Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5581 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I'm guessing used would be fine since you can't redeem the Vita version currently.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5582 Alkaiser

Alkaiser

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Hey wait, there's a FF3 game available on PSN, right?
A PSP version remade, I think.
Why isn't that on sale?

Most likely because it's new, and can probably still fetch top dollar from people who didn't buy it on the DS.

#5583 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Most likely because it's new, and can probably still fetch top dollar from people who didn't buy it on the DS.

Oh, I just saw it was released 9-20-12. I guess that is new. I'd take a $5 discount if they'd like just so it's part of the sale.

#5584 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff." -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

R&C FFA question. Do I need to buy a new copy of the game to qualify for free Vita version + Deadlocked when it comes out, or would a used one be ok?

I'm guessing used would be fine since you can't redeem the Vita version currently.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Like whoknows says, I'd assume that since you can't redeem the Vita version yet, you'd probably be OK with a used one. Once the games are actually out, a used copy probably won't unlock the Vita version and Deadlock.

Also, can you please try to keep your posts on topic? This is the Final Fantasy discussion thread, after all. ;)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5585 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Like whoknows says, I'd assume that since you can't redeem the Vita version yet, you'd probably be OK with a used one. Once the games are actually out, a used copy probably won't unlock the Vita version and Deadlock.

Also, can you please try to keep your posts on topic? This is the Final Fantasy discussion thread, after all. ;)

Based on what I know of how on disc redemption work for R&C FFA (I bought it digital, but I bought PSASBR physical) if the title is not up for redemption then when you try to redeem the disc it kicks back an error.

As such all the discs out there should have the redemption un-redeemed since there is currently nothing to redeem.

I could be wrong because like I said I bought FFA digital not physical.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5586 Pasicho

Pasicho

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Dumb question since this is CAG but is it wise to pick up FFV even though I only intend on playing it on vita? Just in case they plan on releasing it in the future.

Also anyone recommend FF Origins, PS1 FF Tactics or PSP FF Tactics?
I'm thinking of trading in my physical copies of the anniversary editions of FF1 & FF2 and PSP FF Tactics to get digital copies for my vita.

#5587 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Dumb question since this is CAG but is it wise to pick up FFV even though I only intend on playing it on vita? Just in case they plan on releasing it in the future.

Also anyone recommend FF Origins, PS1 FF Tactics or PSP FF Tactics?
I'm thinking of trading in my physical copies of the anniversary editions of FF1 & FF2 and PSP FF Tactics to get digital copies for my vita.

If you're going to get Tactics just get the PSP one and origins is 2 games for $5. So if you've never played them it's a steal.

I also picked up 5 just in case they offer it for vita play. I figure with all the other games I have I can wait until it happens.

Also, I'm playing through FF6 now and I can't believe I forgot what it was like to play an RPG that didn't have all the hand holding. I just got Gau and WTF?! the "tutorial" is funny but not really that informative. I'm also constantly asking myself where am I supposed to be going now?!

#5588 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

I enjoyed FFVIII. The man with the machine gun (Laguna) made that game for me. The battle system was ok, the limit breaks were cool. Triple Triad (the card game) was awesome. Liked the visuals better than IX which went too cartoony for my taste, was a turn off from how VII and VIII looked.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5589 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

...Also, can you please try to keep your posts on topic? This is the Final Fantasy discussion thread, after all. ;)

L:lol:L. I love off topic discussion and never have a problem with it but I really wanted to throw up a post just so that when I log back in I don't have to sift through the last few pages of this thread. I'll be sticking to my PS1 disc versions of the FF games, alleged visual warts and all.

I'm intrigued by all of the positive buzz here for Critter Crunch and I'll add a vote of support for Beyond Good and Evil HD. I loved it back in the day on the Gamecube and still loved playing through the HD remake again on Micro$oft's platform. It remains a very unique title.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#5590 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

i feel like i keep buying tons of ff on multiple consoles/handhelds and never get around to playing any.

and... i am feeling the urge to buy more right now. wtf is wrong with me.

ps -- does anyone know where to find a complete list of everything ps+ ever offered? specifically, i'm trying to figure out all the ps1 games it's offered. i'm trying to get them on my vita -- so far i found Resident Evil: Director's Cut and Castlevania: SotN in my download list, but can't find any others but i thought there were. (my dl list is extremely long, and extremely hard to navigate)

edit, i found some more -- looks like RE2 + 3, Oddworld AE and AO, Warhawk, Syphon Filter 1-3, Medieval, destruction derby, warhawk, jet moto, hot shots golf2, 2xtreme, lilo and stitch

but for some reason, Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3, Spyro 1+2+yotd, um jammer lammy, international track and field, final fantasy 5, castlevania chronicles do NOT work on vita.

i may be missing others. navigating this list is a PAIN, and i need to start over every time i select something for dl.

Actually, why can't i select FFV for download on my vita? I thougt that's what people were doing with today's sale?

Edited by affa, 10 February 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#5591 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

i feel like i keep buying tons of ff on multiple consoles/handhelds and never get around to playing any.

and... i am feeling the urge to buy more right now. wtf is wrong with me.

ps -- does anyone know where to find a complete list of everything ps+ ever offered? specifically, i'm trying to figure out all the ps1 games it's offered. i'm trying to get them on my vita -- so far i found Resident Evil: Director's Cut and Castlevania: SotN in my download list, but can't find any others but i thought there were. (my dl list is extremely long, and extremely hard to navigate)

Check the OP for the complete PS+ History.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#5592 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

Check the OP for the complete PS+ History.

you rock.

bummed silent hill, FFV, spyro, castlevania chronicles, etc, don't work on vita.

