Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#811 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'll bet EU thinks the same thing about US Plus.

Didn't we get more games than EU when PS+ came out for the Vita? I remember EU missing 1 or 2 games
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#812 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm pretty bummed about Bioshock 2. After seeing what the EU got, I was hoping we would have gotten at least ONE of those. I've played all of those in question anyway, but would much rather give Vanquish or Batman another playthrough over Bioshock 2. Others seem happy with it, so I guess it's not a total misstep by Sony.
Posted Image

#813 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

I suppose if I had a Vita, though, I still be so happy about what it got that I wouldn't have noticed what PS3 got anyway. I should get a Vita.
Posted Image

#814 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I really liked Bioshock 1. The 2nd not so much.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#815 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'd love to get rid of it but of course it tanked after the first month, you'd be lucky to get $4 for it at this point lol.

I got a PS3 copy of Bioshock 2 from Hastings for about $3 a couple of months ago. Still haven't played it. I might just get rid of it for a profit now. :)

#816 htz

htz

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I really liked Bioshock 1. The 2nd not so much.

Maybe because Bioshock 2 was not made by irrational games/2k boston.

#817 pippin

pippin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

There's going to be a demo for Ni No Kuni this week! :bouncy:

From their facebook page:

"NI no KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH demo is will be available on the PlayStation®Network on December 4th in North America and December 5th in Europe.

You were expecting this didn't you? Like if you do!

You will be able to play through two different levels of the game where you can test your mettle against a couple of the game’s most infamous bosses: Guardian of the Woods and Moltaan.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will be available for purchase at the PlayStation®Store and at videogame retailers in North America on January 22nd 2013 and in Europe on January 25th 2013.

Check http://www.ninokunigame.com/ for further information and preorder."

#818 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Tired of the whining. Yes I shouldn't read it then. Why I do? I don't know. Sony has to convince a publisher/dev to forgo some sales or take a smaller cut of a games sale when providing it on plus. If a game is selling well in a certain territory that makes no sense to do. If they want to push awareness or sell DLC then it is. Lets make this thread like prison. What's for lunch is what you get, you're in and that's how it is regardless if you like it or not.

im out then, ps plus expires today, not renewing.

#819 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

"NI no KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH demo is will be available on the PlayStation®Network on December 4th in North America and December 5th in Europe.

You will be able to play through two different levels of the game where you can test your mettle against a couple of the game’s most infamous bosses: Guardian of the Woods and Moltaan.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch will be available for purchase at the PlayStation®Store and at videogame retailers in North America on January 22nd 2013 and in Europe on January 25th 2013.

that's what I am most excited for!!:D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#820 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Still got my $45 pre-order from Newegg locked in. I hope this demo is as good as the advanced buzz from Japan seems to be indicating.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#821 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Wow, we yanks get bio-motherloving-shock 2 and we still see some of us bitching ? Unbelievable.

#822 Strange

Strange

Little Blimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

WOAH. Thanks for posting this! I don't use Facebook so I had no idea but it's amazing it's getting a digital release. Since I was late for the Wizard's Edition and there's no GameStop here so I can't get the steelbook, I was hoping really bad for a digital release. Best news.

#823 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Maybe because Bioshock 2 was not made by irrational games/2k boston.

Um, okay, but I dont care about that. I was just throwing my opinion out there. 2 wasnt horrible, I just didnt like it as much. Maybe it wasnt as well put together or maybe I just grew tired of the formula, who knows for sure?

What I do know is that I like plus as a service, so I am definitely not whining here. I have such a backlog of free games in addition to the other games I have that I am kind of glad we arent getting another free game I havent played yet.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#824 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Really confused why everyone here is so high on Vanquish. It's an average shooter with a sliding mechanic. Not to mention it's really cheap and has been for awhile.

#825 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ha. This is the most exciting news in the thread right now. :applause:

Really confused why everyone here is so high on Vanquish. It's an average shooter with a sliding mechanic. Not to mention it's really cheap and has been for awhile.

Average would imply that there are other games like it...

#826 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

ITT Shooters must resemble Call of Duty

#827 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Back on topic relatively, anyone know when PS Store will be back up (it said down for maintenance about an hour ago) and I'm hoping to take advantage of some sale prices before the update tomorrow.

Edited by shrike4242, 03 December 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#828 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Back on topic relatively, anyone know when PS Store will be back up (it said down for maintenance about an hour ago) and I'm hoping to take advantage of some sale prices before the update tomorrow.

The exact time-frame for the maintenance will be from (11am to 7pm EDT) Monday, December 3, 2012.

http://www.gamingexa...cember-3/19152/

Edited by shrike4242, 03 December 2012 - 08:11 PM.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#829 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

How much will Under Defeat cost on PSN? I forgot I had it ordered from Newegg(not Amazon), so need to pick it up still. If it's $30 I'll just get the physical copy.

#830 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

How much will Under Defeat cost on PSN? I forgot I had it ordered from Newegg(not Amazon), so need to pick it up still. If it's $30 I'll just get the physical copy.

