Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#7051 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Was hoping that Journey and Persona 3 to win, I guess is only Journey for me today.

#7052 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Nothing for me from the awards sale, but I guess the only thing I really wanted was Super Stardust and that's already getting a sale so no problem there. I was hoping AC3 would be cheaper.

Wooo, Walking Dead won, super stoked about that. I just hope having the first two episodes through Plus doesn't lock me out of the Season Pass.

The first time you mentioned you wanted Walking Dead to win I thought you were joking. I didn't think you were big on adventure games.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7053 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

i was seriously hoping for either of the other PSP games. Darn.

Completely baffled at how people ended up voting for what they voted for (ie, letting Journey win two categories).

At least the Vita sale covers Super Stardust for me, else I'd be sulking right now. Grabbing The Walking Dead... but really wanted to be grabbing more.

Because people weren't voting for what game they want to see go on sale but what game they thought should win the award.

The first time you mentioned you wanted Walking Dead to win I thought you were joking. I didn't think you were big on adventure games.

Generally I'm not, but I love The Walking Dead (both the comic and the show). Plus, this one has a platinum.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7054 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

PSN News:

http://blog.us.plays...s-today-on-psn/

Star Wars Pinball will be out today. The first pack of three tables is $9.99.

http://blog.us.plays...-to-play-today/

Uncharted 3's MP will be going free to play today. Here are the details:

Once you download the Free-to-Play game from the PS Store you can hop online and play for as long as you want, as much as you want, up to Level 15. Upon reaching Level 15, you’re welcome to continue to play as long as you want without paying a penny more. We’ll continue to track your earned experience points as you play, although you won’t be able to unlock or access them. However should you choose to unlock the level cap, we’ll retroactively apply those achievements to your profile and we’ll continue to allow you to build up your profile right from where the Level 15 cap stops you. Although if you choose not unlock the level cap or purchase anything you’ll be missing out on a slew of cool in-game items and downloadable content we have made for the game to date. Here’s a rundown of what you can unlock:

• UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Co-op Adventure Add On – Unlocks Co-Op Adventure mode including the Fort Adventure DLC
  • UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Co-op Arena Add On – Unlocks to gain access to the Co-Op Arena Playlist including the Co-Op Shade Survival Mode DLC for UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Free to Play
  • UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Competitive MP (No Level Limit) – Removes the level cap for UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Free to Play
  • UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Competitive MP (Level 25 Limit) – Removes the Level 15 cap and allows you to play UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Free to Play up to Level 25
  • UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Split Screen Add On – Unlocks Co-Op Adventure mode including the Fort Adventure DLC
  • UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer DLC Map Packs – Unlocks all three DLC map packs released for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception. Includes Flashback Map Pack 1, Flashback Map Pack 2, and Drake’s Deception Map Pack
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Single Player Experience – Uncover the Truth. Unlock the Single Player campaign

If you really enjoy UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Free to Play and are looking for the full UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception experience, the best deal is to pick up the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition from the in-game store, which also launches today for $39.99. This digital version of the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition includes all 12 DLC maps, all Co-Op multiplayer modes, and over 40 character skins. Purchase the digital version of the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year and essentially you’re getting the single-player game for free!

If you already own UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception and you are a long time multiplayer participant, we gave you some very special gifts as a way of saying thank you. Next time you log in online you’ll see a custom Naughty Dog Paw on your rank icon and you’ll receive the Naughty Dog Paw shirt for your custom characters.

Also, to celebrate the launch of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Free-to-Play we’re getting more colorful. Every character item and every character skin in multiplayer will now have more color options. These new color options are completely free.

During the coming months, more than 40 additional DLC items will be made available. Every DLC drop will have a theme and we’ll be unveiling that content here on PlayStation.Blog, over on the Naughty Dog Blog, and on our Free-to-Play webpage.

