Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6991 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

^Damn it, that makes 15 months of PS+ for $40 now, I don't think I'm going to be able to resist that, even with the uncertainty of what will happen with PS+ for PS4, and if it will still support PS3.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#6992 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

might have to buy a $10 psn card and use that deal.

#6993 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Also, what is the last day to buy PS Plus and get 3 months free? If I did it today, would I get the 3 months plus $10 back?

offer ends 3/4/13

https://store.sonyen...YEARPACKAGE0000

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6994 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

^Damn it, that makes 15 months of PS+ for $40 now, I don't think I'm going to be able to resist that, even with the uncertainty of what will happen with PS+ for PS4, and if it will still support PS3.

Almost. You're 1 penny short, so you're going to have to buy something else as well.

Crunchewy.png

#6995 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Get $10 back for every $50 that you spend on PSN in March

You get the $10 (or more) back in early April (preempting those who will inevitably complain when they buy $50 worth of stuff today).

Personally, I'd wait until the store fully updates this evening before buying anything. The store has been inconsistent, at best, and I wouldn't want to be stuck without the credit because I bought something a few hours early...

#6996 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

I was thinking that, too, but there is a huge question of whether buying a year of PS+ actually gets you $10 back. It only costs $49.99, so it seems likely Sony won't actually give you the $10 back. :(

Edit: Beat by crunchewy.

#6997 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Almost. You're 1 penny short, so you're going to have to buy something else as well.

I was thinking that, too, but there is a huge question of whether buying a year of PS+ actually gets you $10 back. It only costs $49.99, so it seems likely Sony won't actually give you the $10 back. :(

There's no possibly way I could go a whole month without buying at least one game from the PS Store. There's 2 Vita games going on sale this week that I'm going to get. So I'll be set. But yes, it is a good reminder for others that don't frequent the PS Store as much as I do.

#6998 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I'm not sure how Sony determines which games are released in what region, but I'll bet it has more to do with partnerships with publishers than surveying the wants of each region (though I'm sure there's a bit of that in there).

The point hadn't been that Sony surveys (or even cares), the point was that if every region got the same either Japan or the US would be upset because we have blatantly different gaming tastes as can be seen in pretty much every month's sales charts.

#6999 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Am I the only one interested in Unit 13 for the sale? Thought demo was pretty tight for dual stick shooter, probably the better one on vita.

It was on sale for a similar price a couple of months ago. I was tempted then and may go ahead and bite now.

#7000 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Am I the only one interested in Unit 13 for the sale? Thought demo was pretty tight for dual stick shooter, probably the better one on vita.

I played demos for Little Deviants, Unit 13, Escape Plan, Super Stardust, and (last week) Hustle Kings.

Super Stardust is a definite buy, but i already knew that from the PSN release.
I agree Unit 13 was a superb demo. Did not expect to like it, but did. Now i just have to decide on that price point. But yea, i liked it a lot too.

Little Deviants -- absolutely disappointing.

Escape Plan - curious... but only if the puzzles get harder, and i didn't get a feel for that in the demo. passing.

Hustle Kings - demo didn't give me enough gameplay. i went through the tutorial, then couldn't even play a whole game. seems like a solid pool game if you like those, though. maybe?

Sound Shapes is a solid game for those that don't have it. Beat that and enjoyed it. Also syncs for a double plat ps3/vita.

#7001 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm going to buy Smart as and renew to qualify.

#7002 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Any good cheap purchases for those without a Vita to get over $50 with PSN Plus renewal? PSP will work.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#7003 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Uncharted 3's multiplayer is now free to play
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7004 argyle

argyle

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

All I wanna know is how much will Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires cost. :\
Posted Image

#7005 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Anyone know the winners of gamers choice 2013?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7006 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

All I wanna know is how much will Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires cost. :\

No one knows for sure, $50 seems to be the top estimate. I'm hoping it'll be 40.

I'm guessing the winners haven't been announced yet since this thread is so far down on the main page.

#7007 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Anyone know the winners of gamers choice 2013?

They'll be revealed later today, most likely once PSN updated.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7008 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

So excite for it

#7009 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

No one knows for sure, $50 seems to be the top estimate. I'm hoping it'll be 40.

I'm guessing the winners haven't been announced yet since this thread is so far down on the main page.

Me too. But now I'm going to have to wait until March to buy it to get the PSN savings.

#7010 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

The point hadn't been that Sony surveys (or even cares), the point was that if every region got the same either Japan or the US would be upset because we have blatantly different gaming tastes as can be seen in pretty much every month's sales charts.

Ok. I guess my thought is that no matter what you release, no matter where you release it, there is going to be people who are happy about receiving that specific game, and people who aren't. I was just trying to express that the EU releases were more patterned after games that I actually want, as an individual.

#7011 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Me too. But now I'm going to have to wait until March to buy it to get the PSN savings.

the get 10 dollars back thing starts today actually when the store updates, so even if it came out today you'd be good.

#7012 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

the get 10 dollars back thing starts today actually when the store updates, so even if it came out today you'd be good.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

#7013 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I bought it when it was on sale for $12.94 in December. I've only played a few missions but it's pretty fun. I like the idea and the controls work real well.

#7014 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Well that sucks. Do you think it could vary on a game-to-game basis?

Hmm, I'm not sure. If nobody has an answer by the end of the week, feel free to PM me and I think I can test it personally, because I just bought the Japanese version of Ni No Kuni (will have it in-hand on Friday) and so I could try the free DLC on it. This is assuming Ni No Kuni has free DLC in Japan, but the U.S. is getting some, so I'm guessing so.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#7015 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

sony mods have confirmed on the blog that a 49.99 ps+ purchase WILL qualify for the $50/$10 credit.

quoting:
+ Pierre Gravereau on February 26th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:
$49.99 will cut it. No worries.

in response to someone asking.

#7016 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure. If nobody has an answer by the end of the week, feel free to PM me and I think I can test it personally, because I just bought the Japanese version of Ni No Kuni (will have it in-hand on Friday) and so I could try the free DLC on it. This is assuming Ni No Kuni has free DLC in Japan, but the U.S. is getting some, so I'm guessing so.

Will do, thanks for the help.

#7017 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

I don't remember exactly how this worked last time. Money in my wallet now will count if I don't spend it until the store updates, correct?

#7018 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

yup. should be that way.

#7019 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I don't remember exactly how this worked last time. Money in my wallet now will count if I don't spend it until the store updates, correct?

Money in your wallet means nothing until spent for these promos. So your good.

Some people will also ask this "will i get a $10 credit if I put $50 in my wallet"? The answer is NO. You have to buy something with that $50.

Diet soda is the worst.

Wrencrest.png

#7020 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Good because I already added funds with PSN cards(I always add them right away, worried about my codes turning up in random code generators) for the sales/releases this week. That would sting if it didn't count.