Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6271 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

So the Final Fantasy sale ends tomorrow. I still can't figure out which one to get. I picked up VII during the sale, and I already own FFIV Complete. I'm debating whether to get FFVIII or FFIX. I'm tempted to get both, but I would HATE to add even more to my backlog, so I only want to get one. I haven't played any of the FF games 1-10 except 3 (haven't finished IV or VII). Could I get some input on which one to get?

#6272 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Did you play American III - which is really VI - or real III, like on DS? If the former, get IX since they are very similar. IX is one of the best in the series, IMO.

#6273 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

So the Final Fantasy sale ends tomorrow. I still can't figure out which one to get. I picked up VII during the sale, and I already own FFIV Complete. I'm debating whether to get FFVIII or FFIX. I'm tempted to get both, but I would HATE to add even more to my backlog, so I only want to get one. I haven't played any of the FF games 1-10 except 3 (haven't finished IV or VII). Could I get some input on which one to get?

Get IX. I started it a couple weeks ago and I'm surprised how good it is. If I wasn't blinded by nostalgia for VII I'd say IX would be my favorite out of VII, VIII, IX.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6274 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

I also second IX. It's my favorite Final Fantasy ever.

The card game within the game is pretty fun too if memory serves me right.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS, Wolfenstein: New Order 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)

#6275 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I got Duodecim since I have wanted that game for the longest time. Alll I can say it is hard as heck or I probably just suck at it, also I am pretty low leveled right now. Though the fights and moves are pretty darn epic.

#6276 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

At least PS+ update is decent this week. I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with it for awhile.

Nothing at all wrong with it in my opinion. I've enjoyed the most of the recent games and discounts we've got.

So dragonborn can't be bought from the web store...son of a

Right here:
https://store.sonyen...=Chihiro_Launch

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6277 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

I third IX.

Also you can buy the skyrim dlc code at Gamestop for $10.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6278 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

What Final Fantasy game should I get? Also, do I need to download Plus games to keep them?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6279 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

What Final Fantasy game should I get? Also, do I need to download Plus games to keep them?

You don't need to download them. Just make sure you purchase them and have them on your download list.

FF8 was designed as an entry title. If you're new to them or the genre, it's a good place to start. Tactics is my favorite, but it's the largest time sink and I'd recommend playing a demo before buying it. It's not for everyone. FF9 and FF7 are both great. Although I'd save FF9 for later on since you'll enjoy the battle system more. FF7 is the popular choice.

FF6 is hailed as a fan favorite and focuses on the cast rather than just a mc. And has the best villian, imo. Wasn't a fan of FF5. Origins is fine too.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#6280 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

wouldn't mind having maverick hunter, but since my plus ends in about a week and a half I would have rather it been on sale for $5.

Guardian_owl.png

#6281 J7.

J7.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Hell I was just glad to see that they haven't completely shoved the Vita in to a corner over at Sony HQ. Price drop is good. The known releases for the rest of the year, while each one does look pretty awesome, is a really short list. The poor little platform needs support!

That said, is anyone interested in FFX HD? It feels like Square really missed the window of opportunity for that thing - unless it comes out looking like XIII I expect it'll be a huge pile of 'meh' for everyone when it finally lands. They should obviously just divert their remaining company resources to making Final Fantasy Tactics 2 and release it as soon as possible.

Square should outsource FFT to some other company since they are never going to do anything with it. Hell maybe they should outsource some other games too or sell the rights. Get somebody else to make a sequel to Chrono or Vagrant Story, someone else remake FF 6-9.

#6282 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

wouldn't mind having maverick hunter, but since my plus ends in about a week and a half I would have rather it been on sale for $5.

You could probably beat it in a week and a half. It's a fun game.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6283 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Great freebies coming up for those that don't have them yet. Sadly, I already have Vanquish on 360 on Mega Man on UMD. I really enjoyed Vanquish. It was a good quick unique sci-fi shooter. I realize the gameplay isn't the same but the feel of the environments and powers reminded me a lot of Mass Effect's combat.

#6284 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

Oh cool, I have Vanquish on my 360 backlog. Kind of wanted it more on PS3 since I play on that system more. So now I have it on PS3. Glad I renewed for a year instead of buying 3 months every once and a awhile.

Mega Man X Maverick Hunters is nice as well since I have the UMD. A digital copy is nice if I ever get a Vita.

#6285 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Tactics is my favorite, but it's the largest time sink and I'd recommend playing a demo before buying it. It's not for everyone.

A demo would do FFT no justice what so ever. The demo would probably just throw you into the first or second fight which doesn't even come close to scratching the surface of what makes the game so awesome. I remember buying it the day it came out on PS1. It was the same day I bought the actual system. My mind was BLOWN.

#6286 lilman

lilman

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Added FF VIII and IX to my backlog thanks to all the recs. Already got Vi and VII earlier in this sale and Tactics through PS+. Still have not played a FF game :P

#6287 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I got Duodecim since I have wanted that game for the longest time. Alll I can say it is hard as heck or I probably just suck at it, also I am pretty low leveled right now. Though the fights and moves are pretty darn epic.

I'd suggest going into Battle Mode & choosing the lower difficulty so you can get a basic feel for each character. Some characters won't be very good until you level up and gain more attacks & abilities such as speed & jump boosts (looking at you, Exdeath. Ugh), but once you're familiar with a character's attack style, their strengths & weaknesses, and made them more powerful, it makes for a great game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6288 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Fuck yes!!!! Hotline Miami is coming to PS3 and Vita and will be cross-buy.

#6289 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

^Excellent news. I've heard a lot of buzz about Hotline Miami, but since I don't game on my PC I haven't really looked into what it was all about. Kind of looked like Retro City Rampage/GTA 1&2. Anyway, pretty awesome!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6290 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Got it free on pc but will pick up the vita version for sure! It's the perfect game for a handheld.

#6291 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

:applause: Nice. Seems like the perfect fit for vita! I'll be double dipping.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#6292 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'm pretty ecstatic about getting Vanquish for free. I played the demo when it first came out and enjoyed it tremendously. I just never got around to buying it. This game will be the perfect diversion from Skyrim, which I need a break from. I don't really want to invest 15-20+ hours in another game, so the shorter game length of Vanquish suits me just fine.

#6293 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I love love love Hotline Miami, but I'd like to see how they implement pad controls into the game. One of the few games I've played in recent history where I felt like you absolutely needed split-second timing with mouse precision aiming to get through it.

#6294 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

HM looks like a bloody fun time but it'll have to wait until HM comes free to PS+ for me. Vanquish is a great add to PS+ I've always wanted to play Vanquish after having run through the demo some years back so it was a title I had in the back of my mind to pick up in the bargain bin. Too bad it doesn't feature vs or co-op multiplayer. If I remember right; not having online multiplayer was the main reason I never bought it in the 1st place.
Posted Image

#6295 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

^Wow that sig gif is the most distracting one I've ever seen. Even more distracting than the Katy Perry one. Interesting, but extremely distracting.

#6296 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

PSN Gamers' Choice Awards 2013: http://blog.us.plays...ng-opens-today/

Winners will go on sale next week, with a bigger discount for PS+ members.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6297 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

I saw this news on IGN and was very excited. Watching the gameplay reminds me of old school GTA. I would love to play this on the Vita. :applause:

Edited by sherlock2g, 19 February 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#6298 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

so the final fantasy sale ends tomorrow. I still can't figure out which one to get. I picked up vii during the sale, and i already own ffiv complete. I'm debating whether to get ffviii or ffix. I'm tempted to get both, but i would hate to add even more to my backlog, so i only want to get one. I haven't played any of the ff games 1-10 except 3 (haven't finished iv or vii). Could i get some input on which one to get?

last day for final fantasy sale! :)

#6299 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

The list of games makes me feel like PSN had a down year.

It is a pretty lame list. What's worse is that Journey is nominated for a bunch of categories and will probably win them all, which means we are losing out on discounts. I'd like to get Rainbow Moon on the cheap, but there is no way it is going to beat Journey or Soundshapes in voting.

#6300 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Capcom has confirmed that Maverick Hunter X will be free on PS+ until April 23rd. So yeah, you've got over 2 months to decide if you want it or not.
Posted ImagePosted Image