Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#871 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

splash screens

Saw your earlier post about Ghostbusters, if you haven't deleted the game data from your ps3, the splash screen and music will still show up when you highlight it there under the Game Data section. I've noticed this for some others games too, but not all games.
Posted Image

#872 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

1 and 2 were made by different developers and most people agreed that Bioshock 2 was an awful game. While it wasn't THAT BAD, it's nowhere near on par with Bioshock.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "most people" disliked Bioshock 2 when it managed to get an 88 Metacritic average. Bioshock 1 has a stronger story and the atmosphere feels fresh and unique. Bioshock 2 is a much, much better playing game if for nothing else than there's a reason to use more than just your melee weapon throughout the entire game. While each game has its own strengths and weaknesses they are both still very solid games.

#873 SnowMeow

SnowMeow

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Haha, right Thrinn. I used the wrench for everything in Bioshock 1.

**Tiny Spoiler**

Easiest method of defeating the final boss - the wrench works for every form.

#874 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

I wouldn't go so far as to say "most people" disliked Bioshock 2 when it managed to get an 88 Metacritic average. Bioshock 1 has a stronger story and the atmosphere feels fresh and unique. Bioshock 2 is a much, much better playing game if for nothing else than there's a reason to use more than just your melee weapon throughout the entire game. While each game has its own strengths and weaknesses they are both still very solid games.

I actually liked Bioshock 2 a lot and wasn't aware of all the hate for the game. Like you said, It wasn't as good as the first one but it's still a great game IMO.

#875 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

at least more people will be playing bioshock 2 multiplayer, i still have to get a few stupid online trophies and it was looking pretty dead/broken.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#876 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

1 and 2 were made by different developers and most people agreed that Bioshock 2 was an awful game. While it wasn't THAT BAD, it's nowhere near on par with Bioshock.

I think the 88 critic score and 8.3 user score on Metacritic would say that most people enjoyed the crap out of Bioshock 2. I have never once (other than your post) heard it referred to as an "awful game."

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Ohridgens

#877 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Only bad stuff for Bioshock 2 was the mp and the best weapon in the game the wrench cannot be used in the story.

the dlc is very good tho
-Protector Trials
-Minerva's Den

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#878 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I Also just noticed that Christmas falls on a Tuesday, I wonder if they'll do a Monday or Wednesday update that week so they can give everyone Tuesday off.

christmas was on a sunday last year

they had a huge sale the tuesday before and that same sale lasted all the way until the new year, giving them a long holiday break

#879 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

I think the 88 critic score and 8.3 user score on Metacritic would say that most people enjoyed the crap out of Bioshock 2. I have never once (other than your post) heard it referred to as an "awful game."

I like how review scores are only applicable if they're on your side. Spelunker HD is also like a 56 on Metacritic, yet most people here seem to like it and others would agree it's got enough value to justify the "average" score of 7. Call of Duty Declassified is a 31, yet there are over 100 "green" user scores for that game and plenty of people that defend that game like it's amazing. In the end, the truth is relative.

I've only seen people complain about the game being bad or not as good as 1 and I've seen it regarded as one of the worst multiplayer experiences this generation. This in my opinion lead to all the sales / deals that we've seen. (it's been $5 dollars at least 5 different times, is one of the most common collectors editions and many places still had it in stock after a year...) After this people had lower expectations and thus the game was regarded a bit higher.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#880 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Just got an alert to update my Vita to version 2.01. I don't recall hearing anything about it...

EDIT: In Googling it, I guess it has something to do with fixing cloud saving, which I didn't know was broken.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#881 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

I loved Bioshock 1 and thought that when Bioshock 2 was announced that it was going to be a disastrous cash-in attempt to turn a single game into a franchise. Then I actually gave #2 a chance and couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it.

Easily an 8/10 in my book, it was plenty challenging (especially since I only play Bioshock without those stupid fucking revival chambers enabled) and the story ended up being far more interesting than I originally thought it would be. Others are right that the going value of the game makes it a little silly as a PS+ offering, but if the DLC goes on sale afterward I'm very interested in Minerva's Den.

And, if you haven't played it, give it a shot, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#882 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Just got an alert to update my Vita to version 2.01. I don't recall hearing anything about it...

EDIT: In Googling it, I guess it has something to do with fixing cloud saving, which I didn't know was broken.

Doesn't auto-upload saves for me, so I hope that's the fix!

I have to say, now that I 'get it' - Vita + WiFi Content Manager + PS+ = smaller memory cards make more sense. Moving content around wirelessly to your PC/PS3 and uploading saves is pretty slick.

Wish this update would hurry up, was just getting ready to dig in to PS All Stars.

#883 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

I like how review scores are only applicable if they're on your side. Spelunker HD is also like a 56 on Metacritic, yet most people here seem to like it and others would agree it's got enough value to justify the "average" score of 7. Call of Duty Declassified is a 31, yet there are over 100 "green" user scores for that game and plenty of people that defend that game like it's amazing. In the end, the truth is relative.

