Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5671 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

So guys, I've never played any FF in my life. Nor know what it's about. All I know that it's turn based combat. Can anyone recommend one for a beginner in the series. Consensus seems to be FF7 from the sale would be the best. Anyone else back this? Thanks

I'm one of the many people that think VII isn't anywhere near the best in the series but it is a decent title. VI is usually the one I recommend to newcomers.

#5672 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Bumping this as i'm still having trouble, downloaded the game for a third time now and still having the same problem.

This is the game I wanted to play most on PS Plus :cry:

Google it since there are a number of potential solutions on there.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5673 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Got a few questions regarding Dissidia 012 Duodecim FF DLC costumes...

I couldn't find them in my Vita's PS Store but do see them listed in the webstore. The listings do show "PSP|Vita" but can anyone here confirm the said costumes do get downloaded directly to his/her Vita and work fine?

According to this FF Wikia page, FFIV: The Complete Collection has Cecil's DLC costume but does the PSN version of that game actually have it? Can anyone confirm its appearance on his/her Vita?

Curious to know the above before purchasing Duodecim.
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#5674 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yeah I forgot to mention I already had a few like Wipeout, some of the PixelJunk games,Dead Nation, Flower, and Back to the Future.

Already have the Pinball games for the 360, but will probably buy then on PSN so I can have them on my Vita. Have Stacking on the 360 as well.

Any Metroidvania type exclusives?

Outland reminded me a lot of Metriod, open map, platforming and combat mixed, linear in the sense that you have to get to a certain point on the map to get your next upgrade to continue on the story.

It's not an exclusive though.

#5675 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Got a few questions regarding Dissidia 012 Duodecim FF DLC costumes...

I couldn't find them in my Vita's PS Store but do see them listed in the webstore. The listings do show "PSP|Vita" but can anyone here confirm the said costumes do get downloaded directly to his/her Vita and work fine?

According to this FF Wikia page, FFIV: The Complete Collection has Cecil's DLC costume but does the PSN version of that game actually have it? Can anyone confirm its appearance on his/her Vita?

Curious to know the above before purchasing Duodecim.

I had the Tifa pre-order DLC costume from Amazon & while I couldn't redownload it on my Vita directly from the history, I was able to do so via PS3 & then transferring, & it works fine, along with the free Warrior of Light costume & Aerith from when I had Prologus back when it came out. I'm not too sure on PC-to-Vita transfer, but I think you can. I'd suggest trying the free WoL costume just to make sure.

As for Cecil's DLC costume with FF4 CC (along with the Aya costume for Lightning that you got from The 3rd Birthday), from my understanding, those were retail bonuses only. I also see no mention of them on the PSN store.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5676 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks guys. Went ahead and bought it!

Enjoy it! Just remember though, Zack > Cloud. ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5677 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Outland reminded me a lot of Metriod, open map, platforming and combat mixed, linear in the sense that you have to get to a certain point on the map to get your next upgrade to continue on the story.

It's not an exclusive though.

It's like Metroidvania meets a shooter. It's pretty intense at times but I really liked it. Plenty of back tracking for powerups and stuff. Plus the shifting mechanic is actually really fun.

#5678 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

^Yeah, I forgot about Outland because I played it on 360. It's great!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5679 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

^Yeah, I forgot about Outland because I played it on 360. It's great!

I picked it up when it when free with PS+. I wish we could get more games like it. Metroidvania is my favorite style of game. The problem is so many games of that style end up really bad. Shadow Complex was an xbox only one right? Cause that's been my arcade game of this generation. There was talk of sequels and stuff when it came out but it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen. :(

EDIT: looked it up... it's published by Microsoft so of course it's 360 exclusive. AND they did promise a sequel but that was 2 years ago. So I imagine it will get a sequel when Last Guardian comes out.

#5680 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Enjoy it! Just remember though, Zack > Cloud. ;)

perhaps you could let him play the game first and crisis core (if he wants) before mentioning Zack to him? lol

#5681 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

perhaps you could let him play the game first and crisis core (if he wants) before mentioning Zack to him? lol

No, that's ok. My statement gives nothing away. ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5682 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Is Pinball Arcade going on sale soon or something?

