Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5881 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation
We’re aware some saw content marked as Free on the PS Store for a short time and got charged. Track it here:

http://community.us....t/td-p/39527381

#5882 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

I like both of them. RCR wasn't the best, but it was fun enough.

I haven't played RCR, but I really enjoyed my time with Payday as well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5883 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation
We’re aware some saw content marked as Free on the PS Store for a short time and got charged. Track it here:

http://community.us....t/td-p/39527381

This will be interesting. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#5884 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

What's the difference between Alien Breed and the alien breed trilogy?

#5885 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

2 moar gamez!!! Sorry couldn't resist. But really the trilogy is Alien Breed 1-3.
Posted Image

#5886 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

i believe there are basically 4 games.

Alien Breed is the most recent, and sort of a HD remake of Alien Breed that stays fairly true to the original.

The trilogy is more of a full remake/reimagining of the game.

I've played the first in the trilogy and it's... pretty good? Not great, but i'm demanding of my dual stick shooters and require perfection.

#5887 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Did they stop the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary sale, or is that still going on?
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#5888 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Woohoo, more than likely we'll be getting 2 games next week! :) I've got a feeling When Vikings Attack may be replacing RCR.

I'm surprised that Knytt Underground and Big Sky Infinity discounts aren't on the "Last Chance" list.

When Vikings Attack was a cute enough demo, and kind of fun, but i'd much much prefer Super Stardust or Sine Mora.

re: knytt and big sky... i thought big sky had a demo, but i can't find it. anyone know if either are any good?

#5889 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Did they stop the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary sale, or is that still going on?

still going on

by the way is anyone else having problems downloading things from the ps vita store

#5890 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

hmm strange that FF3 isnt on sale :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#5891 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

by the way is anyone else having problems downloading things from the ps vita store

I'm not. Just downloaded the new All-Stars update and new free DLC chars.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Last of Us Remastered, Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#5892 Supreme0ne

Supreme0ne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

shame there's not a little bit extra off for + members on beyond good & evil and rayman 3 hd, but for 5 bucks each ill probably get em
-Insert witty or meaningful quote here.-

#5893 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

anyone wanna try to get renowned (20 guardian kills) with me on Guardians of Middle Earth. I was playing with randoms last night and got 13 kills as Lugbo but my team kept steamrolling the enemies too fast and we would finish the round in 5 mins. I know if I could play with some teammates with mics we could just chill n not go straight for towers/base and we could take turns getting that 20 kills with agaundur/lugbo/garandiel(i am horrible with names). Hit me up if you are down either on cag or psn / Velo214

Booster!

#5894 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Help?

FF7 - 1.3GB, PS AllStars - 1.3GB - Free space on a 4GB card? 595MB

My save files aren't THAT big.

#5895 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Help?

FF7 - 1.3GB, PS AllStars - 1.3GB - Free space on a 4GB card? 595MB

My save files aren't THAT big.

Game updates, apps?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5896 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Game updates, apps?

Don't updates get deleted when you delete games off of your card? My save files are on the cloud.

#5897 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Don't updates get deleted when you delete games off of your card? My save files are on the cloud.

Remember when the memory card is formatted it is literally not 4 gb and doesn't the system take some memory?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5898 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

You never get the full, raw size after formatting with any storage medium, so your 4GB card is probably a useable 3.6GB. My 16GB memory card is displaying 14GB of useable space, 2502MB free.

Add some patches to that, and it goes away quick. I think PS All-Stars already had a patch if I'm not mistaken. In fact, the 1.07 patch is available now, and it's 825MB. Ouch.

Anyone able to get the free Valentines Day pack? I checked addons under Littlebigplanet, Littlebigplanet 2, and LBP Vita and couldn't find it

It was definitely there under 'New Add-Ons.' Just downloaded it.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#5899 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

I'm aware of that but 1.3GBs basically missing? It won't let me update PSAS :|

#5900 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

shame there's not a little bit extra off for + members on beyond good & evil and rayman 3 hd, but for 5 bucks each ill probably get em

Beyond Good & Evil HD for $5 is a solid pickup in my book, good choice. As for wishing they were reduced a bit more for PS+ members, I'm in the same boat regarding From Dust. It's a game that has consistently been on my radar for a while that I haven't obtained yet. If it was $4.99 I'd probably be getting it for sure but at $7.49 I'll hold off a bit until I check it out further, even though worrying about a $2.50 difference does seem silly. Anybody got an opinion on this title?
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#5901 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

I started From Dust and just couldnt get into it. I was looking for more of a populous style game and i think it just wasnt interesting to me, but this was a year or so ago.

Beyond Good and Evil for $5 is pretty solid. It's a 1 playthrough game, but its got a good story and generic gameplay, a lil too camera heavy, but she's a reporter, so that makes sense. My kids loves all the animorphic characters and the Jade character(my daughter's name is Jade and her best friend is Paige, so she loved that it was Jade and Pey'j)

also, Boosting as in a bad thing in GoME? I'm not asking them to be on the other team and take a fall, im just asking for teammates on my team that will help take the time for me to get 20 kills instead of steamrolling the enemy in 5 mins and not giving any time for kills. I can get kills easy enough, its just a matter of not beating them too fast. If i had 1,2,3 or 4 buds we could work it out to take our time and we could all get the trophy per round. peace all

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5902 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

When Vikings Attack was a cute enough demo, and kind of fun, but i'd much much prefer Super Stardust or Sine Mora.

re: knytt and big sky... i thought big sky had a demo, but i can't find it. anyone know if either are any good?

The reason I think it'll be When Vikings Attack is because I think they'll replace RCR with another cross-buy game. Just speculation, but it seems like they've focused on giving us one cross-buy title per month.

Big Sky should have had a demo that was released today. I think this is it:

https://store.sonyen...BIGSKYINF000001

Beyond Good & Evil HD for $5 is a solid pickup in my book, good choice. As for wishing they were reduced a bit more for PS+ members, I'm in the same boat regarding From Dust. It's a game that has consistently been on my radar for a while that I haven't obtained yet. If it was $4.99 I'd probably be getting it for sure but at $7.49 I'll hold off a bit until I check it out further, even though worrying about a $2.50 difference does seem silly. Anybody got an opinion on this title?

I really had a fun time with From Dust. Controlled better than I expected and it was fun seeing what each new level brought. I'd recommend it for $7.50.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5903 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

I started From Dust and just couldnt get into it. I was looking for more of a populous style game and i think it just wasnt interesting to me, but this was a year or so ago.

Beyond Good and Evil for $5 is pretty solid. It's a 1 playthrough game, but its got a good story and generic gameplay, a lil too camera heavy, but she's a reporter, so that makes sense. My kids loves all the animorphic characters and the Jade character(my daughter's name is Jade and her best friend is Paige, so she loved that it was Jade and Pey'j)

also, Boosting as in a bad thing in GoME? I'm not asking them to be on the other team and take a fall, im just asking for teammates on my team that will help take the time for me to get 20 kills instead of steamrolling the enemy in 5 mins and not giving any time for kills. I can get kills easy enough, its just a matter of not beating them too fast. If i had 1,2,3 or 4 buds we could work it out to take our time and we could all get the trophy per round. peace all

I still need to unlock lugbol but I should be on later tonight. If your on I will send you a message.

#5904 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I started From Dust and just couldnt get into it. I was looking for more of a populous style game and i think it just wasnt interesting to me, but this was a year or so ago...

I really had a fun time with From Dust. Controlled better than I expected and it was fun seeing what each new level brought. I'd recommend it for $7.50.

Thanks for the opinions guys! I'm leaning towards picking it up at the moment.

#5905 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

Thanks for the opinions guys! I'm leaning towards picking it up at the moment.

There is a demo last time I checked.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5906 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

From Dust had such a great start for me but couldn't hold my interest. I would suggest the demo but I loved the demo but got bored with the actual game. $7.50 is a bit too high on my gambling radar. $5 I'd say buy it and take your chances. Either way try the demo because if you don't like that you for sure won't like the actual game.

#5907 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Glad to see Valkyria Chronicles 2 getting a drop! $9.99 is a great price.

EDIT: Add me to the list of folks who tried to get into From Dust and just wasn't interested in it after a couple of hours.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#5908 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

I'll chime in on from dust also. Played the demo and really liked enough to buy it but it got really stale to me after a couple hours. I haven't touched it since.

#5909 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

There is a demo last time I checked.

Hope so, that may well be in the cards then. Again, thanks for the rapid reply. :D

To be honest, the fact that tylerh1701 recommended it pushes it closer to a purchase. Not because I know him or anything and I'm certainly not the type to solicit and follow tons of gaming opinions on CAG. He and I have exchanged plenty of thoughts on games in the XBL thread for a while now and although we don't always agree, I think I have a better feel for what he likes and doesn't like in a game, if that makes sense. Now that I'm moving more into PSN, I'm sure I'll find other individuals in this thread with that kind of reliability.

EDIT: Yikes! In the time it took to throw up this post, 3 more opinions on From Dust, none of them great, and one from someone on my XBL friend list that I "have a better feel for..." too! Sounds like the demo is in order for sure, thanks again all! :lol:

Edited by chuckie88, 13 February 2013 - 04:42 AM.
Added new comments

#5910 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

I'm in the same boat regarding From Dust. It's a game that has consistently been on my radar for a while that I haven't obtained yet. If it was $4.99 I'd probably be getting it for sure but at $7.49 I'll hold off a bit until I check it out further, even though worrying about a $2.50 difference does seem silly. Anybody got an opinion on this title?

From Dust is a 8/10 in my opinion. Not great, but i had fun with it and played it through. The physics are really nice. It was just missing a little bit of magic to bring it home -- you want -more- out of it, even though there's nothing really wrong with it. Basically, i think if the gameplay appeals to you you'll dig it. $5 would be a better price point though.