Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#7261 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

sony loves us and we love sony :grouphug:

+1

#7262 EnemyCanine

EnemyCanine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

It's not genuinely free, as it's an unlock key game and those turn into demos when your sub expires.

All of the other unlock keys on the SEN account site have expiration dates. These do not and they are definitely the full tables.

#7263 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

All of the other unlock keys on the SEN account site have expiration dates. These do not and they are definitely the full tables.

It being available to you is dependent on having ZP1 and MP on your account, which it is while you're a PS+ member. When your sub expires, the games are gone and it'll turn those tables into the demos.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-742330

For PS+ EU users.
God Of War I HD Free

It is hilarious the comparison between the positive comments the mods from Europe receive and the punish that poor Morgan guy gets at the US blog.

If it was offered for NA PS+, would it be called a terrible selection for being another shitty old game?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7264 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

It being available to you is dependent on having ZP1 and MP on your account, which it is while you're a PS+ member. When your sub expires, the games are gone and it'll turn those tables into the demos.

If it was offered for NA PS+, would it be called a terrible selection for being another shitty old game?

More like a game that everyone already has / has played at some point. However, I think plenty of people would be okay with it and some would be happy to finally go back to platinum it (as many didn't buy the HD version having played the PS2 version).

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7265 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

More like a game that everyone already has / has played at some point. However, I think plenty of people would be okay with it and some would be happy to finally go back to platinum it (as many didn't buy the HD version having played the PS2 version).

Yeah, that's the other thing that people use to respond to NA PS+ games. If you couldn't tell, that was a facetious/rhetorical question/comment on what I'd expect people to say if that were offered here.

Seriously, having only played the demo of 1 before playing through 3, Chains, and Ghost, trying to play through 1 is such a huge, jarring experience because so many things about that game were changed or overhauled in the sequels. Even simple things like press circle to open doors and chests broke my brain. It's weird that quite a few of PS2 series were like that (Sly, Ratchet, Jak and Daxter, and God of War).

#7266 EnemyCanine

EnemyCanine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

That blog post was from before the game was released. I'm sure that was the way it was supposed to work, but it doesn't look like it is. You may be right... but it would be the only content I have seen that works like that. I'll let you know in 15 months when my subscription lapses ;)

#7267 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Yeah, that's the other thing that people use to respond to NA PS+ games. If you couldn't tell, that was a facetious/rhetorical question/comment on what I'd expect people to say if that were offered here.

Seriously, having only played the demo of 1 before playing through 3, Chains, and Ghost, trying to play through 1 is such a huge, jarring experience because so many things about that game were changed or overhauled in the sequels. Even simple things like press circle to open doors and chests broke my brain. It's weird that quite a few of PS2 series were like that (Sly, Ratchet, Jak and Daxter, and God of War).

Was aware, just added my 2 cents, but added in the last part since I don't think US is always hateful / envious of EU. I recall Vanquish being a mostly positive (though annoyed that it took so long / EU got it well before us) reaction of a very cheap / old game.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7268 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

That blog post was from before the game was released. I'm sure that was the way it was supposed to work, but it doesn't look like it is. You may be right... but it would be the only content I have seen that works like that. I'll let you know in 15 months when my subscription lapses ;)

Yep. The logical fallacy is that the person that has Marvel/Zen Pinball on their PS+ sub likely won't let it lapse to see what happens anyway.

This would be the only unlock key game to break the trend I talked about if it were true. Even though it doesn't look like it, the pack you refer to is an unlock key for the demo of that pack, which never show an expiration date. It's weirdly layered since the ZP2 pack wasn't specifically offered for PS+, so it shows up like that in a weird way.

#7269 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Was aware, just added my 2 cents, but added in the last part since I don't think US is always hateful / envious of EU. I recall Vanquish being a mostly positive (though annoyed that it took so long / EU got it well before us) reaction of a very cheap / old game.

Yeah, that was the last time I've seen positive comments since the Vita PS+ launch.

#7270 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Will do, thanks for the help.

Turns out I can't test it after all, as there's no free DLC in the Japanese version, and the in-package DLC code expired in December.. damn! :/ So the question remains, but my guess would be that DLC is locked to user accounts of that region, versus varying on a game-by-game basis.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#7271 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Turns out I can't test it after all, as there's no free DLC in the Japanese version, and the in-package DLC code expired in December.. damn! :/ So the question remains, but my guess would be that DLC is locked to user accounts of that region, versus varying on a game-by-game basis.