Digital copies are almost always the same price or even more than the physical copy. Very rarely do you see one cheaper.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#831 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Bioshock 2
File size 9.2 GB :hot:

PS+ killing my 500 GB HDD :whee::whee:

next generation should come with 1 TB HDD as minimum 8-)

#832 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

The exact time-frame for the maintenance will be from (11am to 7pm EDT) Monday, December 3, 2012.

http://www.gamingexa...cember-3/19152/

Thanks. I'll have time then tonight to get TerRover. I don't really want it but my son wanted to play more of the demo, so there goes my money.

Also, this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanquish
And this http://www.gameranki...uish/index.html

both say shooter in the description. Now can we get back to solving world hunger.

I never played the game, don't care about the game, I just want to find the relevant deal posts and these childish arguments fill up the whole board. Don't bother replying to my message that it isn't a shooter. I don't know if it is and I don't care.

#833 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Bioshock 2
File size 9.2 GB :hot:

PS+ killing my 500 GB HDD :whee::whee:

next generation should come with 1 TB HDD as minimum 8-)

I agree. I just put a 500gb in a year ago and I only have 150gb left. 300gb in a year is a lot to take up.

#834 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thanks. I'll have time then tonight to get TerRover. I don't really want it but my son wanted to play more of the demo, so there goes my money.

Also, this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanquish
And this http://www.gameranki...uish/index.html

both say shooter in the description. Now can we get back to solving world hunger.

I never played the game, don't care about the game, I just want to find the relevant deal posts and these childish arguments fill up the whole board. Don't bother replying to my message that it isn't a shooter. I don't know if it is and I don't care.

Lol the thing that gets me is that he seems to think there's only one way to play that game and if you're not playing it that way, you're doing it wrong. Apparently when people say "shooter" it automatically means FPS. It's even worse when he acts like a child and tries to win the argument with "Turns out you're just really ignorant and kinda fucking stupid."
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#835 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Wow I just noticed that Smart As...is $27. That seems like a lot of money for an IQ puzzle game thing.

And I noticed Vita Uncharted Golden Abyss is $36 and Vita Wipeout is $18. Two very popular games that I wanted costing $54 total. A year of PS+ cost me $50. Hooray! I officially made out in the deal in getting PS+.

#836 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Heads up, there's an update for the YouTube app on Vita. Details listed here.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#837 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Because publishers have different branches in each region who work out deals with the different regions of Sony

This is true, but to avoid a lot of backlash from frustrated fans (mostly in the US at the moment) I'd think that it would be possible for SCEA and SCEE to team up and make sure they could acquire the same game for each region before finalizing talks with publishers.
Spoiler

That being said, those that are complaining here should keep in mind that, thanks to our weak dollar, we are paying much less for games than those in Europe. They got a sale recently for 42% off of Battlefield 3, which brought the price down to €39.99, or $52.25 in American dollars.

It's not nearly as cheap as Bioshock 2. Seriously, I don't know if there's a cheaper retail game they could have possibly given us. It's been floating around the $5 mark for a while now. Vanquish is at $12 at the moment on Amazon, and any of the deals floating around CAG for it have been extremely YMMV.

Also, I think Vanquish was a very good game. It did enough unique things to stand out as a quality TPS in my eyes.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#838 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

This is true, but to avoid a lot of backlash from frustrated fans (mostly in the US at the moment) I'd think that it would be possible for SCEA and SCEE to team up and make sure they could acquire the same game for each region before finalizing talks with publishers.

You're overlook the issue, which is never good. People aren't mad that EU is getting X and we're getting Y, people are mad at the difference in quality.

Lets look at last month (so we're fair to the US), now I don't recall 100% what we got, but I think it was...

Biohazard 5 with DLC
Dungeon Defenders
Quantum Conundrum

EU

Crysis 2
All 4 One (they always lacked it)
Cubixx HD

EU already had Biohazard 5 (and the DLC) and several other retail titles we never got, where as we just get a series of PSN titles. This is the problem people have with the US, since our overall quality seems lower. US plus needs to offer better titles (or at least newer ones) or offer more retail titles to end the complaints.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#839 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

EU already had Biohazard 5 (and the DLC) and several other retail titles we never got, where as we just get a series of PSN titles. This is the problem people have with the US, since our overall quality seems lower. US plus needs to offer better titles (or at least newer ones) or offer more retail titles to end the complaints.

Course, YMMV. Personally, I've been fine with the quality of US titles. In fact, recently finished Quantum Conundrum. Enjoyed it.
Posted Image

#840 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Plus has sold a stupid amount of subscriptions since e3, most in for a non-refundable year. There's no quelling to be done and the vocal complaints are always a tiny minority. It's a dead topic, if you want to complain head to the blog with the other 40-100 idiots that represent a sliver of the PSN population.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but I'm definitely not complaining.

You're overlook the issue, which is never good. People aren't mad that EU is getting X and we're getting Y, people are mad at the difference in quality.

Lets look at last month (so we're fair to the US), now I don't recall 100% what we got, but I think it was...

Biohazard 5 with DLC
Dungeon Defenders
Quantum Conundrum

EU

Crysis 2
All 4 One (they always lacked it)
Cubixx HD

"Quality" needs parameters before it can be properly utilized in comparing the games.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts