Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9091 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Tekken 6 is pretty fun. Now I have that, BlazBlue, UMvC3, and MK on my Vita.

#9092 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

which model would you say is best? And what would be a decent price for it? I really haven't been keeping up with the PSP, because it always seemed rather expensive

Avoid the PSP-3000 unless you absolutely have to have better LCD Response time. Image quality on a whole is degraded due to sawtooth like interlacing artifacts ,over saturated colors and poor screen uniformity
PSP 3k
https://images.eurog.../3000_1.JPG.jpg

PSP 1k
https://images.eurog.../1000_1.JPG.jpg

PSP e-1k
https://images.eurog..._1000_1.JPG.jpg

Get a PSP-Go and hack it. It has the best screen out of all of them and 16GB of memory built in(Download any UMD games you own off the net and run them as ISOs off memory once hacked) Or a 2k and hack that.
I'm not sure about the E1k. The screen seems to be the same as the 1k with a slightly lower gamma. It's the only one I have not personally owned or tested so I can't vouch for it's quality. (Other than mono sound and no wifi)

I'm still hoping for a Resident Evil Sale. Since there was Capcom PSP this week. Maybe next week... :p one can hope

#9093 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Please move Atelier Totori to the PS3 section, its not a Vita title.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#9094 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Atelier Totori Plus is a vita game.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#9095 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

If it were a PS3 game, I would. It's still a Vita game unless the PS Store is lying about it.

http://www.siliconer...top-in-the-u-s/

#9096 dncarolyn

dncarolyn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Thanks to all for the tips re: P3P vs P4G! The prices are so good and with the $50 promo, I think I will grab both and start with P4G. If it's as good as everyone says, I won't have any problems dealing with the slight downgrade of mechanics in P3P.

Now, to find a deal on a 32gb stick..

#9097 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Did anyone pick it up? Any impressions? :o

#9098 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

I could have sworn we were getting free Vitas.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9099 domon

domon

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Avoid the PSP-3000 unless you absolutely have to have better LCD Response time. Image quality on a whole is degraded due to sawtooth like interlacing artifacts ,over saturated colors and poor screen uniformity
PSP 3k
https://images.eurog.../3000_1.JPG.jpg

PSP 1k
https://images.eurog.../1000_1.JPG.jpg

PSP e-1k
https://images.eurog..._1000_1.JPG.jpg

Get a PSP-Go and hack it. It has the best screen out of all of them and 16GB of memory built in(Download any UMD games you own off the net and run them as ISOs off memory once hacked) Or a 2k and hack that.
I'm not sure about the E1k. The screen seems to be the same as the 1k with a slightly lower gamma. It's the only one I have not personally owned or tested so I can't vouch for it's quality. (Other than mono sound and no wifi)

I'm still hoping for a Resident Evil Sale. Since there was Capcom PSP this week. Maybe next week... :p one can hope

The go also has the ability to connect to a ps3 controller on top of the video out capability, so you can almost have a mini console that is extremely portable. I don't know if they're still selling them, but gamestop might have used Gos for $60. There's also a seller on ebay doing 8 gb m2s for $10.50 (magicgate supported, so legit).

#9100 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

i wasnt even trying and i got a huge backlog on vita. i dont have enough free time to play all these games. #FirstWorldProblems

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#9101 KJAZZ

KJAZZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

What's the deal with getting free games on the browser PSN store? It has their total in my cart rather than saying $0.00 and I definitely still have plus...

#9102 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

I've heard Persona was a base Yu-gi-oh clone.

#9103 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

What's the deal with getting free games on the browser PSN store? It has their total in my cart rather than saying $0.00 and I definitely still have plus...

Worked fine and free for me on the browser.

#9104 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

I've heard Persona was a base Yu-gi-oh clone.

You heard wrong.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#9105 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

i wasnt even trying and i got a huge backlog on vita. i dont have enough free time to play all these games. #FirstWorldProblems

You're definitely not the only one. I'm approaching 50 games installed on my Vita, although only about 20 are Vita games.

