Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5731 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well, since we are discussing HDD then....

Does any recommend a good 1 TB HDD? I am getting tired of erasing some games to play others.
Posted Image

#5732 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

From everything I know the PS3 can now handle up to 1TB or more. I personally put a 500 WD Scorpio Blue in about 2 weeks ago. Everything installed perfectly and I was back playing within a short amount of time.

My suggestion is to remove all of your Game Data before you use the system backup utility. I did not do this and therefore it took about 3.5 hours to back up over 100gb of data. Once installed the new HD I went to the Online storage due to PS Plus and redownloaded from there. Basically I waited 3.5 hours to copy information that I didn't end up using.

If you wish to make this process faster than delete the Game Data but keep all of your saved games. then run the backup utility. This should bring you down to a more manageable 30 min backup.

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#5733 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

From everything I know the PS3 can now handle up to 1TB or more. I personally put a 500 WD Scorpio Blue in about 2 weeks ago. Everything installed perfectly and I was back playing within a short amount of time.

My suggestion is to remove all of your Game Data before you use the system backup utility. I did not do this and therefore it took about 3.5 hours to back up over 100gb of data. Once installed the new HD I went to the Online storage due to PS Plus and redownloaded from there. Basically I waited 3.5 hours to copy information that I didn't end up using.

If you wish to make this process faster than delete the Game Data but keep all of your saved games. then run the backup utility. This should bring you down to a more manageable 30 min backup.

I'm already having to delete game data because my HDD is full... so this isn't going to be an issue for me. I'm still using my ancient stock 40gb HDD. See, I thought they had a problem with HDD bigger than 500 being able to use the extra space but they fixed it or something. I'm glad to hear I can use this HDD I picked up.

#5734 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Well, since we are discussing HDD then....

Does any recommend a good 1 TB HDD? I am getting tired of erasing some games to play others.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822152291

I think it is a good choice

for me, I am waiting it to hit $60

#5735 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

You guys are tempting me to finally break down and upgrade my 120GB...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5736 srac84

srac84

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I have a 640gb I.got from.newegg last year for 59.99 western digital.blue Scorpio works on my ps3 slim so more than 500 Gb does work

#5737 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

See this post I made a couple of pages back.

Thanks. :)

Oh one more Question. I've always wanted to play Dissidia but bever had a PSP. Is it worth getting this game @ the $9.99 price point?

Huge FF7 fan here and will be getting that today, as I've not played it in forever as is one of my favorite games.

#5738 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

You guys are tempting me to finally break down and upgrade my 120GB...

It is less than 1 year since I upgrade my 80GB to 500GB & rightnow It is almost full so I need to upgrade again

#5739 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Oh one more Question. I've always wanted to play Dissidia but bever had a PSP. Is it worth getting this game @ the $9.99 price point?

First of all, tell that beaver to give you back your damn PSP, then get Dissidia 02 as it's the better game and includes the original

decker%2001.jpg

#5740 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Maybe it's a good idea to wait till 2/20 before making any further hardware investments in case you decide to be an early adopter.

I thought about that too but there's going to be all summer of PS+ downloading. If any of the used game restrictions are true I won't be an early or late adopter so this may end up being my last console. Either way I know I'll get my $55 in use just from PS+ games.

#5741 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Maybe it's a good idea to wait till 2/20 before making any further hardware investments in case you decide to be an early adopter.

I am most likely going to be an early adopter if the rumors are true, but it's kind of annoying me because I have to erase some games to play others in my backlog (250 GB HDD). It's totally my fault that I buy so many digital games and PS+ games...
Posted Image

#5742 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this since I was banned, but if you're having space issues, go in and delete game data for games you no longer play. I had about 50 GB left on my 500 GB hard drive and I went in and deleted a bunch of my game data, ended up freeing about 100 GB worth of space.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5743 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

First of all, tell that beaver to give you back your damn PSP, then get Dissidia 02 as it's the better game and includes the original

HAHAHA, I meant to say "never" had a PSP! ^_^

So get DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)? Why is it the same price as DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP) if 012 has more content? O_O

#5744 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822152291

I think it is a good choice

for me, I am waiting it to hit $60

Thank you, I just bought that one and it comes with a free enclosure.
Posted Image

#5745 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'd just like to point out that JCrichton keeps typing FFXIII (13) instead of FFVIII (8), some people are responding to him about his points as they relate to VIII because they are following the context of the conversation, while others (like affa) are chiming in and posting about XIII - to which JCrichton is still responding (at length!) as though they are writing about VIII.

Anyway, carry on.

Oops.

Oh well. I'm not the first person nor the last to make that typo nor was I in this very thread. ;)

#5746 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Thank you, I just bought that one and it comes with a free enclosure.

Cool , so you can use the old one as external HD

#5747 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Cool , so you can use the old one as external HD

Yeah you should be able to.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5748 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yeah you should be able to.

It should if I format it correctly. It was a pretty decent deal with the free enclosure. It saves me gas and time not driving to Fry's to get one. ...... Probably saved me some money too since if I step inside that store, I will buy so much crap that aren't necessary. Damn you impulse buy.
Posted Image

#5749 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Today's PSN news:

http://blog.us.plays...ame-collection/

Here's the full PS+ update for this week:

Welcome to this week’s PlayStation Plus update, where we highlight the latest free games, discounts, and features that PS Plus members can expect in the coming week. Many have already jumped online to play Guardians of Middle Earth, which arrived free for PS Plus members last week, and this week we’re bringing you one of the bright indie stars in gaming with Closure; a PSN-exclusive that turned heads when it debuted last year. Read on and also check out some of the great discounts on amazing titles like Critter Crunch.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 12th PlayStation Plus Update

Closure (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Closure is a unique and stylistic puzzle platformer that takes the concept of light and shadow and twists it up into something never before seen. In Closure’s dark and foreboding universe, the only things that exist are what you can see. An object properly lit up is physically there, yet an object shrouded in darkness ceases to be. Experience this mind-bending puzzler free as a Plus member.

