Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5611 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

crysis or dead space most likely

It's probably too late to expect dead space. Crysis might even be too late. (It'd come out the same day this would be our free game) If we're going off up coming releases: MGS4, God of War, or Naruto. My guess is God of War 3 because it's old enough that it fits with most of our retail releases and because there's got to be like 3 people on the planet who own a PS3 and haven't played it yet.

#5612 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

It's probably too late to expect dead space. Crysis might even be too late. (It'd come out the same day this would be our free game) If we're going off up coming releases: MGS4, God of War, or Naruto. My guess is God of War 3 because it's old enough that it fits with most of our retail releases and because there's got to be like 3 people on the planet who own a PS3 and haven't played it yet.

I haven't played GOW 3. I've only played the first one. But I do own GOW Saga. I should get on that.....
Posted Image

#5613 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Dang I hope its neither GOW3 or MGS4, got both a long time ago and I do agree there might only be a couple people that haven't gotten them. Still great games though, I just rather have something I don't have yet :)

#5614 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

No order necessary. I'd honestly start with VI or VII since those are the very best. IX is also very good but you should play other installments to fully appreciate it. V is decent but is the worst of the games being offered. Worth playing for a true FF fan, but probably not something to worry about for someone new to the series. If you want to try the older stuff pick up the recent PSP re-release of IV instead of the PSone version of V.

OK, thanks. I've got my eye on VI, I booted it up just to see how it runs on the Vita, and with bilinear filtering turned off it looks crisp, clear, and VERY pretty. To be honest, I have a bit of a weird RPG history--I must have beaten the original NES Dragon Warrior a dozen times back when I was a kid, but didn't get back into RPGs until much later with KOTOR. So, I certainly missed a good chunk of the "great" JRPGs that have been made. On top of FF VI and VII, two of my best friends also keep insisting that I need to play Xenogears and Lunar Silver Star too at some point...

God man just getting any FF game sets your backlog an eternity back, now add P4, White Knight I & II still sealed plus who knows what else and yeah pretty much ever CAG is set for a long long time. I just checked my BL2 and I have been playing for 3 days and 12 hours with my commando, still my first play through and haven't finished the story yet. That's what I love/hate of open worlds I go dick around way too much, but BL2 will probably keep me busy for more months :drool:

Darn, I completely forgot about BL2. But I find games like that and Skyrim to be pretty easy to finish *eventually* because you can pick them up and play them a little at a time without worrying about forgetting what's happening in the main stories.

#5615 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

crysis or dead space most likely

Really hope not. Looking forward: Deus Ex or maybe a remake HD collection like MGS or DMC.
Posted Image

#5616 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

GoW 3 and MGS 4 are rather... HUGE games if memory serves so having that on the HDD doesn't seem all that desireable.

On the upside, if you did actually download MGS4 as one chunk, that would make it so you wouldn't have to sit through those long install sessions in the game so I suppose it wouldn't be completed wasted.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#5617 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

GoW 3 and MGS 4 are rather... HUGE games if memory serves so having that on the HDD doesn't seem all that desireable.

On the upside, if you did actually download MGS4 as one chunk, that would make it so you wouldn't have to sit through those long install sessions in the game so I suppose it wouldn't be completed wasted.

You can install MGS4 all at once in the latest update, which also added trophies.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5618 goatamus

goatamus

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

MGS4 would be cool, I did beat it way back in the day, but getting trophies would entice me enough to play it again.

#5619 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Wow, wish I hadn't redeemed Closure on Steam already (from a humble bundle), as I never even opened it. Could have given it away since I prefer playing on the console.

#5620 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Didn't know, that's great!
Do you think they are gonna give us a retail title this month?

I think we'll probably get a retail title next Tuesday (the 19th) and only one new Vita game this month (on the 26th). Just my guess though, and hopefully people don't count on a new retail game, because it seems very possible that we won't get one.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5621 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

You can install MGS4 all at once in the latest update, which also added trophies.

Oh? I haven't played MGS 4 since the year of its release which seems so far away now.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#5622 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

You never played as the worst teams vs. the best teams? I used to do that all the time in sports games (for example, Ottawa or Florida vs. All Stars in NHL Hockey '94).

I did do that, but that's completely different than the example I gave (playing badly on purpose to keep the score close).

In your example, you play your best because your team is overpowered, and the game is a challenge because of the quality of the CPU's roster.

To be honest, I have a bit of a weird RPG history--I must have beaten the original NES Dragon Warrior a dozen times back when I was a kid, but didn't get back into RPGs until much later with KOTOR. So, I certainly missed a good chunk of the "great" JRPGs that have been made. On top of FF VI and VII, two of my best friends also keep insisting that I need to play Xenogears and Lunar Silver Star too at some point...

Very similar to me...I played some Dragon Warrior as a kid (never beat it...I was only in elementary school and didn't really stick with games long enough to beat them) and liked it, and then didn't play RPGs again until college, really. On the plus side, there are a lot of classics I can go back and play now, which is cool. I think the first JRPG I ever actually played through was Lost Odyssey, lol.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#5623 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Is dissidia worth it? Either of them? I never had a PSP at their heyday, and I never really heard about them, so any info would be great.

#5624 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Is anyone else having problems downloading street fighter on PS Plus?

It's not a space issue as i've downloaded the game two different times, but every time I install it i get error code 80029564 during the install and it never finishes. I've tried turning off the system and redownloading the game, is there anything i could try to get it to work?

#5625 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I did do that, but that's completely different than the example I gave (playing badly on purpose to keep the score close).

In your example, you play your best because your team is overpowered, and the game is a challenge because of the quality of the CPU's roster.

But that's not what I'm talking about.

For example, in Demon's Souls, there is a strategy to cheese pretty much every boss. Now, you can either complain that the game is easy or boring because of these strategies, or you can fight the boss straight up as intended. I don't think the second option is silly at all.

In Dead Space, you can take advantage of a credits glitch and max out all your weapons early on, therefore making the game easier. You can complain that the game is too easy because of this or you can simply not take advantage of the glitch. I don't think the second option is silly at all.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5626 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Is dissidia worth it? Either of them? I never had a PSP at their heyday, and I never really heard about them, so any info would be great.

You can unlock the original campaign from the 1st game upon beating the 2nd one, so definitely get #2 if you're interested.

I couldn't decide, but read enough reviews that it sounds worth $10. 1v1 arena fighter that's a who's-who of the FF series with a shitload of content, unlockables, etc.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#5627 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

They're a lot of fun, but Duodecim is the better of the two games.

You also unlock an upgraded version of the first games story after you beat the story in Duodecim (which is a prequel) so no need to buy the first game too.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5628 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I bought Dissidia before when it was on sale and then bought Duodecim when it went on sale at a later date. Is there any reason at all to play the original Dissidia (changes in story, etc.)?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5629 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I bought Dissidia before when it was on sale and then bought Duodecim when it went on sale at a later date. Is there any reason at all to play the original Dissidia (changes in story, etc.)?

Not really from what I know. I never played all the way through the original Dissidia, but as far as I can tell it's better on Duodecim. In the first game you just moved around on a grid when not in battle, in Duodecim you get to run around instead.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5630 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Nope. Dissidia Duodecim is the prequel, then you unlocked an "enhanced" Dissidia story mode/campaign in Duodecim once you beaten it.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#5631 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

But that's not what I'm talking about.

For example, in Demon's Souls, there is a strategy to cheese pretty much every boss. Now, you can either complain that the game is easy or boring because of these strategies, or you can fight the boss straight up as intended. I don't think the second option is silly at all.

In Dead Space, you can take advantage of a credits glitch and max out all your weapons early on, therefore making the game easier. You can complain that the game is too easy because of this or you can simply not take advantage of the glitch. I don't think the second option is silly at all.

Glitching a game to abuse the system isn't the same as playing the game as intended by drawing all the best spells for all your characters. (Which takes forever.....)

