Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#7891 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Has anyone had success buying PSN codes from Gamestop's website? Do you get the code right away?

Got em instantly after payment (Used trade credit to pay for it). Was able to check it online through your account.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#7892 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

I feel like we're stealing paying only $49.99 a year for PS+! Shit just got real!

#7893 io

io

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Good lord, PS+ just goes by too fast for me sometimes. I completely missed Plants vs. Zombies being free - downloading it now. The funny thing is that I just finished playing through the iPad version with my son yesterday. I've already beaten it on PS3 and 360. I might as well play through the Vita version as well. That is one game that I can play multiple times without getting tired of it. But they need to come out with a new one - not sure why they didn't a year ago.

Disgaea is awesome, highly recommended!

Shameless plug: for you trophy hunters, be sure to check out my awesome guides:

http://www.ps3trophi...ophy-guide.html

http://www.ps3trophi...rter-guide.html

60 hours for plat not for me :^o

60 hours is long for you? Now that I look at it I don't think see any games that take more than 60 hours to complete :P

Yeah, seriously, it only takes 60 hours for the plat? I had always heard people sink 100's of hours into Disgaea games which is why I never started one even though I own them all except, fortunately, the Vita version. I guess I can ditch my PS3 copy now though. I might just cue this up to play next once I finish Etrian Odyssey IV on the 3DS. I don't know what it is, but I've been on a handheld game binge recently, even though I am just playing at home.

But I just spent 90+ hours getting the platinum in Ni No Kuni, so 60 for Disgaea would seem fast.

So, captaintek3304, is it possible to get the platinum after playing through without a guide at first? I like to stay spoiler free and try to enjoy my initial playthrough without having to consult a guide every step of the way. Some games let you do that and others don't (if they have stupid missable trophies). What's the deal with Disgaea 3 in that regard?

As for Spec Ops: meh, I'll download it but I don't see it moving above about #100 in my backlog any time soon. But if it really is that quick to play through maybe I'll give it a shot. Military shooters are just about the last thing that interests me though. I can barely tolerate Halo but at least that has the sci-fi thing going for it.

Edited by io, 05 March 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#7894 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

When it means no missable trophies that means you can go back and go for the trophies after you beat the game. The problem sometimes is that it can be harder to get certain trophies when you go back. (guide says no missable trophies)

For spec ops, it is a really short game with a very interesting twist in your normal military shooters which I think warrents enough reason to move it up a bit in your back log.

#7895 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

i've sunk many hours into the first disgaea, but haven't played 3 yet. i hope more rpgs start coming to the vita soon.

#7896 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

sorry if this is a dumb question, but do we still have to "buy" the free igc games? or is it automatically added to your account?

Also, really hoping for more zen pinball tables to go on sale.

#7897 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

sorry if this is a dumb question, but do we still have to "buy" the free igc games? or is it automatically added to your account?

Also, really hoping for more zen pinball tables to go on sale.

you got to "Check Out"

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#7898 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

How's Escape Plan?

#7899 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

How's Escape Plan?

pretty and pretty good.If you are into puzzle games, you will love it, if not you will just like it ;)

#7900 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

dokuro reviews?

#7901 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

dokuro reviews?

haven't played but same as Escape Plan applies to this. If you are into puzzle games and like that art style then you should get it. 76% on Metacritic and 8.8 on IGN.

#7902 oldboy

oldboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Is it true that all the "free" games that Playstation Plus offers are essentially rentals? When our subscription ends that we can no longer play them?

If that is true, how does it work with your "free" Vita games?

#7903 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Been wanting to play Spec Ops for a while!
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#7904 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Is it true that all the "free" games that Playstation Plus offers are essentially rentals? When our subscription ends that we can no longer play them?

Same way. Once the sub is up, you can't play the game anymore.

#7905 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

It's the same. It is a subscription and you are basically renting games. The good thing about this is that , unlike other rental services, you get to keep the title that you download in your catalog and it can be used as long as you are the member of the service.

If you take a break and come back to PS+, they will still be in your download list to download and play.

#7906 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

pretty and pretty good.If you are into puzzle games, you will love it, if not you will just like it ;)

Thanks. I am, so it'd probably be nice to have for when I get a Vita.

#7907 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thanks. I am, so it'd probably be nice to have for when I get a Vita.

I'm hoping it goes lower!

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#7908 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Good lord, PS+ just goes by too fast for me sometimes. I completely missed Plants vs. Zombies being free - downloading it now. The funny thing is that I just finished playing through the iPad version with my son yesterday. I've already beaten it on PS3 and 360. I might as well play through the Vita version as well. That is one game that I can play multiple times without getting tired of it. But they need to come out with a new one - not sure why they didn't a year ago.

A sequel is supposedly coming out during the summer.

#7909 io

io

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

A sequel is supposedly coming out during the summer.

Yeah, I've heard one was coming out this year. But while we are subjected to yearly Assassin's Creed and CoD games here is one franchise that could have been milked much more than it has been. Hell, just look at how oversaturated Angry Birds is. I have yet to finish even one of those and here I am playing P vs Z for the 4th time.

I also just discovered that it actually has a platinum on the Vita - wow. There are many more trophies than for the PS3 version which will add some new goals for me. I'm glad they did that at least!

#7910 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I like puzzle games but was kinda put off on the touch only controls - any comments/feedback on those?

#7911 Oxyric

Oxyric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

One question, I missed the first skyrim DLC Dragonborn at discount price, wondering if i should buy the Dawnguard at half price or wait for goti edition.

#7912 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Pulled the trigger late last night and bought a year PS Plus sub to get the 3 free months before the deadline. Already had the free 10 bucks from PSN in my wallet which made it 40 bucks for 15 months, plus I'll get 10 bucks back from the March promotion.

On top of that I redeemed the free month of Plus from buying the disc based version of Journey (voucher expires at the end of this month) so I have 16 months of plus ahead of me.

#7913 beeman07

beeman07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

I feel like we're stealing paying only $49.99 a year for PS+! Shit just got real!

I agree 100%!

It's even better when you jump in during one of their discount periods (like the one that ends today) and save even more.

Unfortunately, I feel compelled to download EVERY "free" title and have been doing so since month #2 or #3. I replaced my 500GB drive last spring with a 1TB drive and if I don't start deleting things soon I'll fill it up by the end of the summer. (1st world problems).

#7914 thecatinthehat

thecatinthehat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

I bought this last night on the online store and activated it. Was any confirmation given after purchase that the 3 extra months were added to the year? I didn't see any if so.

Thanks.

#7915 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I bought this last night on the online store and activated it. Was any confirmation given after purchase that the 3 extra months were added to the year? I didn't see any if so.

Thanks.

Nothing extra - only way I found to confirm was by looking at the expiration date of PS+ in services or of any PS+ games you have - they should be 15 months from yesterday's date.

#7916 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

I noticed that they announce Spec Ops on the day before this promo ends. Well played Sony. Probably would have lost some potential sales had something like Ratchet and Clank: FFA been announced as the next big game for Plus

Thanks.

No there is no confirmation but if you go into your account settings and look up Plus on your system, you will see that 15 months was added.
Posted Image

#7917 thecatinthehat

thecatinthehat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll check that tonight.

#7918 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Decided not to renew my PS+ subscription even if it was $40 (after $10 back promo) and 3 extra months. I don't really play the freebies that they offer (cause either I own them already on 360, backlog for ftw; or I just don't play PS3 that much in general). All that stuff won't work on PS4 anyhow, so I gotta let my current subscription die and wait for the next gen.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#7919 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

I'm debating The Walking Dead. The main roadblock is preferring a physical copy. What are the odds this hits $10 like BTTF?

#7920 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

dokuro reviews?

Dokuro is awesome. It's a hybrid puzzle-action platformer. You'll run into big groups of levels that are very heavy on puzzles, then the tone changes to more of an action game where you have to kill and dodge baddies and protect the princess. It has quite a bit of content (147 levels and a platinum) and would be great for any puzzle fan. I can't recommend it enough.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review