Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6781 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Would love to get MGS Collection for PS+ here in the US. Dead or Alive 5 would be cool, too.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#6782 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

^I've only plays MGS1 and 2. I loved 1, and 2 left such a bad taste in my mouth I've put off playing 3 and 4 for a while. I've heard a lot of people say 3 is the best in the series, but I was just very unimpressed with 2's ending and completely nonsensical story.

my fav 1,4,2,3

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6783 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

^I've only plays MGS1 and 2. I loved 1, and 2 left such a bad taste in my mouth I've put off playing 3 and 4 for a while. I've heard a lot of people say 3 is the best in the series, but I was just very unimpressed with 2's ending and completely nonsensical story.

3's story has nothing to do with MGS2 since it takes place decades earlier with a new protagonist. Its story is more grounded, though it still has its weird bosses and lengthy story sequences.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#6784 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

I was liking 1 until Cyborg Ninja. At that point, I knew the game was just going to keep pulling this shit on me out of nowhere, so I stopped since I wasn't enjoying it too much anyways.

And yeah, the entire time I was playing 2's last boss, I couldn't help but think "Is this the worst final boss in a video game ever?"

fekhvr.jpg

#6785 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

We've definitely received more than 1 good game this month here in the US.

your good may not be his good. his bad may not be your bad. in general, EU is definitely getting more good and recent titles.

#6786 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I atleast hope we get MGS Collection.

#6787 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

your good may not be his good. his bad may not be your bad. in general, EU is definitely getting more good and recent titles.

I know, that's why I said it. I'm getting tired of people saying EU gets more "good" games than US does without explaining how they are determining what a "good" game is. Metacritic score? Price? Months since release? Game length? Popularity of genre?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6788 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

3's story has nothing to do with MGS2 since it takes place decades earlier with a new protagonist. Its story is more grounded, though it still has its weird bosses and lengthy story sequences.

This is what made 3 stand out for me. I played 1 and enjoyed it for what it was back in the day. Hated 2, and fell completely in love with 3. So much so I had to go back and finish 2 when I'd finished. 3 is an old story (Cold War) told with a new perspective starring memorable characters. It's still to this day my favorite story in any game. Having played the first 2 will help understand the loose strings it's trying to wrap up but isn't necessary at all (unlike 4).

#6789 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I just wish weapons were automatically equipped in your arsenal in 3 when you picked them up.

fekhvr.jpg

#6790 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

If that's really a concern for you (that a game might show up free at some point in the future in PS+) wouldn't it just mean that you probably don't want to play it all that bad and you're better off not buying it regardless? If anything they've accidentally introduced a program that enforces a modicum of self-restraint.

Sounds like someone is Brokenhearted en't it. Tidy! We need someone to cast Give Heart...

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#6791 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

This is what made 3 stand out for me. I played 1 and enjoyed it for what it was back in the day. Hated 2, and fell completely in love with 3. So much so I had to go back and finish 2 when I'd finished. 3 is an old story (Cold War) told with a new perspective starring memorable characters. It's still to this day my favorite story in any game. Having played the first 2 will help understand the loose strings it's trying to wrap up but isn't necessary at all (unlike 4).

bingo!

#6792 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Sounds like someone is Brokenhearted en't it. Tidy! We need someone to cast Give Heart...

Are you volunteering to have Take Heart cast on you? Cause cheer is pretty limited on the net.

#6793 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Does anyone know how much Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires is going to cost?

#6794 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

R&C FFA is a good way to spend the $10 free PSN credit. After playing it for a few hours I recommend it.

#6795 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Urban trial is a lot of fun, def recommended for the price

#6796 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Urban trial is a lot of fun, def recommended for the price

Have you played trials on the Xbox? I found it hard to recommend after playing both of those. It is fun though, just not as polished as the trials games.

#6797 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

psn store has a update version 1.03 26mb

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

#6798 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

psn store has a update version 1.03 26mb

What did it do? I still got booted out of the PSN store and could not load it back up, both yesterday and today after patch. I was trying to download stuff from my download list.

#6799 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

What did it do? I still got booted out of the PSN store and could not load it back up, both yesterday and today after patch. I was trying to download stuff from my download list.

It let me log in the store to buy stuff.

rpg49ers.png

#6800 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

Would you guys recommend playing Retro City Rampage on PS3 or Vita?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6801 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

Would you guys recommend playing Retro City Rampage on PS3 or Vita?

Definitely vita- it's a quick pick up and play game and it looks identical on vita

Plus the sprites are so small unless you have a huge tv it's hard to see

Either way I'm glad it was free, definitely not as good as the nostalgia makes it look like

#6802 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

^I haven't played it on Vita, there's nothing special about playing it on PS3. I'm sure either would be fine. I agree, it's not great.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6803 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Definitely vita- it's a quick pick up and play game and it looks identical on vita

Plus the sprites are so small unless you have a huge tv it's hard to see

Either way I'm glad it was free, definitely not as good as the nostalgia makes it look like

Cool, thanks.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6804 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

I wouldn't recommend retro city rampage on any platform, but that's just me... :-#

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#6805 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

I got another Vita related question, if you transfer a downloaded PSN game from your PS3 to your Vita, does it have to be the same account? Say I downloaded Dokuro on my PS3 under my gettinmoney662 account. Could I then transfer it to any Vita or just to a Vita where I'm logged in under gettinmoney662?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6806 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

It has to be the same account.

#6807 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

It has to be the same account.

Shit, okay, thanks. That makes sense.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6808 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

http://blog.gamer20....23-at-2-pm-est/

I'll be doing a livestream at 2 PM EST later today of three of the games that are currently on sale for PS+ members at the moment in Urban Trial Freestyle, Big Sky Infinity, and Knytt Underground, so you should check it out if you want to see those in action to see if you should get them.

#6809 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

My livestream with Urban Trial Freestyle, Big Sky Infinity, and Knytt Underground is about to start:

Edit: The stream is now over, though I'll be uploading the individual chunks for each game on Youtube if you want to just watch one of the three games.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 23 February 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#6810 Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige

For Answer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

My livestream with Urban Trial Freestyle, Big Sky Infinity, and Knytt Underground is about to start:

Edit: The stream is now over, though I'll be uploading the individual chunks for each game on Youtube if you want to just watch one of the three games.

I missed the streaming of the first two games but Big Sky Infinity piqued my interest as it kind of reminds me of bullet hell type games so I'll have to check out the video for that game while it is still on sale. I had originally hoped it would go free