Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9421 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Secret of Evermore rocks! I'll let the game's own marketing campaign reach the uninitiated.

thanks for video i would buy it if i still had a Snes i miss those awesome classics now days it shooter,shooter,shooter, random awesome game, shooter,shooter
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#9422 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

If you're the type of person that has to have a perfect run in your first playthrough of a JRPG, then neither of the Personas are going to be a good fit for you. I know P4G especially isn't possible to do a perfect run, so it's best to just play it for fun and make the choices that you think are best since that's the way to play it best.

Depends on what you mean by "perfect" - it takes effort, but it's possible to do all the achievements other than the ones that require NG+ on the first go-through.

#9423 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

p4's "gameplay mechanics" is in p3p

only p4 golden offers a little more, but P3 over all is better imo, story/cast of P4 kills it

edit: P4 cant be 100% completed first play through dude ha

#9424 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

If you're the type of person that has to have a perfect run in your first playthrough of a JRPG, then neither of the Personas are going to be a good fit for you. I know P4G especially isn't possible to do a perfect run, so it's best to just play it for fun and make the choices that you think are best since that's the way to play it best.

i'm not so OCD that i need to do an absolutely perfect run, but at the same time i really don't like feeling like i'm missing things.

so for example, the very first sidequest is a dude on a floor of the high school that asks the (imo) rather ridiculously hard riddle about sets of colors. the combination of needing to both
a) check every place for people like that vs. saving time by checking a guide to see where people are means that i'm already leaning towards using the guide since i hate wandering around looking for npcs.
and
b) the difficultly of that riddle + unknown reward for getting it right means i'm also going to want to check a guide.

multiply that sort of thing by 1000, add in social links needing to power up, and rare items only available in stores on certain days for limited times, and it drives me up a freakin' wall.

if you can be laid back about your first play through and just not care, that's awesome. but even though i'm not generally OCD, the particular way Persona is set up just messes with my head.

not to mention, even using a guide and speedrunning to every necessary person/item and having the proper answers in front of me, i still spend to much time doing social stuff i just don't care about.

again, i'm not trying to say the game sucks -- i think it's awesome. it's just not for me. if it was balanced 90 dungeon / 10 percent outside of dungeon i'd be much happier.

but for anyone who likes jrpgs for the stories, i can see why it's pretty much the perfect game.

#9425 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

http://blog.us.plays...3-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:

PS3

Bioshock Infinite
(Also on PSN) – Welcome to the city of Columbia. Floating amongst the clouds, cruising far above sea level, this is a place unlike any you’ve ever seen. Please enjoy your voyage…

The third game in the popular Bioshock series, BioShock Infinite breaks away from the underwater setting of the first two games to take players into a floating city held aloft by dirigibles. The game is set in 1912. You play as Booker DeWitt, a disgraced former private detective who’s picked up a new case. Your goal is to find Elizabeth, a young woman who’s gone missing and return her unharmed. The only problem is that she’s being kept on this flying city. Columbia was once a symbol of America’s success as a nation, floating around the world as a traveling World’s Fair, a marvel of human innovation. But strange things have happened since Columbia’s unveiling in 1900, and now the city has disappeared into the clouds. DeWitt knows how to find it, but over the years stories have been told about Columbia having unlawful heavy armament and deranged citizenry. Do not expect this to be a pleasure cruise.

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel (Also on PSN) – In Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel Players find themselves on the deadly streets of Mexico as Alpha and Bravo, two operatives working for Tactical Worldwide Operations (T.W.O.), a PMC outfit that drops them in the middle of a drug war conflict for an assignment full of corruption and deceit. With the ability to unleash the power of ultimate destruction, players will need to work together as their objectives unravel, allegiances begin to blur and they face off against a ruthless opposition.

