Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#7801 decadencia

decadencia

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Any word on how long the vita sale goes on for? I'm hoping p4g goes on sale in week 3 haha

#7802 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Going to grab Dokuro and Sumoni.

Disgaea 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Platinumed it on both Vita and Ps3. I doesnt rank above the original Disgaea, but it is an amazing game. Wacky story, great characters, amazing depth, funny, charming, and an amazing value. It may be a little daunting at first to someone who isnt familiar with the series, or other tactical rpg games, but it allows you to go at your own pace and learn as you go.

KneeKnee.png

#7803 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

wow March is awesome already, wish Disgaea 3 and Tekken 6 were for PS3 as well but definitely not complaining
Posted Image

#7804 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Only thing I lack is Spec Ops (surprised this was indeed the game), anyone think it's actually worth downloading?.

Gunplay is functional and brutal at times. The challenge is fairly robust even on medium once you enter the second half of the game. Its the non-gameplay factors like the setting, mood, story, voice acting, etc. that are the exceptional aspects of the game. It is linear and each level features slightly hidden intel items which provide an interesting audio file than gives some additional background information to the story. I got 80% of them without following a guide, you can replay any chapter on any lower difficulty to pick up any of the ones you missed. It's 6-8 hours depending on which difficulty you play on.

I would HIGHLY recommend playing without a guide to minimize spoilers, blind is the way to experience this game. With it being free on PS+ a bonus is you might actually find some people to play with in the multiplayer for a short period of time after it is unlocked. I don't know what it's like on consoles but on the PC the multiplayer is DEAD.

---

Enjoyed the demo of Joe Danger 1, but never could bring myself to buy the game so I will definitely download JD 2.

Guardian_owl.png

#7805 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Any word on how long the vita sale goes on for? I'm hoping p4g goes on sale in week 3 haha

Not very likely. P4G is one of the best games on the Vita.

#7806 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Already played Spec Ops through a gamefly free trial, but might replay it to get some aditional trophies. Excited for Joe Danger 2, as I like the demo but never bought it. The Cave is made by Doub;e Fine, and that's really the only motivation to play I need. No vita or PSP, but I'll redeem them on PS3 anyway. At this rate I'll have quite the backlog of games for the Vita when I inevitably pick one up (hurry up with that dang price drop Sony!). This is definitely a lot better than the last two months, and I'm glad we got the monthly update back:)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7807 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Great month, the only one I have is Joe Danger 2, which I got for free on XBLA so I'll gladly take it for free again.

Also, bravo to Frisky for nailing Spec Ops, as well as Disgaea and The Cave. That's impressive.

I'm surprised at the Tekken 6 pick since nobody expected it to be a PSP fighter for the Vita.

I think the issue is finding one that will physically fit into the slot.

EDIT: This was not intended to be an innuendo, so please don't turn this comment into a part of your CAG signature.

My HDD is a 1 TB, so it wasn't hard at all. There are multiple compatible drives on Newegg.

It only counts if you buy it from the PSN store according to what Morgan said in the comments section of today's PS+ update. If you buy a PS+ card from a store and redeem it, then it does not. If you buy a $50 PSN card and use it to buy a year of PS+ from the PSN store, then yes, that would count because you spent $50 in the store.

Of course a PS+ card wouldn't work since you're not actually spending PSN money on it.

Why do you think the MLB12 Vita sale may end on March 12? If they are doing "new deals each week" wouldn't it end on 3/5 when the next set of deals come out? I guess we may know more details later today, but if someone is on the fence, they may want to decide soon just in case...

Because the list of PS+ items expiring this week included none of the Vita Anniversary games, so it seems like they'll stay on sale for at least another week. They may just be doing three weeks of deals that will last three weeks each.

so the sale on the PS Vita anniversary games and the Gamers Choice winners end with tomorrow's psn update correct? I want to buy GTA San Andreas and a couple of other games but the store is under maintenance right now and it won't let me sign in.

Just the Gamer's Choice Award winners are ending tomorrow from what I've seen.

