Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#751 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Any word on PS+ freebies this month?

#752 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

Any word on PS+ freebies this month?

Revealed on Mondays as always.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#753 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Revealed on Mondays as always.

Thanks

#754 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Oh good, I'll know if Ni No Kuni we'll be worth keeping a reserve on. I like the artstyle as a movie, but unsure if it will translate well as a video game.

I heard that events that occur in Mass Effect will impact events in Mass Effect 3. I'm guessing since I have Mass Effect 2, I should get 1 and 3 on PS3 as well.

#755 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

As usual I waited till practically the last minute to make my purchaes (if any) for the week. I bit on the two additional characters for Hyperdimension Neptunia 2 and Untold Legends 2 since I loved the first one. I've heard TerRover is just awful and after a quick search of the thread the few comments I saw made it seem like a pass even for a couple bucks. Or does someone want to convince me it's worth picking up anyway? I'm kinda hoping it becomes a PS+ freebie at some point.

#756 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

i have never heard of any of the recent ps2 "classics" released on psn

#757 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Ni No Kuni demo? Nice! I got to play it very briefly at Namco's booth at SDCC back in July and I loved it. Looking forward to playing the full demo!

#758 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

I've found a new avenue of stuff to record: XMB Splash Screens. The first is Quantum Conundrum, which was the last game I would've expected to see what it has. I also can't tell where it ends and where it begins, so this will just be ten minutes of that. I only wish I still had the Ghostbusters game because that's the #1 splash screen on PS3 for me.

#759 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

Hot damn, a Ni No Kuni demo! This should help make the wait for my Wizard's Edition easier.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#760 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Huh, where did Guilty Gear go...

#761 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

In for the Uncharted card game. Don't really care about the rest.

#762 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

I've found a new avenue of stuff to record: XMB Splash Screens. The first is Quantum Conundrum, which was the last game I would've expected to see what it has. I also can't tell where it ends and where it begins, so this will just be ten minutes of that. I only wish I still had the Ghostbusters game because that's the #1 splash screen on PS3 for me.

Splash screen? Maybe I'm not awake enough, sorry

#763 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Splash screen? Maybe I'm not awake enough, sorry

When you highlight a game on the XMB and a special background appears sometimes with music or some other type of audio playing, that's basically a splash screen.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Splash_screen

#764 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

i always find it lazy when they don't have a splash screen or audio. it's like cmon, have some pride in your work. also when the game box hardly describes the games in it. I picked up Zone of the Enders hd collection and the box is more about MGS revengeance demo and it says this game contains : MGS Revengeance demo and doesnt even list the two ZoE games, its like ugh, have some pride in what you are doing developers! (or marketers/publishers/idk)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#765 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

i always find it lazy when they don't have a splash screen or audio. it's like cmon, have some pride in your work. also when the game box hardly describes the games in it. I picked up Zone of the Enders hd collection and the box is more about MGS revengeance demo and it says this game contains : MGS Revengeance demo and doesnt even list the two ZoE games, its like ugh, have some pride in what you are doing developers! (or marketers/publishers/idk)

Such a silly thing to complain about.

Most people buying Zone of the Ender HD know that it includes the first 2 games and those who don't know its a collection of the first 2 titles. Why should they waste game cover space making sure YOU KNOW it's the first 2 games, when "collection" does just that in 1 word?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#766 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Anyone pick up the Gravity Rush DLCs? Are they any good, do they add anything to the main story of the game?

Also, anyone platinum Gravity Rush? I'm too lazy to get gold on all 20 challenges, so I'm not gonna go for it, even though I loved the main game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#767 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

Anyone pick up the Gravity Rush DLCs? Are they any good, do they add anything to the main story of the game?

Also, anyone platinum Gravity Rush? I'm too lazy to get gold on all 20 challenges, so I'm not gonna go for it, even though I loved the main game.

I got the military DLC and it gives you some upgrades (cause it stops short if I recall correctly), but they don't add a lot. They're basically side stories that are nice, but don't really scream value. Also the side missions are okay, but they're pretty short lived. I would say the DLC takes 2 horus and isn't too fantastic.

Also I platinumed Gravity Daze in like 3 or 4 days.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#768 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

I got the military DLC and it gives you some upgrades (cause it stops short if I recall correctly), but they don't add a lot. They're basically side stories that are nice, but don't really scream value. Also the side missions are okay, but they're pretty short lived. I would say the DLC takes 2 horus and isn't too fantastic.

