Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6091 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Oh wow you're more dedicated than me. I skipped about 6 levels total, went back and solved 2 or 3, and looked up solutions for the rest. Still, I was pretty happy about only having to look up 3 or 4 solutions total out of 147 levels.

Well, I say that now, we'll see if there are any ridiculous puzzles still left, haha. I came pretty close to looking up a hint or two but then I would figure them out later. I tend to overthink the puzzles too. But yeah, if I ended up only looking up the answers to 3-4 puzzles, I'd be okay with that too.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6092 geogerf

geogerf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

This is right. To add just a little bit more, all PSOne games are technically "cross-buy", in that you only have to pay for it once and you can play it either on your PS3 or your Vita. The only caveat here is that not all PSOne classics actually "work" on the Vita. I personally don't know if Chrono Cross is playable on Vita, but I'm sure someone here knows.

Thanks for the response(s), guys. But to clarify (and what added to my confusion) was when I purchased all the games on my PS3, they actually showed up as being "able to transfer" to my Vita, except Chrono Cross.

Like I said, I did DL it on my Vita marketplace, but it was weird in the sense that it was the only game I bought on PS3 that didn't show up as being transferrable.

Anyway, I still haven't gotten charged, so it's all good... I'd just be nice to see the "purchased" sign on the Vita marketplace on games that I've bought. It just made me hesistate when trying to DL it.

#6093 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Just started playing wipeout. I don't know whyyyy I thought differently before, but this game is awesome. My initial ambivalence might have had something to do with the basic nature of the gameplay when you first begin, but a few races in and things really get interesting (different upgrades, pods, weapons, etc). I may even enjoy it more than the ps3 version. It's especially engrossing with a pair of good headphones! So, yeah, to anyone who wasn't impressed on the first boot up, give it some time, as it gets really good. I'll now definitely buy Sonic Transformed on vita, as it's proven to me it can be competent home for racers.

It's actually one of my favorite racing series. I keep meaning to get back into it and get the long ass online campaign done with.

I looooove Wipeout 2048. I was really making some progress on the multiplayer campaign back in September, but then I just had to take a break and ended up trading it for something like $18 at Gamestop, just banking that when Vita Plus rolled around, they'd give Wipeout as one of the games. Since then, I have yet to actually download the free version and get back into it. The later levels get pretty annoying when you have to start actually winning the races/battles. Also, I was getting ticked off when people would pick races over battles. Races are absolutely terrible online, and usually unless you win, you're not making progress towards the goals, which seem like they're 90% battle driven.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

I didn't see Velo's dick on cam, but I have in pics. He's rockin' a pretty good dick there I guess...I'm not queer though. And I will deny that I said that and make sure Google deletes it.

#6094 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I looooove Wipeout 2048. I was really making some progress on the multiplayer campaign back in September, but then I just had to take a break and ended up trading it for something like $18 at Gamestop, just banking that when Vita Plus rolled around, they'd give Wipeout as one of the games. Since then, I have yet to actually download the free version and get back into it. The later levels get pretty annoying when you have to start actually winning the races/battles. Also, I was getting ticked off when people would pick races over battles. Races are absolutely terrible online, and usually unless you win, you're not making progress towards the goals, which seem like they're 90% battle driven.

Yeah, I always get annoyed when people chose the races too, but it's understandable since they probably don't give a shit about trophies and the races are what Wipeout is all about.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6095 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

About 4 hours into Knytt Underground and digging the experience. It's all about exploration and platform puzzle solving, with funny characters and great style. The world is huge. Should take at least 15 hours to beat, probably 20+ for me. Imho worth $9 for fans of Metroidvania.

Only drawbacks I've encountered so far are you can't customize the controls. The analog stick could use sensitivity adjustments to make tight maneuvers easier. Also wish I could disable the touch screen (playing on Vita) since it's easy to accidentally trigger ball morph.

#6096 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

Pretty unrelated, but has anybody played FIFA on Vita? Best Buy has FIFA 13 on sale for $20 this weekend, I know it's just a reskin of the launch version, but it's pretty much the cheapest I've seen either versions. Reviews seem to be pretty positive in regards to the actual gameplay, but I'm curious if anyone has played it and has any impressions?

I haven't played either version, but thanks for the heads up! Bought it for in-store pickup...I don't have the other version so even if it's mostly a roster update, $20 is a good price for me.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#6097 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Wooo, 5,000 trophies! Completely off topic but I just noticed it.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6098 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

Alright, I know I'm a little late on this and I'm sure its already been discussed here, but.... Guardians of Middle-Earth... what a broken game.

