Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#8191 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Figured it out, and Wild Arms is now downloading on my PS3. :)

1. Download and install Media Go: http://mediago.sony.com/enu/features

2. Sign in with your PSN account on Media Go.

3. Click "Store" on the top-left.

4. Search for each of the free games, go to their pages, and click Download on each.

5. They will now be in the download list on your PS3, and you are free to cancel the downloads that Media Go has going. :)

Thanks to Jut for the heads-up about Media Go!

Do you have to start the download through Media Go? I just searched for the games and added them to my cart then checked out just like I would through the web store. They now show up in my sonyentertainmentnetwork.com purchase history list so I would assume they will also be in my download list once I fire up my PS3 and/or Vita tonight?

#8192 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Do you have to start the download through Media Go? I just searched for the games and added them to my cart then checked out just like I would through the web store. They now show up in my sonyentertainmentnetwork.com purchase history list so I would assume they will also be in my download list once I fire up my PS3 and/or Vita tonight?

yep, you just have to purchase them for $0 to add them to your download list.

Guardian_owl.png

#8193 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

So I picked up Dokuro. I heard some mixed opinions about Sine Mora so I'm hesitant. The demo was sharp but I could see the time aspect annoying me to all ends so that may be why my wallet fund go somewhere else. Chess maybe?

if you liked the demo, definitely pick it up. the only naysayer was admiral, who was complaining more about difficult/time consuming trophies than the game itself.

i bought it and have been playing it since - it's fantastic. $5 is a great price.

#8194 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Was it said that there's a limit on the get $10 for every $50 spent? Between the sales, reupping Plus, and a couple new(Dynasty Warriors, Atelier Ayesha, was kinda surprised Ayesha turned out to be 15GB was guessing it would be 4-7 by previous games) games I'm over $200 already.

They stack. You'll be getting $40 in credit.

So I am new to the whole PS3/PSP thing as I just bought my PS3 this past holiday season and have a question. I bought a used PSP Go from the Gamestop deal a few weeks back, and I have a Playstation Plus account. The used PSP Go I bought has several games on it. I was wondering if there was anyway for me to link it with my account to get the free games this week on my PSP go without losing the games already on there? Or is it not possible to do that.

The 2 games that came with my used PSP Go are Ratchet and Clank, and SOCOM.

You won't be able to keep those games once you switch accounts (format, etc.)
It's quite easy to switch my psp 3000 between accounts that exist on my ps3 but you're dealing with a stranger's account, which you'll never have access to again once you remove.

#8195 CandyCaptain

CandyCaptain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Do I just install the program and DL it on there? Like steam or
iTunes? Currently downloading but confused as to how it works. Couldn't grab it on the Sony Store.

If you find out how to do it please let me know, I'm trying to get Wild Arms on my PS3 as well. haha

I just checked Media Go, and it turns out you can claim all the games in the free games promo through it. So the list goes:
Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
Patapon (PSP)
Piyotama (PSP)
Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

I have a psp, and I remember loving the demos for Patapon and Patchworks Heroes, so this news made me quite happy. :bouncy:

#8196 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I just checked Media Go, and it turns out you can claim all the games in the free games promo through it. So the list goes:
Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
Patapon (PSP)
Piyotama (PSP)
Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

I have a psp, and I remember loving the demos for Patapon and Patchworks Heroes, so this news made me quite happy. :bouncy:

Thanks, I did this but PSN was down so I couldn't DL Wild Arms. Will have to try this when I get back home.

#8197 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

if you liked the demo, definitely pick it up. the only naysayer was admiral, who was complaining more about difficult/time consuming trophies than the game itself.

i bought it and have been playing it since - it's fantastic. $5 is a great price.

I will be picking this up since I love shooters. Thanks affa for the positives. It looks like it will be beautiful on the OLED screen.

#8198 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

people used to absolutely freak out on PS+ off weeks (which we no longer have because they filled them in with Vita games). If they frontloaded all the releases to the first week, that would be 3 weeks of complaints.

