Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#901 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Ok, I will be getting a vita soon from a trade with another cag. I read the faq about playstation+ so uncharted golden abyss is still able to download if you're a member of PS+? I may only be a member for 3 months so can I digital copy at a discounted rate right before my subscription expires? I'm a total sony noob and this will be my first sony console since the ps1 (it wasn't really my brothers, but I played it like it was mine).

Uncharted will probably be there for another 5 months, so no worries on that front. However, you won't be able to get Uncharted at a discounted rate after, but you should be able to finish it in 3 months. There is no online, so it's not like it has endless replayablity.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#902 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

I can get into a long winded debate with you, but as you keep proving, you just want to start shit with me. I've always seen and heard Bioshock 2 being thrown in a negative light, so thats my PERCEPTION of reality. As I've already stated, I think people went in with lowered expectations and were surprised that it wasn't that bad. Ninja Gaiden 3 also got super low review scores, poor sales and tons of hate, but I still enjoyed it (it wasn't true to the series though) on the Wii U and suspect the hate is a big part to it.

Finally I am tossing you on my ignore list, so if you reply to me, you won't get a reply.

You're an Admiral, he's a captain, just pull rank on him.

#903 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

It's been confirmed that the first PlayStation All-Stars DLC stage will be a Heavenly Sword/WipEout mash-up. It will be free and part of the Kat/Emmett Graves DLC pack. And as previously mentioned, it will only be free for the first 2 weeks upon release.

Edited by PimpLimp, 04 December 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#904 J7.

J7.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Uncharted will probably be there for another 5 months, so no worries on that front. However, you won't be able to get Uncharted at a discounted rate after, but you should be able to finish it in 3 months. There is no online, so it's not like it has endless replayablity.

Are PS+ users unable to get any future discounts to work on any PS+ games they got for free? What if you did not (free purchase) one of the free PS+ games?

#905 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Soul Sacrifice Demo
DEC 20th
Japanese PSN
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#906 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Are PS+ users unable to get any future discounts to work on any PS+ games they got for free? What if you did not (free purchase) one of the free PS+ games?

I've not tried to re-buy a free game so I have no idea. And if you bought a game that later became free it doesn't matter. It has a record on your account of where you bought a full version (not one with an expiration).

#907 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Now this might sound confusing, but basically...

With plus + free = Listed as free.
With plus + obtained while free (no longer free) = it SHOULD prompt you to download it.
With plus + missed it while it was free = You're able to buy it and might get a plus discount.
Without plus + obtained with plus = You're free to buy at whatever the market value is.
Reactivated plus + things you got for free prior = Free again.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#908 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

I love me some cheap pinball tables.

#909 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

It's been confirmed that the first PlayStation All-Stars DLC stage will be a Heavenly Sword/WipEout mash-up. It will be free and part of the Kat/Emma Graves DLC pack. And as previously mentioned, it will only be free for the first 2 weeks upon release.

Hmm, kind of wish that idea of crossing Wipewout with Gravity Rush was used, but I'm still interested in seeing the stage & glad to hear that it's included with the two characters. Hopefully, they'll go this route for future DLC.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#910 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Finally I am tossing you on my ignore list, so if you reply to me, you won't get a reply.

What a lame reason haha

#911 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Sony confirmed via Twitter that there'll be a Vita firmware update 2.01 coming soon that'll fix the issues with automatic synching of PS Plus game saves.

I was forced to update last night, so it's already out there.

#912 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

It's been confirmed that the first PlayStation All-Stars DLC stage will be a Heavenly Sword/WipEout mash-up. It will be free and part of the Kat/Emmett Graves DLC pack. And as previously mentioned, it will only be free for the first 2 weeks upon release.

Dang can't wait for that DLC...which reminds me I need to get my copy of AllStars :D

#913 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Sound Shapes DLC Info. This is the DLC that's getting released today with the update to the store.

The DLC Details

Acoustic Sound Pack ($0.99)
Bring some clean analog tones to your game with five new acoustic instruments. Strum and pick a masterpiece with the guitars, dance across the ivories on the piano or thumb the unique sounds of the kalimba.

Drum Kits Sound Pack ($0.99)

This pack is all about rhythm. Snares, hi-hats, toms, and more let you groove to everything from a cool jazz backdrop to a driving rock beat. There’s even an electronic kit for some 80′s hip-hop style jams if that’s more your style.

8-Bit Sound Pack ($0.99)

Compose in the key of chiptune with bleeps, bloops, and other classic game sounds. It’s more than just chiptunes as you’ll get modern electronic synths, bass lines, and loops too. A variety packed pack for sure!

Curved Terrain Pack (free download)

This one’s for the platforming fans out there. Bend, stretch and shape curves to add smooth surfaces to your smooth beats. Many of you have been waiting for this, and it’s free today. (It’s also key for some future DLC, but we’ll keep that a surprise for now.)

#914 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Sound Shapes DLC Info. This is the DLC that's getting released today with the update to the store.

Despite it not being announced, I would LOVE to see a sale on this game to coincide with the DLC release. Definitely near the top of my "PSN Games I Want" list!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#915 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Despite it not being announced, I would LOVE to see a sale on this game to coincide with the DLC release. Definitely near the top of my "PSN Games I Want" list!

