Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6691 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

I'm pretty sure that their user database has no information on what any of their users do beyond purchase stuff on Sony's services. I don't really care about it anyway. I've got better things to do than worry about a $10 credit that was sent out to random people.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#6692 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Why is the $10 code still up for speculation? It's:
Hey analyst get me a spreadsheet of all PSN users, assign a random number, sort, now select this number for promo codes. Done.

Sorting is unnecessary. Use random number to index the existing array, label visited, repeat.
Sorting millions of entries is very expensive.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6693 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

You wanted to guilt them into giving you free money? You said you got pissed because they didn't give you money, so it sounds like you expected it rather than it only being about curiosity.

um. no, i didn't want to 'guilt' them. you can't guilt a billion dollar company over $10 anyway. i asked two questions -- are the emails still being sent out? No. And a followup was a very kindly worded 'How do you define loyal, then?' asked in a non-confrontational way (more of a 'what was required to get one?'). At no point did I ask for $10, because frankly, I don't need $10.

If they never worded it as being for 'loyal' customers i'd never have called in the first place. I don't care if they randomly give out $100 psn cards or free PS4s. But if that $10 credit goes to enough people that it makes all the blogs, and they label it as being for 'loyal' customers, it's silly not to expect backlash from loyal customers who didn't get it. If it was to random people, say that. "You've been selected to receive..." gets the same point across.

I wasn't even trying to create a debate about it. I called them to find out if the emails were still going out, reported back to the people here that might be still waiting, mentioned the guy was jerky, and now am being called 'entitled'. Screw that, they're the ones who offended customers, I just asked about it.

#6694 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I didn't assume. I was curious what they'd say, so I asked them directly.

no, i don't 'expect' one. i was curious as to what they say. would i have taken $10 of digital cash? sure. but i was more curious how they'd treat an established customer that spends a lot of money and was motivated enough to call them.

Motivated to call? You're right, they should've given you $100!

#6695 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Hey analyst get me a spreadsheet of all PSN users, assign a random number, sort, now select this number for promo codes. Done.

Other than your inefficient method, I agree that we should just let it go now.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6696 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Because people want to know how Sony defines loyalty...

It could be something simple, like having an account since 2009.
It could be owning PlayStation Plus.
It could be buying a Vita.
It could be spending $500 dollars on the PSN.
It could be buying PlayStation Move Heroes and still buy games.

Who knows, but if I thought I was loyal to Sony and didn't get one, I would sure wonder why. Obviously we could all be more loyal (even people like Hakoom), but it's just good to know how they view loyalty.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6697 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Well one thing that isn't random and affected people with purchases was the games appearing free for PS+ users and shit.

Anyway they will get the refund plus Morgan Haro said on twitter that they will keep the games, so free SWAG.

One lesson you should retain from this, should you see free games on US to download for free while the store is updating and you have moneyz in your cart, grab the games you will be recompensated, stayin with the gamez and the moneyz.

On another note Chad Warden is back.

:error:
Spoiler

#6698 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Just checked PSN - I got the $10 credit on my main account, and a $5 credit on the gameshare account I share with my best friend. Whoohoo!
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#6699 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Urban Trial PS+ Sale? I don't see it on the list of items for 2/19 :-?

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#6700 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yeah how dare people get even slightly upset when they don't get a free 10 dollar credit. All while the real loyal fans who just bought a PS3 last black friday get 10 dollars in credit.

Posted Image

#6701 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

EU PS+ March update :

Spoiler

#6702 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

EU PS+ March update :

Spoiler

Fuck:hot:
Posted Image

#6703 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Holy crap. That is incredible. I love PS+.

Leaving are Sleeping Dogs, Vanquish, Limbo, Wipeout 2048, and Lumines Electronic Symphony. Sleeping Dogs was only up for a month, and Mass Effect 3 will likewise only be up for a month.

#6704 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

This can't be true!