Critter Crunch

80% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $6.99; PS Plus Price: $1.40)

Developed by the geniuses at Capybara games, this award-winning, critically-acclaimed puzzle game asks players to take control of the cuddly Biggs, a loveable jungle creature with an iron-clad stomach. Biggs is in search of the jewel-rich critters that invade his habitat once a season, and using his tongue to pluck them from their vines, stuffs them into the waiting mouths of larger critters. This sets off chain reactions of bursting critters that drop the tasty jewels for Biggs to regurgitate for his hungry family. Sporting an 87 / 100 on Metacritic, with 1up.com giving it an A and praising it for its “”Beautiful visuals and inventive puzzles…worth sinking your teeth into.”, you owe it to yourself to hop on this gem for only $1.40. Plus, it has a ‘Barfing Tutorial’. I mean… c’mon, how can you pass that up?

Alien Breed (PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99)

This PSN re-release of the original run-and-gun shooter features cross-platform multiplayer between Vita and PS3, as well as ad-hoc/local and online co-op on respective platforms. With new content packing 30 levels of carnage, you’ll find much to love with options for original or enhanced visuals, and leaderboards for the more competitive among us. This launch week discount is exclusive for PS Plus members, so don’t miss out!

Derrick the Deathfin (PS3)

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $4.00)

Another PSN gem hitting a great price for PS Plus members; Derrick the Deathfin is a fast-paced arcade action title set in a unique aquatic world made entirely out of paper & card. Rampage around the globe munching on paper creatures under the guise of avenging the death of his parents. With a unique art style that sets it apart from other games, and great gameplay to boot, check out Derrick the Deathfin for only $4.00 as a PS Plus member.

NHL 13 (PS3)

20% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $47.99; PS Plus Price: $38.39)

With the NHL season in full swing, hockey fans may want to take notice on this deal. NHL 13 accurately captures the speed, creativity, and strategy of today’s NHL with revolutionary True Performance Skating. Sync up with friends with the real-world of hockey in GM Connected, the first-ever online multiplayer dynasty mode with cooperative and Online Team Play, or relive the greatest moments from today’s NHL in NHL Moments Live. With core gameplay innovation, connected experiences, and the deepest feature set ever, NHL 13 is the definitive hockey experience. Don’t forget to also check out NHL GameCenter video app which is free to download!

What are your thoughts on this week’s update? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to use the poll links to speak your mind about what content you liked the most. If you want to see what the rest of the PlayStation community is talking about, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

http://blog.us.plays...ittlebigplanet/

The LBP Valentine's Day Level Kit will be available for free once again this week, so get that if you've missed it in the past.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5750 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

This is CAG so I doubt many will want to actually spend the extra money but I know a few people do so ...

If you want to increase the loading times a bit on some of your PS3 games, dump a SSD (Solid State Hard Drive) in your PS3. They cost more but I've liked the quicker load times in Tales of Grace f and a few others. It's not a MASSIVE speed upgrade by any means nor does it aid every game but it is an upgrade for those with the cash to burn.

#5751 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

If you don't buy Critter Crunch, you're missing out! I loved the game when I spent some time with it. I think I lost all my progress though with a HDD crash and haven't gone back..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#5752 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

This is CAG so I doubt many will want to actually spend the extra money but I know a few people do so ...

If you want to increase the loading times a bit on some of your PS3 games, dump a SSD (Solid State Hard Drive) in your PS3. They cost more but I've liked the quicker load times in Tales of Grace f and a few others. It's not a MASSIVE speed upgrade by any means nor does it aid every game but it is an upgrade for those with the cash to burn.

what is the size of the one you have & for how much ?

#5753 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Ended up grabbing a $20 PSN card today and splurging on that FF sale.

My Haul
FF Origins
FF VI
FF VII
FF VIII

I already have FF V and FF Tactics WOTL as a PS+ freebie, I own a hard copy of FF tactics and both hard copies and digital of FF IX.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5754 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ended up grabbing a $20 PSN card today and splurging on that FF sale.

My Haul
FF Origins
FF VI
FF VII
FF VIII

I already have FF V and FF Tactics WOTL as a PS+ freebie, I own a hard copy of FF tactics and both hard copies and digital of FF IX.

Was Dissidia not on your list because it's no-good? I'm trying to decide if I should get this one...

#5755 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

How dare they make Closure free after I bought it on sale and put Critter Crunch on super sale after I bought it on regular sale?!?!?

I figured no one complained yet so I'll get mine out there. Good news is that I won't be contributing anything to my backlog this week.

#5756 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Thinking of getting the Dark Souls DLC, is it worth it?

#5757 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Was Dissidia not on your list because it's no-good? I'm trying to decide if I should get this one...

Forgot to add I own the second Dissidia game on PSP. It's a decent game and if your a pretty big FF fan, you will get enjoyment out of it. If your not a big FF fan you can pass it because it spans the length of FF series with playable characters.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5758 foinecrewx

foinecrewx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Are any of the ACE COMBAT DLC worth getting ? Any suggestions ? Thanks.

#5759 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

FF: Tactics, FF: Origins, or FF VII?

I have FF VI, VIII and IX already.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#5760 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Forgot to add I own the second Dissidia game on PSP. It's a decent game and if your a pretty big FF fan, you will get enjoyment out of it. If your not a big FF fan you can pass it because it spans the length of FF series with playable characters.

A fan of FF, not so sure about "Big Fan" but I absolutely adore FF7!