Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9121 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Will Disgaea 3 Vita saves from the cart based version work on the DD version? Thinking about trading it in since we are getting it from Plus but I don't want to sacrifice the 30 hours I already have on it. :(

In my limited experience (having not tested this with Disgaea specifically), if you have Plus and you cloud save, you can cloud save from a cart game, delete the cart game info, download the digital copy from PSN and retrieve the cloud save and it'll work ok in the digital copy.

If you can wait until next week I'll be doing exactly that with Disgaea 3 and I'd be happy to report back.

#9122 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

My PS+ ends tomorrow. Do I have to manually deactivate it to prevent automatic resubscribing?

Really hope I can get it back sometime soon. Unless someone here has some PS+ codes they're willing to part with for some guides.

If I recall correctly, on your PS3, go to Account Management > Services List > PS+ to turn off auto renew.

#9123 Gorvi

Gorvi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Has anyone played Capcom Classics Collections on their Vita? I would love to pick em both up. Does the ad-hoc multiplayer work fairly well? Seems like that would be a blast for multiplayer. Are you happy with the way it looks on your Vita?

This, I need to know this. Anyone try it yet? I know they're on the list as being transferable from the PS3 to the Vita, but I had heard about some games that used to work that way not working anymore. $9.98 for all of those games would be crazy to have with me on the Vita (I already have them on UMD on the PSP).

#9124 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Much like the other users here, I'm quite impressed by the Capcom Collection sale. Glad I held off on buying Oddworld in order to top off my $50 for the month, esp since it isn't on sale anymore. I'm quite tempted to bite on both Capcom Collections (along with P3P), but are both collections worth it? Reloaded looks like it has a much better catalog than Remixed, though Strider and Magic Sword might make it worth it.
Posted Image

#9125 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Finally another Persona sale. I missed out in the last sale because I didn't have a vita at the time. I'm thinking of getting Monster Hunter as well. Sony is killing me with all these rpgs on sale. First FF sale and now Persona. Hopefully I have enough room on my new $16gb memory card.

#9126 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Gah, I'm torn on Monster Hunter. Never played the series before but have always heard great things about it. My just have to bite on it and make that half of my $20 left to go. Already have the Persona games or I'd be all over that.

#9127 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

The trophy page has a new design.

example from my profile

http://us.playstatio...nename=rpg49ers

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale <-- TLOU Remastered(PS4) P

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#9128 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

I can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger on the Persona games. I'm willing to listen to arguments to do so, though. I have seen all the glowing reviews, and I don't think I've seen a single bad one yet, but I just don't know if the games would be good for me.

I've never been much into RPGs. I like current "Western" RPGs like Skyrim, Fallout 3, Two Worlds II, Risen 2. I never could get into Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, any of the DnD stuff. I like Might and Magic Clash of Heroes. I've never played Final Fantasy games other than Tactics (which I did like, but it's not really an RPG).

The sheer number of people singing the praises of P4G and P3P has me intrigued though.

#9129 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I've only ever played P4G. Do any of the original 3 hold up? Which is most like P4G in tone?

#9130 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Much like the other users here, I'm quite impressed by the Capcom Collection sale. Glad I held off on buying Oddworld in order to top off my $50 for the month, esp since it isn't on sale anymore. I'm quite tempted to bite on both Capcom Collections (along with P3P), but are both collections worth it? Reloaded looks like it has a much better catalog than Remixed, though Strider and Magic Sword might make it worth it.

Yes, both are worth it. Aside from what you mentioned Remixed also has 1941, Captain Commando, Final Fight, Forgotten Worlds, and Three Wonders which are all pretty fun.

I would actually say that Remixed overall is better imo because it has more variety. Though Reloaded does have Knights of the Round and King of Dragons so it's hard to choose.

#9131 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

I've only ever played P4G. Do any of the original 3 hold up? Which is most like P4G in tone?

At least Persona 3 is an amazing game and the other three are pending my playthrough. From what I've read, P4G is similar overall to Persona 3.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#9132 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Persona 3 is definitely worth picking up, if you loved 4 you'll like 3 as well(though whether Portable or FES is the better version to get is debatable). The first two are quite a bit different(no social links and such) so you may want to look more into before spending money on them.

#9133 n3rdburn

n3rdburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

In on Persona. Thanks!!
Posted Image

#9134 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Will Disgaea 3 Vita saves from the cart based version work on the DD version? Thinking about trading it in since we are getting it from Plus but I don't want to sacrifice the 30 hours I already have on it. :(

http://forums.naught...s/td-p/37315435
The last 2 comments will answer you question.

#9135 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

The sheer number of people singing the praises of P4G and P3P has me intrigued though.

Persona 3 and 4 are kinda in their own class because of the social link system. Basically, between the times when you are fighting, during the day you are a normal high school student going to class and hanging with people after school. These relationships build up your social links, which allow you to make more powerful Personas to use.

The games feature strong character arcs and people you can really care about. Combat can be a little grindy, but it is about as grindy as you make it at times.

Personally, I don't think there are games quite like the Persona series, and they deserve all the praise they get.
Posted Image

#9136 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

For anyone on the fence about Persona 2: IS - yes, it may be a bit more dated than 3 and 4, and plays almost completely differently, but it's also got Hitler wearing shades.

Posted Image

#9137 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hmm....Rocketbirds still not fixed. This kind of sucks.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9138 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I'm secretly hoping they bring the PSP version of the Persona 2: EP someday.. :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#9139 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm secretly hoping they bring the PSP version of the Persona 2: EP someday.. :/

What's different between the ps1 EP and psp EP?

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9140 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hmm....Rocketbirds still not fixed. This kind of sucks.

What do you mean? The price? If so, I was able to get it for $5.99 last night. I'm a PS+ member, but don't own it on the PS3.

#9141 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

^Exactly. People who do own it on PS3 can't get the $5.99 price, because for some reason it's being superseded by the 20% off loyalty price we regularly get on it.

It's been mentioned several times on the blog and I've posted it along with one other guy on the community forums, so hopefully Morgan sees it and is able to do something about it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9142 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Mostly it just looks a bit better and it's better formatted for the PSP, but there's also an extra story scenario (which apparently helps link it to Persona 3/4? I don't know; I tried not to spoil myself but seeing as we'll never get it I might as well look it up), and the PSX translation, while still miles better than Persona 1/Revelations: Persona, is still not great and doesn't line up perfectly with the PSP translation of Persona 2: IS.

#9143 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

PS1 release in the US was censored and had cut content(some side quest in the game, not sure of all the details) as well as a crap localization. Atlus USA wasn't what they are now back then.

#9144 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

thanks for the heads up. i've played p1 &p3fes, skipped right over p2 until i could find a good price. might start innocent sin and hold off on buying EP for now.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9145 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Didn't see anything mentioned here or in the compatibility thread; is there a way to get PSP demos on the Vita? Never played a Monster Hunter and $10 seems like a good price to try.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9146 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Didn't see anything mentioned here or in the compatibility thread; is there a way to get PSP demos on the Vita? Never played a Monster Hunter and $10 seems like a good price to try.

Not that I know of, I don't believe you can do that. I really liked Munster hunter for the PSP, I got in about 30 hours before I took a break from it.
Posted Image

#9147 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

For whatever reason, a number of PSP demos show as being Vita compatible on the web store. So it might be worth a try to purchase them and see if you can download them to your Vita directly from the download list. If that doesn't work, the only other avenue would be trying to download them onto your PS3 and see if they transfer over to the Vita. If neither of those work, then there's no way to try them out without a Vita.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#9148 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Tempted to pick up Persona 1, but as I'm currently playing through P2:IS I don't see the need for it.

I disliked the high school dating sim/social link stuff in P3.
I wouldn't mind trying P4, but only have a PSP and not a Vita at this time.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#9149 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

For whatever reason, a number of PSP demos show as being Vita compatible on the web store. So it might be worth a try to purchase them and see if you can download them to your Vita directly from the download list. If that doesn't work, the only other avenue would be trying to download them onto your PS3 and see if they transfer over to the Vita. If neither of those work, then there's no way to try them out without a Vita.

Thanks, neither of those worked though the Mini BreakQuest didn't show up either so I may be doing something wrong.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#9150 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

My PS+ ends tomorrow. Do I have to manually deactivate it to prevent automatic resubscribing?

Really hope I can get it back sometime soon. Unless someone here has some PS+ codes they're willing to part with for some guides.

If I recall correctly, on your PS3, go to Account Management > Services List > PS+ to turn off auto renew.

You have to do it two places, you have to turn off it there and you also have to turn off auto funding in general which is Account Management >Transaction Management > Automatic Funding.

Guardian_owl.png