Its fun enough when you can manage to get into a game in under five minutes, and if you're lucky enough to not get a disconnect voiding all your match progress. You could literally play for hours and get nowhere. Would be nice if they made it playable offline... then you could at least actually PLAY the game.

Seriously... I've been trying to play this game for an hour and a half and I've gotten nowhere...

Edited by TopsideKracker, 17 February 2013 - 03:36 AM.

#6099 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Alright, I know I'm a little late on this and I'm sure its already been discussed here, but.... Guardians of Middle-Earth... what a broken game.

Its fun enough when you can manage to get into a game in under five minutes, and if you're lucky enough to not get a disconnect voiding all your match progress. You could literally play for hours and get nowhere. Would be nice if they made it playable offline... then you could at least actually PLAY the game.

Create a multiplayer game but don't invite anyone. The game will start with just AI opponents.

#6100 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Seriously... I've been trying to play this game for an hour and a half and I've gotten nowhere...

I really don't get this complaint. I think the max I waited once was six min and I just canceled and searched again. Sure, sometimes I would get put in a match with all AI but I didn't care.

Are you choosing Elite Battleground matches? If so, that's your problem as that won't start unless you have 10 human players. That is also the only game where you could play for hours and get nowhere as the other Battleground matches last for 20 minutes.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6101 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

About 4 hours into Knytt Underground and digging the experience. It's all about exploration and platform puzzle solving, with funny characters and great style. The world is huge. Should take at least 15 hours to beat, probably 20+ for me. Imho worth $9 for fans of Metroidvania.

Only drawbacks I've encountered so far are you can't customize the controls. The analog stick could use sensitivity adjustments to make tight maneuvers easier. Also wish I could disable the touch screen (playing on Vita) since it's easy to accidentally trigger ball morph.

Thanks for posting your impressions, apparently not that many people have picked it up. I think I'm going to buy it on Monday (I have the day off) and play it for a while.

I haven't played either version, but thanks for the heads up! Bought it for in-store pickup...I don't have the other version so even if it's mostly a roster update, $20 is a good price for me.

No problem. The demo felt really good (as in, right on par with the console versions) and the touchscreen implementations are actually really cool. I scooped up the older version on ebay just now.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6102 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Create a multiplayer game but don't invite anyone. The game will start with just AI opponents.

True, but the rewards you get are minimal and no trophies (not a trophy whore, but still...)

I really don't get this complaint. I think the max I waited once was six min and I just canceled and searched again. Sure, sometimes I would get put in a match with all AI but I didn't care.

Are you choosing Elite Battleground matches? If so, that's your problem as that won't start unless you have 10 human players. That is also the only game where you could play for hours and get nowhere as the other Battleground matches last for 20 minutes.

I have gotten thrown into matches with all AI, and at this point I would prefer that. But waiting 5-10 minutes just to get thrown in a match that disconnects half way through is pretty frustrating. Have that happen to you about 5-6 times in a row and you'll see where I'm coming from. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one... (and no, its not my connection; I play online all the time with no prob whatsoever)

And no, not choosing Elite. I knew that I'd have to wait for all slots to be filled so I figured that would be the longest wait. Just going into Battlegrounds and hitting quick match.

#6103 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

got Closure for free, haven't played it yet though.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#6104 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

gettinmoney - nice on 5000 trophies man, soon you will be over 9000.

GoME- i never had much trouble waiting, maybe 3-5min max, i waited a bit longer for elite cuz i was gonna try to get 20+ kills with no time limit, but even when game started people would disconnect and on elite it doesnt fill up with ai's, so it would take so much longer if there were only a few real players, so it made the time limit restriction moot. altho i did get the 20+ with 35 kills on elite eventually. i think the patch made it better too with connections in the last few days. i always get a match in 1-3 mins and havnt been disconnected since patch, but i know ymmv. hopefully it fixes up for ya, that would pain me to no end if i couldnt get a good match going, especially after hours of tries.

oh but i was wondering if anyone knows how sony would do that buy ratchet full frontal assault get deadlocked/vita version free. cuz gamefly has it for $16, so i mean, only $4 cheaper, but wondering if as long as you have disk/box, idk how they tell if you got it new/etc. peace all

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6105 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

For those worried about missing the sale prices on Skyrim DLC, they are in the Gamestop system for the same discounted price and can be sold as straight PSN codes. It will be curious to see if they stay discounted after their release on PSN.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#6106 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Looks like we might have a new PSOne Classic confirmed. ESRB recently re-rated Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for PSP & PS3.

