Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#5791 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I would have gotten VII honestly over Tactics.

Mainly because I was never really able to get into Tactics.

Tactics and FFVII are both great games, though I have a preference for FFVII since I loved it growing up. I would choose the PSP version of Tactics over than PSN because of the new cutscenes, characters, and much improved translation. It's only playable if you have a PSP or Vita though.

#5792 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Twisted Metal sale & bundle going on.

$30 for the new Twisted Metal is a little high, no? I got it from Gamefly a few months ago for $12.99.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5793 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

$30 for the new Twisted Metal is a little high, no? I got it from Gamefly a few months ago for $12.99.

That sounds about right for normal overpriced digital content. When I saw the sale announcement, I was hoping for a great deal like they did for Little Big Planet Karting and some other stuff recently.

#5794 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

That sounds about right for normal overpriced digital content. When I saw the sale announcement, I was hoping for a great deal like they did for Little Big Planet Karting and some other stuff recently.

Exactly, that's why I was surprised by the $30 price point. PSN has done a pretty good job with fair pricing for their full-game digital content recently. I myself have bought LittleBigPlanet Karting and Unit 13 recently, and I am usually not one to buy full games digitally.

EDIT: Bought Two Worlds II as well.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5795 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks to this sale I'm playing FF7 for the very first time. :)

#5796 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Reminder that Kat & Emmett coming to PSN today, free for 2 weeks, will be $4.99 each after the 26th. Fearless stage is $1.99 if you wish to play it outside of Ranked Matches.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5797 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

has there ever been a sale on Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross? I already own them on an account so i haven't been paying attention, but now i want them on my Vita account.

Also, does anything think there's ever a chance of remakes of these for portable systems like they often do?

#5798 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Reminder that Kat & Emmett coming to PSN today, free for 2 weeks, will be $4.99 each after the 26th. Fearless stage is $1.99 if you wish to play it outside of Ranked Matches.

Finally.

I wonder how many more characters we'll get, if any now that Sony broke up with Superbot.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5799 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

has there ever been a sale on Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross? I already own them on an account so i haven't been paying attention, but now i want them on my Vita account.

Also, does anything think there's ever a chance of remakes of these for portable systems like they often do?

At the moment, there's been no sale on them Trigger was on sale once last year (thanks to waldo21212 for the correction), though Cross hasn't, from what I remember. & Chrono Trigger had a DS remake a few years back that added some features along with all the stuff that the PS1 version added. No idea on Cross, though.

Edited by Zonic505, 12 February 2013 - 07:00 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5800 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

For those new to the Final Fantasy stuff like I am, thought I should point out that Dissidia is a fighting game, not an RPG like the others. I'm glad I played the demo available on the PSN network before purchasing it as I hate fighting games and thought it was another RPG.

#5801 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Chrono Trigger was on sale last March as part of the Gamers Choice winners sale.

http://blog.us.plays...he-winners-are/

Speaking of which, that should (hopefully) be coming up for voting for 2013 soon.

#5802 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

For those new to the Final Fantasy stuff like I am, thought I should point out that Dissidia is a fighting game, not an RPG like the others. I'm glad I played the demo available on the PSN network before purchasing it as I hate fighting games and thought it was another RPG.

it's not a traditional fighting game at all. You have limited moves, but everything that happens is guided by your stats and equipment, like an RPG. It's a unique game.

#5803 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

They want comments directed to them only, the OP, not each other. Branched comments allow for stupid infighting and people attacking each other. I think they need to give a big FU to the folks that troll there and disable all comments and leave a submit feedback link at the bottom.

Quality moderation can easily fix this.

Agree on PCs/Macs. My MacBook Air feels blazing fast, and it isn't *that* fast. It's all due to the SSD. But it sounds like the advantage isn't there in a PS3, so probably I'll skip going that route for it.

I have an SSD in my laptop and it's helped enormously. Another big thing is it cuts down on heat output by a lot. But I heard that it wasn't that useful for PS3 because it's not optimized.

Absolutely true that the SSD isn't a great upgrade for the PS3. I didn't actually buy the one I have in there specifically for the PS3, I got it since it was cheap at the time. I installed it because I was already doing a system transfer and I was curious. After about 6 weeks, I didn't notice a huge difference so I swapped it out for a 500gb regular HDD. It was only then did I notice things were slower in certain games so I put it back in.

#5804 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Finally.

I wonder how many more characters we'll get, if any now that Sony broke up with Superbot.

I hope there's still a lot more coming. I figured the game would have about a 32 character roster, so when it only released with 20 I figured we'd get around 12 more as DLC. I don't particularly love the DLC-model, but I think the game could use another 10 or so fighters, and I'd probably pick a few of them up, depending on who they are.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5805 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

At the moment, there's been no sale on them Trigger was on sale once last year (thanks to waldo21212 for the correction), though Cross hasn't, from what I remember. & Chrono Trigger had a DS remake a few years back that added some features along with all the stuff that the PS1 version added. No idea on Cross, though.

I have played the DS version of Chrono Trigger, and it is fine. The only thing purist might be unhappy with is the removal of Frog's Quasi-Shakespearian accent. I didn't care since I had never played it before, but some may. Personally I enjoyed Radiant Historia more, but I imagine for its time Chrono Trigger was quite a game.

Apparently there are two modes you can play in, which I wasn't clear on until I had watched a LOT of gameplay videos. There is an action mode where you take full control and fight like a fighting game and there is an RPG mode where the game fights for you according to what command you currently have selected: attack, move, defend, finisher so it becomes kinda like a real-time pokemon fight.

Guardian_owl.png

#5806 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

The DS version is perhaps the best, though the extra dungeon was rather "meh". However, the bonus of a map on the lower screen really helps.

Also, Persona 4 Arena is confirmed to be $29.99 on PSN when it hits later today.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5807 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Can't wait for the Draggle DLC so I can finally start Ni no Kuni ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5808 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

The DS version is perhaps the best, though the extra dungeon was rather "meh". However, the bonus of a map on the lower screen really helps.

Also, Persona 4 Arena is confirmed to be $29.99 on PSN when it hits later today.

Yeah, CT ie probably my favorite RPG and I felt the DS version was the definitive version. All the anime cut scenes, none of the load times, plus extra content, and a bonus ending which somewhat links the game to Chrono Cross (don't worry, I won't spoil it).

#5809 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

$40 for everything is not bad at all.

I've been spoiled by some of the excellent PSN sales lately (like LittleBigPlanet Karting and the Winter deals) because I feel the whole bundle should've been like $17.50 or something. Oh well, still another solid PSN/PS+ week with Closure, Alien Breed, Ecolibrium, Critter Crunch and the PS All Stars DLC in my future.

#5810 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Can't wait for the Draggle DLC so I can finally start Ni no Kuni ;)

I had no idea about this. Thanks for the heads-up. Will be on the look out for that in today's update. :)

#5811 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

re: Chrono Trigger/ Chrono Cross.

hmm. don't have a ds, so that's not an option. my three choices are paying 20 for both, or waiting for a sale, or hoping they bring the revision to the Vita. I'll probably try waiting for a sale.

For those new to Final Fantasy, resist buying more than one of these unless you own no other game and intend to buy no other game for quite some time. Otherwise your value purchase will be wasted.

easier said than done. i picked up ff6, and i'm FIGHTING myself not to pick up 1/2, 7, 9. I don't need them, i probably won't play them, but... then i think, but wait, if i ever play 6 and beat it, i'm going to want the others... lol.

#5812 geogerf

geogerf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

i bought chrono cross last week while i was binging on the FF sale. it didn't show up as a game that was trasferrable from PS3 to Vita, so i just repurchased within the Vita's store. Have yet to be (double) charged.

i was wondering if anyone had any insight or had experienced similar?

#5813 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

i bought chrono cross last week while i was binging on the FF sale. it didn't show up as a game that was trasferrable from PS3 to Vita, so i just repurchased within the Vita's store. Have yet to be (double) charged.

Games purchased through the PSN are connected to your username -- not the console you bought it on. As long as you are using the same account, it doesn't matter how many times you download it. You are only charged once.

#5814 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Games purchased through the PSN are connected to your username -- not the console you bought it on. As long as you are using the same account, it doesn't matter how many times you download it. You are only charged once.

This is right. To add just a little bit more, all PSOne games are technically "cross-buy", in that you only have to pay for it once and you can play it either on your PS3 or your Vita. The only caveat here is that not all PSOne classics actually "work" on the Vita. I personally don't know if Chrono Cross is playable on Vita, but I'm sure someone here knows.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#5815 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

For those new to Final Fantasy, resist buying more than one of these unless you own no other game and intend to buy no other game for quite some time. Otherwise your value purchase will be wasted.

Too Late. Money well wasted. :bouncy:

#5816 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

This is right. To add just a little bit more, all PSOne games are technically "cross-buy", in that you only have to pay for it once and you can play it either on your PS3 or your Vita. The only caveat here is that not all PSOne classics actually "work" on the Vita. I personally don't know if Chrono Cross is playable on Vita, but I'm sure someone here knows.

CT and CC both work on Vita, i checked before bringing them up here.

#5817 brock_landerzzzz

brock_landerzzzz

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Can someone tell me when PSN normally puts up the new weekly deals? Thank you :D

#5818 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Can someone tell me when PSN normally puts up the new weekly deals? Thank you :D

Around 5-7

I want to know when they put up their final blog with pricing.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5819 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

around 5-7

i want to know when they put up their final blog with pricing.

looks like the last two weeks were posted at 4pm PST

#5820 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Catherine is going to be 50% off. Not sure if this has been mentioned.