Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6181 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Add me to the list of people pleased by Critter Crunch for only $1.40 for PS+. Rather fun game, though it kind of makes me wish feel it was on the Vita, as it'd be great to take on the go & can be fun in short bursts, like most portable puzzle games.

Also, PS+ update! Vanquish (11.6GB) is free tomorrow along with Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X (413MB)!

Edited by Zonic505, 18 February 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6182 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Add me to the list of people pleased by Critter Crunch for only $1.40 for PS+. Rather fun game, though it kind of makes me wish feel it was on the Vita, as it'd be great to take on the go & can be fun in short bursts, like most portable puzzle games.

Also, PS+ update! Vanquish is free tomorrow along with Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X!

Delicious news.

#6183 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Also, PS+ update! Vanquish is free tomorrow along with Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X!

Nice PS Plus update, I suppose. I wasn't expecting too much flash this week since the announcement on the 20th will (hopefully) overshadow anything else Sony does this week.

I was really hoping for a multi-purchase discount or free PS Plus for the Trials clone.

#6184 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

http://us.playstatio...aystation-plus/

#6185 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

I didnt even know sony was doing something yesterday, I only knew/care about the 20th.

but people like to find things to whine about tho so whatever

#6186 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I've already played Vanquish so I'm a little bummed. I'll probably try out Mega Man though. PS+ has been sort of a dry spell for me lately. I've either had the past few games on other consoles or have already played them. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

And remember guys, Vanquish is NOT a third-person shooter.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6187 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Vanquish and Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X are actually two quality games everyone should check out if they haven't already.

Very nice~

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#6188 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

That was a great day lol

#6189 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I picked up FFVII and IX. Now I'm contemplating VIII.

#6190 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'd highly recommend it

#6191 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

still have not opened the new copy of Vanquish i bought for $5 2 years ago. :cry:

#6192 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

just beat From Dust. pretty good stuff. most annoying level was that Raging Earth level. Peace all

Really? The only trouble I had any problems with was the 2nd to last level, "Movements".
Spoiler

Also, PS+ update! Vanquish (11.6GB) is free tomorrow along with Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X (413MB)!

Vanquish is great news to me. I loved it on my 360 and sold it, planning to re-buy it for PS3 for another playthrough. I could never get my hands on a $5 copy, so this works out great for me.

As for the MegaMan game, I've never heard of it. Sounds interesting, but I don't think I'll check it out right away.

LOL thank you for the reminder.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#6193 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

As for the MegaMan game, I've never heard of it. Sounds interesting, but I don't think I'll check it out right away.

It's pretty much a Mega Man X remake with new graphics, the ability to play as Vile, and a 30 minute OVA that's suppose to be a prequel to the events of the game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6194 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Reiterating what's been said many times in this thread VI-IX are worth owning as well as tactics.

#6195 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

It's pretty much a Mega Man X remake with new graphics, the ability to play as Vile, and a 30 minute OVA that's suppose to be a prequel to the events of the game.

That sounds pretty cool. Thanks.

#6196 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm still trying to make a decision on IV. It's too easy to just keep adding one more to the cart!

#6197 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Please explain? I want to be in on the joke like all the cool kids.

#6198 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm still trying to make a decision on IV. It's too easy to just keep adding one more to the cart!

IV is really good as well and well worth the amount it is on sale for. It is probably my 2nd favorite FF game of all time.

#6199 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

For all those EU PS Plus lovers and wannabe's, EU is getting 20% off of Aliens: Colonial Marines. I suppose this is on top of already announced February EU Plus games, but given the reviews of Aliens, it sounds like we are not missing much on that extra Plus "bonus."

#6200 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Getting a psp game will be nice for everyone who picked up a go recently. Im looking forward to it as i almost never played psp games.

#6201 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Reiterating what's been said many times in this thread VI-IX are worth owning as well as tactics.

I was under the impression that everyone thought VIII was not too good? Personally, the whole "magic spells work kinda like items you have to stock up on" thing (or something like that) seems like it would really bug me.

#6202 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

i am in utter shock that Sony hyped us up so much just to announce price drops and display some games. Really, for that kind of non-news they should only give us like 10 minutes warning (instead of several hours!) so our minds don't have time to decide they're going to announce GTA5 for the vita coming out next month, free for all ps+ members. And I'm really worried about the 20th... they gave us 2 weeks notice for that one. If they don't announce the PS4 is coming out in a week for $100 with 3 free games, I'm done with Sony.

RE: VANQUISH --
I already beat this, but have wanted to go back and eventually plat it. Such a great game. I know it's been joked about, but don't play this game like a duck and cover 3rd person shooter. If you're not rolling around and using your abilities, you're doing it wrong (as the challenge levels will make abundantly clear). the game is about fluid, seamless combat... not 'duck and cover'. if you play the campaign in cover, you'll be bored.

#6203 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Don't.

*slap*

Forget.

*slap*

FFIV.

*slap*

#6204 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

The Go works really well for RPG games. Can't imagine trying to play a God of War game with that tiny joystick (joynub. That's what she said).

Battery life is absolute shit, however. I do enjoy the option of it creating a save state when the battery dies mid game, however. (You can also pause the game, power off, and do this sometimes)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#6205 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Please explain? I want to be in on the joke like all the cool kids.

Basically, there was a member (who's now been banned) who kept going on and on about how Vanquish was not a third-person shooter and thus was not meant to be played as one. He then explained that if you played it as such that must mean that you're terrible at video games.

To keep this on topic, I actually thought about getting the platinum on Vanquish because, at first glance, it seemed manageable. The game's pretty challenging though so I quickly gave up on that. I did beat it and had a blast with it though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6206 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

To keep this on topic, I actually thought about getting the platinum on Vanquish because, at first glance, it seemed manageable. The game's pretty challenging though so I quickly gave up on that. I did beat it and had a blast with it though.

Yeah, I recall the challenge levels being extremely difficult and something that would prevent me from ever trying to platinum it.

#6207 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Don't.

*slap*

Forget.

*slap*

FFIV.

*slap*

FFIV is indeed great but I thought he was talking about PS3/PS1 classics.

#6208 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Oh shit, now we get Vanquish on US+. Better late than never.

If anyone wants a year of EU+ I have a code I'll sell for $50. They're surprisingly a pain in the ass to get.

#6209 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Basically, there was a member (who's now been banned) who kept going on and on about how Vanquish was not a third-person shooter and thus was not meant to be played as one. He then explained that if you played it as such that must mean that you're terrible at video games.

We need a blog to document these stuff, this, reckoning fiasco and so on.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6210 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

FFIV is indeed great but I thought he was talking about PS3/PS1 classics.

FF IV is a PS1 classic title as well, is it not.