Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9451 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

As a reminder, the last day for the "Get $10 Back For Every $50 Spent" promo is Sunday, March 31 at 11:59 PM PST.

#9452 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Really? I thought it went through April 1.
Thanks for the heads up, sir!
Was planning to wait until Monday afternoon to weight out my last buys.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9453 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ittlebigplanet/

BioShock Infinite costumes coming to LBP 2/K/Vita this week.

#9454 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Will they be announcing March'2 PS+ games today or next monday?

Europe already announced theirs...but I guess they still have to announce were getting disgaea 3 for free tomorrow

#9455 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Europe already announced theirs...but I guess they still have to announce were getting disgaea 3 for free tomorrow

they're getting virtues last reward

wish this stuff was the same everywhere

Hand__Of__God.png

#9456 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Do you mean April's games? We should get hints about the lineup on Thursday with the PS Blogcast and then a full announcement next Monday.

#9457 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

EU+ regularly announces their next month's lineup approx 10 days in advance. NA is usually the Thurs before end of month at best. My guess is NA will announce sometime after this Thursday.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#9458 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

After playing P3P and enjoy it, i got a question before the sell end, should i play Persona 1 and 2?

#9459 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

After playing P3P and enjoy it, i got a question before the sell end, should i play Persona 1 and 2?

P1 & P2 are both very different from P3&P4.

I enjoyed P1, but it takes a very special taste in games - a lot of my friends who haven't been playing games since the late 80's don't appreciate the way they're built, and they haven't aged especially well. That said, they're solid games. Liking or hating them will come down to your gameplay background and expectations.

Check out some gameplay videos on youtube and see if they're something you'd dig. I snagged them both up just to replay on my Vita, didn't have em on that platform before the sale.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9460 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

P1 & P2 are both very different from P3&P4.

I don't think P2 is that huge of a difference. Yes, combat is a bit different, and you don't have the social links thing, but you still have the quirky main characters and odd conversations with other people. You can tell that it is an ancestor of P3.
Posted Image

#9461 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't think P2 is that huge of a difference. Yes, combat is a bit different, and you don't have the social links thing, but you still have the quirky main characters and odd conversations with other people. You can tell that it is an ancestor of P3.

Sorry, but the combat and social links are the two main things that separate the two halves of the series. That's kind of a huge thing that separates them. Yes, the core of the stories are sort of similar, but that's not the part of the games that people are talking about.

#9462 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Disgaea 3 on Vita & a S-E and THQ sale for PS+ this week
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9463 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

I've heard good things about Disgaea..is it that good?

#9464 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yes, you can easily get 90+ hours out of it.The Vita version of 3 also includes all the DLC, so it's a long RPG with a bunch of extra crap.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9465 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Disgaea 3 on Vita & a S-E and THQ sale for PS+ this week

hmmmm, no squeenix sale on sleeping dogs might mean....?

also, I see de blob all the time. worth picking up for the price of a hamburger?

#9466 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ta-for-members/

Here's the full PS+ update for this week:

This month, there was a lot to love in PlayStation Plus. Whether it was a gruesome mystery in the middle of Dubai in Spec Ops: The Line, or the hilarious mis-adventures of those in The Cave. Tomorrow, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention joins the Instant Game Collection. We’ve also got more deals and discounts from our friends at Square-Enix and THQ. Not to mention, there are also two new timed trials of BioShock: Infinte and Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel. Play an hour of these new releases, free with your PS Plus membership. If you like em’, make the purchase and continue playing.

One last reminder: you’ve only got until until the end of March to take part in the Get $10 for Every $50 Spent promotion. We’ll be sending out your rewards around mid-April via XMB Message and email.

March 26th PlayStation Plus Update

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $39.99, Free for PS Plus members

One of the kings of strategy RPGs makes its debut in the Instant Game Collection! Take a field trip any time you want with Mao, Raspberyl, Almaz, and the rest of the Evil Academy gang with Disgaea 3 on PS Vita! Offering incredible depth and hours upon hours of strategy RPG goodness, Disgaea fans or RPG fans in general should have this one on their PS Vita, which features 5 new chapters on top of the original’s content.

Square-Enix Sale

55% Discount for PS Plus members on titles listed

Four of Square-Enix’s action blockbusters are getting a tidy sale, with extra discounts for Plus. Select add-ons are on sale too; check the PlayStation Store Update tomorrow for the full breakdown.

Games
Just Cause 2 - $9.99 PSN - $8.99 PS+
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $9.99 PSN - $8.99 PS+
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - $7.49 PSN - $6.74 PS+
Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light - $7.49 PSN - $6.74 PS+

THQ Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus members on titles listed

THQ has provided a legacy of fantastic games that deliver unforgettable experiences. Now is your chance to pick up some of these titles at a great price, including classics like Costume Quest and Stacking, as well as heavy hitters like Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Games
Costume Quest - $7.49 PSN - $3.75 PS+
Darksiders II - $34.99 PSN - $27.99 PS+
de Blob 2 - $7.49 PSN - $3.75 PS+
MX Vs ATV: Alive - $14.99 PSN - $10.49 PS+
Red Faction: Armageddon - $9.99 PSN - $5.00 PS+
Red Faction: Battlegrounds - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $9.99 PSN - $5.00 PS+
Stacking - $7.49 PSN - $3.75 PS+

Music
Darksiders II: Official Soundtrack - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+

escapeVektor (PS Vita)

55% Discount for PS Plus members (Regular Price: $9.99, PSN Sale Price: $4.99; PS Plus Price: $4.49)

Vektor has been trapped inside the CPU for what feels like an eternity and you are his only hope of escape. As he travels through the CPU, help him recover his memories and destroy the different enemy types sent to hunt him. But be careful, the further Vektor gets, the more devious the CPU becomes. This title is 50% off for all PSN users, but Plus members see an extra 5% discount.

Last Chance (Leaving on 4/2)

Deals
THQ Sale
Square-Enix Sale
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken Discounts
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Course and Character Pack Discount

Games
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

Thanks for reading this week’s update. You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 3/25. Got more questions on Plus? Leave your comments below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss this week’s news more, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

#9467 dncarolyn

dncarolyn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hmm. Stacking + Costume Quest + De Blob 2 or P3P to make up the last $10 I need to spend?

#9468 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Red faction Armageddon at 5 bucks sounds pretty good

#9469 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

if you're into SRPGS, it could very well be the best of genre. I haven't played D3 yet, but have put a lot of time into other ones.

Very combat centric - basically, you've got 'story' missions, but those almost play second fiddle to everything else. for example, say you've got a sword lying around. you can 'enter' the sword via the item world, and every level you clear of the -swords- dungeon levels the sword up.

There's also other depth - for example, some items have special npcs trapped on certain levels, which you can then rescue and transplant between items, further giving them special capabilities.

I actually spend far more time playing around with this side of things than doing actual stories.

Combat is both simple and highly complex -- that is, you can just do your traditional srpg move/attack type combat, or you can pull off all sorts of tricks involving stacking or throwing characters... and each board has color cubes which can either be used for their effect or to essentially 'blow up' the board in a controlled fashion for mega-experience.

the game essentially turns 'grinding' into a fun experience, where you never feel like you're grinding. going into a new weapon to level it up is an experience unto itself, even though it's just an item world (and there are endless items).

highly recommended. it'll take a little time to 'get it', but once you do it's an easy 50 - 1000 hour game, depending on how deep you fall in.

#9470 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

anyone here have any escapevektor experience? worth the sale price?

#9471 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hmm. Stacking + Costume Quest + De Blob 2 or P3P to make up the last $10 I need to spend?

For the prices listed the first three games are worth it if your into that and/or have kids that willl like them. Not sure about P3P

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#9472 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'll definitely pick up De Blob 2. Good prices on the Red Faction games as well. Any input on escapeVektor? It's not like I don't have enough Vita games to play.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9473 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Stacking is tempting. I remember enjoying the demo long, long ago.
Aren't the Red Faction and Kane and Lynch games all FPS? Not my type.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#9474 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Tempted in getting Red Faction: Guerrilla and Armageddon at $5 each. Just need another $5 get up to another $50 to get $10 back.

#9475 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Darksiders II at that price is criminal. I picked it up through a $4 GS and if I hadn't, I would've gotten it at BB during their sale.

#9476 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'm strangely relieved that the sales are uninspiring and that Disgaea 3 will be my only PS 'purchase' this week.

#9477 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Stacking is tempting. I remember enjoying the demo long, long ago.
Aren't the Red Faction and Kane and Lynch games all FPS? Not my type.

Third person shooters, not first.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#9478 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

I think I bought the PS3 version of Disgaea 3 around launch and still never played it. Now I'm gonna trade it in and get all the DLC for free with the Vita version, sweet!

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9479 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

what exactly is Red Faction Battlegrounds? I've never heard of it before. I will be getting the other two red faction games, $5 each is great price for them

AnQAzfm.png

#9480 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Wow, my retail version of De Blob 2 isn't even worth selling/trading in.

Still, EscapeVektor and Armageddon are both tempting, I'll be able to hit $50 with ease.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts