Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#7291 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yes.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7292 pasolini

pasolini

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Don't cancel you sub, it could something is wrong with the credit card if you are using it. My friend still has problem with his credit card and it gives him error messages when he uses it on PSN.

Edit: Not to say your credit card is the one at fault, but PSN will tend to give that error message sometimes.

except i've been able to make other PSN purchases in between attempts using the same card (i tried when the 15-month sale first started, and tried again last night)
i'll try again w/ diff card. Can you also do it from the web like on Xbox Live?

#7293 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but the free games you get for PS+ are only free as long as you have a sub right?

Yes that's true, but anything you buy via PS+ Discount is your's to keep:)

#7294 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

I think you're in the majority. ;) The whiners are just the loud ones, while the rest of us are silently content.

I really like it, but these last two months haven't been it's strongest. I'm always excited for tuesday now though, to see what we get new. I'll play just about anything for free:bouncy:

#7295 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

ps+ is just a toned down gamefly in a way

#7296 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'd love for the Vita to become more and more the place for indie games to go. I don't recall seeing it mentioned in this thread, but Thomas Was Alone is also coming to PS3 and Vita. I played a little of the demo on PC and really enjoyed it, I think it could be a really fun, challenging game.

As for Frisky's comment, when I read that article yesterday from Brian P. saying that the Vita was the absolute best seller for RCR I thought it was totally awesome! This is honestly great news, and I love the guy for talking up the Vita so much. I love this tweet especially. I'm a huge XBLA fan, but it seems like MS is doing everything it can to close doors for indie devs, where Sony is doing everything it can to open doors.

It seems like he'll be at GDC and will be talking more about the breakdown for his game, so that will be an interesting session to read about.

You forgot to mention that Thomas Was Alone will support Cross Buy when it comes out this spring. There was a great comment/reply for that article.

#7297 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

ps+ is just a toned down gamefly in a way

Not even close.

except i've been able to make other PSN purchases in between attempts using the same card (i tried when the 15-month sale first started, and tried again last night)

Yes. There's a link in the OP.

#7298 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

This is the web link for the playstation plus 1 year, may'be that will work

https://store.sonyen...=Chihiro_Launch
Posted Image

#7299 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Buy God of War: Ascension, get a free code of Isaac & Zeus for PS All-Stars included with the game. Otherwise, $5 each & Graveyard is $2.

$5 each? Daaamn.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7300 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

After reading a series of your messages (too many to get this simple question), I have the answer!!! =P

Depending on how the DLC in question works, you can use it outside of your JP account. The only exception are "account locked" items, like Tournament Tickets for Uncharted 3. Another would be 100 yen Gomibako, since the plays remains on the account in question. There aren't many more examples and Ni no Kuni shouldn't be among them.

While you might "doubt" my information, keep in mind that I cover mostly Japanese game and my Youtube is filled with me playing Japanese games (and in some cases DLC), in addition to me having several JP region DLC trophies.

Ah nice! Well, there's your answer, Kotomine. :)

Sweet, thanks for the help!

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#7301 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Not even close.

How isnt it?

Gamefly you pay more to keep games as long as you want but you have a much greater variety. You cant keep the game once you cancel your gamefly unless you buy it

PS+ you pay less but have a less variety of games. You cant keep them unless you buy them.

How isnt that toned down?

#7302 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

How isnt it?

Gamefly you pay more to keep games as long as you want but you have a much greater variety. You cant keep the game once you cancel your gamefly unless you buy it

PS+ you pay less but have a less variety of games. You cant keep them unless you buy them.

they're very different.
think of it this way:
after a year of Gamefly, you have 1 game at home. You sent the rest back.
after a year of PS+, you have 50-100 games in your IGC, and will always have them at your fingertips as long as you're subbed.
Not to mention, discounts and others stuff. I often play free PS+ games long after they're no longer available to new members (having had it from the start). if you go to the OP... all those games listed are still 'mine' right now.

#7303 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

How isnt it?

