Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#7921 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

I feel like we're stealing paying only $49.99 a year for PS+! Shit just got real!

Awesome job not understanding what "renting games" means then.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#7922 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'm debating The Walking Dead. The main roadblock is preferring a physical copy. What are the odds this hits $10 like BTTF?

There's a new Walking Dead coming out soon, depending on how that's selling they could do a sale to spark interest.

We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#7923 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Dokuro is awesome. It's a hybrid puzzle-action platformer. You'll run into big groups of levels that are very heavy on puzzles, then the tone changes to more of an action game where you have to kill and dodge baddies and protect the princess. It has quite a bit of content (147 levels and a platinum) and would be great for any puzzle fan. I can't recommend it enough.

Especially for the sale price. I paid 10 dollars back in October and definitely got my money's worth. For 7 dollars, it's a no brainer IMO.

#7924 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Why does that suck? This is a Vita promotion for Vita owners.

Well it sucks for someone like me who wants to (overtime) build up a good library to make the Vita appealing. So in response to the guy who said now I should get a Vita soon: still not enough appealing content to convince. If I got there soon enough, I would have bought that Declassified Vita for $130 the other day.

#7925 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Why are you always hostile when people have a different opinion from yours? Shocker: not everyone cares about "keeping" games. It's a blurred line in this digital age. If keeping games is so important to you, just maintain a subscription until you're dead. Even at full price, you are getting access to every title PlayStation Plus offers for a dollar per game.

#7926 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

^:applause:

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7927 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Why are you always hostile when people have a different opinion from yours? Shocker: not everyone cares about "keeping" games. It's a blurred line in this digital age. If keeping games is so important to you, just maintain a subscription until you're dead. Even at full price, you are getting access to every title PlayStation Plus offers for a dollar per game.

Put yourself in his position. He's smart enough to understand that the games which everyone else is having so much fun with are actually pieces of crap which are merely loaned to them by Sony. Every time he looks in this thread he sees people enjoying and praising this service, completely oblivious to the fact that they have been taken in by this company. He is surrounded by suckers, the only one who is able to see their piteous plight. Time and time again he has attempted to elevate them from this piteous state, only for them to tell him that they're having fun and feel that the service is a great deal for them - he knows better, of course, but they just won't listen! Over time this sort of rejection of his great benevolence has worn him down to the husk of hostility you see him as today, yet still he soldiers on, hoping to enlighten just one more soul from the horrible scam of these "free" Playstation Plus games.

/salute

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#7928 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

This. Once I can't tolerate a game anymore or get a platinum/100% on it I could care less if it floated off to Mars and married a gargoyle. But I know some people like having everything on their shelves/entertainment centers/etc forever until their children (?) have to pack them up in boxes for an estate sale. Neat. Who cares. Either way it's not a big deal and nothing is for everyone, that's why it's good that PS+ is not (currently) a mandatory service for any functionality for PlayStation customers. It's purely a bonus, take it or don't and it'll have zero impact on your ability to enjoy a PS3 or Vita.

#7929 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Put yourself in his position. He's smart enough to understand that the games which everyone else is having so much fun with are actually pieces of crap which are merely loaned to them by Sony. Every time he looks in this thread he sees people enjoying and praising this service, completely oblivious to the fact that they have been taken in by this company. He is surrounded by suckers, the only one who is able to see their piteous plight. Time and time again he has attempted to elevate them from this piteous state, only for them to tell him that they're having fun and feel that the service is a great deal for them - he knows better, of course, but they just won't listen! Over time this sort of rejection of his great benevolence has worn him down to the husk of hostility you see him as today, yet still he soldiers on, hoping to enlighten just one more soul from the horrible scam of these "free" Playstation Plus games.

/salute

Where is the "not sure if serious" Fry gif when you need one...

#7930 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

this. Once i can't tolerate a game anymore or get a platinum/100% on it i could care less if it floated off to mars and married a gargoyle. But i know some people like having everything on their shelves/entertainment centers/etc forever until their children (?) have to pack them up in boxes for an estate sale. Neat. Who cares. Either way it's not a big deal and nothing is for everyone, that's why it's good that ps+ is not (currently) a mandatory service for any functionality for playstation customers. It's purely a bonus, take it or don't and it'll have zero impact on your ability to enjoy a ps3 or vita.

wow....

#7931 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

How bout....
Posted Image

#7932 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Is Retro City Rampage worth it at this price?

#7933 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

1. If you think that's hostile then Christ you must be nothing but fun

2. There's no "blurred line" with digital, you either own it or you don't

#7934 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Were you around in the days of the NES/SMS?

If so completely yes, if not watch a vid or two and decide

#7935 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

I overall prefer to keep my games and have them physically for the simple fact that my digital collection could disappear overnight at any given time. Granted it's not likely but it does make me uneasy knowing that it could happen and realistically I'd have no control. This is mostly my fear in the long run and not an immediate fear.

Having said that I am going more and more digital every day and I think it is the future. I currently own many more digital games than physical. This is mostly due to PS+ and Steam (and also XBLA to a lesser extent).

