Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#661 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

WHAT?!?! A Sound Shapes Add-On? Don't even care what it is, count me in.

#662 captaintek3304

captaintek3304

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

I think I'm actually going to get the Uncharted card game. $5 and could be fun.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- Witch and the Hundred Knight: $25 shipped! (Available until 4/24/14)

#663 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Just looked up DJ Max Technika Tune. Oh man, I want it bad. Totally picking that up. Hope Sound Shapes goes on sale soon.

GA3XcNi.png?2?7311

#664 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

that's kind of a joke that rage gets dlc. i bet it will cost more than lots paid for the retail game.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#665 rpg

rpg

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

that's kind of a joke that rage gets dlc. i bet it will cost more than lots paid for the retail game.

Yeah it sucks for me cause i sold it while back thinking no future dlc was possible.:cry:

Maybe free dlc?

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Blackgate Ps3 (2/4 playthroughs)

#666 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

What do they mean by EA Sports Bundles? Thanks Frisky.

#667 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

Nice to see some more PS1 Imports coming.

#668 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

I've played a bit of Cash Guns Chaos and it's alright for the price. It's clearly aping Smash TV by putting the action in the guise of a TV show where you shoot at enemies coming at you, collecting the money and prizes that they drop, and moving from room to room. The controls are alright, as the shooting controls seem to be closer to eight-way shooting since you can also just use the face buttons if you like. I don't like the hit detection for enemies coming at you, so I never got comfortable with how close I could get to enemies without taking a hit. There seems to be a decent amount of content in there with three episodes of five areas each, which have at least a few stages in them.

As a reminder, this is a launch-era PSN game, so it was made in the time when PSN/XBLA games were designed to be cheaply-made time wasters like classic arcade games. It doesn't look very good, the options and leaderboards are limited, and there are no trophies. For $0.75, it was worth it for me to be able to do a video for you guys and finally play this old-ass game for myself. Though I could easily name 6-12 better dual-stick shooters on PSN that would be a better way to spend your time, this is the kind of game you'd just throw into your cart as fodder with other stuff you were looking forward to playing, if that makes any sense to you guys.

The videos uploading to Youtube now, so it should be done by the morning. You can go here to check for it.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 30 November 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#669 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

What do they mean by EA Sports Bundles? Thanks Frisky.

Probably EA Sports games bundled with DLC. There was no specificity beyond "EA Sports Bundles".

#670 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Sweet, new imports. Here's what I was able to dig up on them:

Finger Flashing - a weird rock-paper-scissors game:
http://www.youtube.c...a6266014#t=133s

Lup Salad - a puzzle platformer:

Makeruna Makendou 2 - a PS1 port of an SNES fighting game?:

Zanac X Zanac - a space shooter

Vehicle Cavalier - looks something like Armored Core
http://www.mondemul....SX-NTSC-JAP.jpg

Josh1billion.png

Check out my free Android puzzle game, Super Blackout.  90 levels + random level generator + level editor.

#671 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

DJ Max Technika Tune is coming out?

Woo... are there any reviews(personal experiences) out for the game? I'm interested but I don't know how well the platform accommodates the gameplay.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#672 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

So stoked to finally see Mass Effect coming out on PS3!

#673 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

the memory card prices have nothing to do with the system sales. i'm sure if they did a $20 32gb sale people would buy them, and just hold them til a price drop happened on the system. much like people are doing with the games now. it's a stupid argument in the first place. people wouldn't be content even if it took sd memory, cause then they would think it should have Xgb internal storage. unless sony cut prices by 95% people are still going to find a price to complain about.

the system isn't selling cause there are not enough must have games, and there are not enough must have games cause developers aren't on board with the system. pure speculation, developers aren't on board with the system cause of the piracy issue with the psp.

First off.... it SHOULD have internal storage. I should be able to push my profile and game saves onto the internal memory and then load up a new memory stick and have them transfer back onto it. Next, it doesn't hurt system sales. You're right. What it DOES hurt is digital sales. They should be pushing this day 1 download model out the door! So many (less thrifty) people are eating it up on both steam and PS3. There's no reason that the PSV shouldn't share in that.

Lastly, the PSV's hackablity has nothing to do with the type of memory used and EVERYTHING to do with how the OS interprets information. With enough time will hackers be able to root PSVs? yes. Will people be able to download pirated versions of games? Yes. The only difference is that Hackers will be able to charge more because it's more expensive to hack Proprietary hardware. I give it at most a year before we start seeing rooted Vitas using file transfer programs to get games off your pc onto the vita memory. I see it being done mostly because Sony put out the challenge by using security as an excuse to charge more.

#674 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

DJ Max Technika Tune is coming out?

Woo... are there any reviews(personal experiences) out for the game? I'm interested but I don't know how well the platform accommodates the gameplay.