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6705 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

EU PS+ March update :

Spoiler

Holy Fuck!:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#6706 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'm definitely buying a year of EU plus or at least 3 months. This is also bad as the whining of US plus not getting good games is going to be even louder.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6707 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Quick question, if my ps + runs out while i'm playing a game will it stop the game or let me play it until I quit the game.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#6708 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

With DoA5+ coming out, seems weird they'd offer the original for free. That'd be like if SSF4 was coming out, so they decided to release the original SF4 on PS+.

Thought MGS HD & Joe Danger 2 (got the XBLA one from Raptr, so fun) is pretty cool.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6709 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hmm...that's not too bad, but I won't be using my last EU 30 day trial on it. I mean, ME3 has already been $5 and DOA5 is a fighting game, which most people seem to hate. And keep in mind that the MGS HD Collection is almost certainly the Vita one, not the PS3 one.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6710 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Wow that's not too bad. I mean, ME3 has already been $5 and DOA5 is a fighting game, which most people seem to hate. And keep in mind that the MGS HD Collection is almost certainly the Vita one, not the PS3 one.

yes , you are right regarding MGS

but where did u see ME3 for $5 ?

#6711 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I love my US PS Plus (and understand the simple reality of how international licensing agreements work), but this is the first month where the EU PS Plus stuff has made me jealous. Both Mass Effect 3 and DoA5 are excellent (and only 5 months old in the latter's case) and the MGS HD Collection is a really well executed re-release.

#6712 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Fuckin a man, mgs vita would be great. I bet here in the states we get like that pool game or modnation racers or some crap.

#6713 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hate to jump on what seems to be a monthly wagon, but this is depressing. Can we just agree to stop acknowledging EU PS+'s existence?

@the person inquiring about ME3, it was $10 at BBY with Gamer Magazine Coupon. Perhaps with reward points he got it even lower for $5.

#6714 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

^Sorry, thought it was $5.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6715 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hate to jump on what seems to be a monthly wagon, but this is depressing. Can we just agree to stop acknowledging EU PS+'s existence?

@the person inquiring about ME3, it was $10 at BBY with Gamer Magazine Coupon. Perhaps with reward points he got it even lower for $5.

I agree, those games are all just awesome. So jealous right now

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#6716 Datajack

Datajack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Certainly decent enough to consider trying to setup a EU profile on a US console and grab PS+ for a year. Maybe get some nice double plat stacking too.

#6717 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

With DoA5+ coming out, seems weird they'd offer the original for free. That'd be like if SSF4 was coming out, so they decided to release the original SF4 on PS+.

Thought MGS HD & Joe Danger 2 (got the XBLA one from Raptr, so fun) is pretty cool.

DOA5+ is a Vita game. The DLC for both versions are cross-buy, so if they give the original game for free, that could encourage users to buy some DLC, which coincidentally works with the new version you should buy.

Hmm...that's not too bad, but I won't be using my last EU 30 day trial on it. I mean, ME3 has already been $5 and DOA5 is a fighting game, which most people seem to hate. And keep in mind that the MGS HD Collection is almost certainly the Vita one, not the PS3 one.

Unless there was another recent EU 30-day trial, doesn't it expire on March 1st? The one that was for France.

#6718 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I think the code expires then. Once you've redeemed the code, I think you keep the balance in your wallet.

Could someone please confirm this. I may redeem the code and keep my $10 for later but I don't want to lose it if it really expires on 3/5.
Frisky any idea how this expiration thing works on the PSN?
Posted Image

#6719 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Quick question for you - if you got multiple EU 30-day trial codes, can you apply them after your current PS+ subscription ends? As I understand you can't use the 30-day codes if you are currently a subscriber, but can I theoretically use one code each month after my subscription ends?

#6720 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Quick question for you - if you got multiple EU 30-day trial codes, can you apply them after your current PS+ subscription ends? As I understand you can't use the 30-day codes if you are currently a subscriber, but can I theoretically use one code each month after my subscription ends?

dont they expire march 1 ?

Could someone please confirm this. I may redeem the code and keep my $10 for later but I don't want to lose it if it really expires on 3/5.
Frisky any idea how this expiration thing works on the PSN?

redeem code and u are good

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif