Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#571 Hardin

Hardin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

FriskyTanuki will you be updating the "Alternate Deals" post?
I don't know how you spotted those PSX classics deals on gamestop, their filters don't seem to facilitate listing the downloadable PSX library. I've tried just searching for terms like "PSONE classics" but even that doesn't include every PSX games as some of them (e.g. Chrono Cross) don't include those words in the title.
I'm not just interested in PSX games mind you, more in what prices (of downloadable games) gamestop has to offer vs PSN.

Thanks for all your effort!

#572 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

yeah i just bought mk vita also for $15.

ok hey, iv tried to find the answer but no such luck, but 2 of the 2.50 sale games, peggle and bejeweled 2.
These are playable on the Vita, right? Does anyone know if each have their own trophy list?
i know they both have trophy lists available, but didnt know if it was only for ps3 versions of the game.
I know it's only $5 for both, and both games are popcap replayable casual. but just wondering bout trophies. Thanks guys if anyone has an answer.

I'd assume they're both playable on the Vita, but they're both originally digital games for the PSP. So they won't have trophies. Eventually I'm sure we'll get Vita versions of Bejeweled and Peggle that have trophies, but these ones won't have them.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#573 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

yeah i just bought mk vita also for $15.

ok hey, iv tried to find the answer but no such luck, but 2 of the 2.50 sale games, peggle and bejeweled 2.
These are playable on the Vita, right? Does anyone know if each have their own trophy list?
i know they both have trophy lists available, but didnt know if it was only for ps3 versions of the game.
I know it's only $5 for both, and both games are popcap replayable casual. but just wondering bout trophies. Thanks guys if anyone has an answer.

Just to note, none of these Popcap games will take advantage of the Vita's controls. For example, Peggle and Bejeweled are not in HD, and they only use buttons for control. If you're used to looking at these things on your smartphone or Tablets (for a $1.00) with HD graphics, and touch controls, you may be disappointed (even at $2.50 each).

#574 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

yeah, i already have peggle/nights and bejeweled 3 bundle on ps3. ill just wait for cheap vita versions someday maybe. trying to just stick to trophy games for Vita as of now (not counting fft, ff's, re's, castlevania sotn, cuz those are awesome classics)

that being said, this bejeweled 2 on sale is the psp/vita version, right? so if i bought it i wouldnt be able to play it on ps3 for the ps3 bejeweled 2 trophies? thanx

and damn this is off topic, but i wish they had twewy for vita. that game was square crack for me. id be playing it at stoplights i was so hooked.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#575 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

With this great PS+ offering, you kinda want to second guess on every game purchase now.

#576 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

that being said, this bejeweled 2 on sale is the psp/vita version, right? so if i bought it i wouldnt be able to play it on ps3 for the ps3 bejeweled 2 trophies? thanx

Yes, only the PSP version is on sale. There were several complaints about it yesterday on the update post because the Monday PS+ preview post made no mention that only the PSP version was going to be on sale.

#577 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

i second guess on every purchase lately unless super cheap. I bought Quantum Conundrum for $15 a week before it was ps+ free for that 20 back with $100 spent deal. I didnt buy any of the sega sale games or the toe jam n earl games because sega has a record of ps+ freebies, tho most of those were day 1. I just bought sunflowers for my kids to play on my vita for $4 and i told them all, this will be free within 3 months, lol. that is life. can't complain about free stuff anyway. all the deals/cloud/auto sync is worth it and the freebies are just super icing.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#578 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

With this great PS+ offering, you kinda want to second guess on every game purchase now.

To me, it varies by game. I'm not going to buy games like the new Ratchet & Clank or LBP titles because I fully expect them to be offered free by PS+ eventually. I do however feel okay about buying more 3rd party, niche titles like Persona 4 Golden.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($9)

#579 frankmackeyspam

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Sine Mora is not a Cross Buy title is it? I want both versions dagnabbit!

#580 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

To me, it varies by game. I'm not going to buy games like the new Ratchet & Clank or LBP titles because I fully expect them to be offered free by PS+ eventually. I do however feel okay about buying more 3rd party, niche titles like Persona 4 Golden.

battle fantasia was free before... nothing is safe i say, nothing!
Posted Image

#581 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Sine Mora is not a Cross Buy title is it? I want both versions dagnabbit!

No it's not. But it's $5 cheaper than than on Xbox, if that means anything to ya.