Featuring both online and split-screen co-op, Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel gives players the chance to distinguish themselves from their friends by providing a deeper and more advanced upgrade and customization system. From the mask that protects them in battle to the very weapons that keep them alive, players can customize their own Alpha and Bravo to create the deadliest mercenary team as they see fit.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (PS Move Compatible / Also PSN) – Fans are able to battle nine of the greatest golf legends of all time in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14. AN all-new game mode called Legends of the Majors gives players a chance to travel back through time and relive the rich history of golf by matching up against the sport’s greatest legends, including Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through these legends in various eras and take each of them down to earn their own seat at the table of golf legends.

Hoisting the Claret Jug, breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major victories and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player’s reach. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 users, for the first time in franchise history, have a chance to go for the Grand Slam by playing historical events in all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship.

PSN

Machinarium
(PS Vita) – Machinarium is an indie game project created and released by Amanita Design. A puzzle / adventure game, this game focuses on a little robot who’s been thrown out to the scrap yard behind the city who must return and confront the Black Cap Brotherhood and save his robot-girl friend.

A-Men – A-men is a logic-based puzzle-platforming game focused on thought provoking puzzle scenarios, absorbing entertainment, and a charmingly classic art-style. March across four themed worlds and 40 complex action puzzle stages, using wits and quick movements to avoid dangers and unleash traps on foes who patrol your path.

PlayStation Move Fitness – Step into your own high-tech gym and start burning calories with your personal trainer. Grab two PlayStation Move motion controllers and work out in an enjoyably active training programme tailored just for you. Hit targets, perform punch combos and perfect your timing using the pinpoint accuracy of PlayStation Move. Compete with friends online via PlayStation Network or work out together and compare stats to see who’s progressing the fastest. Design your perfect exercise regime on Facebook with the Move Fitness: Workout Planner.

Tales of Graces F – Set amidst the conflict of three kingdoms competing for planetary dominance, Tales of Graces F follows Asbel Lhant and his friends as they come to discover just how far they will go to protect the bonds of friendship between them in a quest that stretches beyond their comprehension.

For the first time in the Tales of series, the combat system lets the player freely change attack style depending on the battle situation. The characters can fight with two different attacking styles, and the new combat system is easier to control while simultaneously adding new levels of tactical depth.

Terraria – Dig, fight, explore, build! Nothing is impossible in this action-packed adventure game. The world is your canvas and the ground itself is your paint.

Grab your tools and go! You can do many things in Terraria: make weapons and fight off a variety of enemies in numerous biomes, dig deep underground to find accessories, money, and other useful things, gather wood, stone, ores, and other resources to create everything you need to make the world your own and defend it. Build a house, a fort, even a castle, and people will move in to live there and perhaps even sell you different wares to assist you on your journey. But beware, there are even more challenges awaiting you … Are you up to the task?

WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship (PS Vita/PS3) – The official video game of the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship (WRC), WRC 3 marks a radical departure from the previous titles and sees the team using a completely new graphics and game engine, developed in-house, in order to bring the most advanced WRC driving experience to players. WRC 3 features all the rallies in the 2012 WRC calendar, complete with all leading WRC teams and drivers in the revamped career mode.

Demos

A-Men
PlayStation Move Fitness
Pure Chess

PlayStation 2 Classic

Nobunaga’s Ambition: Iron Triangle
– Compelled by a nation ravaged by war, it was legendary samurai Nobunaga Oda’s ambition to silence the cries of war and usher in a new era of lasting peace for Japan. In Nobunaga’s Ambition: Iron Triangle, video gamers can step into the role of Feudal Japan’s most powerful warlords and turn this magnificent vision of unification into a reality.

In Iron Triangle, the acquisition of knowledge and a firm grasp of technology are even more crucial to establishing the groundwork for the future of the country. Players must embrace technology, govern wisely and shrewdly, and prepare a near-invincible military force for war on land and at sea. Only with the mastery of these three elements, the “Iron Triangle,” will the nation be united under one sword and will Nobunaga’s dream be realized.

