Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#7531 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I finally decided to take advantage of the stacking promos and just bought a 1-year PS Plus membership, I'm set with Plus until December 2015 :bouncy:
Posted Image

#7532 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm flush with PS+ for another couple years too after this promo.

I wonder, though, if PS+ will go across all systems and include the PS4 on release, or if it'll be a tiered thing at that point.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#7533 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

yeah im good til mid 2016. im all for free games and good deals, but i doubt they will still be giving free games / extending subs to ps4. i doubt they will still be giving deals/free games til 2016 on ps3 even. idk but everything so far has gotten me pessimistic for ps4, im gonna stick with ps3s as long as i can but don't think i should be buying any more ps+ subs.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7534 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Same here. Im sticking with my PS3/ Vita for now. Theres no way they get rid os PS+ for PS4. Id bet they give a discount for the streaming service which isnt shit.

Id rather build a new PC then get a PS4

#7535 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

yeah im good til mid 2016. im all for free games and good deals, but i doubt they will still be giving free games / extending subs to ps4. i doubt they will still be giving deals/free games til 2016 on ps3 even. idk but everything so far has gotten me pessimistic for ps4, im gonna stick with ps3s as long as i can but don't think i should be buying any more ps+ subs.

Very odd thing to doubt/be pessimistic about. PS+ has been very successful for Sony, and they have no reason to go out of their way to destroy the program intentionally. That doesn't even make sense, really. It's never been PS3+ -- it's platform independent as evidenced even by how they worked in Vita.
I don't know what 'everything so far' means, but everything I've actually read, plus common sense, says Sony will keep PS+ (possibly renamed) through the PS4.

#7536 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I don't see the point in extending your Plus subscription beyond another year or so. They've never said the service will carry over to PS4, and who knows how long they'll keep supporting it for :ps3: once the new system is out.

And then trying to get a refund for your 2015 subscription? Ha!

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#7537 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I don't see the point in extending your Plus subscription beyond another year or so. They've never said the service will carry over to PS4, and who knows how long they'll keep supporting it for :ps3: once the new system is out.

I have faith, Sony did not disappoint for past PS transitions.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7538 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm not planing to buy a PS4 until 2015 -2016; they kept supporting the PS2 long after the PS3 was released. I'm cool supporting the PS+ program and it is probably they will find out a way to stick it to the PS4.
Posted Image

#7539 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I just created a UK account, do they have the same deal on their store or is it just the US store? Thinking about buying a year of PS+ to get the $10 back. Also, for the 12 month get 3 month, is that just for the US store or does it also apply to the UK store?

#7540 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

I just created a UK account, do they have the same deal on their store or is it just the US store? Thinking about buying a year of PS+ to get the $10 back. Also, for the 12 month get 3 month, is that just for the US store or does it also apply to the UK store?

These are US deals only.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7541 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Very odd thing to doubt/be pessimistic about. PS+ has been very successful for Sony, and they have no reason to go out of their way to destroy the program intentionally. That doesn't even make sense, really. It's never been PS3+ -- it's platform independent as evidenced even by how they worked in Vita.
I don't know what 'everything so far' means, but everything I've actually read, plus common sense, says Sony will keep PS+ (possibly renamed) through the PS4.

id say its a safe bet its staying around

from the sony europe ceo jim ryan:(talking about ps+)

“It’s been really well received – the value is quite extraordinary and the take-up has trebled over the course of the past year. We definitely see that as a core part of the way forward. We’re not yet in a position to disclose our plans for the future of PlayStation Plus but there will definitely be a prominent role to play for it in the PlayStation 4 landscape.”

http://www.forbes.co...artner=yahootix

#7542 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

These are US deals only.

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks for the quick reply!

#7543 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Anyone else just get a random $5 voucher that expires on the 4th?

were you part of the group that downloaded some items off the PSN store thinking it was free (but got charged instead?)

Sony gave $5 as a form of compensation + refund

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#7544 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

actually they said plus will be a big part of PS4

#7545 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

In the Forbes article, it mentions that every Vita title is available on PSN on day one. Is that true? Not being a Vita owner, I wasn't aware of this. The article goes on to mention that Sony is planning to do the same with PS4 titles. If it is, that is incredible - in theory, every PS4 title could be a PS+ offering. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that? I might even grab another year of PS+ now that the current promotions make it effectively 15 months for $40.

#7546 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

In the Forbes article, it mentions that every Vita title is available on PSN on day one. Is that true? Not being a Vita owner, I wasn't aware of this. The article goes on to mention that Sony is planning to do the same with PS4 titles. If it is, that is incredible - in theory, every PS4 title could be a PS+ offering. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that? I might even grab another year of PS+ now that the current promotions make it effectively 15 months for $40.

Yeah, Vita is the most online-integrated handheld ever. Party chat is well integrated, PSN accounts blend in seamlessly with old PSX, PSP games instantly accessible (short of not being compatible), trophy lists merge/function well, and the OS is snappy for closing programs/games or going between them.

Having all games available digital also means eventual sales even if they aren't offered as free. I won't drop $40 on a digital game, but for a game like Katamari, getting it for $12 via PS+ discount to have it is an easy buy to me. Especially games with lots of replay, pick-up-and-play value (Persona 4 being another good example).

It's a shame they have such excellent infrastructure and internal support but are letting the system die at retail. Nintendo's brand couldn't sell the 3DS at $250, I don't know why Sony thinks the Vita can.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#7547 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

So question.....what will happen to all of our PS3 PSN games once they stop supporting the PS3?

#7548 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

So question.....what will happen to all of our PS3 PSN games once they stop supporting the PS3?

any games you buy and have on your ps3 are not in any threat -- after all, the games are already on your ps3 and authenticated. if you remove your internet connection, they still work.

there are some risks, but this sort of thing is the same with every digital storefront, from Steam to Itunes. It's part of why some really dislike digital -- the lack of true ownership.

#7549 shahmastert

shahmastert

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

I just wanted to point out that during the PS4 press conference, they included Playstation Plus as one of the services they were bringing back into PS4, alongside with things like Netflix and Crackle. So for right now, PS+ on PS4 is pretty much confirmed. I don't get what people are so worried about.

It'll most likely be universal between the PS3, PS4, and Vita. Just like it is now.

#7550 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Since people don't seem to realize this is a thread for discussing games/sales and not what happens in 10 years to your PSN games, I'll contribute. I've scrounged up four concrete, confirmed facts from the mouths of Sony execs themselves. Because clearly everything on the Internet is 100% true and it's best to get upset about rumors than wait til things are confirmed.

Remember, below you will read facts, not rumors. You've been warmed.

Spoiler

Back to the topic at hand. I can't believe I bought When Vikings Attack. Did they have a sale at launch or something? I have no idea why I would just buy this random game. Must have been desperate for a Vita game. I finally got around to trying it and it is terrible. Only price I'd recommend is free. Not fun at all.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#7551 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

were you part of the group that downloaded some items off the PSN store thinking it was free (but got charged instead?)

Sony gave $5 as a form of compensation + refund

Strange. I double checked my account to see if this happened, but it had not. Oh well, I'll gladly take the $5 and put it towards Journey!

#7552 Action!

Action!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

and will give users 10 free avatars a month and 4mb of cloud storage.

In.

#7553 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Since people don't seem to realize this is a thread for discussing games/sales and not what happens in 10 years to your PSN games, I'll contribute. I've scrounged up four concrete, confirmed facts from the mouths of Sony execs themselves. Because clearly everything on the Internet is 100% true and it's best to get upset about rumors than wait til things are confirmed.

Spoiler

Back to the topic at hand. I can't believe I bought When Vikings Attack. Did they have a sale at launch or something? I have no idea why I would just buy this random game. Must have been desperate for a Vita game. I finally got around to trying it and it is terrible. Only price I'd recommend is free. Not fun at all.

What? Are you for real? This is some bullshit, I'm gonna sell my PS3.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7554 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, Sony sent me an another email with the coupon code for $10. Had $10 in my wallet, so with spend 50 get 10 back I got 15 months of PS+ for 30 bucks, not bad.

#7555 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

What? Are you for real? This is some bullshit, I'm gonna sell my PS3.

100% confirmed. I read it on GameFAQs so it's legit.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#7556 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Spoiler

well played, sir!

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#7557 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

100% confirmed. I read it on GameFAQs so it's legit.

Dude you are full of lies. There was still PS2 support after the PS3 came out. Just because it was off Gamefaqs doesnt make it true.

#7558 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Quick question if I get 50$ psn cash does that count for the purchase or only if I use it for downloads?
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#7559 Pasicho

Pasicho

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Quick question if I get 50$ psn cash does that count for the purchase or only if I use it for downloads?

You have at spend at least $50 dollars in the psn store to get the $10 back. This can be done in multiples of $50.

#7560 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Dude you are full of lies. There was still PS2 support after the PS3 came out. Just because it was off Gamefaqs doesnt make it true.

I'm not the original poster but clearly the spoiler was meant to be humorous. Did you actually read the things there? They were pretty outlandish.

Back on topic, I bought Velocity mini which I so far hate. Bought GTA:SA which I never got to finish on the PS2 and probably won't get to finish on the PS3 either. Bought Super Stardust Delta which is great. and what else...?

Goddammit Sony! I renewed my PS+ and it re-ordered my entire download history with every PS+ game having a "purchase" date of March 1. Why do you do things like that? Do you want us to hate you Sony?