#582 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Their entire game library was on sale not too long ago. I wouldn't put it past them to have a discount on the download version.

#583 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Any opinions on Growlanser?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#584 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Any opinions on Growlanser?

The combat takes some time to get used to but the if you like a game with branching paths and choices, you should like this one.

Worth noting that the english version of the game doesn't have any voice acting outside of FMVs where as the JPN version had voice work all over the place.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#585 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

The combat takes some time to get used to but the if you like a game with branching paths and choices, you should like this one.

Worth noting that the english version of the game doesn't have any voice acting outside of FMVs where as the JPN version had voice work all over the place.

Yeah, I like branching paths, plus I heard it had some dating sim elements in it too. Can't really resist a fairly new RPG for half off, now I just wish they'd discount Gungir and a few others.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#586 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

How often do the free PS+ games rotate out? I have one month of PS+ I'd like to use on Dec 20th (my break) for Uncharted and Gravity rush but if I must I can use the code earlier to lock them in.

#587 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

How often do the free PS+ games rotate out? I have one month of PS+ I'd like to use on Dec 20th (my break) for Uncharted and Gravity rush but if I must I can use the code earlier to lock them in.

The general consensus is that the games in the current IGC for Vita will last at least until the end of this year. But you'll know when a game is being taken off PS+ one week ahead of time, just check under the expiring soon section of the PS store or the Update post.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#588 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

After about ten days, I've finally finished redownloading all of my PSN games to my new 1 TB HDD, which ended up with about 320 games that take up about 500GB of space. I ended up splitting up my PS+ folder into folders for each group of games I've gotten (Minis, PS1, PSN, PS3).

It looks like Ratchet & Clank: FFA uses the All 4 One art style rather than the more classic style from the prior games.

FriskyTanuki will you be updating the "Alternate Deals" post?
I don't know how you spotted those PSX classics deals on gamestop, their filters don't seem to facilitate listing the downloadable PSX library. I've tried just searching for terms like "PSONE classics" but even that doesn't include every PSX games as some of them (e.g. Chrono Cross) don't include those words in the title.
I'm not just interested in PSX games mind you, more in what prices (of downloadable games) gamestop has to offer vs PSN.

Thanks for all your effort!

I just sorted by prices and saw if any of them were below the standard $5.99 price and the two that were in the OP were regularly amongst the top PSN purchases on their site. It does seem like they updated the prices for Crash Bandicoot and Jet Moto 2 back to their regular prices, so I removed them now. The others seem to still be the same.

#589 rerun

rerun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I'm looking at you Walking Dead.

#590 spoonman

spoonman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

I agree. It's the very reason I'm not buying either ToeJam & Earl game.
The last time I bought all of the $5 Sega Vintage Classics they gave them all away within a month or so.

I have a feeling we will be seeing more Creat games offered for free.
I've been staying away from PinballTastik.

#591 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

http://blog.us.plays...test-prototype/

A new car has been released for GT5 today of the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Prototype for free.

#592 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm looking at you Walking Dead.

worth every penny

i'd rather pay to play it now rather than wait in hopes of it being free

#593 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

worth every penny

What this guy said. Once in a lifetime experience that one.

#594 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

worth every penny

Seconded.

#595 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Seconded.

Thirded. There are some games I'm hesitant to buy because of PS+, but for the most part, if I really want it, I'll get it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#596 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Thirded. There are some games I'm hesitant to buy because of PS+, but for the most part, if I really want it, I'll get it.

Fourth, PS+ introduced me to walking dead series and glad I've experienced it until the very end. Purchased episodes 3,4,5 with no hesitation.

#597 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Anyone that's upset about paying to support an amazing game like The Walking Dead is just foolish.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- Witch and the Hundred Knight: $25 shipped! (Available until 4/24/14)

#598 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Atelier Totori Plus is getting updated on PSN, 29th in Japan and Asia (Hongkong)

lets wait just 6 more hours !!! w00t
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#599 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

This makes me very sad. That game is such a classic and new gamer's have no interest. It's like Super Puzzle Fighter on PSN, can never find an opponent online. Not once!

I will buy it soon, not sure if I'll go online with it or not though. I prefer to play local for fighting games.

#600 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Atelier Totori Plus is getting updated on PSN

Thanks for posting about this - I had no idea the plus version was coming. Will the be doing they same for the other games in the series?

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($9)