#9426 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

i'm not so OCD that i need to do an absolutely perfect run, but at the same time i really don't like feeling like i'm missing things.

so for example, the very first sidequest is a dude on a floor of the high school that asks the (imo) rather ridiculously hard riddle about sets of colors. the combination of needing to both
a) check every place for people like that vs. saving time by checking a guide to see where people are means that i'm already leaning towards using the guide since i hate wandering around looking for npcs.
and
b) the difficultly of that riddle + unknown reward for getting it right means i'm also going to want to check a guide.

multiply that sort of thing by 1000, add in social links needing to power up, and rare items only available in stores on certain days for limited times, and it drives me up a freakin' wall.

if you can be laid back about your first play through and just not care, that's awesome. but even though i'm not generally OCD, the particular way Persona is set up just messes with my head.

not to mention, even using a guide and speedrunning to every necessary person/item and having the proper answers in front of me, i still spend to much time doing social stuff i just don't care about.

again, i'm not trying to say the game sucks -- i think it's awesome. it's just not for me. if it was balanced 90 dungeon / 10 percent outside of dungeon i'd be much happier.

but for anyone who likes jrpgs for the stories, i can see why it's pretty much the perfect game.

Yeah, if you feel like you can't miss anything, then it's probably not the game for you.

The side quests just give you basic items or money, so you don't need to do them unless you want to get the respective trophy for it. If you don't like them, don't do them. The funky student riddle quests are the best in the game from what I've seen for the writing alone. Only obsessive players should bother getting worked up over them.

Unless you're playing for trophies, you can easily go through the game by just doing what interests you. The social links are really the only thing you need to do because they enhance your party's abilities in the TV world and your abilities to fuse better persona. There's even a decent guide for what to do each day with the feature that shows you what others did that day if you really want a decent idea of what to do.

If you like the dungeons/combat and want more, take a second stroll through each dungeon after beating them to unlock a new weapon for that party member along with it being tougher with new monsters.

#9427 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

WRC....hmm, I've heard the games have all stunk since the old colin macrae named games team had started the dirt series.If this revamp fixes the issues we'd have an rally sim on vita.....EDIT: oh this IS the one.from last year. Meh

The Vita version does NOT have a career mode?

#9428 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

P4G is incredible, P3P is the ultimate portable rpg. Would pick P3P since its cheaper and just wait for P4G to drop more, pretty much the same game overall. Also the games can be way more dungeon than doing social stuff, just depends on how you play it (returning to the dungeon in P4G or grinding in Tartarus in P3P). Also love the cast and story in P4G, anime version of scooby-doo.

Edited by mrbomb, 24 March 2013 - 11:57 PM.

Posted Image

#9429 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

anime version of scooby-doo.

Thats exactly why I hate it, and im VERY glad yet another person has noticed this similarity lol.

#9430 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Does anyone know when we'll be able to download Bioshock Infinite? Is it when the store updates on Tuesday or will I be able to do it after Midnight Monday?

#9431 rpg

rpg

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Does anyone know when we'll be able to download Bioshock Infinite? Is it when the store updates on Tuesday or will I be able to do it after Midnight Monday?

Midnight.

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gifsniper.gif

#9432 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

my girl and i finally beat zero escape tonite. it was all a good story til we beat it, and then it went off the wall. it was awesome tho, and look forward to beating it over and over. and really there is barely any choices in this game, just ally/betray on ab rooms and choosing which doors to go through. but good stuff. i love the escapes and when my brain clicks.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#9433 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

thankss :D I can't justify a $30 purchase... though everyone emphasizes that the game is great (and in that vein, the developers deserve the money). just need to stretch that dollar though.

I have a feeling I may end up with P3P + P4G :/ that's $40

Let me buy you P3P. PM me your Paypal details.

On Reddit I like to giveaway games when I have a little to spare... if you end up liking P3P, which I think you will, pass a game on to someone else someday.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9434 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

On Reddit I like to giveaway games when I have a little to spare... if you end up liking P3P, which I think you will, pass a game on to someone else someday.