Patch 1.17 was also released recently. It includes some big changes you can read about over on the Naughty Dog Blog. For instance, we’ve added another tier to our Tournament. It’s the Platinum level and we have some very cool permanent Platinum level prizes for people who achieve this prestigious level.

http://blog.us.plays...every-50-spent/

An interesting cash back promo begins today:

Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.

We also have a number of brand new Day 1 Digital titles coming your way in March, and even better, they’re all available for pre-order starting tomorrow, February 26! Pre-ordering the titles gets you a free theme, and a number of the titles come with additional pre-order bonuses for PSN buyers.

Grabbing these titles is a great way to take advantage of this promotion, as every $50 you spend counts toward getting $10 increments back in April. See below for the full list of titles:

March 5th

MLB The Show 13

• Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/5 to get a free exclusive theme and an extra 120 million in Franchise Budget to jump start your team.

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
  • Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/5 to get a free exclusive theme

March 19th

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

• Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/19 to get a free exclusive theme

March 26th

Bioshock: Infinite

• Pre-order Bioshock Infinite or Bioshock Infinite+Season Pass from 2/26 to 3/26 to get a free exclusive theme, The Industrial Revolution Gear Pack for Bioshock Infinite, and receive the original Bioshock game as a bonus.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
  • Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/26 to get a free exclusive theme and receive the world-famous the Els Club DLC course as a bonus

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel
  • Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/26 to get a free exclusive theme and receive the Overkill Edition as a bonus
  • Overkill Edition content: Includes Exclusive Bonus Weapons (Day of the Dead, AK-47, Double-D Shotgun, TAH-9 handgun), Outfit/Mask Sets (Day of the Dead, Overkill and Polymer), Exclusive Overkillers Contracts (new missions designed for nonstop, frenetic co-op destruction)

We’ll be sending out your earned credit before April 12 via e-mail and XMB Message on your PS3! Let us know what you’ll be buying this March in the comments, and make sure to get all your purchases through April 1. Happy gaming!

So you could basically spend $50 on a 12 month PS+ sub, get the three extra months and $10 back to essentially make it $40.

http://us.playstatio...-choice-awards/

Here are the winners of the 2013 Gamer's Choice Awards and their sale prices:

Assassin's Creed III - $49.99 PSN - $34.99 PS+
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $7.49 PSN - $5.99 PS+
Gravity Rush - Vita - $24.99 PSN
Journey - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - $23.99 PSN - $21.59 PS+
Unchained Blades - PSP - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
Velocity - PS3/PSP/Vita - $3.49 PSN - $2.44 PS+
The Walking Dead - Season Pass (Episodes 1 - 5) - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7055 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I might get Walking Dead, but just to make different choices then I did when I played on Xbox.

Im gonna do the same as well and pick different choices. As for the VITA sale, screw Little Deviants I tried the demo and yea its horrible. I guess all im getting is Smart As.

512847.png

#7056 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Wow very disappointing...

No joke. I wanted the PS3 game to be Borderlands 2 or All-Stars.

#7057 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

need feedback on unchained blade. i know it's a crawler, i'm okay with that. i know it's complex, i'm okay with that. i know it's grindy, i'm even okay with that. but what about the basic controls/inventory management/stuff. is the little stuff tedious? like, i don't mind complex battle systems but i hate being stuck for an hour moving items around to, say, see what sword is best in a badly designed interface.

#7058 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

edit: Oh yeah it would have been nice is CS won the move category and Skull Girls for competitive.

This would have nice. I was rooting for Skull Girls. ._.

#7059 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

No joke. I wanted the PS3 game to be Borderlands 2 or All-Stars.

Borderlands is already $30 at a lot of places, even if they win I doubt it will be priced below $30.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7060 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Borderlands is already $30 at a lot of places, even if they win I doubt it will be priced below $30.

Yeah, I was operating on the logic it'd be half-off for Plus members instead of whatever percentage is off AC3. I would've picked it up just to have a digital copy I could've shared with my brothers.

#7061 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

They did customized discounts for each game, so there's no way to know how much the alternates could've been. ACIII is way below the typical 30%/50% discounts while GTA San Andreas is 50%/60%.