#5683 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I have a question and I read the FAQ and couldn´t find an answer to this:
As a PS+ member, to avoid missing any free game of the IGC once it is replaced by another game; is it enough to keep the game in my download list (without even trying to install it) or should I install it and then delete it?
Posted Image

#5684 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

As a PS+ member, to avoid missing any free game of the IGC once it is replaced by another game; is it enough to keep the game in my download list (without even trying to install it) or should I install it and then delete it?

Just comfirm the free purchase and you are good to go, don't have to actually download it.

Haven't downloaded a single free game yet due to space but they are all in my download list.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5685 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

You don't have to download it, as it'll stay in your purchase history for as long as you have PS+.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5686 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

I picked it up when it when free with PS+. I wish we could get more games like it. Metroidvania is my favorite style of game. The problem is so many games of that style end up really bad. Shadow Complex was an xbox only one right? Cause that's been my arcade game of this generation. There was talk of sequels and stuff when it came out but it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen. :(

EDIT: looked it up... it's published by Microsoft so of course it's 360 exclusive. AND they did promise a sequel but that was 2 years ago. So I imagine it will get a sequel when Last Guardian comes out.

I love that genre as well. Shadow Complex is definitely Xbox only and definitely great. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is a Xbox/PC exclusive in a similar vein, I found it fun but a little bit too easy. Dust: An Elysian Tail is another quality title with a slight Metroidvania (MV) feel.

Guacamelee looks promising, and like I mentioned before Knytt Underground looks pretty good as well. I'll probably be buying it tonight. Hell Yeah has a decent MV feel, but ended up being quite linear.

Others that have at least a tiny bit of MV vibe in my opinion would be Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Dishwasher Vampire Smile (Xbox only), and even Cave Story, which is an amazing game.

No, someone just mentioned it as a great downloadable title. It was actually just on sale a month or so ago.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5687 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Just comfirm the free purchase and you are good to go, don't have to actually download it.

Haven't downloaded a single free game yet due to space but they are all in my download list.

You don't have to download it, as it'll stay in your purchase history for as long as you have PS+.

Thanks for the confirmation guys.
Posted Image

#5688 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

It was already a PS+ sale item, but unfortunately I didn't have a PS3 or PS+ until after that. :( I'd love to see it go on sale again, since the game is in limbo on 360. Of course I'd rather they just got the publishing issue resolved on the 360, but it's taking forever.

Crunchewy.png

#5689 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Closure is the free game this week on PS+, along with Critter Crunch for a $1.40.

Alien Breed & NHL '13 are 20% off while Derrick the Deathfin is 50% off.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5690 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Closure is the free game this week on PS+, along with Critter Crunch for a $1.40.

LOL that Critter Crunch trailer was all sorts of awesome!

#5691 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

I don't understand why there is a video for Urban Freestyle in the middle of the post. It doesn't seem to have anything written about it. I'm really looking forward to that one - especially for Vita.

#5692 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Closure looks pretty cool. Critter Crunch, not so much.

Crunchewy.png

#5693 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Critter Crunch is a lot of fun especially for $1.40. Glad I held off on buying Closure during the previous sales.

#5694 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Did I misread or was Critter Crunch labeled as being a $1 originally? Doesn't matter considering it's only 40 cents, but I'm curious.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5695 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Aw darn I alraady own Closure. But it's a great game though for those who don't have it.

#5696 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

derrick the deathfin was just on sale like 2 weeks ago! lame

#5697 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Having played both, I'd say Critter Crunch is the much better game (although Closure is still good). Critter Crunch can be additively fun and there is a lot of content for the price. Closure has some fun puzzles, but I did end up getting frustrated trying to figure out the solution to some of em.

#5698 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

ye gods I hope so. I've been in a crazy pinball fervor lately and they have sooo many good tables now.

#5699 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

doubtful, it was on sale for $5 very recently if i remember correctly. and i just bought Medieval Madness DLC full price and didn't even blink -- I'd spend that in the arcade on a good table in a heartbeat, and to have that table at my fingertips on a plane trip is priceless. One of the tables you get for the main purchase of Pinball Arcade is Ripley's, which is also just a fantastic, fun high scoring style table.

#5700 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

I still can't get the Harem multiball.