Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6301 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Ok, I'll say it. Everyone vote for Super Stardust Delta for Best Vita game. Its the only one that has not been on sale yet!

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#6302 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

PSN Gamers' Choice Awards 2013: http://blog.us.plays...ng-opens-today/

Winners will go on sale next week, with a bigger discount for PS+ members.

I always found it kind of funny how that works. Wouldn't people be more entitled to vote for something they don't own but want instead of what they actually think is better?

For example, I own San Andreas but I won't vote for it cause I already own it and would rather have the other stuff at a discounted price.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#6303 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I saw this news on IGN and was very excited. Watching the gameplay reminds me of old school GTA. I would love to play this on the Vita. :applause:

I think a lot of people are going to be confused as to what genre Hotline Miami is, including myself originally. Keep in mind it's nothing like GTA. It may look like and possibly feel like it at first, but I would actually call the core gameplay a puzzle game more so than anything else. It's not free roam and while you do have some freedom, the levels are somewhat linear in terms of how to succeed.

It's frustrating, but it's also incredibly fun and very rewarding. Someone above mentioned that this is a game where they felt like you needed the mouse for ultimate precision and I agree. I'm not sure how well it'll translate to consoles.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6304 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

I love love love Hotline Miami, but I'd like to see how they implement pad controls into the game. One of the few games I've played in recent history where I felt like you absolutely needed split-second timing with mouse precision aiming to get through it.

I absolutely loathe kb+m, but in this instance I'll agree that it's the ideal control scheme given the precision and speed required. I did, however, manage to play the first few stages on PC with a controller and it was still incredibly fun and gratifying. Maybe they'll add an additional touch screen interface for the vita port.

HM looks like a bloody fun time but it'll have to wait until HM comes free to PS+ for me.

I actually don't want it to go to the IGC, lol, and I doubt it will anytime soon after its release. I want it to sell!! I'm sure developers are compensated if their game is included, but I don't feel like it's the place for a new game to gain any sort of notoriety. The "free" label sort of devalues it.

Meh, we all know exactly what's going to happen here (especially w/ Journey being in so many categories). It doesn't make sense to do it this way.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#6305 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I always found it kind of funny how that works. Wouldn't people be more entitled to vote for something they don't own but want instead of what they actually think is better?

For example, I own San Andreas but I won't vote for it cause I already own it and would rather have the other stuff at a discounted price.

Yeah, I feel like I'd rather vote for something to be on sale than what I already have, yet think it might've been better than the other options. I'm sure I'm not the only one who share the same thought.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6306 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

yeah, wow, all the categories kind of suck. journey in 3 different categories? i was excited i saved my credit, but then i looked at the list. =/

also, lol @ the vita category. if anyone votes for gravity rush/tales of mutant blobs, they're crazy. voting for stardust, and that's about it.

#6307 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Woo, I hope Legend of Dragoon wins so it goes on sale.

I'd love to pick that up at half price.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#6308 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Why would they put Journey in 3 categories??? That is stupid, they'd be better off just discounting all of the nominees

#6309 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

last day for final fantasy sale! :)

Unfortunately, it looks like XIII-2 dlc isn't part of this sale. I passed on the last one but I got the game back in my collection since then.

Why would they put Journey in 3 categories??? That is stupid, they'd be better off just discounting all of the nominees

Looks like Sound Shapes is in 2 categories. I'd say vote for Walking Dead for Best PSN Game and Sound Shapes for Best Indie Game.

#6310 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm hoping Skullgirls wins. I played it and it was pretty fun, and I wouldn't mind picking it up on sale. Journey is obviously going to win. I'm not sure which game to vote for in the PSP category. I kind of want Growlanser to win since I missed picking it up when it was on sale late last year, but Ragnarok hasn't been on sale, so it would be cool to nab that.

#6311 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

I enjoyed Hotline Miami a decent amount in the first half to 2/3rds of the game, but by the time you reach the final 1/3rd of the game and stealth is no longer an option and instead a rapid succession of precision shooting/switching weapons is required (1 shot will kill you) I quickly found myself no longer having any fun.

Guardian_owl.png

#6312 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

That would be a Square Enix decision and they've decided to only have one version of a game on PSN with only FF Tactics being the odd man out. They could've had the PS1 version of FFIV on there to go with 1, 2, 5, and 6, but they only saw fit to offer the Complete Collection for PSP/Vita people while telling PS3 people to Fuck off with that. The same goes for the PSP versions of 1 and 2, which are negated in their eyes by the release of the PS1 versions on PSN. It's stupid, but that's Square Enix's North American branch for you at this point.

Ah, that blows. I thought the PS1 version of IV just wasn't on there because they didn't want a cheaper version of FFIV possibly eating up sales of Complete.

SE does seem to be odd about deciding on games to put on PSN though. We don't have the Star Ocean games of Valkyrie Profile either(PSP or PS1 versions).

#6313 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm definitely voting for Walking Dead so there's a chance for a $10 sale like they did for 360.

#6314 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Can anyone tell me if Final Fantasy IV is really worth playing again for the Complete Collection? I've played it on PS1, GBA, and DS so even though I like the game I'm really thinking I'll pass. Not sure if I care about the new graphics and After Years enough to bite.