After reading a series of your messages (too many to get this simple question), I have the answer!!! =P

Depending on how the DLC in question works, you can use it outside of your JP account. The only exception are "account locked" items, like Tournament Tickets for Uncharted 3. Another would be 100 yen Gomibako, since the plays remains on the account in question. There aren't many more examples and Ni no Kuni shouldn't be among them.

While you might "doubt" my information, keep in mind that I cover mostly Japanese game and my Youtube is filled with me playing Japanese games (and in some cases DLC), in addition to me having several JP region DLC trophies.

#7272 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

After reading a series of your messages (too many to get this simple question), I have the answer!!! =P

Depending on how the DLC in question works, you can use it outside of your JP account. The only exception are "account locked" items, like Tournament Tickets for Uncharted 3. Another would be 100 yen Gomibako, since the plays remains on the account in question. There aren't many more examples and Ni no Kuni shouldn't be among them.

While you might "doubt" my information, keep in mind that I cover mostly Japanese game and my Youtube is filled with me playing Japanese games (and in some cases DLC), in addition to me having several JP region DLC trophies.

Ah nice! Well, there's your answer, Kotomine. :)

Josh1billion.png

#7273 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Can anyone recommend Escape Plan? A part of me is tempted to just wait until it hits $5, but the whole 'Spend $50 Get $10' is pushing me to buy it. I'm picking up Hustle Kings, Super Stardust Delta, and Retro/Grade already.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7274 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

vita = new indie dev hotspot? not complaining at all, just surprised that they keep coming. wish the skullgirls fundraiser could include a vita port...

https://twitter.com/BriProv

The developer of Retro City Rampage has been basically advertising the hell out of making indie games for PS3 and Vita since the summer, which seems to be helping to sway his fellow colleagues about making games for PSN. He even mentioned that the PSN versions sold better than Steam and the Vita version (not counting PS+ "sales") topped the PS3 version. It looks like Zeboyd Games (Penny Arcade's Rain Slick 3/4, Cthulu Saves the World, and Breath of Death VII) is convinced to get stuff on Vita just because of his tweets, so it's looking like this will be a thing for Vita.

I'd love for the Vita to become more and more the place for indie games to go. I don't recall seeing it mentioned in this thread, but Thomas Was Alone is also coming to PS3 and Vita. I played a little of the demo on PC and really enjoyed it, I think it could be a really fun, challenging game.

As for Frisky's comment, when I read that article yesterday from Brian P. saying that the Vita was the absolute best seller for RCR I thought it was totally awesome! This is honestly great news, and I love the guy for talking up the Vita so much. I love this tweet especially. I'm a huge XBLA fan, but it seems like MS is doing everything it can to close doors for indie devs, where Sony is doing everything it can to open doors.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#7275 EnemyCanine

EnemyCanine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yep. The logical fallacy is that the person that has Marvel/Zen Pinball on their PS+ sub likely won't let it lapse to see what happens anyway.

This would be the only unlock key game to break the trend I talked about if it were true. Even though it doesn't look like it, the pack you refer to is an unlock key for the demo of that pack, which never show an expiration date. It's weirdly layered since the ZP2 pack wasn't specifically offered for PS+, so it shows up like that in a weird way.

Just to be clear... and I'm not trying to debate the issue since I think it's safe to say neither of us will know 100% until our subs lapse... the place where I was looking was https://account.sony...mentnetwork.com which does show expiration dates for the unlock keys.

#7276 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I guess im one of the few who fucking loves PS+. I like alot of the games they have offered for free. Yea some I already owned but you win some you lose some. Im not even a hardcore sony fan and the playstation is not my priority gaming console but I have been getting on it alot more because of PS+. I may end up switching back to sony next gen over microsoft.

Pretty sweet that we got PvZ for the VITA!

512847.png

#7277 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Can anyone recommend Escape Plan? A part of me is tempted to just wait until it hits $5, but the whole 'Spend $50 Get $10' is pushing me to buy it. I'm picking up Hustle Kings, Super Stardust Delta, and Retro/Grade already.

I liked it, but there were some frustrating moments with the controls since even with the update that allows you to use some buttons, you're still using the touch screen and rear touch screen (my most hated parts) quite a bit. Overall though, I liked it and with the two DLC packages I bought awhile ago for way cheap (I believe they were $0.25 and $1.00), I pulled the trigger the last time it was 50% off.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7278 dwo

dwo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Anyone know if money already in your PSN wallet before 2/26 can be used for the $10 back deal?