You didn't get a chance to get it when it was $12 for PS+ this summer? It's easily in my top 3 when it comes to Vita games. Probably the best non-retail Vita game period.

#916 mpaullin

mpaullin

Standby for Dishwasher Livestream

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

When I first read through this I thought that the new stage would be free too, but judging from a response made in the comments I don't think that will be the case:

"Hey AfroGamerNinja, while Kat and Emmett have indeed been announced as free for two weeks, we’re still figuring out how we’re going to handle Fearless. And if I understand your second question correctly, yes, the DLC is for both PS Vita and PS3."

Not a big deal though. Free new characters shows respect for the consumer, so I won't mind shelling out money for the stage.

#917 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

You didn't get a chance to get it when it was $12 for PS+ this summer? It's easily in my top 3 when it comes to Vita games. Probably the best non-retail Vita game period.

I did, and I passed on it, partially because I thought I wasn't getting a Vita until further down the line. Now that I own a Vita it's quite a bit more tempting, I would probably buy it even with just a 20% discount.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#918 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

While I agree it's good, I felt it got stale after I finished all the original levels. The user-created content wasn't good when I was playing at launch - has it improved?

Also, death-mode can kiss my pasty white ass.

Other excellent, non-retail games:
Retro City Rampage (Despite what IGN says)
Dokuro
Escape Plan
Mutant Blobs Attack
Super Stardust Delta
Sine Mora

#919 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Unless you don't count Dokuro, then I could see your point, though it doesn't really say much.

#920 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

When I first read through this I thought that the new stage would be free too, but judging from a response made in the comments I don't think that will be the case:

"Hey AfroGamerNinja, while Kat and Emmett have indeed been announced as free for two weeks, we’re still figuring out how we’re going to handle Fearless. And if I understand your second question correctly, yes, the DLC is for both PS Vita and PS3."

Not a big deal though. Free new characters shows respect for the consumer, so I won't mind shelling out money for the stage.

The link I posted was from IGN and they had a story about the stage up before the PS Blog did. It was clearly implied on IGN that the stage would be part of the same pack. I appreciate you clarifying that up though. How it's priced and if it's standalone or indeed part of some pack, will determine if I pick the DLC up if it turns out to not be free.

Here's a little more info about future Sound Shapes DLC and goodies. Sounds like something else is coming out before the year is over.

Oh, and one (ok, a few) more things… So the community has created over 15,000 levels (!) and we’ve been noting our favorites since launch. But how to share them? We have an idea! Coming in December is the Community Milkcrate – the best user-created content in Sound Shapes gathered and organized into themed albums, so you can find the levels that match your mood or play style. Chill, amped, long, short, tough as nails, and on and on. As part of the Milkcrate, we’ve been chatting with some rad musicians and game industry folks, and they’ll also be putting together collections of their favorites for you (their stuff coming in 2013). The new year will also bring a new vehicle DLC pack but before the big ‘13 we have a little holiday present from everyone here at Queasy — stay tuned!

Edited by PimpLimp, 04 December 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#921 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Unless you don't count Dokuro, then I could see your point, though it doesn't really say much.

I haven't really played Dokuro, so you could very well be right.

While I agree it's good, I felt it got stale after I finished all the original levels. The user-created content wasn't good when I was playing at launch - has it improved?

Refer to the post above this one. They're gathering all the good user-created content into albums.

Edited by PimpLimp, 04 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#922 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

$49.99 — Madden NFL 13, Madden Ultimate Team content ($20 value)
$49.99 — NCAA Football 13, Heisman Bundle ($20 value)
$49.99 — FIFA Soccer 13, 2200 FIFA Points for FIFA Ultimate Team ($20 value)
$59.99 — Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, Five Course Pack ($25 value)

http://blog.us.plays...t-today-on-psn/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#923 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

$49.99 — madden nfl 13, madden ultimate team content ($20 value)
$49.99 — ncaa football 13, heisman bundle ($20 value)
$49.99 — fifa soccer 13, 2200 fifa points for fifa ultimate team ($20 value)
$59.99 — tiger woods pga tour 13, five course pack ($25 value)

http://blog.us.plays...t-today-on-psn/

lmao! riiiiight.

#924 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Anyone able to try uncharted card game? I'm stuck at work... I'm really curious to know if it's worth $5 or an app store quality game that should have been $.99

#925 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Anyone able to try uncharted card game? I'm stuck at work... I'm really curious to know if it's worth $5 or an app store quality game that should have been $.99

I haven't played it, but if there was ever a game I expected to be free with plus... that would be it lol.

#926 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

It's not out yet.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#927 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

I haven't played it, but if there was ever a game I expected to be free with plus... that would be it lol.

Nah, Golden Abyss was just patched to integrate with the card game, given out for free to PS+ members, and then the card game is released for a low price. Pretty clear marketing strategy on their part.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#928 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

PS Store seems to be updated, still waiting on the blog post.

& for those interested in the Ni no Kuni demo, it's 2.6GB.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#929 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

the new store is so bad it's not even funny

anyway, zanac x zanac purchased. it's not supposed to work on Vita, but i'll check anyway.

#930 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

How is it so bad? I can find anything in a matter of seconds. Looks more modern and easy on the eyes, too.

NighT_Ryder31.png