Right now they're trying to appease the most people -- announce everything at the beginning, then drop them on us week by week.

Hopefully they also do the 'clues' every month. That was a nice touch.

Morgan has said on Twitter that he's planning to that every month.

It updated yesterday night. PSN updates on Tuesday night at random times.

Whoosh. I don't know why people don't get his joke posts.

Was it said that there's a limit on the get $10 for every $50 spent? Between the sales, reupping Plus, and a couple new(Dynasty Warriors, Atelier Ayesha, was kinda surprised Ayesha turned out to be 15GB was guessing it would be 4-7 by previous games) games I'm over $200 already.

I don't think there's a limit, as they said it's for every $50 spent.

Thanks for the link! I will try it out and see if I can figure it out as well.

I'd imagine you download Wild Arms to the PC via that program and then I guess find some way (USB thumb drive?) to transfer it to the PS3.

I hope I can get it to work because Wild Arms is really the only free game right now that I am interested in and I don't have a Vita.

You don't need to download it on MediaGo. Just purchase it and go to your PS3 to start the download from your download list (PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List).

So I am new to the whole PS3/PSP thing as I just bought my PS3 this past holiday season and have a question. I bought a used PSP Go from the Gamestop deal a few weeks back, and I have a Playstation Plus account. The used PSP Go I bought has several games on it. I was wondering if there was anyway for me to link it with my account to get the free games this week on my PSP go without losing the games already on there? Or is it not possible to do that.

The 2 games that came with my used PSP Go are Ratchet and Clank, and SOCOM.

You'd have to delete the PSN account that was on there and then login with your account, but that'll render the games already on their unplayable since only the current account's games are playable. Then those previous games would be effectively useless since you don't know the old account's details, which is good for them. Just delete them and move on to playing the games you have.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8199 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Spec Ops The Line is pretty cool. The voice of Drake is in it! I never would have played or bought it if it hadn't been part of PSPlus. Shame it didn't sell that well because of the huge, established fanbases that are into Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, and Battlefield.

#8200 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Shame it didn't sell that well because of the huge, established fanbases that are into Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, and Battlefield.

Yeahhh, that's exactly why it didn't sell well. Never understand this line of thinking. What does the success of one have to do with the failure of another? And in this case, these are pretty different games (I mean, c'mon...COD is an FPS) offering up different experiences. Same as saying it didn't do well because of Mario.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#8201 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Yeahhh, that's exactly why it didn't sell well. Never understand this line of thinking. What does the success of one have to do with the failure of another? And in this case, these are pretty different games (I mean, c'mon...COD is an FPS) offering up different experiences. Same as saying it didn't do well because of Mario.

You're throwing out Mario, a platformer? Anyways the common thing between these games is that they are all shooters. Basic economics here. When folks spend their money on huge, established franchises, they have less money for other games. Come on dude, not even an argument.

Think of it like Mario and a platformer from a smaller company. More people buy Mario because it's a established big name franchise.

#8202 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

You're throwing out Mario, a platformer? Anyways the common thing between these games is that they are all shooters. Basic economics here. When folks spend their money on huge, established franchises, they have less money for other games. Come on dude, not even an argument.

Think of it like Mario and a platformer from a smaller company. More people buy Mario because it's a established big name franchise.

Recent case in point - Rayman Origins.

#8203 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Why do you assume that's why it sold poorly? If shooter fans are anything, they're fickle. They drop games easier than other genre fans for the newest latest game regardless of what it is. If battlefield comes before cod, they buy that first or vice versa.

I believe that shooter fans tend to buy the latest and greatest of the series they play since they need to keep up with the multiplayer. That's primarily why I buy Halo and Gears at launch. There are probably a few reasons Spec Ops didn't sell that well. Marketing, so-so multiplayer, but also the reason I stated earlier, which is people tend to stick their their established franchises. I played a bit through the Specs Ops campaign. It's very good, definitely up on the same level or better than the campaigns on these other games.

#8204 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Good point, I think Rayman is best platformer of this generation, better than Mario even.

