC characters for PS All-Stars on Tuesday, it seems there'll be some new minions as well, according to the Asian PS site. Though seeing as there's 3 packs, 6 minions each, in addition to that bundle, I have a feeling they won't be free.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5484 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ooo, definetly picking up Beyond Good & Evil HD.

#5485 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

When does the current Big Sky Infinity sale end? Will I have a chance to try the demo first?

Since it's not listed on the "Last Chance" section of the PS+ Update, it should be active for at least one more week. So yes, you should be able to try out the demo next Tuesday.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5486 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

To anyone on the fence about Critter Crunch, I paid 6 dollars for it when it first came out and after playing it, would gladly pay 15-20 if asked to buy it now. looooooooved that game.

1 dollar is a steal.

#5487 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

My nephew and I haven't played any of the newer Yu-Gi-Oh games, only played forbidden memories, how much has changed since then?

Oh man now that was a Yugi Oh game I really liked. I never got to the end cause of a stupid boss at a temple.

Note that the loading time comments only refer to the PSX version of VI.

Mmmm now that might keep me away from getting VI

Damn, tons of praise for Critter Crunch on here. Definitely looking forward to it!

One of the best psn games I've played in a while.

#5488 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Mmmm now that might keep me away from getting VI

I've been playing it on the vita and haven't had a bit of problems. Granted it has a slight load time (compared to SNES) but it's way faster than it was on the PS1 and compared to most games I've played barely existent.

#5489 Mando44646

Mando44646

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I bought big Sky just now on sale and apparently cannot get past the intro tutorial. It seems like the control inputs it is telling me to use dont work so I just die over and over and over again. I would not recommend it.

Why the heck isnt FF3 on sale? Its the only FF game I dont have on my Vita now and I dont really want to pay 20 bucks for it

#5490 Nfamous209

Nfamous209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Anyone know if the Final Fantasy PsOne Classic deals are going to expire next week with the update? (I really want to grab those but can't until next Thursday-Friday-ish.)

(I also apologize if this has already been answered I don't have time today to actually browse the whole thread which is what I usually do because I usually find other deals while doing so but I don't have the extra time today.)