This probably means it's not the enhanced PSP port that Japan got if it's on PS3 as well. A shame, since we got Innocent Sin on PSP.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6107 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Just got Critter Crunch, and REALLY liking it. It's so oddly adorable, and I haven't played a puzzle game in a while. Great change of pace for pocket change:)

#6108 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

gettinmoney - nice on 5000 trophies man, soon you will be over 9000.

What?!? 9000???
Do we have a group on can for GoME? Would make it a lot easier to get matches going.

#6109 io

io

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

OK, I give up - how the hell do you download the LBP Valentine's Day Minipack? I couldn't find it on the ridiculously slow and clunky PSN store interface on the PS3 and now I can't find it on the web store either. Search doesn't work and I don't see it in the LBP stuff either.

Poking around in new released I was finally able to find a Cupid costume for the Vita - but not the whole pack... Great job on the search function there Sony.

#6110 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Looks like we might have a new PSOne Classic confirmed. ESRB recently re-rated Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for PSP & PS3.

This probably means it's not the enhanced PSP port that Japan got if it's on PS3 as well. A shame, since we got Innocent Sin on PSP.

Well that sucks, was hoping to have the remake on the PSP, digitally or physically (preferred).

No massive loss, as I own the PS1 disc, but still is a let down as I would have liked to have a complete version that matched up to the other one...
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#6111 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

OK, I give up - how the hell do you download the LBP Valentine's Day Minipack? I couldn't find it on the ridiculously slow and clunky PSN store interface on the PS3 and now I can't find it on the web store either. Search doesn't work and I don't see it in the LBP stuff either.

Poking around in new released I was finally able to find a Cupid costume for the Vita - but not the whole pack... Great job on the search function there Sony.

If you look at the description, it does say that it includes it even though the title says it's just a costume:

Flowers and a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day? What a cop out. Why not make your loved one a special romatic level for them to play through? You can even put flowers and chocolates in it if you get this pack.

Note: To download this costume, you must already own LittleBigPlanet™, LittleBigPlanet™ 2, LittleBigPlanet™ PS Vita or LittleBigPlanet™ Karting.

Cross-Good compatible content:
Costume - LBP, LBP2, LBP PS Vita, LBP Karting
Stickers - LBP, LBP2
Decorations - LBP, LBP2
Objects - LBP, LBP2
Materials - LBP, LBP2

https://store.sonyen...BPDLCORIGLK0002

When purchased, this is what appears on my download list:

The first item is the Mini-pack for the PS3 game while the second is the Vita costume, so it's just confusing because they have one title for that Cross Buy content that is a bit misleading if you don't read the description.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6112 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

We ended up getting Rayman 3 HD, and Beyond Good n Evil HD. I'd heard great things about both games for years, and between them, we spent less than a McD's meal.

Too bad the games don't come with happy meal toys though....

#6113 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

So is this Captain Crunch game any good? I'd have to buy a new 20 dollar psn card just to get it as I will not put my credit card info in the ps3.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#6114 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

So is this Captain Crunch game any good? I'd have to buy a new 20 dollar psn card just to get it as I will not put my credit card info in the ps3.

Critter Crunch has been getting steady praise since it was announced to be on sale this week.

#6115 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

how many times are you going to post this, even after it's been answered time and time again?

re: Persona 2... I've heard 1 and 2 don't have social aspects like 3 and 4. True?

#6116 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

He thinks he is clever with the "Captain Crunch" thing.

For future reference, at the top right of this page next to the thread rating, you can click "Search This Thread". Very handy tool that instead of scrounging up a dollar or asking a redundant question again.

#6117 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

re: Persona 2... I've heard 1 and 2 don't have social aspects like 3 and 4. True?

The first three games are completely different in gameplay styles to the last two games, which includes the battle systems, story progression, and the fact that there are no social linking elements in the earlier games.

#6118 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yes, P1 & P2 play very differently from P3 & P4/G. I'd suggest looking at some gameplay footage on YouTube or reading the gameplay section of this Wiki article to get an understanding of how they're different from the more popular entries in the series.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6119 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

The first three games are completely different in gameplay styles to the last two games, which includes the battle systems, story progression, and the fact that there are no social linking elements in the earlier games.

While I agree that it doesn't have the social links, character interaction, at least in P2:IS, has a very similar feel. You can tell that it is an ancestor of P3 and P4.
Posted Image

#6120 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

social aspects are my least favorite part of the persona series, so that's actually a big + for me for picking up 2.