#7062 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

dammit, I really wanted Legend of Dragoon.

Me too but I knew it was a long shot going in so I'm not too disappointed.

Ah well. I suppose if you can't play Walking Dead on your PC, the PS3 version for that price will just have to do.

Note that it has common stutters and not nearly the ideal experience, though.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#7063 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

I wanted Tokyo Jungle, I already have TWD and Journey.

#7064 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Wow, the voting couldn't have turned out any worse for me personally than it did. I know it was titled "Gamers' Choice Awards", but even under that logic some of those choices are awful picks. We all expected as much, though.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#7065 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Journey - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
^This is a good deal? I remember there is a CE of sorts, is that dropping to $20 yet? (Always prefer physical unless there is huge price difference)

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7066 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Me too but I knew it was a long shot going in so I'm not too disappointed.

Ah well. I suppose if you can't play Walking Dead on your PC, the PS3 version for that price will just have to do.

Note that it has common stutters and not nearly the ideal experience, though.

Each version has issues, but the PS3 version is the only one that I haven't heard with save issues. Every scene transition features stuttering so that the audio starts playing before the video shows up, though that's the only major issue that I had.

#7067 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Just to make sure, the $10 back for every $50 spent starts now, right? I have a lot of money in my virtual wallet right now.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#7068 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Just to make sure, the $10 back for every $50 spent starts now, right? I have a lot of money in my virtual wallet right now.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-821418

The deal runs from Feb 26, 12:01 am (PST) through Mar 31, 11:59pm (PST). So you should be good to go if your purchase was today after 12:01am (PST).

#7069 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks Frisky. I wish Borderlands 2 won. Oh well, I'll guess I'll pick up a few psp games instead.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#7070 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm hoping that's a typo and is supposed to say "March 31st" instead of "March 1st".

#7071 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'm hoping that's a typo and is supposed to say "March 31st" instead of "March 1st".

I was hoping more for a typo that's supposed to say "Feb 25th" instead of "Feb 26th".

#7072 Fatalis Fafnir

Fatalis Fafnir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Even if you like the selection, the prices aren't that great except for The Walking Dead, which I'm sure many here already own.

#7073 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Fixed. The article says it ends on March 31.

#7074 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

I assume this means I can play The Fort in split screen as well, if so, win. Thank you Sony!

EDIT: Looks like I still have to purchase it :(

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7075 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Those award results are pretty mediocre, but about what I expected them to be. It was mostly just wishful thinking on my part. Guess I won't get Legend of Dragoon for a little while longer.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7076 Kanokare

Kanokare

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Aw :( Legend of Dragoon lost to the only GTA game I didn't like nor finish.

If you are new to GMG and want to receive 2 dollar credit after your first purchase of over 2 dollars, use this REFERRAL.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming - My Youtube channel :)

76561197990616966.png     uc.png

#7077 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-ps-vita-today/

MGS Peace Walker will be available to purchase directly on the Vita's PS Store with today's update, so now we just need a price drop/sale.

#7078 J7.

J7.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

For PS+ 12+3 + $10 Back, must order by 3/4/13
https://store.sonyen...YEARPACKAGE0000
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Purchase a PlayStation®Plus 1 Year Membership and get 3 additional bonus months! This special offer ends 3/4/13 so don't miss out.

#7079 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Oh shit. Walking Dead for $9.75? Coppin'! Thanks for the free money Sony!

Posted Image

#7080 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Is that One Piece game going to be on sale this week as well? I don't see it on the list in the OP but it still shows in the web store. I won't be home to be able to redeem a $50 PSN card I have for a couple hours yet.

Edit: Looked over the OP again and found it. On sale till 3/5 so I'm good. Wouldn't have bought it but with the rebate it's probably worth it assuming I can find a few more things to pick up with it. Already bought Noby Noby Boy and the Namco Museum Essentials as decent fillers.