Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#9481 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's a top-down vehicular combat game that was mainly given out for free as an incentive to subscribe to PS+ for some that got that offer in their email. Being free for me, it was an okay game at best. The only positive thing I can say is that it has an okay single-player challenge mode and the MP was completely dead at launch, so I'd suggest avoiding it unless you have money to burn for no reason.

meh, I think I'll skip then and get De Blob 2 or Stacking instead, thanks for the heads up

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#9482 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Wasn't looking to buy anything else this month. But Im going to have to buy Costume Quest for that $3.75. Been wanting to give it a try since I got my PS3 last year.

How's Stacking? I believe it was on PS+ but I didn't have Internet at that time.

Does the Persona sale end this week? It didn't say it does on the blog but want to be sure. I've been thinking about grabbing P3P since I love RPGs but I'm only 2 hours into P4G and would like see more before I jump on P3P.

#9483 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

deffenatly buying escape vector.
and...stacking and costume quest
and..probably red faction armagedon...

#9484 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

meh, I think I'll skip then and get De Blob 2 or Stacking instead, thanks for the heads up

Definitely get either of those games before you get RF: Battlegrounds.

How's Stacking? I believe it was on PS+ but I didn't have Internet at that time.

Stacking is OK. I really enjoyed the premise of the stacking dolls and how different dolls had different abilities. The only drawback for me is that, at it's core, it's still an adventure game. No matter if you think you have the perfect solution for a puzzle, if it's not the solution that the creators came up with, then you're S.O.L. But if you're an adventure game fan, it's a quality pickup.

Also, I've heard people report they get motion sickness from that game...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9485 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Also, kind of odd that PS+ is only getting an extra 5% off beyond the sale price on the SE games and EscapeVektor. Better than nothing, but that's the smallest "extra" discount I recall seeing.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9486 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Wasn't looking to buy anything else this month. But Im going to have to buy Costume Quest for that $3.75. Been wanting to give it a try since I got my PS3 last year.

Does the Persona sale end this week? It didn't say it does on the blog but want to be sure. I've been thinking about grabbing P3P since I love RPGs but I'm only 2 hours into P4G and would like see more before I jump on P3P.

Stacking's a cool little puzzle adventure game where you're a tiny Russian nesting doll that needs to stack into other dolls to gain abilities to solve puzzles in each level, which can be solved in a few different ways.

The Persona sale probably ends next week since P4G is supposed to end then. I doubt that Atlus would have one of the four games on sale for two weeks and the rest on sale for one week.

Stacking is OK. I really enjoyed the premise of the stacking dolls and how different dolls had different abilities. The only drawback for me is that, at it's core, it's still an adventure game. No matter if you think you have the perfect solution for a puzzle, if it's not the solution that the creators came up with, then you're S.O.L.

Also, I've heard people report they get motion sickness from that game...

That's not true at all. I believe there are at least three solutions to every main puzzle in the game.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#9487 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'll pass on Stacking, have enough in my backlog thanks to PS+. Will get Persona while it is still on sale and Costume Quest. My vita will be full of RPG goodness with adding P3P and Disgea 3, love having all digital on my 32GB card. :)

Thanks guys!

#9488 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

sorry if it's already posted, but anyone know how much Terraria is doing to cost?

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#9489 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

^$14.99

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9490 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Hmph. I would buy Stacking and Lara Croft at those prices, but I already "own" them through PS +. Oh well...

#9491 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Limbo is coming to the Vita.

#9492 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I used to say that I would only buy the PS3 version if a game came out on both PS3 and Vita but now I'm leaning towards the Vita version. I don't have Limbo on PS3 yet so I might just have to get it on the Vita instead.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9493 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Limbo is coming to the Vita.

Excellent, I bought it at release on 360, it's a quality game that just got a bit too overhyped so people started hating on it.