#6315 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Vote Velocity for the mini! Awesome game that more people need to play.

#6316 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

You are assuming that if there was no potential sale, people would cast their vote based on rational thinking and an open mind. As we all know, that would never happen anyway, so it really doesn't matter. The only thing they should do is call it what it is and say, "Vote for which sale you'll get."

Even so, it is still pretty dumb to have so many duplicates in categories unless Sony is trying to ensure that certain games like Journey go on sale.

#6317 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I enjoyed Hotline Miami a decent amount in the first half to 2/3rds of the game, but by the time you reach the final 1/3rd of the game and stealth is no longer an option and instead a rapid succession of precision shooting/switching weapons is required (1 shot will kill you) I quickly found myself no longer having any fun.

I agree with your assessment. Die, try again, die, try again, die, try again, die, try again, die.

It's a cool game but I had to put it down for a bit so I could play something less frustrating. My keyboard breathed a heavy sigh of relief. :lol:

#6318 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Predator, Survivors, and Onslaught modes for Resident Evil 6 will be out today for PS3 priced at $3.99 each, with a map pack on March 5th
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6319 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Can anyone tell me if Final Fantasy IV is really worth playing again for the Complete Collection? I've played it on PS1, GBA, and DS so even though I like the game I'm really thinking I'll pass. Not sure if I care about the new graphics and After Years enough to bite.

How long has it been since you ran through? That's what I asked myself. I skipped the DS release, and it's been close to 10 years since I tried it, so I bit. If its only been a few years, probably not worth it.

Rohsiph.png

#6320 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

It is a pretty lame list. What's worse is that Journey is nominated for a bunch of categories and will probably win them all, which means we are losing out on discounts. I'd like to get Rainbow Moon on the cheap, but there is no way it is going to beat Journey or Soundshapes in voting.

Ok, I'll say it. Everyone vote for Super Stardust Delta for Best Vita game. Its the only one that has not been on sale yet!

I'll pretty much echo all the other sentiments in this thread. I've never particularly cared for the Gamer's Choice Awards sales because usually they are games that have already had a sale and I've already picked up. Same holds true for this year.

I'll definitely echo nightmare452 in saying I hope everyone votes for Super Stardust Delta. I'd love to pick that up on sale, and voting for either of the 2 games that were already part of the IGC is pretty dumb if you have PS+. Sucks that the RE Chronicles games aren't nominated in the best Move category.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6321 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

PSN Gamers' Choice Awards 2013

I love be able to vote for our deals - they should do it more often!

#6322 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Sucks that the RE Chronicles games aren't nominated in the best Move category.

this, even though i bought them back when we had the 10% off or w/e it was. the move enabled list is pretty poor. i know counter strike has sharpshooter support, but it's already in another category as well. i don't know if ghost recon has it or not, but i already have that for 360 anyway.

#6323 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Oh man, I hope The Walking Dead wins.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6324 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Walking dead can be beat in 8 - 10 hours, go snag it at redbox using a free game code and put your funds elsewhere. Btw, it's a fantastic game, like watching a season of the show with a better lead character than the TV series.

125365.png

#6325 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Walking dead can be beat in 8 - 10 hours, go snag it at redbox using a free game code and put your funds elsewhere. Btw, it's a fantastic game, like watching a season of the show with a better lead character than the TV series.

I don't rent games and I wouldn't want to force myself to play 8-10 hours of a game in 2-3 days or however long a Redbox rental is.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6326 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I hope Magic 2013 wins. That's the only game on the list that I don't have that I'd buy (depending on how deep the discount is).. that and maybe Journey, which is definitely going to win anyway.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#6327 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Only things I want is Legend of Dragoon and GTA:SA... I sure hope one of them wins.

#6328 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Nice voting, but I echo the thoughts that Journey winning more than 1 category might screw up potential sales of other things. And I'll totally vote for Stardust Delta for best Vita game because people are asking, so...please vote Legend of Dragoon for classic game? :D

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)

Akiba's Trip (Vita)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: Let's Play Legend of Dragoon #2   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#6329 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Look at the comments and you can see that people will be voting for the same game across multiple categories. I was going to call them idiots but I guess they are doing what is intended so ah well.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6330 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Two out of three Vita games in the poll are in the IGC, lol. It's funny too, because Persona 4 Golden is by far the highest rated Vita game, but it's nowhere to be found because they likely don't want to discount it. In fact, the top three highest scored games are all left out of the poll (Rayman Origins and LBP being the other two).

The only vote I really care about is for best classic game. I'd love to get a discount on Persona 3 as I missed the Persona sale last fall (didn't have a Vita yet and my PS3 had stopped working).

Growlanser is pretty good, for those rooting for it to win...picked it up awhile back and have been playing it off and on. The battle system isn't as interesting as I had hoped (I was hoping for a straight-up SRPG battle system, honestly), but the story is pretty good and the ring/spellstone system is kinda cool. That said, since I already own it, I'll be rooting for Ragnarok Tactics.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.