Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5761 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Thinking of getting the Dark Souls DLC, is it worth it?

Yes, if your a Dark Souls fan than it's worth the purchase. The price at $14.99 is worth it so a sale should make your decision easier.

BumslieOG.png

#5762 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

...came out. I'm not too sure on PC-to-Vita transfer, but I think you can...

Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 (to make transfers possible)...no time for yet another system with a big & enticing library.
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#5763 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

FF: Tactics, FF: Origins, or FF VII?

I have FF VI, VIII and IX already.

I'd recommend Tactics over VII, and VII over Origins. If you want to play 1 and 2, I'd play the PSP versions or iOS and Android ports.

#5764 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

FF: Tactics, FF: Origins, or FF VII?

I have FF VI, VIII and IX already.

ff tactics is one of my favorite games of all time, ff7 is great, ff1 is a good game that I love due to nostalgia ff2 is horrible ( my least favorite ff)
edit - yeah what bshirk said

#5765 foinecrewx

foinecrewx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

No one have any comments on Ace Combat DLC ? I guess the game isnt that popular ......

#5766 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I'd recommend Tactics over VII, and VII over Origins. If you want to play 1 and 2, I'd play the PSP versions or iOS and Android ports.

agree with picking tactics fun game i loved a lot just keep 2 saves or be careful were you save

small spoiler
Spoiler

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#5767 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Thanks guys, got the Dark Souls DLC and FF Tactices.

#5768 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

what is the size of the one you have & for how much ?

I've got a 250gb Crucial brand SSD in mine but it was purchased and installed a while ago, probably around 2 years old at this point when SSDs were more expensive ($340 for mine and got it on a amazon lightning/gold box deal).

Besides Crucial, I also own Intel & Kingston SSDs, both have served me well. Were I to buy another I'd definitely go with Intel then Crucial since they have the highest non-failure rate. Well, they did as of about a year ago. Much could have changed in that time. Either way, the best bang for your buck in SSDs is to buy older models since they are much cheaper. You can get a 250gb SSD now for around $200 (just checked newegg/amazon for current pricing). As always, if you want more space it will cost more.

And while I'm on the topic of SSDs it is must-have for PCs if one is looking for serious upgrades. When properly optimized (which is easy if a tiny bit time consuming at first) it makes boot-up, shutdown, loading games/files and just about everything else that isn't shackled to download/upload speed run MUCH faster. Minimal gain on PS3 but tons of performance gain on the PC (and not just for gaming).

On my primary rig I've got a 256gb SSD for game and other software installations. The other HDD, which holds much more is for other files. The big gain is in file read speed so anything that really benefits from that is kept on the SSD.

#5769 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

I just bought em all except the first Dissidia.

#5770 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

I would have gotten VII honestly over Tactics.

Mainly because I was never really able to get into Tactics.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5771 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Going through the comments on the PS blog (which is an absolute cesspool today), it looks like we may be going back to monthly PS+ updates. I actually prefer weekly, but also don't really care all that much. But for me it's actually one reason to look forward to Mondays, to see which PS+ game I'm getting.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5772 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Going through the comments on the PS blog (which is an absolute cesspool today), it looks like we may be going back to monthly PS+ updates. I actually prefer weekly, but also don't really care all that much. But for me it's actually one reason to look forward to Mondays, to see which PS+ game I'm getting.

Fuck, I hate the PS Blog "community." They should put me in charge of responding to people. I love the weekly updates.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#5773 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Fuck, I hate the PS Blog "community." They should put me in charge of responding to people. I love the weekly updates.

I think it would be a much better place if they had better moderation (although Morgan was actually banning people today, which was nice) and a better comment system wherein you could actually reply to a comment and the conversations would stack rather than be scattered.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5774 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I think it would be a much better place if they had better moderation (although Morgan was actually banning people today, which was nice) and a better comment system wherein you could actually reply to a comment and the conversations would stack rather than be scattered.

I'm not on their community page much but what you are describing is critical for any decent comments/feedback section. It's kind sad that a place like Sony hasn't implemented the simplest of things such as this to properly grow their community.

#5775 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

So what's the consensus on Noby Noby Boy? I am a huge fan of Katamari if that makes any difference.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5776 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

So what's the consensus on Noby Noby Boy? I am a huge fan of Katamari if that makes any difference.

I haven't played it in a long time, but I remember it's unique (more like weird) and pretty fun. After a short while the novelty wears off, though. You could do worse for $2.50, it'll last you a few hours.

#5777 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

I just watched a video of Noby Noby Boy on youtube. Three times. Still can't figure out what the hell I saw, but I somehow want this game all the more for that.

#5778 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

I just watched a video of Noby Noby Boy on youtube. Three times. Still can't figure out what the hell I saw, but I somehow want this game all the more for that.

I felt the same way when I first watched a video on it. All I seemed to gather was you eat things then shit them out and eat again to grow. The character looked liked a dog ate a box of crayons and then shit it out. I was tempted to pick it up but figured I would save my $2.50 and play other games in backlog.

BumslieOG.png

#5779 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

so what's the consensus on noby noby boy? I am a huge fan of katamari if that makes any difference.

boooooring.

#5780 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

can't quite decided if I should get One Piece

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#5781 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

it feels like a really bad game you'd play at a art museum having a special exhibit of stylized games.
it couldn't hold my attention.

#5782 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Finally a Yu-Gi-Oh! game being released for the PS3 today.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#5783 midloo

midloo

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think you have to approach it more as an interactive toy or work of art than a "game". I thought it was an interesting distraction and I still think about it from time to time even though I haven't played it in years. The developer is a fascinating guy. I was glad to give him my money.
Posted Image

#5784 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

I haven't played it in a long time, but I remember it's unique (more like weird) and pretty fun. After a short while the novelty wears off, though. You could do worse for $2.50, it'll last you a few hours.

Pretty much this. Trophies are very easy (took me an hour) & it feels more like an experiment than an actual game, especially since there's no real objective, aside from submitting the total length of all the times you've stretched out to reach a new planet with the others who submitted their score online. It doesn't help that some stages, mainly ones with hills and such, have TERRIBLE camera angles & you end up looking through the floor.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5785 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

bought FFIV: Complete Collections and Dissidia 012 and Prologus..

just waiting on another PSN card.. to possibly get 6, 7, 8 and 9.

I should avoid 5 right due to loading times or what not?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#5786 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I think it was 6 for the loading times, not sure. but I do not that 5 is the only one that doesn't work for the Vita.

#5787 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

And while I'm on the topic of SSDs it is must-have for PCs if one is looking for serious upgrades.

Agree on PCs/Macs. My MacBook Air feels blazing fast, and it isn't *that* fast. It's all due to the SSD. But it sounds like the advantage isn't there in a PS3, so probably I'll skip going that route for it.
Posted Image

#5788 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Agree on PCs/Macs. My MacBook Air feels blazing fast, and it isn't *that* fast. It's all due to the SSD. But it sounds like the advantage isn't there in a PS3, so probably I'll skip going that route for it.

I have an SSD in my laptop and it's helped enormously. Another big thing is it cuts down on heat output by a lot. But I heard that it wasn't that useful for PS3 because it's not optimized.

#5789 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Twisted Metal sale & bundle going on.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5790 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

It's ChronoTrigger that has the bad loading times. FF5 and FF6 have a little bit compared to the SNES version, but not that bad.