I've only seen people complain about the game being bad or not as good as 1 and I've seen it regarded as one of the worst multiplayer experiences this generation. This in my opinion lead to all the sales / deals that we've seen. (it's been $5 dollars at least 5 different times, is one of the most common collectors editions and many places still had it in stock after a year...) After this people had lower expectations and thus the game was regarded a bit higher.

Wow, come on. Just because it's someone's opinion doesn't mean it can't be ridiculous. If people honestly believe Bioshock 2 had the worst multiplayer of this generation they obviously haven't played Brink, Duke Nukem, Call of Juarez: The Cartel or Mindjack, and those are just from the top of my head. Don't get me wrong, Bioshock 2's multiplayer was tacked on just like the others but there's many more titles that deserve "worst multiplayer of this gen." I think people were just disappointed in Bioshock 2 because there was a lot of anticipation and they were expecting it to be better than the first.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#884 Menez

Menez

We were born to die.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Crap, I paid $20 for Bioshock 2 when that was still a good deal. Yes, It's still in my backlog D:

#885 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Doesn't auto-upload saves for me, so I hope that's the fix!

I have to say, now that I 'get it' - Vita + WiFi Content Manager + PS+ = smaller memory cards make more sense. Moving content around wirelessly to your PC/PS3 and uploading saves is pretty slick.

Wish this update would hurry up, was just getting ready to dig in to PS All Stars.

Oh, I didn't know it was going to be able to auto-upload saves, that's cool. Hopefully this is the fix then!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#886 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Free Bioshock 2 means I can buy Minerva's Den the next time it goes on sale! I've heard it's the best story DLC in a game, ever, so I'm rather interested in getting it.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#887 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

If people honestly believe Bioshock 2 had the worst multiplayer of this generation they obviously haven't played Brink, Duke Nukem, Call of Juarez: The Cartel or Mindjack, and those are just from the top of my head.

In fairness, all those games you named came out *after* Bioshock 2. So *maybe* BS2 was the "worst" upon release (to those people), then the crappier games came out later. I dont really have a dog in this fight (never played either Bioshock), just offering a point of view.
Posted Image

#888 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

My only issue with Bioshock 2 is that it is more of an expansion pack than a true sequel.

I enjoyed it but I can't say it was an original experience at all.

#889 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

I like how review scores aren't applicable if they're not on your side. All I'm saying is that you claimed that all these people are calling Bioshock 2 an "awful game", and trying to use the only data available to mention that it's not. It's greatly misleading to call it an awful game, when it's not. It sounds like you don't like it, and thought everyone was in agreement with you, so you made a generalization. And call of duty might have 100 "green" scores, but it still has a 31 and a 5.4. That tells you, that looking at all the good scores people have given it...it's still a shitty game. In regards to review scores, there are people who are going to like crappy games, and someone's perfect 10 might be another person's 5. But generally, if the game has an 88...it's a damn good game. No, it's not as good as the first, but it's hardly "the worst multiplayer experience of this generation."

And yes, it's been on sale a lot. So every game that goes on sale, or is in high abundance is an awful game? Good to know.

Wow, come on. Just because it's someone's opinion doesn't mean it can't be ridiculous. If people honestly believe Bioshock 2 had the worst multiplayer of this generation they obviously haven't played Brink, Duke Nukem, Call of Juarez: The Cartel or Mindjack, and those are just from the top of my head. Don't get me wrong, Bioshock 2's multiplayer was tacked on just like the others but there's many more titles that deserve "worst multiplayer of this gen." I think people were just disappointed in Bioshock 2 because there was a lot of anticipation and they were expecting it to be better than the first.

I 100% agree with you here. After a game performs as well as Bioshock, any sequel is going to get hyped like crazy, and will always fall short. That seems to be the trend in the games industry this gen. Make an awesome new IP...make a sequel and add features no one ever asked for. Sequel falls flat because too much time was spent on those new features and not enough concentration on polishing what people loved.

One series that seemed to avoid this trap was Uncharted. First game was great, but the second outperformed it in terms of reception and sales.

ProfessorStotch.png

Ohridgens

#890 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

I actually enjoyed the multiplayer a lot. It wasn't the best around but it's a long way from worst this gen. Mixing plasmids and setting traps for people never got old. My only complaint was every once in awhile it'd pick the worst host possible and we'd have huge spikes of unplayable lag. Other than that it was a blast.
I don't think anyone actually expected it to be better than 1. It has it's own charm and flaws. And some of the set piece fights I'll never be able to forget. I'd give it a 8/10. I'd still recommend people play 1 first. If you haven't played 1 first I imagine it'd feel more like a 6/10.

One series that seemed to avoid this trap was Uncharted. First game was great, but the second outperformed it in terms of reception and sales.

Sidenote: I've never finished Uncharted 2 because I picked up 2 copies (one redbox and one gamefly) and both of them froze on me every time at the part where you try to get off the burning train. The sound would cut out during the cutscene and then never load the next playable section. So in my opinion 2 was a huge step backward as far as quality control is concerned.

