Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5911 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

From Dust is a 8/10 in my opinion. Not great, but i had fun with it and played it through. The physics are really nice. It was just missing a little bit of magic to bring it home. Basically, i think if the gameplay appeals to you you'll dig it. $5 would be a better price point though.

See, now reading the opinions of people who enjoyed it make me feel like I should give it another go. What the hell, I've already bought it, right? :)
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#5912 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

i think it depends what perspective you have going into it.
I was kinda expecting populous hd, with like a sandbox to build and take away etc.
It seems to be a bit more linear than i expected. im an 'ok' gamer, and i kept getting stuck or just losing interest on like the 3rd or so mission where i had to save people from the wave attack or something and i must have been playing too casual cuz i kept losing people or not making them move fast enough away from the water and i was like argh screw this and yeah havnt touched it in a year. maybe ill play it tonite or tomorrow for an hour and get a better opinion to tell ya, but idk, like brodaz, i played the demo thought cool and then played the game for a few hours and havnt touched it since. but i mean, for 7.50, you really can't go wrong if you are interested in it. just skip your next meal or something ;)

n yeah, cag has made me crazy about dollars. im like for $5 id go for it, but 7.50...hmmm, lol. like $2.50 makes a huge difference. its just minutes of work, but still, haha. and this is coming from a guy that paid like 70 for chrono trigger on release back in the day. to be young and have way too much money again.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5913 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Totally binged today: Noby Noby Boy, Closure, Alien Breed (Vita), Critter Crunch, Ecolibrium, PS All Stars DLC, Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy IV, Fnal Fantasy V and Dissidia Duodecim.

My backlog is absurd.

#5914 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

I'm surprised nobody really enjoyed From Dust. I definitely did, it felt like something new and different, and I really enjoyed how a lot of the levels had several different solutions. You could pretty much do whatever you want to get through the level as long as you kept your followers safe, and it was fun trying different strategies. It was even fun failing because it meant you could go back and redo everything you did, but slightly change your strategy to make sure you didn't make the same mistake as last time.

Building mountains and valley to redirect lava and rivers was great, you can pretty much sculpt the levels however you like. Slowly watching your world evolve and comparing it to what you actually started with felt really cool to me. Overall it was an extremely unique experience for me. It ended up being my favorite game from the Xbox Summer of Arcade program that year, ahead of even Bastion.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5915 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Big Sky should have had a demo that was released today. I think this is it:

yea, i thought we were getting a vita demo but i think the demo is only for ps3.

#5916 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Help?

FF7 - 1.3GB, PS AllStars - 1.3GB - Free space on a 4GB card? 595MB

My save files aren't THAT big.

You never get the full, raw size after formatting with any storage medium, so your 4GB card is probably a useable 3.6GB. My 16GB memory card is displaying 14GB of useable space, 2502MB free.

Add some patches to that, and it goes away quick. I think PS All-Stars already had a patch if I'm not mistaken. In fact, the 1.07 patch is available now, and it's 825MB. Ouch.

I'm aware of that but 1.3GBs basically missing? It won't let me update PSAS :|

Read my response to your post again. 2.6GB worth of content on a 4GB memory card means you have about 900MB-1GB of additional space to work with. Of that 1GB, I'm assuming about ~400MB has gone to patches, maybe system updates, etc. and you mentioned one of your games is PS All-Stars. That game has already been patched and I'm betting that's where part of the remaining 1GB went.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#5917 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

What the hell... Where's the $10 Catherine people were mentioning earlier? I could get Valkyrie Chronicles 2, but I rented it and there was far too much grinding compared to the first game.

#5918 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

What the hell... Where's the $10 Catherine people were mentioning earlier? I could get Valkyrie Chronicles 2, but I rented it and there was far too much grinding compared to the first game.

it was a mistake someone made -- it's $20.

i was all ready to buy VC2 earlier then i realized it was a price drop and not a sale. which means i can wait. so maybe i will, even though i love VC.

#5919 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

it was a mistake someone made -- it's $20.

i was all ready to buy VC2 earlier then i realized it was a price drop and not a sale. which means i can wait. so maybe i will, even though i love VC.

In that case, I'll keep my boxed copy.

#5920 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

i think it depends what perspective you have going into it.
I was kinda expecting populous hd, with like a sandbox to build and take away etc.
It seems to be a bit more linear than i expected. im an 'ok' gamer, and i kept getting stuck or just losing interest on like the 3rd or so mission where i had to save people from the wave attack or something and i must have been playing too casual cuz i kept losing people or not making them move fast enough away from the water and i was like argh screw this and yeah havnt touched it in a year. maybe ill play it tonite or tomorrow for an hour and get a better opinion to tell ya, but idk, like brodaz, i played the demo thought cool and then played the game for a few hours and havnt touched it since. but i mean, for 7.50, you really can't go wrong if you are interested in it. just skip your next meal or something ;)

n yeah, cag has made me crazy about dollars. im like for $5 id go for it, but 7.50...hmmm, lol. like $2.50 makes a huge difference. its just minutes of work, but still, haha. and this is coming from a guy that paid like 70 for chrono trigger on release back in the day. to be young and have way too much money again.