Edit: Looks like the new article for this week's Vita Anniversary sale says it's ending this week, so I guess they're just one week sales.

http://blog.us.plays...new-free-games/

Last week, we honored the PlayStation Vita system’s one year anniversary by giving you—our awesome fans—great discounts on some of our top games. There is still one more day to pick up the first batch of sales titles, so don’t miss your chance to grab award-winning games like Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale at a big discount.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7808 spacebooger

spacebooger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Someone asked earlier and I didn't see an answer: If you have a PS3 or a PSP and no vita, can you still get the PS One Classic (Wild Arms) for free with PS+?

#7809 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Someone asked earlier and I didn't see an answer: If you have a PS3 or a PSP and no vita, can you still get the PS One Classic (Wild Arms) for free with PS+?

It was me asking (maybe others too). From what I can tell on the Blog it says "Exclusive to the Vita store". So it seems were out of luck, but I'm hopeful anyway.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7810 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

wow March is awesome already, wish Disgaea 3 and Tekken 6 were for PS3 as well but definitely not complaining

Disgaea 3 Vita includes ALL of the DLC, which is more than enough reason to prefer that version. Sure it sucks if you don't have a Vita, but I rather have the complete edition than paying another $50 for all of it.

Gunplay is functional and brutal at times. The challenge is fairly robust even on medium once you enter the second half of the game. Its the non-gameplay factors like the setting, mood, story, voice acting, etc. that are the exceptional aspects of the game. It is linear and each level features slightly hidden intel items which provide an interesting audio file than gives some additional background information to the story. I got 80% of them without following a guide, you can replay any chapter on any lower difficulty to pick up any of the ones you missed. It's 6-8 hours depending on which difficulty you play on.

I would HIGHLY recommend playing without a guide to minimize spoilers, blind is the way to experience this game. With it being free on PS+ a bonus is you might actually find some people to play with in the multiplayer for a short period of time after it is unlocked. I don't know what it's like on consoles but on the PC the multiplayer is DEAD.

Is the difficulty THAT bad? I platinum Vanquish and pulled off pretty much every other shooter hard mode... I doubt it's that bad, right?

Yes

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7811 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yes

Psyched to hear this. Really have zero idea what the game is, but have heard a lot of great things about it:lol:

#7812 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

I also tried the multiplayer on PC maybe a month or so after release and it was quite dead. I wasn't surprised though because it was the horrible P2P console multiplayer. Not sure how much it contributed to its death on PC but it had to be something. On the plus side the one map I did get to play longer than 2 minutes before the host quit was when I was the host, so I easily got to dominate everyone.

For reference the same thing happened to the more popular Far Cry 3 which was mostly dead within the month and also had a horrid P2P implementation.

#7813 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Glad to hear Sony kept their word saying it'd be worth investing in PS+ for the Vita. I'm definitely happy about the service so far :bouncy: I have 7 cart games for my vita right now, but all these instant games are awesome! Guess they're really trying to making me jump from my 16GB to a 32GB though :cry:

Anyone else think it's better to hope on BB's $75 32GB now rather than wait for E3 to see if there's a drop or higher capacity cards?
Posted Image

#7814 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Glad to hear Sony kept their word saying it'd be worth investing in PS+ for the Vita. I'm definitely happy about the service so far :bouncy: I have 7 cart games for my vita right now, but all these instant games are awesome! Guess they're really trying to making me jump from my 16GB to a 32GB though :cry:

Anyone else think it's better to hope on BB's $75 32GB now rather than wait for E3 to see if there's a drop or higher capacity cards?

I would just buy it now. I doubt Sony will introduce new cards this early or officially drop them a large amount by then.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7815 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm hoping for a 64GB card at $100 or a price drop on the 32GB before I bite. I hate having to choose which games to keep on my cards and switching between them.

#7816 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Psyched to hear this. Really have zero idea what the game is, but have heard a lot of great things about it:lol:

Well, I'm hoping he's right, but the announcement above says "exclusive to the Playstation Vita store".
Posted Image

#7817 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'll mention this tomorrow since I'm sure people will ask, but Spec Ops: The Line is 5,587 MB, or 5.45GB.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7818 shahmastert

shahmastert

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Kinda disappointed by the discounts for this week, but I am pumped up for Spec Ops! One of those games I've always wanted to buy but never got around doing so.
And good thing we're getting The Cave...I was about to shell out 15 bucks so that my cousins and I could play it, but now we can all get it for free.