Hell yeah maybe they will finally mail out the limited editions. I've been patient and the game looks really fun. I bet it will take lots of practice to get good DJ Max Technika Tune.

I hope the limited editions come autographed like Portable 3.

#675 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

wonder how much the Jak Collection would be. now i start wondering if it was worth collecting all those HD collection in physical form.

by the way, would the vita instant game collections be rotated anytime soon? won't be able to touch my vita till next week probably... :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#676 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

I didn't know Vanguard Bandits was on PSN :O I freaking love that game!!! I finished the last fight, but I remember not having the second disk, or was it only one lol. Btw does anybody have NFS for the vita, do you guys recommend?

#677 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

I didn't know Vanguard Bandits was on PSN :O I freaking love that game!!! I finished the last fight, but I remember not having the second disk, or was it only one lol. Btw does anybody have NFS for the vita, do you guys recommend?

One disc and the other was space for the lunar 2 demo I think. Some demo at least.

#678 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

So stoked to finally see Mass Effect coming out on PS3!

YEP, me too. Especially if it runs on an improved engine. *one can hope* :bouncy:

#679 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

YEP, me too. Especially if it runs on an improved engine. *one can hope* :bouncy:

I just hope they fix the damn loading times <_<. Sitting on all those damn elevators got pretty annoying fast
Posted ImagePosted Image

#680 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hmm, Jak & Daxter collection may be worth looking into, depending on what price it is actually dropped to.

#681 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

The armchair analysts in here should put down the pipe and monacle for a moment. Vita memory cards are not just their margin of profit for a console sold at a loss, they are to protect the system from piracy.

The vast majority of PSP owners in Europe and a pretty sizable chunk in NA did not pay for a single game on PSP. I know its fun to cry about stuff like this but at least put 10 seconds of thought into it.

:applause:

hell, how easy was it to simply put a pro duo in the comp then

1. click iso, copy
2. paste into pro duo.
3.profit

#682 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Question: If I connect my old black Vita (with an 8GB memory card inside containing all my save data) to both my PC and PS3 console and do the following:

1) Copy all Applications.
2) Create Backup Files.

Am I ready to remove the 8GB card from the black Vita, reformat the black Vita, start up the white Vita I got from the AC:L bundle, insert the 8GB card into the white Vita, and proceed to copy the black Vita's data onto the white one using the PC and/or PS3?

Oddly enough, when I copied the Applications to my PC, the Vita displayed the information for every game's except Virtue's Last Reward--does that mean I didn't copy its relevant data?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#683 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

wonder how much the Jak Collection would be. now i start wondering if it was worth collecting all those HD collection in physical form.

by the way, would the vita instant game collections be rotated anytime soon? won't be able to touch my vita till next week probably... :/

The retail version got a price drop to $19.99, didn't it? I assume the digital version will be getting that price drop as well. As for each game, my guess would be $9.99, just because I don't see them trying to price games at $6.66 on the store. Maybe $6.99 or $7.99, but my guess is $9.99.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#684 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Question: If I connect my old black Vita (with an 8GB memory card inside containing all my save data) to both my PC and PS3 console and do the following:

2) Create Backup Files.

Am I ready to remove the 8GB card from the black Vita, reformat the black Vita, start up the white Vita I got from the AC:L bundle, insert the 8GB card into the white Vita, and proceed to copy the black Vita's data onto the white one using the PC and/or PS3?

Oddly enough, when I copied the Applications to my PC, the Vita displayed the information for every game's except Virtue's Last Reward--does that mean I didn't copy its relevant data?

You can just take your 8gb card out of the black one and put it in to the white one (just go through initial setup and firmware update on the white one before inserting the memory card). Doing a backup doesn't hurt, but I've swapped units 3 times and haven't had to restore from backup yet. After you're setup on the white vita just go the black one, deactivate it in the PSN settings, and choose Format -> Reset Vita or whatever the option is.

#685 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

p.s. Don't have time to make a pretty thread, but Amazon has Uncharted GA and LBP Vita on sale for $20 after 'coupon'. Borrowed from this SD thread:
http://slickdeals.ne...u1#post55519470

#686 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Zanac X Zanac?!!!! Is this real life?!?

#687 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

2) Create Backup Files.

I'm gonna echo Frisky and encourage people to post these questions in the Vita thread. PSN thread is for discussing what's in the PSN store.

#688 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Zanac X Zanac?!!!! Is this real life?!?

Wait, in the store? right now?

#689 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Wait, in the store? right now?

With the 12/4 update
Posted Image

#690 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I found it to be a disappointing and shallow racing game due to it leaning more heavily on the arcade aspect of its roots, though I have no prior experience with the series to know how it compares in that way. The native Move support is terrible.

Thanks, Frisky. Think I'll pass.
Posted Image