Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#7201 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Everyone keeps mentioning that $10 psn credit email that Sony has sent out recently. I actually got it last night, but I only own a Vita. Is there any way of redeeming that $10 voucher without a PS3?

#7202 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

and gives me hope that some of the big fanboy characters (Crash, Spyro, Cloud/Sephiroth, Lara Croft, etc) might be on the way... You'd have thought they'd want to get this DLC out roughly the same week as Dead Space 3 though.

unless something changes, i heard Crash and Spyro were off the table. Activision said no, and they own the rights. I think the same thing happened with Croft.

#7203 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Everyone keeps mentioning that $10 psn credit email that Sony has sent out recently. I actually got it last night, but I only own a Vita. Is there any way of redeeming that $10 voucher without a PS3?

You can do it on the live screen of the vita for the PS store. There's a code redemption on the top of the page after you click on the icon.
Posted Image

#7204 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

You can do it on the live screen of the vita for the PS store. There's a code redemption on the top of the page after you click on the icon.

Sorry, I asked my question incorrectly. I know what to do once I have the code, but the email said I had to check my PSN messages on a PS3 to get the code. Is there any other way to get to that message?

#7205 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Best I can tell, Escape Plan is a 900 MB file with a 1.5 GB patch to install. That's insane. Don't they realize that space on the memory card is at a premium?

decker%2001.jpg

#7206 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sorry, I asked my question incorrectly. I know what to do once I have the code, but the email said I had to check my PSN messages on a PS3 to get the code. Is there any other way to get to that message?

Ah okay. And there's an app for messages. Have you checked in there? Sorry I misunderstood your question the first time around.
Posted Image

#7207 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Yes, there's a message icon on your Vita's home screen. Select that and you can retrieve any messages they sent you

decker%2001.jpg

#7208 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Its just a regular 12 character redemption code, should work on Vita or even the web store. PS3 automatically redeems it for you when you click on it though.

#7209 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Best I can tell, Escape Plan is a 900 MB file with a 1.5 GB patch to install. That's insane. Don't they realize that space on the memory card is at a premium?

My guess is they were likely thinking more about the size of game assets required to make the game they wanted to make at the quality they wanted to make it moreso than how much space you have left on your card.

The 32g may be a bit pricey, but it's certainly a very nice to have. I sold a couple backlog games to pay for it, and i'm glad i did.

#7210 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Call me oblivious, but I just noticed that the Vita Anniversary Sale will feature different deals each week until mid-march. I just wanted to mention it in case others missed it also. I'll probably spend $50 for the $10 bonus, but now I feel like I can wait for some (hopefully) more attractive offers. I'm hoping to see some sales on stuff that hasn't been on sale before like Oddworld or Rocketbirds.

#7211 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

unless something changes, i heard Crash and Spyro were off the table. Activision said no, and they own the rights. I think the same thing happened with Croft.

No idea re: Croft. I had heard something along those lines for Crash and Spyro with the basis being that they want Crash in the next Smash Bros (a reasonable goal) and didn't want to pollute the Skylanders cash cow but allowing anything from the series elsewhere. Who knows what ends up happening with the game out and with it being of (relatively) high quality - maybe it moves the needle some for Activision, maybe not.

A Resident Evil character might make sense (esp w/ the upcoming release of Revelations on PS3)...

#7212 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yes, there's a message icon on your Vita's home screen. Select that and you can retrieve any messages they sent you

Wow, I didn't realize we had to go there to check to see if we have any messages. I always assumed something would pop-up if I had one. I'll have to check to see if I have any when I get home from work. I've never hit the icon as far as I recall. Thanks for the info.

#7213 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Wow, I didn't realize we had to go there to check to see if we have any messages. I always assumed something would pop-up if I had one. I'll have to check to see if I have any when I get home from work. I've never hit the icon as far as I recall. Thanks for the info.

The notification in the upper right hand corner usually does mention when you have a new message.

#7214 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

I would kill for that $10 free
I have a launch 60GB, c'mon Sony!

fekhvr.jpg

#7215 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yes! Here:

https://account.qrio...ard-flow.action

#7216 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well, unless I'm missing something, I wasn't able to check my messages from my vita, and I wasn't aware I received the $10 voucher until I logged into my ps3.

#7217 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well, unless I'm missing something, I wasn't able to check my messages from my vita, and I wasn't aware I received the $10 voucher until I logged into my ps3.

There is an app for messages. Scroll down.

#7218 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

So for the free games it me download right away. I can't seem to add it to my cart and download later. Is that for everyone?

#7219 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

There is an app for messages. Scroll down.

Yeah, and I opened that app several times looking for the message, lol. Looking for all of my messages, really, and none were to be found. Only thing that shows up in my inbox on the vita are msgs I've received while actually on it. We are referring to the "group messaging" app, right? Is it my settings?

#7220 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

So for the free games it me download right away. I can't seem to add it to my cart and download later. Is that for everyone?

It used to be that you could add everything to cart and then checkout without having to download. Now you can only click "Download" and you'll have to cancel it if you don't want to download it right then. Quite a pain, and if there are any upcoming free avatars or themes, it'll be painful grabbing them.

#7221 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

For PS+ EU users.
God Of War I HD Free

It is hilarious the comparison between the positive comments the mods from Europe receive and the punish that poor Morgan guy gets at the US blog.
Posted Image

#7222 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

For PS+ EU users.
God Of War I HD Free

It is hilarious the comparison between the positive comments the mods from Europe receive and the punish that poor Morgan guy gets at the US blog.

And in the comments it alludes to more God of War sales coming next week... I would be a happy camper if Sony US released, say, God of War Collection or Saga as a short time PS Plus game to build buzz for Ascension. I've played games regularly for nearly 25 years and that whole series is a strange gap in my play history...

#7223 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Id like gow origins but only because im selfish. Most peeps who wanted it probably bought it already or saga.

#7224 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Torn on how I want to grab PSASBR, it takes up a lotta space digitally but it's a good deal, Would like both the PS3 and Vita versions but not for friggin' 40 bucks, they should have that additionally discounted for plus!

Really excited to see what else we get on sale for Vita, hope we can get a Silent Hill and MGSHD discount.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#7225 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

For PS+ EU users.
God Of War I HD Free

I said the same thing about comparing the blog comments a few days ago and a few people disagreed with me. Oh well...
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#7226 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Same here. I was kind of bummed until I got home and the message pop up on my PS3. :bouncy:

#7227 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

REALLY dumb question, but want to make sure. If I pick up the 12+3 PS+ deal (to double dip on the spend $50 get $10 back) it will just add time to my current PS+ time right?

I have a few bucks sitting around, and with Sony giving me $10 last week and offering back another $10 +3 extra months I'm looking to extend.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#7228 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

For PS+ EU users.
God Of War I HD Free

Very cool of them I think - I'm planning on skipping Ascension (I think I'm a bit violenced out and it sounds like this one will be hyper violent), but for someone like me maybe revisiting the first one would have changed my mind. Although I think I have GoW Saga sitting around somewhere so clearly I'm not that motivated to have my mind changed.

Edit: I hope they do the same thing for US if only to see if there's a hot hell of belligerent comments on our blog somehow.

REALLY dumb question, but want to make sure. If I pick up the 12+3 PS+ deal (to double dip on the spend $50 get $10 back) it will just add time to my current PS+ time right?

Exactly right.

#7229 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have a few bucks sitting around, and with Sony giving me $10 last week and offering back another $10 +3 extra months I'm looking to extend.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

yes. my sub goes out to 2016 or something like that.

#7230 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

My guess is they were likely thinking more about the size of game assets required to make the game they wanted to make at the quality they wanted to make it moreso than how much space you have left on your card.

The 32g may be a bit pricey, but it's certainly a very nice to have. I sold a couple backlog games to pay for it, and i'm glad i did.

Well, that's sort of the point though : If the game's assets are all contained within a 900 MB game file, why do we have a patch to download that's over 150% as large a file to add some music and a few extra levels? Same thing with PSASBR Vita, which required an 800 MB patch to add two DLC character and one more battle arena. I think it's safe to say that SCEA isn't being very economical with however they're updating their games and handling their DLC.

decker%2001.jpg