#5593 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

you rock.

bummed silent hill, FFV, spyro, castlevania chronicles, etc, don't work on vita.

I suggest taking a look at this thread. There are some games you mentioned, like Silent Hill and Um Jammer Lammy, that can be played on the Vita but have to be downloaded to the PS3 first and then transferred over to the Vita.

#5594 humidore

humidore

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

I suggest taking a look at this thread. There are some games you mentioned, like Silent Hill and Um Jammer Lammy, that can be played on the Vita but have to be downloaded to the PS3 first and then transferred over to the Vita.

Castlevania Chronicles works on the Vita this way as well.

#5595 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

awesome. thanks all!

#5596 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff." -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

L:lol:L. I love off topic discussion and never have a problem with it but I really wanted to throw up a post just so that when I log back in I don't have to sift through the last few pages of this thread. I'll be sticking to my PS1 disc versions of the FF games, alleged visual warts and all.

I'm intrigued by all of the positive buzz here for Critter Crunch and I'll add a vote of support for Beyond Good and Evil HD. I loved it back in the day on the Gamecube and still loved playing through the HD remake again on Micro$oft's platform. It remains a very unique title.

In regards to Beyond Good and Evil HD, I guess I better make my usual gripe that it doesn't allow for inverted camera control, which is really lame for those of us that prefer inverted.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5597 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

I picked up FF IV, VI, VII, and IX. Is it recommended just to play them in order? I've never played any FF before except for a couple hours of VII and XIII. Also, is V any good? It's not come up much on this thread.

But first I need to finish Elder Scrolls V and Persona III, and then Persona IV. I'm pretty sure I'm set on RPGs until the Playstation 5 comes out. I mean, Playstation V.

#5598 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

I picked up FF IV, VI, VII, and IX. Is it recommended just to play them in order? I've never played any FF before except for a couple hours of VII and XIII. Also, is V any good? It's not come up much on this thread.

But first I need to finish Elder Scrolls V and Persona III, and then Persona IV. I'm pretty sure I'm set on RPGs until the Playstation 5 comes out. I mean, Playstation V.

God man just getting any FF game sets your backlog an eternity back, now add P4, White Knight I & II still sealed plus who knows what else and yeah pretty much ever CAG is set for a long long time. I just checked my BL2 and I have been playing for 3 days and 12 hours with my commando, still my first play through and haven't finished the story yet. That's what I love/hate of open worlds I go dick around way too much, but BL2 will probably keep me busy for more months :drool:

#5599 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Is Ni No Kuni sold at Target?

Target.com says it isn't. Their website is wrong often.

Yea they do. I thought it didn't because there website said 'online only' but they had it in-store as well.

#5600 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Yea they do. I thought it didn't because there website said 'online only' but they had it in-store as well.

I can confirm this also, this is where I picked up my copy.

#5601 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

No order necessary. I'd honestly start with VI or VII since those are the very best. IX is also very good but you should play other installments to fully appreciate it. V is decent but is the worst of the games being offered. Worth playing for a true FF fan, but probably not something to worry about for someone new to the series. If you want to try the older stuff pick up the recent PSP re-release of IV instead of the PSone version of V.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#5602 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

God man just getting any FF game sets your backlog an eternity back, now add P4, White Knight I & II still sealed plus who knows what else and yeah pretty much ever CAG is set for a long long time. I just checked my BL2 and I have been playing for 3 days and 12 hours with my commando, still my first play through and haven't finished the story yet. That's what I love/hate of open worlds I go dick around way too much, but BL2 will probably keep me busy for more months :drool:

It goes much faster with your other characters. I also wasn't sure I'd ever have time to play another game but eventually the desire to just screw around dies down and the need to find better loot wins out. That being said I still pick it back up from time to time backlog be damned!

#5603 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

So... sorry for asking this at the Final Fantasy thread ;)
But what game you guys think PS+ is gonna throw to us tomorrow, I certainly hope it's not Dead Space 2 , I think it is too late for that.
Posted Image

#5604 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

So... sorry for asking this at the Final Fantasy thread ;)
But what game you guys think PS+ is gonna throw to us tomorrow, I certainly hope it's not Dead Space 2 , I think it is too late for that.

It's already been confirmed to be Closure.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5605 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

It's already been confirmed to be Closure.

Didn't know, that's great!
Do you think they are gonna give us a retail title this month?
Posted Image

#5606 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

couldnt find this in the OP but when do the Final Fantasy sales end?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#5607 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sure.

couldnt find this in the OP but when do the Final Fantasy sales end?

It's there now.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5608 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

It's like the people who get mad at a game and call it boring because there is one OP attack you can do for the whole game and it's a cakewalk. No one is forcing you to use that attack, do something else.

No, but it would seem silly to do less effective attacks just to amuse yourself with new animations, wouldn't it? We're not talking an old school beat 'em up where kicks and punches do the same damage so you might as well mix it up for fun.

That's like saying, "I know the difficulty on (insert sports game here) isn't good enough, but you can always play badly on purpose to keep the score close."

So true. I really try to limit my RPGs because of that simple fact (it's the open world Bethesda games that really kill me, I don't normally play a lot of JRPGs), but I figured I could make an exception for the FF series. :)

I think about my backlog all the time, though, and I'm a lot better about not buying cheap games (that I know deep down I'll never get to) just because they're cheap.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#5609 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

crysis or dead space most likely

#5610 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

That's like saying, "I know the difficulty on (insert sports game here) isn't good enough, but you can always play badly on purpose to keep the score close."

You never played as the worst teams vs. the best teams? I used to do that all the time in sports games (for example, Ottawa or Florida vs. All Stars in NHL Hockey '94).