:applause:

No longer just a CheapAssGamer, Tourista has transcended into GenerousAssGamer territory!

I have P4G on the way from Gamestop and I'm really excited because it'll be my first Persona game. I have a feeling I'll like it enough to want to play the others, but I really can't justify the purchases right now.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9435 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

thank you so so so much :D
chased my Monday blues away!

Posted Image

quoting the image.. so it takes up less screen estate

thanks once again! :D
I'll be my first persona game ever!

Edited by wilflare, 25 March 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#9436 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

thanks for video i would buy it if i still had a Snes i miss those awesome classics now days it shooter,shooter,shooter, random awesome game, shooter,shooter

Yeah, those were different days for sure. Part of what made Secret of Evermore cool was its distinctly American sensibilities. Even though it was a game by Square it was designed and developed in the US. Sure, a lot of the play mechanics were lifted liberally from Secret of Mana but the ideas, attitude, and overall feel were very American. I always felt that was what set it apart (for good or bad) from its JRPG contemporaries.

EDIT: Well played Tourista, well played. My hat goes off to you. :applause:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#9437 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

:applause:

No longer just a CheapAssGamer, Tourista has transcended into GenerousAssGamer territory!

I have P4G on the way from Gamestop and I'm really excited because it'll be my first Persona game. I have a feeling I'll like it enough to want to play the others, but I really can't justify the purchases right now.

For anyone who has not seen Pay It Forward, I recommend it. It seemed really cheesy at first, but I have to admit that I love that philosophy in general. Like donating a game (I try to go with Pokemon games as they maximize gameplay imo) to charity or those christmas gift programs.

Keep up the good work Tourista!

#9438 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Question is there a thread somewhere about shmups I saw that Raiden III just got there as a PS2 classic, and most of the shmups are on JPN PSN store so if anyone can tell me a thread with that.

Thanks
:error:
Spoiler

#9439 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

For anyone who has not seen Pay It Forward, I recommend it.

/r/PlayItForward - Great subreddit for giving away games you love and discovering new ones. also dig /r/RandomActsOfGaming

Between this forum and those subreddits there's a great community of amazing gamers to be found :)

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9440 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Midnight.

Thanks! Can't wait to get to downloading!

#9441 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

I'm trying to spend $50 so I can get $10 back and I'm down to my last $1.19 (have $1.38 in wallet). Anybody know how I can spend the rest? I really don't want to buy a $20 card because I'm short a few cents. By the way, I'm a PS+ member.

#9442 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

Midnight.

i haven't ever pre-ordered anything off Psn, but i thought they let you start downloading before release date, and just unlocked it on release? no?

#9443 Blandlytasteful

Blandlytasteful

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'm trying to spend $50 so I can get $10 back and I'm down to my last $1.19 (have $1.38 in wallet). Anybody know how I can spend the rest? I really don't want to buy a $20 card because I'm short a few cents. By the way, I'm a PS+ member.

If it really has to be in that 19 cent window, I think you might be out of luck. Minimum funding is 5 bucks, if you are willing (as I am) to give Sony your credit card.

#9444 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Does anyone know the download size of the NFS Most Wanted heroes/movie legends/terminal velocity DLC?Running low on space..lol.

#9445 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Look for some cheap dlc?

#9446 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Just buy some avatars until you spend 1.20 or more or buy other things with lower prices

#9447 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Just buy some avatar items and for the extra few cents, just use paypal to fill your wallet.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#9448 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Does anyone know the download size of the NFS Most Wanted heroes/movie legends/terminal velocity DLC?Running low on space..lol.

100KB each.

& just as a FYI for everyone, if you search for the game/DLC on the web store, it'll tell you the download size.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9449 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

You can just get a $10 card. Best Buy sells them. If you just want to spend $!.38, buy a couple of avatars or find an mini or dlc.

#9450 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

The data for that stuff is all in the updates that the game has received, so what you'll get out of the store are just unlock codes.