Also, I can finally try Patapon out! I never got around buying a PSP, but I'm a sucker for rhythm games.

#7819 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I would just buy it now. I doubt Sony will introduce new cards this early or officially drop them a large amount by then.

Is it really too early? It's been out a year and sales have been dismal. The thing that scares people away from the vita seems to be the requirement of a very pricey card though.

I'm hoping for a 64GB card at $100 or a price drop on the 32GB before I bite. I hate having to choose which games to keep on my cards and switching between them.

And same here. I really would like a 64GB the rate at which they're trying to push digital games on the vita. I thought a 16GB would suffice in the mean time, but I find myself downloading more and more things everyday. I've already bought Sigma+ just to save some space on my 16GB.
Posted Image

#7820 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot Disgaea 3 came with all the DLC. Nice.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7821 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I think you'll start seeing $75 as a normal price range for 32GB even if there is no official annoucement regarding it. It is becoming more and more common to see $80 lately, anyway. I do think higher capacity ones will come out at E3 or later this year, so that should also help drive down pricing for 32GB and below since they will probably not want to go too much above $100 for the 64GB version.

#7822 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I also have a 16gb and that 32gb is more and more tempting. But in true cag fashion I'm just gonna wait for a better deal (even from the $75 at best buy) or a 64gb option.

These sales/IGC games make the PS Plus/Vita/PS3 combo the most valuable $50 (cheaper for those who got in on the previous deals) a year you can pay for in gaming. Sony is ready for the digital future.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#7823 rpg

rpg

Selling Redemption/Undead Nightmares $1.20 Phan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Is the difficulty THAT bad? I platinum Vanquish and pulled off pretty much every other shooter hard mode... I doubt it's that bad, right?

Vanquish difficult is a joke(talking about the story mode). This game is closer to KillZone 2 on elite. Also u need to play the game twice.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#7824 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

And same here. I really would like a 64GB the rate at which they're trying to push digital games on the vita. I thought a 16GB would suffice in the mean time, but I find myself downloading more and more things everyday. I've already bought Sigma+ just to save some space on my 16GB.

I'd rather have a 150 GB card so that I can have everything on my Vita at once. 32 GB filled up quickly, so now I delete games all of the time to make room for others.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7825 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Fuck me, I just bought Disgaea 3 AoD a week ago. Time to try and recoup my losses.

#7826 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

If you're not buying day 1, why pay full price? Welcome to CAG.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7827 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Fuck me, I just bought Disgaea 3 AoD a week ago. Time to try and recoup my losses.

How?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7828 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

did CS:GO get updated with the new arms race map and deathmach mode that the steam version got? Also, how is the community on psn, is the game really active? I'm really tempted to buy at the current sale price

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#7829 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

s the difficulty THAT bad? I platinum Vanquish and pulled off pretty much every other shooter hard mode... I doubt it's that bad, right?

No, Spec Ops is not that bad on Medium, just some people are accustomed to shooters where you can pretty much play through at normal on auto-pilot and never have to worry about dying. The first half you can get away with not making careful use of cover, squad focus fire commands, use of environmental traps, and stealth; but by the second half you will need to make use of all of those and make carefully placed shots to conserve your ammo. Expect to die a few times before being able to get past certain fire fights later in the game, particularly at the start of the final firefight.

If you are quite experienced in cover based shooters then you could possibly jump in the game at suicide (hard) difficulty. That increases the enemy reaction time, accuracy, and increases the damage you take. If you get stuck and die enough times in a row the game gives you the option to drop the level of difficulty by one so that you don't have to start at the beginning, though then you forfeit the ability to score a trophy for the higher difficulty on that playthrough.

Edited by guardian_owl, 04 March 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Guardian_owl.png

#7830 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

ugh.... well since Disgaea 3 is now going to be free might as well trade this in....
I was really hoping it would have been Disgaea 1 and 2 for the PSP.
Tekken 6... meh...