Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#31 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hoping my PS3 gets back from the Sony repair soon so I can take advantage of whatever upcoming deals there are.

Hey, Choplifter HD is on sale (which I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of). Was that one of the free Plus games this summer or was it on sale previously?

#32 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Those 2 things are perhaps the most different about P3P, aside from the female character having unique social links, personas, & such. It may feel more like a visual novel at times than the PS2 version, but it makes getting around locations MUCH easier & faster, especially if you're doing side-quests outside of the dungeons. & while it sucks the anime cutscenes were cut down to just some screencaps, I'd still say that P3P is perhaps the best version of P3 out there.

.....& now I remembered P4G is out next Tuesday & I gotta wait for my copy (Solid Gold edition!) to arrive.

I hope amazon doesn't screw up my Solid Gold copy. RPGs on consoles are fun but there's something about playing a good, long RPG on a handheld that just works for me.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#33 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hoping my PS3 gets back from the Sony repair soon so I can take advantage of whatever upcoming deals there are.

Hey, Choplifter HD is on sale (which I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of). Was that one of the free Plus games this summer or was it on sale previously?

It was free this summer when the IGC launched. It's not too bad of a game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#34 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Apparently the Playstation blogcast says that the bullet-hell game Sine Mora is coming to Vita and PS3 next week - November 20th. Looks excellent.

#35 rpg

rpg

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Cannot wait to try DMC Demo next week to see if combat is any good.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#36 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Apparently the Playstation blogcast says that the bullet-hell game Sine Mora is coming to Vita and PS3 next week - November 20th. Looks excellent.

great news. that game looks delicious and like something I will not do very well at.

#37 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

great news. that game looks delicious and like something I will not do very well at.

If the trophies are like the achievements for the 360 version, they're god awful.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#38 rpg

rpg

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

If the trophies are like the achievements for the 360 version, they're god awful.

are they different from xbox?

ps3
http://exophase.com/...a-ps3/trophies/

vita
http://exophase.com/...-mora/trophies/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

#39 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

are they different from xbox?

ps3
http://exophase.com/...a-ps3/trophies/

vita
http://exophase.com/...-mora/trophies/

Nope, they're the same. Almost all of them revolve around ranking up to different levels in the game. But each rank requires several different things done in game, including a lot of score based challenges and no-death challenges. Looks like only 29 of the 1700 people who have the game on TrueAchievements have unlocked all the achievements in it. So not impossible, but it's gonna take some dedication.

#40 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Bleh. I had a question in the last post of the old thread, but it got locked and passed over.

With digital PSN games I know you can delete the game and keep your save, but with digital Vita games, is that still possible? Or are you completely on the hook for the full size of the game?

#41 rpg

rpg

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hitman Absolution coming to psn

rpg49ers.png

#42 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Bleh. I had a question in the last post of the old thread, but it got locked and passed over.

With digital PSN games I know you can delete the game and keep your save, but with digital Vita games, is that still possible? Or are you completely on the hook for the full size of the game?

As of right now, without PS+, if you delete a digital game off your Vita the save goes bye-bye. The only way to prevent that from happening is to use the content manager and backup the game to your PC or PS3. Now, in theory once PS+ gets turned on, you'll be able to backup your saved game to the cloud and delete the game off your memory card and be golden.

Hopefully at some point they'll add the ability to manage your saved game separately from the game itself, but currently it's not possible.

#43 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Really pissed that I missed the Portal 2 sale for PS+. Had it in my cart but was waiting a couple of days to get it. Didn't realized it was for only one week. F@#K!

Someone posted this in the Target Clearance Thread:

Portal 2 PS3 $8.98

Ymmv, of course.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#44 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Sine Mora will not be a cross buy title (just a heads up).

Digital Reality answered the question today on Facebook with a “unfortunately, no”.

The reason behind this is that the games have different feature sets.

"The PlayStation 3 and Vita versions have different content – while the Vita is extended when compared to the XBLA or Steam versions, the “ultimate” version is on PS3 – more about this soon!"

RPGHope18.png

#45 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hopefully at some point they'll add the ability to manage your saved game separately from the game itself, but currently it's not possible.

Even though that hasn't been mentioned as part of the newest firmware I'm wondering if it's included, but just hasn't been mentioned. Seems to me that you would have to have the saves separated from the game data to upload it. But, I could be wrong. It's just me guessing.

#46 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

I almost bit on Sine Mora more than once on 360, now it looks like waiting was the right choice.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#47 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Wait a minute. What the Fuck is going on here? Where are all of the pages/posts/information contained therein?

#48 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Wait a minute. What the Fuck is going on here? Where are all of the pages/posts/information contained therein?

Not sure if serious....8-[

CheapyD started a new thread. I assume the old thread is archived away somewhere...

#49 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Not sure if serious....8-[

CheapyD started a new thread. I assume the old thread is archived away somewhere...

Why would I not be serious? I just got home and clicked on what I thought was the normal thread, but it had next to no posts. I thought something had happened that caused the mods to delete almost everything, which would've pissed me off to no end, but looking at my subscription list, it looks like Cheapy managed to create a new thread with the OP that I was somehow already subscribed to. That's confusing to come home to when I go to see what posts have been made since I last saw it and see the OP where it shouldn't be.

#50 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

That's a first-world problem, if I've ever heard one.

#51 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

That's mighty weird. My subscription wasn't automatically carried over. I wound up at the end of the previous thread and the last post in the thread was a link to this new one. I assumed that you had something to do with it :) Your work is much appreciated Frisky! I can't imagine the Mods deleting stuff.

#52 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Why would I not be serious? I just got home and clicked on what I thought was the normal thread, but it had next to no posts. I thought something had happened that caused the mods to delete almost everything, which would've pissed me off to no end, but looking at my subscription list, it looks like Cheapy managed to create a new thread with the OP that I was somehow already subscribed to. That's confusing to come home to when I go to see what posts have been made since I last saw it and see the OP where it shouldn't be.

Hahaha! Well, it seems he used your posts from "03-13-2012" so that auto-subscribed ya, since you "posted" in a thread. Just looked and old thread with all it's 10,464 posts is still there/separate.

#53 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

That's a first-world problem, if I've ever heard one.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm settled in now. The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Stock Up For Winter Sale 2012
Lots of PS3 Full Game Sales for Low Prices Teased by Sid, more info next week

Games
Clan of Champions
Darksiders 2
Doom Classic Bundle - Probably Doom 1 and 2 from Doom 3 BFG Edition
F1 Race Stars
Hitman Absolution
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99
Sine Mora
Some Sort of Sonic Bundle
Tom Clancy's End War

Demos
Devil May Cry
Sine Mora

Add-ons
Borderlands 2
Hitman Absolution
LBP
Marvel Pinball
Mass Effect 3
Rock Band
Sleeping Dogs
Zen Pinball 2

Music
Darksiders 2 Soundtrack

Minis
BreakQuest Bundle
Jetpack Joyride - Barry Steakfries returns to PSP!

PSP Games
Elminage Original - Vita Compatible

Vita Games
Jet Set Radio - Free for PS+
Persona 4 Golden
Sine Mora

PlayStation Mobile
Arctic Adventures Brainfreeze
Bouillon Blitz

PlayStation Plus

Games
Dungeon Defenders
Gravity Rush - Vita
Jet Set Radio - Vita
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Vita
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita
Wipeout 2048 - Vita

And just to reiterate, it won't matter whether you have a Vita or not to grab the Vita titles with the PS3's PS Store.

#54 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

can't wait to see what they do for the sale next week

#55 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

It'll be a good sale to test out my new 1TB HDD that I'm installing tomorrow, which I plan on doing a quick restore after deleting all of my games and installs first.

#56 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Full game sales? Ew.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#57 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Chronovolt, a launch title for PS+ Vita in EU, is coming to the states next month.

The developer is apparently also working with Sony to make it free in North America too. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see it the very near future as one of the new games in the Vita's IGC.

#58 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Stock Up For Winter Sale 2012
Lots of PS3 Full Game Sales for Low Prices Teased by Sid, more info next week

Fuck me. Gotta echo gettinmoney's sentiments, rarely are their full game sales comparable to what I can actually buy the retail version for.

#59 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Also, got a chance to watch all those videos Frisky posted in the last thread about the game show video games. Definitely lost interest in Press Your Luck and Hollywood Squares. But Press Your Luck comes in the 3-pack so I'll probably end up getting it anyway. The questions on Hollywood Squares are extremely easy and lame.

"In Greek Mythology, what is the name of the place where the Gods are thought to live?"

Answer: Delaware

AGREE or DISAGREE

#60 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Glad to finally hear a release date on the PSN version. Wanted to get it on XBLA when it was discounted, but hearing the PSN version would have an additional character with new weapons & such made me wait.

Also, the Vita version has touch screen controls. There's a new trailer out showcasing these controls.
Posted ImagePosted Image