I remember that level. I lost several times there too. What got to me was the pathfinding of your "followers" would some times just go nuts and people would wander way off course. You'd have to make land bridges like 3x as wide as you'd expect, and I too thought it'd be more like a sandbox puzzle game. The time restrictions and singular focus dampened my fun. I think it was a volcano level that got me to finally give up.

#5921 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Am I the only one that noticed Closure downloaded with one click? At least I think it was one click, shocked me. Normally the free PS+ games take 5+ clicks to checkout with the new redesign.

#5922 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

Am I the only one that noticed Closure downloaded with one click? At least I think it was one click, shocked me. Normally the free PS+ games take 5+ clicks to checkout with the new redesign.

They changed it again where the free games download in one click. That's why a lot of people complained about the glitch in the pricing of the games such as Alien breed and NBA 2k13.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#5923 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

So any good help sites for Media Go? Just bought a PSP GO and everytime I try to initiate a transfer of a downloaded game to my PSP it triggers a blue screen of death and the computer crashes. Tried searching on google but didn't find much anything of help.

Guardian_owl.png

#5924 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I thought about getting BG&E and Rayman 3 on sale but decided there isn't much reason for me to play them again.

The DLC missions give a lot of experience so not that much grinding is required.

#5925 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Finally noticed the PSP/Gamestop deals in the "Alternate Deals" section on the first page and snagged Disgaea, Disgaea 2, and Disgaea Infinite to download on my Vita.

How long have those (and the other various PSP RPGs) been on sale for download from Gamestop.com? I'm thinking about getting some of the others, too.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#5926 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Closure is pretty good. I have no idea what critter crunch is, looking it up now.

EDIT: Looks like some kind of Bejewled/Zuma game with characters that my wife will adore. Split screen play supported. $1.4 Sold.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5927 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

PS+ members get really sweet deals. I had a 3 month membership but sold it because I refuse to trust PSN with my credit card number.

kikyou1.png

#5928 TEC

TEC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

PS+ members get really sweet deals. I had a 3 month membership but sold it because I refuse to trust PSN with my credit card number.

You don't need a credit card to have PS Plus. Go buy a Year Subscription from your local store. No credit card information needed.

#5929 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

You don't need a credit card to have PS Plus. Go buy a Year Subscription from your local store. No credit card information needed.

Yeah I heard about that from a friend but all I have atm is 25 dollars lol.

kikyou1.png

#5930 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Closure looks like a lot of fun and freebie days are always exciting. Why the heck would anyone want the weekly schedule to change?

I'm not seeing a lot of feedback on Derrick the Deathfin? The trailer looks neat and it's only $4. Does anyone have any thoughts on the full game?

I'm definitely tempted by the confusingly "new" fourth game called Alien Breed. I'm a sucker for classic games and I never played the original. $8 is still too high for me to bite on it for now. I'll wait for $5 or less and, judging from the path the other 3 have taken, I don't think I'll be waiting too long.

#5931 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

hmm strange that FF3 isnt on sale :/

Yep I pissed & moaned about that quite a bit last week.

#5932 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Finally noticed the PSP/Gamestop deals in the "Alternate Deals" section on the first page and snagged Disgaea, Disgaea 2, and Disgaea Infinite to download on my Vita.

How long have those (and the other various PSP RPGs) been on sale for download from Gamestop.com? I'm thinking about getting some of the others, too.

I had no idea that was there. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Is there a direct link you are working from or are you just looking here:
http://www.gamestop....388-ffff2418-51

#5933 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

anyone know if CLADUN: This is an RPG! is worth $10?

Edited by affa, 13 February 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#5934 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Over a year now. They were pricematching an NIS sale in late 2011 and never readjusted the prices back to their normal prices.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5935 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

could you link the thread you are talking about? i just checked the ps store and the disgaea psp downloads look like the same prices at gamestop. maybe i'm missing something.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#5936 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Everyone swears VC2 works on the vita? I tried putting the demo on some 3 months ago by connecting the vita and couldn't get it to work.

It works - I've done it. Download through PS3 and transfer the application over.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#5937 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

could you link the thread you are talking about? i just checked the ps store and the disgaea psp downloads look like the same prices at gamestop. maybe i'm missing something.

It's on the first page of this thread. There is a link to the digital download copies for those prices on gamestop.com.

#5938 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Everyone swears VC2 works on the vita? I tried putting the demo on some 3 months ago by connecting the vita and couldn't get it to work.

The demo will not transfer over but the full game will. I tried the same thing with the demo recently.

#5939 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Is the Final Fantasy games still on sale, or was that a weekly sale?
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#5940 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Is the Final Fantasy games still on sale, or was that a weekly sale?

I logged in last night well after the store updated for this week and the FF games were still on sale. I was on around 10pm ET.

Tyler, I was just messing with you to see how long it would take you to see my sig.  Dont get your panties in a wad.

Wrencrest.png