Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6901 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

The whole US vs EU debate always makes me chuckle because a lot of Americans are complaining about shit that Europe gets but how many times does a game get released many months in the US before it does in Europe?

I think we should be thankful for the deals we DO get on Plus, because for the first several years of owning my PS3 it was a dust-collecting blu-ray player.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#6902 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

The whole US vs EU debate always makes me chuckle because a lot of Americans are complaining about shit that Europe gets but how many times does a game get released many months in the US before it does in Europe?

I think we should be thankful for the deals we DO get on Plus, because for the first several years of owning my PS3 it was a dust-collecting blu-ray player.

From what I've seen from other EU users, EU people complain almost as much as the US does about how their service sucks compared to ours.

The real problem is gamers. Gamers complain about everything and if something they're complaining about gets fixed, they aren't satisfied, they just find something else to complain about.

If I was Morgan, I would probably respond less than he already does. Nothing he says will change anything.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6903 EnemyCanine

EnemyCanine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I have PS+ and I think it's a pretty good value for what it is... but I do still find the EU NA differences annoying. Someone can correct me if they feel differently, but I doubt anyone is wishing they had the NA one over EU.

#6904 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Could not disagree more. You're a consumer in a capitalist society, there is no thankful when it comes to products. If Nike shoes are missing something runners need, you don't say well at least we have shoes, no company B adds it to theirs and people who desire that adopt that product. If you don't like it, voice your concern and if ignored take your money and move on. If you stick around and complain and complain like a senseless idiot, you most likely are a frequent ps blog participant.

I don't know all the ins and outs of why US gets this and EU gets that, no one does, but we sure can speculate. I would love to know, subscription numbers, how a game is made free, who gets paid what, but until someone does that story we are in the dark.

Not quite sure exactly what you said because you talked about how people should "voice their concern" aka complain, and then you said people who complain are senseless idiots.

I wasn't really complaining, nor was I saying I didn't like PS Plus or my PS3. I am a very happy Sony customer. But I do stand by my original statement that we should be thankful for the deals we get on Plus because for a long time Sony fans had very little to look forward to on the PSN.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#6905 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Does anyone know of an email address I can use to contact PSN customer service? I can find their phone number and the forums, but email would work best. Thanks.

#6906 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

This wouldn't work for two major reasons.

One is simple logistics -- due to licensing issues, you'd have serious problems trying to orchestrate this. If one region can get access to some popular game, should they not get it because they can't get licensing worked out in, say, Europe?

The other is that you're forgetting different regions actually do have different gaming tastes. The US and Japan, for example, have distinctly different gaming habits. Forcing the same games on both regions would cause just as many problems, except people would be complaining about the need for getting different stuff rather than the need to get the same stuff.

This wouldn't work, yet US and EU USE to have roughly the same offerings every month prior to the IGC change at E3. So I fail to see why preIGC it would work, where as postIGC wouldn't.

---

As far as the complainers, you're hearing from a very vocal and every increasing minority. While I am thankful for what I get, PvZ is a lame offering no matter how you look at it and really shouldn't have been selected. I mean lets look at it...

The game is well over a year (2 years?) old.
PS3 version was free with plus a while ago.
It was a free app of the day on Amazon at least once.
Has been discounted several times on android and probably free at other points than an amazon offering.
The browser version is free to play.
For halloween they gave away PC / Mac voucher codes to give away to trick or treaters.
and my personal favorite... it's the free app of the week (still going till Wed / Thursday) on the iPhone / iPad, which would probably pick to play this game on over the Vita.

Thats way too many freebies / deals / sales / etc to be excited for yet another version of it to be free.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6907 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

FYI, I think today is the last day of the Urban Trials PS Plus discount. I grabbed it for the Vita last night since I really like the idea of that kind of game to jump into for a few minutes at a time. It does not disappoint. If you like the Xbox Trials game, it is a pretty blatant copy, but a good one. For those on the fence, grab it and you probably won't be disappointed (especially for $8).