Anyway, I'll gladly pick it up on sale and play through it again. Is the Vita really easy to port games to? Seems like every indie dev is giving the Vita a shot at this point.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9494 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

From what's on sale, I can do videos of these for those that want to see what they are:

Costume Quest
Darksiders II, which will be the Xbox 360 version
de Blob 2
Just Cause 2
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, which will be the Xbox 360 version
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, which will also have to do two videos with the other being the awesome, free Kane & Lynch DLC
Red Faction: Battlegrounds
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Stacking

#9495 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Excellent, I bought it at release on 360, it's a quality game that just got a bit too overhyped so people started hating on it.

Anyway, I'll gladly pick it up on sale and play through it again. Is the Vita really easy to port games to?

Despite what some folks have said, the sudden influx of Vita indie ports seems to suggest that it's maybe not as hard as it could be.

I'll definitely pick up Limbo again as long as the price isn't absurd.

MildObstruction.png

#9496 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

^$14.99

seriously?:cry:isn't it $5 on PC?

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#9497 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Loved Limbo but until I become rich, I will not buy games multiple times. Maybe if it added new interesting features.

I want to start in this thread and ask everyone to stop buying Ass Creed games so they stop churning out these retreads announced almost right after the last is released. Seeing more info of the new pirate one on the blog got to me.

I like them all lol, keep um coming until I get bored.

#9498 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

9.99 on steam, 2.50 on sale right now

#9499 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Not outside of sales. It's $9.99 normally.

#9500 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

That's not true at all. I believe there are at least three solutions to every main puzzle in the game.

I stand corrected. You're right, I believe they did add 3 different ways to solve each puzzle. That doesn't 100% solve the problem though.
Spoiler

Check out my CAG Blog!

#9501 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

I stand corrected. You're right, I believe they did add 3 different ways to solve each puzzle. That doesn't 100% solve the problem though.

Spoiler

You didn't use the hint system it has that can ultimately just tell you flat out what to do? It generally does a good job of helping you out even if you're terrible at figuring out puzzles.

#9502 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

^$14.99

9.99 on steam, 2.50 on sale right now

Not outside of sales. It's $9.99 normally.

Well I suppose that's not to bad then. I think I'll wait for a PS+ sale though;)

#9503 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

I know the PS1 Persona 2 is not on sale, but the PSP Persona games are. Are the current sale prices the lowest they've ever been?

#9504 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I know the PS1 Persona 2 is not on sale, but the PSP Persona games are. Are the current sale prices the lowest they've ever been?

These are the typical sale prices that these games have been listed at for the past few Persona sales.

#9505 Jommy

Jommy

Cool Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

These are the typical sale prices that these games have been listed at for the past few Persona sales.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure that they haven't been any cheaper in the past at least.

#9506 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Loved Limbo but until I become rich, I will not buy games multiple times. Maybe if it added new interesting features.

I want to start in this thread and ask everyone to stop buying Ass Creed games so they stop churning out these retreads announced almost right after the last is released. Seeing more info of the new pirate one on the blog got to me.

I will buy every Ass Creed game from here on out just to spite you. :bouncy:

Diet soda is the worst.

Wrencrest.png

#9507 snakelda

snakelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

100KB each.

& just as a FYI for everyone, if you search for the game/DLC on the web store, it'll tell you the download size.

Thanks!

#9508 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Probably stacking and maybe costume quest, though the combat on CQ was already getting repetitive by the time I beat the demo.

Guardian_owl.png

#9509 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Probably stacking and maybe costume quest, though the combat on CQ was already getting repetitive by the time I beat the demo.

And it stays that way throughout the game. I found a team that I was happy with and pretty much used that setup for the entirety.

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed the game from beginning to end. I loved the art style and the simplicity of the game was a nice change of pace that made for a relaxed playthrough.

I actually played it all the way to the end (including the DLC) this past Halloween so it was kind of nostalgic in terms of childhood "trick-or-treating" memories.

If you can get over the repetitiveness, I highly recommend it, especially for the price.

#9510 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hmm. Stacking + Costume Quest + De Blob 2 or P3P to make up the last $10 I need to spend?

Costume Quest is kind of short and easy but I had a lot of fum playing it.
Stacking is excellent and funny and just a whole lot of fun to me trying to find different ways to solve the various puzzles. (which is actually something that game keeps track of and encourages)