Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#8821 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Binding of Isaac was confirmed recently as well! Looking forward to that as the KB+M controls for the original were a chore to adjust to.

That one's especially big because the developers refuse to add controller support to the PC version, so it has to be done by hand with a separate program for those that want to go that far.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#8822 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Frisky can we have a peek of your spreadshot, or at least what details you got per game?
i used to have all my ps2 games documented. I did the same with my psn games last year but got busy/lost track.
iv been digging backloggery.com but havnt kept up to date too much.
I like to have my digital stuff written down so I at least remember what I own/ps+ rent/etc.
I wish Shipwreck shared more spreadshots of his like the games all 3 play all year.

im not MVP and im ok at trophies and community, psn spending, etc. im not butt hurt tho. Im playstation underground ;).

Here's a screencap with details on what I did below it:
Spoiler

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 16 March 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#8823 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

True, but you are talking about different consoles. There are different standards when it's the same platform line. Maybe I need to buy a new PvZ for PC after I've bought on the iPhone. But, I don't have to buy a new PvZ when I go from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5.

i don't agree. plenty of consoles haven't been BC over the decades. it's unreasonable to expect them to be, especially when media formats change. it adds cost all around for a feature everybody thinks they want but few actually take advantage of. I know PC operating systems have had BC issues, though I don't know much about the mac/apple world other than, as someone else stated, my first gen ipad is already turning into a brick as i can't even patch many games i own anymore.

#8824 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

That one's especially big because the developers refuse to add controller support to the PC version, so it has to be done by hand with a separate program for those that want to go that far.

It's definitely worth going that far because the keyboard controls are terrible imo.

#8825 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

It's definitely worth going that far because the keyboard controls are terrible imo.

I do, but the reason I don't play it as much as I'd like is because there's more to it than just starting up the game. I have to start up this separate program to make it work on a controller. Instead, I'll end up waiting for the remake to get the best experience of all.

That's an extremely common reason that I see for people being excited in the Vita version, even from those that go through the hassle of getting controller support for the PC version to work.

#8826 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

Quick question. I got a one month ps+ trial. However I have ps+ paid off until december. Will the one month tack on to make it good til the end of January? Or does it just add into what I have already making it better to give away to a friend?

#8827 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

It will add an extra 30 days to your subscription.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#8828 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

I've got an excel spreadsheet of every physical and digital game I own that I'm slowly transferring over from a local copy to Google Drive and doing fancy things I didn't think of before to make it work a lot more automatically than it did before.

And I thought I was the only maniac with an excel spreadsheet of every physical PS3 game I've bought: cost, retailer, trades, resell profit/loss margins, etc (most of my digital games and PS+ memberships were bought with gift cards), glad to see I'm not alone :D

im not MVP and im ok at trophies and community, psn spending, etc. im not butt hurt tho. Im playstation underground ;).

Then if you are not a PS3 MVP I don't get which are the damn requierments to qualify.
Posted Image

#8829 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

There's no PS+ discount for it at the moment.

There are quite a few indie games coming to Vita in the future:

Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims HD
Frozen Synapse Tactics
The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
Hotline Miami
Lone Survivor
Machinarium
Superfrog HD
Thomas Was Alone
Velocity Ultra
Zombie Tycoon 2

And I know there are more coming that I couldn't find with a quick search.

Terraria and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams are also coming later this month with bonus content added espcially for consoles

AnQAzfm.png

#8830 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

Terraria and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams are also coming later this month with bonus content added espcially for consoles

The only thing I'm seeing about Terraria on Vita is that they're looking into it, which is far from is coming out this month. I don't see a single thing about Giana Sisters on Vita at all from a google search.

#8831 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

The only thing I'm seeing about Terraria on Vita is that they're looking into it, which is far from is coming out this month. I don't see a single thing about Giana Sisters on Vita at all from a google search.

sorry I meant they are both coming to PSN not Vita, my reading comprehension is a bit low at the moment (its been a long day). Terraria originally had a Feb/Mar release date announced but the chance of it coming out by the end of the month are slim since the developers haven't released a solid release date. Giana Sisters on the other hand is coming out 3/20 on XBLA and "a few days later" on PSN according to the devs and you are right this one has no plans for a vita version that I know of

AnQAzfm.png

#8832 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Quick question. I got a one month ps+ trial. However I have ps+ paid off until december. Will the one month tack on to make it good til the end of January? Or does it just add into what I have already making it better to give away to a friend?

It will add an extra 30 days to your subscription.

Well crap. I thought for some reason you could not add a trial to an existing PS+ account. I gave my code away on the drop thread. Oh well. I guess I was rewarded though since I logged on today and found a $10 code waiting. Not sure what to buy though. Thinking I Am Alive but I would not mind getting 2 free games out of the credit.

#8833 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

If you're talking about the most recent 30-day trials from PlayStation.fr, I don't think those stack since anyone could have grabbed a dozen of them and had a year's worth of PS+ pro bono.

#8834 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

I'll be doing a stream of God of War: Ascension single-player and maybe multiplayer if my bandwidth allows, if anybody here wants to see it in action. If MP doesn't work out, I'll switch over to Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien for the second half.

#8835 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

If you're talking about the most recent 30-day trials from PlayStation.fr, I don't think those stack since anyone could have grabbed a dozen of them and had a year's worth of PS+ pro bono.

I had one from the GoW: Origins Collection. It is not a huge deal but I would have added it if I thought it would have worked.

#8836 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Here's a screencap with details on what I did below it:

Spoiler

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing Frisky. Yours are quite a bit more in-depth than mine. I should have kept track of prices from the beginning, but I didn't. I just keep track of game and date purchased, and whether I've beat it or not.

There has even been rumblings of Minecraft on PS3 (and hopefully Vita). Honestly, Mojang would be stupid not to do it after their 360-exclusivity deal is over. Minecraft sells like crazy and I'd LOVE to have it on my Vita.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#8837 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Very interesting, thanks for sharing Frisky. Yours are quite a bit more in-depth than mine. I should have kept track of prices from the beginning, but I didn't. I just keep track of game and date purchased, and whether I've beat it or not.

I have my prices but never thought of putting whether I beat them or not and the play time. I guess I might be revising my spreadsheets. Another task to keep the illusion of being busy. :D

#8838 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

There has even been rumblings of Minecraft on PS3 (and hopefully Vita). Honestly, Mojang would be stupid not to do it after their 360-exclusivity deal is over. Minecraft sells like crazy and I'd LOVE to have it on my Vita.

I'd imagine that they locked up console exclusivity for a while, so PS4/Vita would probably be more likely. Terraria should be a nice alternative for the time being on PS3.

#8839 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

The God of War: Ascension stream is live.

#8840 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

I just tried out the Asphalt Vita demo, and it's not bad. It's not Forza, but it's not bad at all. I think I'll pick that one up. I need a good driving game for the Vita. Wipeout is a little too twitchy, and Motorstorm RC... isn't driving.

#8841 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

I just tried out the Asphalt Vita demo, and it's not bad. It's not Forza, but it's not bad at all. I think I'll pick that one up. I need a good driving game for the Vita. Wipeout is a little too twitchy, and Motorstorm RC... isn't driving.

Was just coming to say I like Asphalt! Worth every penny!:)

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#8842 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

For anyone who has bought Scott Pilgrim versus the world online dlc how is it? I heard it lags badly is that the case?
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#8843 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

For anyone who has bought Scott Pilgrim versus the world online dlc how is it? I heard it lags badly is that the case?

I played an online game 2 nights ago and had no lag at all.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#8844 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

I played an online game 2 nights ago and had no lag at all.

Thanks for the reply.
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#8845 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

Maybe I just suck at Sound Shapes now but I played the first two community levels and they're fuckin horrendous.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8846 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

When does the PSN blog usually announce the upcoming week's new deals? Waiting to see if there's anything else good next week I should spend money on instead of buying Rayman Origins now.

#8847 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

When does the PSN blog usually announce the upcoming week's new deals?

Mondays, generally.

#8848 JahKingSouLJaH

JahKingSouLJaH

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

does SQUARE ENIX have a SALE for Deus Ex????????????

#8849 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

No.

#8850 JahKingSouLJaH

JahKingSouLJaH

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:37 PM