Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6661 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Unless you figured out the pattern of who they sent them out to, I'm not sure why you assume that you should've gotten one.

Entitlement issues.

#6662 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

http://blog.us.plays...a-realm-reborn/

http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na

Square is taking beta applications for FFXIV, which mentions having a code that came with FFXIII giving you priority access. What is this code that it's talking about?

If you have a FINAL FANTASY XIII (PS3) Members code, please enter it here for a chance to receive priority access to the PS3 Beta.

#6663 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Square is taking beta applications for FFXIV, which mentions having a code that came with FFXIII giving you priority access. What is this code that it's talking about?

I assume the Square Enix one. Didn't know which of mine was which, so I think I signed up once with an XIII and an XIII-2 code

#6664 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

just called Sony about not getting the $10 coupon. for reference, i have multiple years of ps+ (had it for years, and a sub out to 2016), and buy psn games for both my ps3 and vita.

got the total run around. i actually wasn't that annoyed before, and mainly called 'just to see', but now i'm actually a little pissed off. my own fault, though, shouldn't have expected them to do something about it.

oh, and if you don't have it by now, you're not getting it. was told they were all already sent out.

You seriously called? What a whiner.

#6665 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

I have a friend who just got a PS3 at Xmas. She received a $5 code instead of $10 and told me $5 is better than nothing. She hasn't made a single purchase yet.

#6666 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Just wondering, you know how they are doing the best games of 2013 on PS Store, when they announce the winners for each category. When are the games going to be up for sale?

#6667 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

I assume the Square Enix one. Didn't know which of mine was which, so I think I signed up once with an XIII and an XIII-2 code

Thanks Frisky, applied for the beta.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6668 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Just wondering, you know how they are doing the best games of 2013 on PS Store, when they announce the winners for each category. When are the games going to be up for sale?

feb 26

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6669 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

You seriously called? What a whiner.

Yeah how dare people get even slightly upset when they don't get a free 10 dollar credit. All while the real loyal fans who just bought a PS3 last black friday get 10 dollars in credit.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#6670 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Geez...bitching over $10? That's the average hourly wage in this country.

#6671 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Unless you have every item up for the GOTY sale that we are voting on, might as well wait till next week and use your $10 credit on that.

But the message says the $10 promo expires 3/5.
Posted Image

#6672 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

But the message says the $10 promo expires 3/5.

I think the code expires then. Once you've redeemed the code, I think you keep the balance in your wallet.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($9)

#6673 TEC

TEC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Why the hell didn't I get the $10? I've been a loyal fan since PS1 and a PS3 owner since 2007. I'm so confused. What's the requirements for the $10? It's definitely not loyalty that's for sure, because I feel ripped off to some level.

#6674 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Why the hell didn't I get the $10? I've been a loyal fan since PS1 and a PS3 owner since 2007. I'm so confused. What's the requirements for the $10? It's definitely not loyalty that's for sure, because I feel ripped off to some level.

I don't think there are any requirements. My friend got a $5 code while I got a $10 code. I usually never get lucky on these types of promos. I guess its just the luck of the draw that your ID was picked and sent a code.

BumslieOG.png

#6675 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I don't think there are any requirements. My friend got a $5 code while I got a $10 code. I usually never get lucky on these types of promos. I guess its just the luck of the draw that your ID was picked and sent a code.

Don't think there is since Frisky didn't get one. I c'mon you would think of all people Frisky would get one too. (sorry about jinxing you frisky)

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6676 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I'm glad I waited to buy another PS Plus card to extend my subscription into 2015, now I'll just wait it out. I also didn't get the free $10 which sucks as I would have used that on something like Lords of Shadow DLC or maybe towards Okami HD or FF 3 on PSP.

In regards to recent stuff, on 360 the Yugioh game seems exactly the same as it originally was. Are there any differences on the PSN version?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#6677 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm glad I waited to buy another PS Plus card to extend my subscription into 2015, now I'll just wait it out. I also didn't get the free $10 which sucks as I would have used that on something like Lords of Shadow DLC or maybe towards Okami HD or FF 3 on PSP.

In regards to recent stuff, on 360 the Yugioh game seems exactly the same as it originally was. Are there any differences on the PSN version?

Theres like 1000+ new cards ingame now. And I think some new Rivals?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6678 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Well the original was just Decade Duels but this one and the xbox one has Plus at the end. Like Dwilla said, there are more dlc cards and I think more rule changes.

All I can say is that if you are not good at this card game, the beginning is really rough on you. I don't really get the rules but my first opponent summoned like 3 monsters every turn and just destroyed me.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6679 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

In regards to the $10 voucher, I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I did sign up for their RSVP link that was emailed to me a couple of days ago about the press conference announcing the PS4. Maybe they sent them out to people who did that? No idea

523546.png

#6680 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

In regards to the $10 voucher, I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I did sign up for their RSVP link that was emailed to me a couple of days ago about the press conference announcing the PS4. Maybe they sent them out to people who did that? No idea

I never signed up for that so I don't think that matters. Sucks a lot of people that deserved the codes didn't get one. People that deserve the code to me are people who buy from the PSN on a regular basis. I don't think there are any requirements to get the credit. Its just the luck of getting the message.

BumslieOG.png

#6681 io

io

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

No. I have no idea what you are talking about and I got the $10 ;). We have 4 or 5 accounts on our system (some for my kids plus a random one my son made to play online games). Only my main PS+ account got the credit. It seems at a minimum it was PS+ members at least, right? Though if not all PS+ members got it that really sucks (especially if some non-PS+ people got it).

I just like to think of it as a rebate for buying Unfinished Swan at full price only to have that $3.75 sale for PS+ recently. It is Sony hooking me up for that ;).

#6682 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

No. I have no idea what you are talking about and I got the $10 ;). We have 4 or 5 accounts on our system (some for my kids plus a random one my son made to play online games). Only my main PS+ account got the credit. It seems at a minimum it was PS+ members at least, right? Though if not all PS+ members got it that really sucks (especially if some non-PS+ people got it).

I just like to think of it as a rebate for buying Unfinished Swan at full price only to have that $3.75 sale for PS+ recently. It is Sony hooking me up for that ;).

No people who did not have plus and never had it got the code.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6683 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Well then I guess it was just random. For the amount of PSN titles I have bought I am glad I got one but it does suck that it was random versus based off of purchase history, being plus, or something like that. Still a nice gesture all in all regardless

523546.png

#6684 io

io

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

No people who did not have plus and never had it got the code.

Well, now, that sucks. But they must have at least bought stuff on PSN, right?

#6685 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

I didn't ask them but I'd expect so. I mean it wouldn't really make sense for someone with no PS+ and doesn't spend money on PSN to get a "loyal customer reward".

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6686 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Some reported they spent $5 over the last year got the code. I have been + all this time until next time, spent $45 last month, and no code :(

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6687 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Unless you figured out the pattern of who they sent them out to, I'm not sure why you assume that you should've gotten one.

I didn't assume. I was curious what they'd say, so I asked them directly.

Entitlement issues.

no, i don't 'expect' one. i was curious as to what they say. would i have taken $10 of digital cash? sure. but i was more curious how they'd treat an established customer that spends a lot of money and was motivated enough to call them.

#6688 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

no, i don't 'expect' one. i was curious as to what they say. would i have taken $10 of digital cash? sure. but i was more curious how they'd treat an established customer that spends a lot of money and was motivated enough to call them.

You wanted to guilt them into giving you free money? You said you got pissed because they didn't give you money, so it sounds like you expected it rather than it only being about curiosity.

#6689 io

io

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Firsky, is it true you didn't get one? If anyone is entitled, it should be you - what with all the work you do which can only benefit Sony and PSN in particular via this thread (and others). Sheesh...

#6690 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

It's talking about the Square Enix members code.

Every Square Enix game comes with a members code, to register the game online. If you do register them online it's like Nintendo Club with rewards. The FFXIII code in particular gave you an in-game FFXIV item (faster running boots) if you registered FFXIII + linked a FFXIV account, though that offer is probably dead with 1.0 dead.