That being said, if you didn't enjoy Trials on Xbox, this won't change your mind.

#6908 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Is it still cross-buy if you buy Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale on the Vita and not on the PS3?

Nope, PSASBR isn't, but I'm hoping that the PS3 version wins best retail game (or whatever the category it was in is called), and is ~$20 with PS+ discount.

I'd jump on PS3+Vita version for that price.

Also, anyone think Super Star Dust Delta will be even cheaper if it wins the best Vita game?

#6909 plvl

plvl

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

When will the winners be announced?

#6910 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Does anyone know of an email address I can use to contact PSN customer service? I can find their phone number and the forums, but email would work best. Thanks.

This is the email they kept replying to me when I was having some problem with their service, not sure if they are going to respond to it though:

playstation@mailmw.custhelp.com

Edit: put the wrong Sony address.
Posted Image

#6911 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Pumped about PvZ being free for PS+. I already have the game on virtually every other platform that exists, but it's the perfect game for Vita. The Vita anniversary sale is pretty sweet, as well. I'll likely pick up Hustle Kings, Super Stardust Delta, and possibly Escape Plan. This reminds me that I need to pick up another PSN card, especially if there are some good deals to be had on the Gamer's Choice side of things.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6912 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

When will the winners be announced?

The blog post said tomorrow.

#6913 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

This is the email they kept replying to me when I was having some problem with their service, not sure if they are going to respond to it though:

playstation@mailmw.custhelp.com

Edit: put the wrong Sony address.

Thanks, it's probably a long shot, but I might as well try.

#6914 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

Here is the full PS+ update for this week:

Hopefully you’ve been digging into some of the free PlayStation Plus content this month including Vanquish, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and indie-hit Closure. This week, we’re excited to bring the crowd-pleasing Plants Vs. Zombies on PS Vita to the Instant Game Collection.

In addition, there are some fantastic sales to jump on as well including the Gamers’ Choice Awards discounts (winners announced tomorrow) and the PS Vita Anniversary Sale celebrating PS Vita’s first year. Read on to learn more about these exceptional sales.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.

February 26th PlayStation Plus Update

Plants Vs. Zombies (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $10.49, Free for PS Plus members

Popcap’s irreverent take on the real time strategy genre is yours to play free on your PS Vita starting this week as a PS Plus member. At first glance, you may think it’s just another cute strategy game. Get your hands on it, and you’ll find an incredible amount of strategy that relies on everything from picking the right plants, determining their placement, and decisions while under fire from masses of zombies. The PS Vita version sports a ton of great features including co-op multiplayer, a ton of modes, and even some mini-games to keep you busy, making putting Plants vs. Zombies down an pleasantly tough proposition.

Retro/Grade (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $2.44

Retro/Grade Soundtrack

PSN Price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $1.74

The game that turned rhythm games upside down is now available at an irresistible price for PS Plus Members! Starting at the end of the game and working your way back to the sound of head-bobbing retro tunes, you’ll need to ensure the pilot makes it alive through his backward journey through time. With 10 dazzling ‘backwards’ worlds, epic boss fights, and a seriously fantastic soundtrack, it’s a deal that everyone should jump on. If you like the music, we also went ahead and put the soundtrack on sale as well! You can grab it for $1.74 on the PS Store as a PS Plus member.

Gamers’ Choice Awards Winners Discounts

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members

You voted, now you’re about to reap the rewards. This week the winners of the Gamers’ Choice Awards go on sale at various discounts across the board. Tune in to PlayStation.Blog tomorrow morning to find out which titles won as voting is still on as of today’s Plus Update and the race in some categories is pretty darn close. If you need a refresher on the nominees and still haven’t cast your vote, click here.