#891 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Sidenote: I've never finished Uncharted 2 because I picked up 2 copies (one redbox and one gamefly) and both of them froze on me every time at the part where you try to get off the burning train. The sound would cut out during the cutscene and then never load the next playable section. So in my opinion 2 was a huge step backward as far as quality control is concerned.

I have yet to play the second one. The first one bored me. I picked up the third because I loved the multiplayer beta, and I actually really like the single player (playing through on Crushing difficulty now) and I also liked Golden Abyss. I know the second is generally considered the best of the series, so I'll save that for last.

ProfessorStotch.png

Ohridgens

#892 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

I like how review scores aren't applicable if they're not on your side. All I'm saying is that you claimed that all these people are calling Bioshock 2 an "awful game", and trying to use the only data available to mention that it's not. It's greatly misleading to call it an awful game, when it's not. It sounds like you don't like it, and thought everyone was in agreement with you, so you made a generalization. And call of duty might have 100 "green" scores, but it still has a 31 and a 5.4. That tells you, that looking at all the good scores people have given it...it's still a shitty game. In regards to review scores, there are people who are going to like crappy games, and someone's perfect 10 might be another person's 5. But generally, if the game has an 88...it's a damn good game. No, it's not as good as the first, but it's hardly "the worst multiplayer experience of this generation."

And yes, it's been on sale a lot. So every game that goes on sale, or is in high abundance is an awful game? Good to know.

I can get into a long winded debate with you, but as you keep proving, you just want to start shit with me. I've always seen and heard Bioshock 2 being thrown in a negative light, so thats my PERCEPTION of reality. As I've already stated, I think people went in with lowered expectations and were surprised that it wasn't that bad. Ninja Gaiden 3 also got super low review scores, poor sales and tons of hate, but I still enjoyed it (it wasn't true to the series though) on the Wii U and suspect the hate is a big part to it.

Finally I am tossing you on my ignore list, so if you reply to me, you won't get a reply.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#893 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Maybe u got a bad disc cause i never had any problems.

My copy was new.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#894 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Finally started up TerRover and I'm getting a Trials vibe from it in with the way it handles with regards to the necessity to shift weight to get through or past some obstacles. It's not adhering to that style of realistic physics or anything like that, so the controls are a lot more twitchy here and it takes a bit to get used to that. It's easy to flip your little robot tank around like crazy if you're not careful.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#895 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Ok, I will be getting a vita soon from a trade with another cag. I read the faq about playstation+ so uncharted golden abyss is still able to download if you're a member of PS+? I may only be a member for 3 months so can I digital copy at a discounted rate right before my subscription expires? I'm a total sony noob and this will be my first sony console since the ps1 (it wasn't really my brothers, but I played it like it was mine).
Posted Image

#896 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Any idea how long the Growlanser sale is for? I was gonna buy it, then remembered the Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 DLC was on sale too.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#897 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

In fairness, all those games you named came out *after* Bioshock 2. So *maybe* BS2 was the "worst" upon release (to those people), then the crappier games came out later. I dont really have a dog in this fight (never played either Bioshock), just offering a point of view.

We could argue that but the reason I responded was because he said "this generation." In my post and his post we didn't mention anything pertaining to the year it came out.

P.S. Naughty Bear came out that year

I 100% agree with you here. After a game performs as well as Bioshock, any sequel is going to get hyped like crazy, and will always fall short. That seems to be the trend in the games industry this gen. Make an awesome new IP...make a sequel and add features no one ever asked for. Sequel falls flat because too much time was spent on those new features and not enough concentration on polishing what people loved.

But Uncharted 1 and 2 were both developed by Naughty Dog (Uncharted 1 had an extra developer, Cerny Games). Bioshock 1 was developed by 2K Boston (now known as Irrational Games) and Bioshock 2 was developed by 2K Marin and 2K China with Digital Extremes producing the multiplayer.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#898 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Finally started up TerRover and I'm getting a Trials vibe from it in with the way it handles with regards to the necessity to shift weight to get through or past some obstacles. It's not adhering to that style of realistic physics or anything like that, so the controls are a lot more twitchy here and it takes a bit to get used to that. It's easy to flip your little robot tank around like crazy if you're not careful.

Wow that's funny, I played it for about an hour tonight and Trials is the first thing I thought of as well, both in regards to having to correctly shift the weight and the frustration of not doing something correctly and flipping over.

It's definitely an interesting game, for $2.50 I won't have any regrets, but I'm not sure if I'll see it all the way through. I think someone would need to be a little bit of a masochist to thoroughly enjoy TerRover.

#899 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Sony confirmed via Twitter that there'll be a Vita firmware update 2.01 coming soon that'll fix the issues with automatic synching of PS Plus game saves.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#900 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

How much will Under Defeat cost on PSN? I forgot I had it ordered from Newegg(not Amazon), so need to pick it up still. If it's $30 I'll just get the physical copy.

i'd love to play a vita port of under defeat, but if i bought it on ps3 it would probably just go straight to the backlog since i'm rarely home.