#7279 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just to be clear... and I'm not trying to debate the issue since I think it's safe to say neither of us will know 100% until our subs lapse... the place where I was looking was https://account.sony...mentnetwork.com which does show expiration dates for the unlock keys.

My friends PS+ sub just lapsed and he's not renewing. I will see if he can still play the free Marvel tables from PS+ on ZP2. I'll post here when I find out.

#7280 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Anyone know if money already in your PSN wallet before 2/26 can be used for the $10 back deal?

Can.

#7281 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Yep - you just have to spend $50 from your wallet, doesn't matter when it was added.

#7282 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I guess im one of the few who fucking loves PS+.

I think you're in the majority. ;) The whiners are just the loud ones, while the rest of us are silently content.

Josh1billion.png

#7283 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

I think you're in the majority. ;) The whiners are just the loud ones, while the rest of us are silently content.

The ones who are happy with PS+ are too busy playing our free games is all.

#7284 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

https://twitter.com/BriProv

The developer of Retro City Rampage has been basically advertising the hell out of making indie games for PS3 and Vita since the summer, which seems to be helping to sway his fellow colleagues about making games for PSN. He even mentioned that the PSN versions sold better than Steam and the Vita version (not counting PS+ "sales") topped the PS3 version. It looks like Zeboyd Games (Penny Arcade's Rain Slick 3/4, Cthulu Saves the World, and Breath of Death VII) is convinced to get stuff on Vita just because of his tweets, so it's looking like this will be a thing for Vita.

Retro City Rampage on Steam, in my opinion, is quite overpriced for what it is especially when you compare it to the pricing for other indie games on Steam. Also most other indie games tend to go 75% off on Steam sales and end up in indie bundles while neither has happened Retro City Rampage.

Zeboyd's games on the other hand are quite reasonably priced and by all accounts, according to the developer himself, have done really well on Steam. But we are talking about the different between $3-5 regular price for Zeboyd's retro games vs $15 for Retro City Rampage.

I think the $15 price point is just too high for the Steam PC crowd to pay for a retro indie game. If it was something that had the production values of say Giana Sisters and looked very modern then I could maybe see it. And even then Giana has already had multiple sales where it's been at or around $5.

Also, to some extent the whole indie bundle thing does hurt indie game developers selling their games on the PC because I know quite a number of people, and I include myself here, who generally won't buy an indie game outside of a bundle but will just wait for it to get bundled.

If the Retro City Rampage developer is firm on wanting $15 for something that looks like an old NES game he is probably better off going to the Vita because I think that crowd is more likely to pay it and there's way less competition there than there is for indie games on the PC.

Lastly let me add that this is in no way meant as an insult or to do the whole PC vs Console gamer thing or any of that. To each his own but they are different markets and I was just trying to put some context to why Retro City Rampage may not have been selling gangbusters on Steam.

steam_sig.png

#7285 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Buy God of War: Ascension, get a free code of Isaac & Zeus for PS All-Stars included with the game. Otherwise, $5 each & Graveyard is $2.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7286 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

I guess im one of the few who fucking loves PS+.

i think most people love it. the blog is a magnet for haters.

#7287 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yeah I was like sweet, free PvZ cause I'm a plus member when I just got it free on every iOS device I have because....I owned an iOS device. Woo!

At least you get the full game for free on Vita. You have to work hard or pay up for it on iOS.

#7288 pasolini

pasolini

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Forgive me if this was answered 360 pages ago, but I keep getting an error every time i attempt to purchase the $49.99 annual membership.
I'm currently an auto-renew 3 month member (from a past deal that i never cancelled). Do i need to cancel that first, before attempting to purchase the 49.99 membership?
The error is vague 'An error has occurred' or something like that.

#7289 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Forgive me if this was answered 360 pages ago, but I keep getting an error every time i attempt to purchase the $49.99 annual membership.
I'm currently an auto-renew 3 month member (from a past deal that i never cancelled). Do i need to cancel that first, before attempting to purchase the 49.99 membership?
The error is vague 'An error has occurred' or something like that.

Don't cancel you sub, it could something is wrong with the credit card if you are using it. My friend still has problem with his credit card and it gives him error messages when he uses it on PSN.

Edit: Not to say your credit card is the one at fault, but PSN will tend to give that error message sometimes.

Edit2: if you want don't have any extra funds on you wallet then just buy a $50 code from amazon and then buy the membership after you filled your wallet. Don't buy the PS Plus membership via amazon since that won't give you the $10 later on in april.
Posted Image

#7290 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but the free games you get for PS+ are only free as long as you have a sub right?
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.