With PS+, your library grows the longer that you're a member and you never have to return games. With Gamefly, you only have access to two games at a time with limits based on demand/supply. It never gets any bigger without paying for more slots. The games can also be gimped due to online passes and such. There's a big difference between a digital and physical service.

#7304 EnemyCanine

EnemyCanine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

How isnt it?

Because there isn't anything quite like PS+. It's a cross between a BJ's membership, a game rental site and gambling. You can't really compare it to one service.

#7305 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

...PS+...It's a cross between a BJ's membership, a game rental site and gambling...

I love this description. It is spot on and why I am enjoying the service.

I've read through the last few pages now and am trying to figure out if I've misunderstood the whole thing about the Pinball tables. Am I understanding it right that the tables that were once offered for free to PS+ subscribers are still free to access with the only condition being that they will no longer be accessible once the PS+ subscription is no longer current? If that's the case, they would be like any other game in the IGC right? Sorry if I've misunderstood here, I'm just trying to get clarification.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#7306 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

I guess im one of the few who fucking loves PS+. I like alot of the games they have offered for free. Yea some I already owned but you win some you lose some. Im not even a hardcore sony fan and the playstation is not my priority gaming console but I have been getting on it alot more because of PS+. I may end up switching back to sony next gen over microsoft.

Pretty sweet that we got PvZ for the VITA!

I love it too!!! There is a lot of Plus lovers out there, trust me ;)
Posted Image

#7307 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Yep. The logical fallacy is that the person that has Marvel/Zen Pinball on their PS+ sub likely won't let it lapse to see what happens anyway.

This would be the only unlock key game to break the trend I talked about if it were true. Even though it doesn't look like it, the pack you refer to is an unlock key for the demo of that pack, which never show an expiration date. It's weirdly layered since the ZP2 pack wasn't specifically offered for PS+, so it shows up like that in a weird way.

Hey Frisky I talked to my friend and he has told me that the FREE Marvel tables work the same with Zen Pinball 2. His PS+ sub just lapsed last month and said they work perfect still. He doesn't own any if the other tables except PvZ. Just wanted to let you know since you run into all types of questions in this thread. I know it shouldn't work but for some reason it does.

Edit: cdancause read this also.

#7308 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

I love it too!!! There is a lot of Plus lovers out there, trust me ;)

I think there's a lot of love for PS+. The difference is we play games instead of bitching of how EU got this and that.

#7309 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

How isnt it?

Never was increased in gamefly. Then my buddy told me he ordered farcy and they sent him borderlands 2 which was #6 on his que. That really turned me off.

#7310 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Buy God of War: Ascension, get a free code of Isaac & Zeus for PS All-Stars included with the game. Otherwise, $5 each & Graveyard is $2.

Seth Killian on February 27th, 2013 at 5:51 pm said: Zeus and Isaac will have trophies, and we’re working on adding trophies for Kat and Emmett as well.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#7311 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Retro City Rampage on Steam, in my opinion, is quite overpriced for what it is especially when you compare it to the pricing for other indie games on Steam. Also most other indie games tend to go 75% off on Steam sales and end up in indie bundles while neither has happened Retro City Rampage.

Zeboyd's games on the other hand are quite reasonably priced and by all accounts, according to the developer himself, have done really well on Steam. But we are talking about the different between $3-5 regular price for Zeboyd's retro games vs $15 for Retro City Rampage.

I think the $15 price point is just too high for the Steam PC crowd to pay for a retro indie game. If it was something that had the production values of say Giana Sisters and looked very modern then I could maybe see it. And even then Giana has already had multiple sales where it's been at or around $5.

Also, to some extent the whole indie bundle thing does hurt indie game developers selling their games on the PC because I know quite a number of people, and I include myself here, who generally won't buy an indie game outside of a bundle but will just wait for it to get bundled.

If the Retro City Rampage developer is firm on wanting $15 for something that looks like an old NES game he is probably better off going to the Vita because I think that crowd is more likely to pay it and there's way less competition there than there is for indie games on the PC.

Lastly let me add that this is in no way meant as an insult or to do the whole PC vs Console gamer thing or any of that. To each his own but they are different markets and I was just trying to put some context to why Retro City Rampage may not have been selling gangbusters on Steam.

Well said. Maybe that's why Brian P. is recommending Vita to other indie devs. "Hey guys, develop for the Vita! People will buy your games without you having to discount it by 80% first!"

$5 each? Daaamn.

$5 per character is crazy right? I never buy DLC for fighting games, but are DLC characters in games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc. that expensive?

It seems like he'll be at GDC and will be talking more about the breakdown for his game, so that will be an interesting session to read about.

You forgot to mention that Thomas Was Alone will support Cross Buy when it comes out this spring. There was a great comment/reply for that article.

That breakdown would be extremely interesting. He did a mini "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit and dabbled in the subject of game sales and PS+, but nothing really worth noting.

As for that comment, that's hilarious. I love that the creator responded to that clueless response rather than just pass over it!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#7312 Cojack426

Cojack426

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

Just got on PS+ today and I think I'm going to love it. $50 for 15 months and a $10 credit coming back to me in the near future. Vanquish, Darksiders, LBP2, and Infamous 2 all for free and I have not played yet is just incredible. It feels good to be a CAGer some days. :)

#7313 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

I love this description. It is spot on and why I am enjoying the service.

I've read through the last few pages now and am trying to figure out if I've misunderstood the whole thing about the Pinball tables. Am I understanding it right that the tables that were once offered for free to PS+ subscribers are still free to access with the only condition being that they will no longer be accessible once the PS+ subscription is no longer current? If that's the case, they would be like any other game in the IGC right? Sorry if I've misunderstood here, I'm just trying to get clarification.

i think what it comes down to is this: if you owned Zen Pinball 1 and/(or?) Marvel Pinball, then you get those table packs for Zen Pinball 2 (Marvel, Classic) for free.
IF you own Zen Pinball 1 because of previous PS+ness, then theoretically you should lose access when you're no longer subbed, but reports say you might not.

anyway, i'm glad people brought this up because i owned both ZP and MP and didn't know i could get those tables.

#7314 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Well said. Maybe that's why Brian P. is recommending Vita to other indie devs. "Hey guys, develop for the Vita! People will buy your games without you having to discount it by 80% first!"

Ironically, the game is half off on Steam right now.

#7315 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Yes.

Thanks, I thought that was how it worked and that really turns me off the service. More power to those that enjoy it, just not for me I suppose.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#7316 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

$5 per character is crazy right? I never buy DLC for fighting games, but are DLC characters in games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc. that expensive?

I thought $5 each was "the norm", or a pack that ends up being a small bit cheaper per character. Not to mention most/all other games have $1-3 costumes. Reflect on that...

#7317 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

I guess im one of the few who fucking loves PS+.

I think a good majority definitely like PS+. It's a great value overall. That doesn't mean I won't complain when we get shit games :)

I think there's a lot of love for PS+. The difference is we play games instead of bitching of how EU got this and that.

I knew someone was going to go there.

#7318 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

I guess Ill get God of war Ascension Day 1 now. Who would of known if you throw in two characters for PSABR you would get more day 1 customers. Pretty much the only reason Im getting it now. At BB of course so Ill get the $20 RZ cert and the Codes for the two characters.

512847.png

#7319 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I think a good majority definitely like PS+. It's a great value overall. That doesn't mean I won't complain when we get shit games :)

I knew someone was going to go there.

See the difference between you and other people who like EU PS+ is you actually got a year card or tried tracking them down. Most people will complain EU is better but will never attempt to get a sub. I remember you offered one to CAGs but didn't know the outcome. At least you make an effort to take advantage of the PS+ sub you like.

#7320 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

I had PS+ since June 2012 and I love it. I'm not that hardcore of a gamer. I was mostly a Nintendo fangirl until I got a PS3. The IGC introduced me to so many different games for free that I normally would never consider playing. For almost 8 months, I'm well over the $50 that I paid for a year's subscription. I love this service and will continue to support it. I just got a $50 PSN card just to renew my sub. Also, I'm loving PvZ on Vita! The best way to play PvZ in my opinion.