#9106 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Is persona 2 at $15 a good deal? Has it ever been cheaper on PSN?

#9107 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Before, owners of the PS3 version only had the option to buy it for $7.99 despite the PS+ sale, but now it seems like they're fixing the price for us.

Still not fixed for me.

decker%2001.jpg

#9108 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

Forget time; I can always make time somewhere. It's the memory card space that kills me. So many games I just can't get to because I'd have to delete too much just to try them out.

decker%2001.jpg

#9109 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

I'm so torn on whether or not I should buy Monster Hunter.

Be sure to download adhocParty on your PS3 so you can play the game online. Go to PSN and you will find it under PSP addons.

Is this game any fun playing solo? I want to use adhocParty, but it requires the PS3 to have a wired connection and I don't want a cable going through the stairs.

#9110 KJAZZ

KJAZZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Worked fine and free for me on the browser.

Weird. Works now. Wonder if it had anything to do with that downtime earlier. Glad I didn't check out earlier.

#9111 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Has anyone played Capcom Classics Collections on their Vita? I would love to pick em both up. Does the ad-hoc multiplayer work fairly well? Seems like that would be a blast for multiplayer. Are you happy with the way it looks on your Vita?

Eyeing Darkstalkers and Powerstone as well. Any comments on them?

Thanks cagbros!

#9112 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

Its working for vita.

Is Nun Attack worth $3?

i just bought it. it's a battleheart clone, and battleheart on ipad rocks. BH has been cloned to death on ios, but nun attack is supposed to be fun and has trophies, so i can't complain.

#9113 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

same here. my vita is practically replacing my ps3. i spent tonight playing rayman instead of whatever game i was playing on my ps3 (i can't even remember). and let's not even talk about how many hours i've invested into sine mora (and some of those trophies still seem completely out of reach, lol).

#9114 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Really surprised that Atelier Totori Plus released without any announcement! Does Tecmo Koei even care about marketing the series?
Posted Image

#9115 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

My PS+ ends tomorrow. Do I have to manually deactivate it to prevent automatic resubscribing?

Really hope I can get it back sometime soon. Unless someone here has some PS+ codes they're willing to part with for some guides.

#9116 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Life of Pixel 1.99
Super Stardust Delta 4.89
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition 5.87
Sound Shapes 7.34
PS+ 15months 49.99
Sine Mora 4.89
Dokuro 6.99
Rayman Origins 13.22
Lumines 13.22
Rocketbirds 5.99
Nuns Attack 2.99

should be getting $20 back... another $33 or so would allow me to get $30 back..

dang looking at all the Capcom and Persona games... tempted

but I somehow regret getting Rayman Origins now.. just remembered I have it on Steam :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#9117 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I thought I was done spending money this month, but those Capcom classic collections are tempting.

Since the PS Store doesn't list what's in the Reloaded collection, here's a list:
http://en.wikipedia....ection_Reloaded

1943 Kai
Commando
Eco Fighters
Exed Exes
Ghosts'n Goblins
Ghouls'n Ghosts
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Gun.Smoke
The King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Mercs
Pirate Ship Higemaru
SonSon
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Vulgus

#9118 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Will Disgaea 3 Vita saves from the cart based version work on the DD version? Thinking about trading it in since we are getting it from Plus but I don't want to sacrifice the 30 hours I already have on it. :(

#9119 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Do it, you can easily get 200+ hours of play out of it.

Is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite a good starting point for someone who has never played a Monster Hunter game? I am intrigued by the series but concerned that a PSP game may not look or play as well as I would like and might seem disappointing. Do gameplay and graphics hold up well on the Vita?

#9120 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

I thought I was done spending money this month, but those Capcom classic collections are tempting.

Since the PS Store doesn't list what's in the Reloaded collection, here's a list:
http://en.wikipedia....ection_Reloaded

Crap... I already have this on my psp... but being able to play this on a larger, hi-res screen is so tempting for $5!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8