#8205 mikeworld

mikeworld

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

is there a 30% off running about?

#8206 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Man, I'm glad I downloaded the Orgarhythm demo, that game is annoying. I also couldn't figure out how to get past the catapult tutorial.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8207 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

OP updated. Added a new asterisk to note games that have demos available.

#8208 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Origins bombed because of poor marketing, terrible release date and mismanagement. (they released the 3DS MONTHS after the Vita...) Perhaps if Ubisoft really marketed the game and picked a better release date, we would have saw more sales, but Legends proves they learned nothing.

Spec Ops The Line is pretty cool. The voice of Drake is in it! I never would have played or bought it if it hadn't been part of PSPlus. Shame it didn't sell that well because of the huge, established fanbases that are into Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, and Battlefield.

Spec Ops failed because the game didn't really stand out and could have been marketed better. Even some people on CAG (myself included) thought it was a FPS title, which doesn't exactly spell "good" marketing. I would have never pegged it as something of a Socom game (was never really interested because of the name) and I wouldn't be shocked if many other people agreed with me.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8209 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

You can make the "economics" argument about any game, though. To your point, people may have unfairly lumped it in with "just another military campaign", but the game really shouldn't be compared to the likes of COD, BF or Halo. They're nothing alike. I mentioned Mario because its user base isn't mutually exclusive with COD's. They fulfill different needs, as does The Line.

Rayman Origins is an excellent example, though. Easily the best platformer this gen, but for one reason another was overshadowed. Hopefully Legends does better. I think what some publishers need to realize is that not every game can retail for $60. I remember Rayman picking up steam when it hit around 20-30.

#8210 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Legends won't do better because they've done the exact same thing that killed Origins and are releasing right in the middle of the heavyweights. February would've been a great time for Legends to be released, but now it's doomed.

#8211 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Personally speaking, I enjoyed Spec Ops much more than most other recent shooters. I think the name sucks, and that contributed somewhat to the bad sales. Before reviews I had no idea it was even a retail game (thought it was another Sector 8 type thing). Really good though, I'm gonna try and go back and get the platinum (seems feasible):D

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#8212 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff." -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Man, I'm glad I downloaded the Orgarhythm demo, that game is annoying. I also couldn't figure out how to get past the catapult tutorial.

Yes! I don't feel quite as stupid!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#8213 L7NirvanaLove

L7NirvanaLove

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

fifa 13 for vita is tempting cause i wanna some soccer on the go but unsure its worth 27.99

#8214 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

Legends won't do better because they've done the exact same thing that killed Origins and are releasing right in the middle of the heavyweights. February would've been a great time for Legends to be released, but now it's doomed.

I agree, don't know why Ubi couldn't just have Legends be a Wii U timed exclusive.

#8215 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

broke down and picked up oddworld and dokuro. plus i got super stardust delta and sine mora (both straight up awesome) already.

i wasn't planning on spending all this money... and now my 32 gig is definitely getting to overfull (it was already full, but i deleted some junk, now i need to start deleting stuff i want, lol)

#8216 Solh0und

Solh0und

King of the backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Should I just buy both Blazblue and SFxT?

So far I only bought Sine Mora for vita.

EDIT: In terms of Blazblue: is the online community pretty lively?

Edited by Solh0und, 07 March 2013 - 05:19 AM.
Added a question

#8217 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

BlazBlue for sure.

#8218 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

I can confirm that you can download Patchwork Heroes, Piyotama, and Patapon for free via MediaGo. I already own Wild Arms, so I wasn't able to test that like the others (which I didn't own until a few minutes ago :D).

This is great since I only have a PSP and PSP Go which can't connect to my new wireless router anymore. Hope this helps someone!

#8219 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Should I just buy both Blazblue and SFxT?

So far I only bought Sine Mora for vita.

EDIT: In terms of Blazblue: is the online community pretty lively?

Are you near a Sony store? I got BlazBlue CS Extend for $9.9x from one.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#8220 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

It's also got the voice of Tron and the voice of Kid (of Kid and Play).

Guardian_owl.png