#5632 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

You can unlock the original campaign from the 1st game upon beating the 2nd one, so definitely get #2 if you're interested.

I couldn't decide, but read enough reviews that it sounds worth $10. 1v1 arena fighter that's a who's-who of the FF series with a shitload of content, unlockables, etc.

They're a lot of fun, but Duodecim is the better of the two games.

You also unlock an upgraded version of the first games story after you beat the story in Duodecim (which is a prequel) so no need to buy the first game too.

Perfect! Thanks guys, I guess I'll grab the second and screw around with it a bit. Also, is the prequel thing that's a 1.50 worth it or should I not bother?

#5633 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Perfect! Thanks guys, I guess I'll grab the second and screw around with it a bit. Also, is the prequel thing that's a 1.50 worth it or should I not bother?

Don't bother it is basically a demo only thing you get is Aerith as an assist on the full game of you have Prologus.

#5634 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

From a post I made a couple pages back:

As for Prologus, you only really miss out on getting Aerith as an assist. It was meant to be more of one of those "unique" demos where it was a separate story leading to the full game, but it'd give you some exclusive content (as mentioned, Aerith as an assist) and was meant to be a prologue to the full game.

In all honestly, unless you REALLY want Aerith as an assist (not PLAYABLE, just a character that appears & helps out for a few seconds), there'll little point in getting it now since the game's out unless you really like FF stories & want to know what happens before Duodecim.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5635 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

is there an easy way to see 'on sale' games or ps+ section on the vita store? i can do it easily on the ps3, but getting to the FFs on my vita is a bit more of a pain. i did find them, but... not as easily as i would have liked.

#5636 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Glitching a game to abuse the system isn't the same as playing the game as intended by drawing all the best spells for all your characters. (Which takes forever.....)

Depends the game really... If we go off Dead Space 3 and material farming, then it wasn't a glitch, but an intended feature. Regardless, too many people act like games should cater to them and them alone. A lot of these people seem to seek out a way to become over powered and then complain about it existing. A prime example would be The Bee shield in Borderlands 2.

The shield was FAR from perfect, yet people acted like you had to use it to beat some bosses like Terra (I did it with minimal problems without legendary gear) and that it ruined the enjoyment of every boss battle. The funny thing is that plenty of people STILL had problems beating bosses like Hyperius even with the shield, but I guess that happens with every game.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5637 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

is there an easy way to see 'on sale' games or ps+ section on the vita store? i can do it easily on the ps3, but getting to the FFs on my vita is a bit more of a pain. i did find them, but... not as easily as i would have liked.

Selecting "Featured" shows you the FF sale, and "Newest" has an PS+ option you can choose that has everyone offered to PS+ members at the moment.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5638 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

In regards to Beyond Good and Evil HD, I guess I better make my usual gripe that it doesn't allow for inverted camera control, which is really lame for those of us that prefer inverted.

It's funny, right after I posted I thought to myself; "Wasn't it tyler1701 that was annoyed by the fact that the game didn't have an inverted control option?" Looks my memory from the XBL thread was correct. He is right though, if the lack of an inverted control scheme is a deal breaker for you this game might not be for you. If you don't need that though, I maintain that it is an excellent title.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#5639 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Don't bother it is basically a demo only thing you get is Aerith as an assist on the full game of you have Prologus.

From a post I made a couple pages back:

In all honestly, unless you REALLY want Aerith as an assist (not PLAYABLE, just a character that appears & helps out for a few seconds), there'll little point in getting it now since the game's out unless you really like FF stories & want to know what happens before Duodecim.

Thanks again, this thread is hard for me to keep up on, so sorry I'm sure i'm asking a ton of stuff everyone already answered. I appreciate the help!

#5640 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Selecting "Featured" shows you the FF sale, and "Newest" has an PS+ option you can choose that has everyone offered to PS+ members at the moment.

featured did the trick. thanks. don't know how i missed that (well, i guess it was because i was looking for ps+ or a graphic at the top or basically how it's done on the ps3).