PS Vita Anniversary Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members

It’s been 1 year since the PS Vita launched and to celebrate, we’re placing a number of crazy good PS Vita titles on sale. Take a look at the full list. Though the sale is for all of PSN, Plus members, as usual, get extra discounts on top these already good deals. Take a look at the full list below.

Games
Escape Plan - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $25.19 PSN - $17.63 PS+
Hustle Kings PS Vita - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Little Deviants - $12.59 PSN - $8.81 PS+
MLB The Show 12 PS Vita - $12.59 PSN - $8.81 PS+
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition - $8.39 PSN - $5.87 PS+
PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale - $25.19 PSN - $17.63 PS+
Reality Fighters - $12.59 PSN - $8.81 PS+
Smart As - $18.89 PSN - $13.22 PS+
Sound Shapes - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Super Stardust Delta - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Unit 13 - $18.89 PSN - $13.22 PS+

You should leave your thoughts by dropping them below and as usual, I’ll do my best to respond to key questions and comments. We’ve also got the PS Plus section in the PlayStation Community Forums where you can continue chatting about PS Plus, or find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

I'm glad I bought PvZ before it was offered for free since I never got to pay for the PS3 version before I got it for free from PS+. PvZ offers a Platinum trophy for those wondering, which is why it's better than the PS3 version.

The Retro/Grade deal is crazy for such a good game. I'm surprised that Super Stardust is on the list of Vita games on sale since it's up for a Gamer's Choice Award, so maybe that means it's not going to win.

#6915 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

This wouldn't work, yet US and EU USE to have roughly the same offerings every month prior to the IGC change at E3. So I fail to see why preIGC it would work, where as postIGC wouldn't.

But... it wasn't the same before. And while it might have been 'more' similiar, there's also more going into the decisions now. It's not like they're trying to aggravate their base. Both are independently trying to get the most impressive offers they can get every month. Europe 'might' be winning, based on taste... but I've already plat'd games like Sleeping Dogs and ME3 so I'm actually glad I'm a US subscriber.

As far as the complainers, you're hearing from a very vocal and every increasing minority. While I am thankful for what I get, PvZ is a lame offering no matter how you look at it and really shouldn't have been selected. I mean lets look at it...

Has been discounted several times on android and probably free at other points than an amazon offering.
For halloween they gave away PC / Mac voucher codes to give away to trick or treaters.
and my personal favorite... it's the free app of the week (still going till Wed / Thursday) on the iPhone / iPad, which would probably pick to play this game on over the Vita.

Thats way too many freebies / deals / sales / etc to be excited for yet another version of it to be free.

This is ALL perspective.

Let me word it a different way, if it was never part of the IGC:

"OMG why IS PVZ still FULL PRICE on PSN when it's been FREE on every other device! PS+ SUCKS because they can't even get the same games cheap/free every other platform can!"

OR... howabout:

"I don't understand why we get games nobody wants for free. Why can't we get proven hits like PvZ?"

See, there's no real way for Sony to 'win'.

If they give us games nobody has, people want more 'popular' games. If they give us popular games, people complain because they already have them (since they were popular).

We pay $50 a year (or less, often) and people want that in value every month. It's an absurd way to look at it.

There will be weeks, or even months, you don't like. But that doesn't mean everyone has that issue. I like PvZ. I look forward to getting Vita trophies for it. Would I have preferred Super Stardust? Sure... but I don't mind grabbing that on sale for $5 this week.

For the first sixth months of PS+ i already had pretty much everything... but I understood that was going to be likely going in, and it still managed to be a good enough deal over a year to resub.

#6916 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Nope, PSASBR isn't, but I'm hoping that the PS3 version wins best retail game (or whatever the category it was in is called), and is ~$20 with PS+ discount.

I'd jump on PS3+Vita version for that price.

Also, anyone think Super Star Dust Delta will be even cheaper if it wins the best Vita game?

Not likely, it probably won't win anyway. (probably on the sale because it's far behind)

#6917 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

I have PS+ and I think it's a pretty good value for what it is... but I do still find the EU NA differences annoying. Someone can correct me if they feel differently, but I doubt anyone is wishing they had the NA one over EU.

I'm glad I have NA Plus over EU.

---

That's like saying we shouldn't get a sale on a game because it's already been on sale on XBLA or Steam.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6918 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Anyone who wants PvZ probably has it on at least two platforms by now. While it's explicitly better than nothing and I'll still tie it to my account, I'm far from excited.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#6919 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Not likely, it probably won't win anyway. (probably on the sale because it's far behind)

I voted for it.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6920 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Don't even talk about the shitty iPhone/iPod Touch/Android versions that offer a fraction of the content of the console/PC versions. Any comparison to those versions doesn't count because of the huge difference in quality.

Where is it free to play for the browser version? The only ones I've seen are demos that require $10-$15 for the full game, so that doesn't really count against it.

The Vita version is only a year old, it's better than the PS3 version with a Platinum trophy, and is still a great game that people should play. The only good versions of the game are on console and PC, so the only issues I see are from the PS3 version being offered for free and if you got the PC version for cheap/free. Though I've played through the game on five platforms now for a total of at least 15-20 times, which is still a ton of fun each time.

#6921 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Are either of these worth the sale price? I know both got poor reviews, but are they worth sub-$10 or just avoid altogether? I am wondering if the reviews were based on expectations and not the actual end result (especially for ModNation).

Little Deviants - $12.59 PSN - $8.81 PS+
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+

#6922 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Little Deviants has a demo, so you could try that. It's just a minigame collection of stuff to show off the Vita's various control options.

If you want a good kart racing game on Vita, Sonic is the best one out there. ModNation isn't as good as it should be.

#6923 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment confirmed to be $9.99.

Well, considering it's Atlus, it'll probably be $4.99 soon enough.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6924 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I voted for it.

As did I, no worry now since it's going on sale anyway. :)

#6925 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Little Deviants has a demo, so you could try that. It's just a minigame collection of stuff to show off the Vita's various control options.

If you want a good kart racing game on Vita, Sonic is the best one out there. ModNation isn't as good as it should be.

Thanks, I didn't think to check for a demo of Little Deviants. I wish there was a consistent demo for all digital items like Xbox Live (or at least a consistent criteria for when a demo is available).

#6926 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Would have liked book of memories to go on sale, i was under the impression that game didn't do all that well but the price is still too high. Also the mgs hd collection would have been cool.

A lot of those games on sale for the anniversary, vita owners who have had the system since the start probably own them, just because there weren't many offerings. But i guess they gotta save some stuff for later on.

#6927 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Anyone who wants PvZ probably has it on at least two platforms by now. While it's explicitly better than nothing and I'll still tie it to my account, I'm far from excited.

This is my problem with most of these choices... I'm sick of heavily discounted games or free games that we're getting again. Don't get me wrong. I prefer heavily discounted games that were fantastic to crappy games almost noone wanted anyway. PvZ is an almost 4 year old PC port... This isn't something we should be clambering for more of.

#6928 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Lol. I was hoping it would cost a bit less, but $10 is still a great price. I'm just glad they got one of the versions on the PSN. Better than nothing, really.

#6929 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Pretty lame. I like P2 just fine and think it's an overlooked classic, but they know darn well this should be at the $5.99 price point and not the premium $10 point like FFVII, Resident Evil, etc. If this game was so great it wouldn't have taken 7 years to see another one :)

#6930 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Pretty lame. I like P2 just fine and think it's an overlooked classic, but they know darn well this should be at the $5.99 price point and not the premium $10 point like FFVII, Resident Evil, etc. If this game was so great it wouldn't have taken 7 years to see another one :)

It's pretty good but has a really bad localization(iffy translation, cut content). Really shouldn't be $10 for a shoddy rerelease. Still much better than prices for the physical version on ebay/amazon/etc though.