So to me the drawbacks of digital are big ones:

- You're trusting someone else with "your" stuff
- You don't own the game or anything physical
- No trade ins
- Downloading them can be annoying to impossible depending on connections

But there are some definite advantages as well:

- Generally cheaper (Steam/PS+ in particular)
- No clutter
- Easier access at any time (I was playing Tomb Raider an hour before it's official release without ever leaving home to do so)
- No disc swapping/lugging them around with you and such
- Many disc games require installs anyway

Basically I'll just accept digital and try to be happy with it's advantages since it's where we're going regardless if I accept it or not. What I will not accept is ridiculous DRM or any other bullshit that is sure to come along. Make good shit and people will buy it. It's really that simple.

#7936 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Awesome job not understanding that other people value and prioritize things differently from you.

PS+ is a steal. So is Netflix Watch it Now. And the recent Sony Music Unlimited sale. I have a massive library of media at my fingertips, and yet my shelves are thankfully empty (I greatly prefer digital). That's under $100 a year, which some people pay per month just for cable (and I only paid $15+$12+$8 = $35 to get plenty of music, games, and movies for an entire year). That's a ridiculously good deal, even if I don't own anything when the year is up (though I will be renewing ps+, soooo...)

#7937 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

wow....

Not sure why this is a shock to some people. I'm also of the feeling that once I'm done with a game, I'm pretty much done with it for a long time/forever. There is just too much to play in a lifetime to replay much.
Posted Image

#7938 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

How bout....
Posted Image

Perfect :D

#7939 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

$7.50 is probably the max I'd recommend paying for it. I enjoyed a lot of the 80s and 90s references, but the actual gameplay never really clicked for me. However, the developer seems like a really cool guy (he's been touting the Vita recently and also just said that he ported RCR to WiiWare knowing that he'd probably never see a dime for it) so I'd definitely encourage a purchase.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7940 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

That makes me a little bit sad. I thought I managed to get the tone into the text pretty well there... :(

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#7941 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Anyone care to comment on MLB 12: The Show for Vita that's on sale (ending today)? I am a casual baseball fan and don't want to spend a lot on MLB 13 but wouldn't mind a baseball game on the Vita (might also grab a cheap used PS3 copy for cross save stuff). I heard MLB 12 is pretty glitchy on the Vita, though.

#7942 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I was around in the days of NES and late 80s - early 90s televion and the references are fairly amusing, gameplay is mediocre to poor. They made a few poor decisions such as the button for shooting is the same button as the lock on which means you can only lock on while firing I found it easier to just shoot it twin stick style the cover mechanic is also annoying. Some of the changes in game style are just flat out not fun at all to play, aping an annoying gameplay mode is still an annoying gameplay mode, the final boss battle is the worst offender. It was free with plus and that's about the price I would pay for it.

Guardian_owl.png

#7943 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Anyone care to comment on MLB 12: The Show for Vita that's on sale (ending today)? I am a casual baseball fan and don't want to spend a lot on MLB 13 but wouldn't mind a baseball game on the Vita (might also grab a cheap used PS3 copy for cross save stuff). I heard MLB 12 is pretty glitchy on the Vita, though.

I tried it but I'm not a fan of the hitting mechanics. If you've previously played a version of MLB the show and like the way it plays I imagine its great to have a version on the go. I also got bored of franchise mode quickly. Just wasn't for me. And I'm a big baseball fan.

#7944 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Freaking hell, PS+ is just killing my PS3 hard drive :lol:. I only have a 250gb, maybe only used 10gb at max for game installs before hand. Started plus in September now only have like 6gb left. Granted I have a few digital PSP games store on it, but that only takes up maybe 5gb. The rest is nothing but PS+, maybe it's time for a upgrade.

The free games for the Vita is also nice, considering the only things I've played on it since picking one up on BF has been PSP and PS1 games. Their still isn't a single actual Vita game I want.

#7945 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Physical vs. digital? This thread is the worst at de-evolving into side conversations with no merit.

You're wrong, dude! They're talking about pro wrestling in the Sony store thread.

#7946 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

$7.50 is probably the max I'd recommend paying for it. I enjoyed a lot of the 80s and 90s references, but the actual gameplay never really clicked for me. However, the developer seems like a really cool guy (he's been touting the Vita recently and also just said that he ported RCR to WiiWare knowing that he'd probably never see a dime for it) so I'd definitely encourage a purchase.

The Vita version also got patched about 2-3 months after release to balance difficulty and fix some bugs. Nice to see support for it even though it's a cheap download game. It's a great fit for portables and I really dug it, having grown up in the 80s/90s myself. Without the nostalgia of endless pop culture references, you might enjoy it less.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#7947 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Tangentially related to this thread is that with a Power Up Rewards card, God of War Saga is $19.99 at GameStop until 3/11. I mention this (and it's in another thread too) because the included free month of PS Plus and vouchers for God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghosts of Sparta PSN downloads expire on 3/31/13. I hadn't realized those PSN related perks had expiration dates so it pushed me firmly into the 'purchase now' category.

#7948 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Physical vs. digital? This thread is the worst at de-evolving into side conversations with no merit.

I think you mean the best

#7949 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

tries Escape Plan demo, urge to buy said game raises :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#7950 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I am probably a day late to this and oblivious to the obvious nature of expiration dates, but is the promo stacking still possible? Could I buy a $50 PSN wallet card at amazon, get the PS+ year sub, and buy something to go over $50 to get both the +3 months of PS+ and $10 back?