Also I platinumed Gravity Daze in like 3 or 4 days.

Thanks. I probably won't get them until they're on sale, but I like how they actually included a few missions with them, and they aren't just new outfits for Kat.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#769 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Thanks. I probably won't get them until they're on sale, but I like how they actually included a few missions with them, and they aren't just new outfits for Kat.

Honestly speaking, I got a STRONG feeling that they were "Cut" content and were later finished then sold as DLC. For those reason alone, I rather they broke them up at a cheaper price.

#770 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

I got all the Gravity Rush DLC and I believe they might just be key download since they are only about 100 kb each. Aside from that , it didn't bother me. They were nice, not the greatest of dlc.

#771 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

it is a silly thing to complain about, but i hate how they take up so much cover space advertising a demo for a game that is completely different. Everyone hates on EA but at least they leave their advertising for future games as just insert pamplets inside the game. #FirstWorldSillyComplaints
hey admiralvic that Black Ops Declassified plat is very impressive. i 100% world at war and all zombie dlcs, but couldnt get into that one at all. for the 15 min i tried it anyway.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#772 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

it is a silly thing to complain about, but i hate how they take up so much cover space advertising a demo for a game that is completely different. Everyone hates on EA but at least they leave their advertising for future games as just insert pamplets inside the game. #FirstWorldSillyComplaints
hey admiralvic that Black Ops Declassified plat is very impressive. i 100% world at war and all zombie dlcs, but couldnt get into that one at all. for the 15 min i tried it anyway.

I think you miss the point... Zone of the Enders INFAMOUSLY sold because it had a demo for Metal Gear Solid 2, which probably lead to this choice. Sure it's not great logic, but I wouldn't be shocked if the people in marketing were like "hey it worked once". With that being said, there are more annoying choices. First and foremost, All-Stars displaying it's a cross buy on the boxart over a sticker. Bioshock Infinite also does a pretty poor job displaying Bioshock, but none of these games had great boxart, so I don't really mind.

I think Declassified will go down as the hardest Call of Duty platinum, which says a lot. I did nothing but swear during the campaign and some of the side trophies were a nightmare. Like beating that one stage without taking damage is about as likely as catching santa setting up your gifts in a jewish household. Not impossible, but WAY too many things have to go right to accomplish it. Sadly the same goes for the 8 kills with 4 bullet trophy, since you only have a 10% or so chance of being able to do it. Typically something will go wrong (like you shoot a guy and he moves or they're poorly lined up or your shot is just amazingly hard to hit [like through 1 guys hand and anothers foot...]), which really makes me question how much thought they put into the layout.

#773 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Here's the Quantum Conundrum XMB Splash Screen.

#774 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Here's the Quantum Conundrum XMB Splash Screen.

I hate that splash screen so much. It's way too fucking loud. Love the game though.

#775 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Whaaat? NI NO KUNI demo! Sign me up!

Probably just the E3 demo. Which I would like to get my hands on without being on a show floor anyway. Here's my writeup if you want to read it

#776 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I hate that splash screen so much. It's way too fucking loud. Love the game though.

The Ratchet & Clank : A Crack In Time splash screen is also really loud. You're playing the game at normal volume, and then you quit out, and the splash screen blares at you. Most games don't do this, so I'm not sure why these few do.
Posted Image

#777 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I think one of the Hasbro Family Game Night games has a rather loud splash screen as well, way louder than the actual game. It always catches me off guard.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#778 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

The Ratchet & Clank : A Crack In Time splash screen is also really loud. You're playing the game at normal volume, and then you quit out, and the splash screen blares at you. Most games don't do this, so I'm not sure why these few do.

I would give Sony 5 DOLLARS AMERICAN if they would add the ability to mute splash screen music as an option. I'll never understand why it's there.

#779 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

I would give Sony 5 DOLLARS AMERICAN if they would add the ability to mute splash screen music as an option. I'll never understand why it's there.

I've noticed that almost all the splash screens have volumes set to max. I'd love a volume slider where I can set it to about 1/4 of the current volume. The worst is the Battlefield game I have. It's just a rumbling bass. I'm pretty sure every time it comes on my sub is going to blow.

#780 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'd pay $10 to change my PSN name. I was a complete noob when I made it and have regretted it ever since. Granted, it's not as bad as some people's, but I'd still love to drop the numbers and add some capitalization.

453605.png
TheTsel.png