Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9811 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

i liked and platted kane n lynch 2, best nude level in a video game of 2012. and mp was actually fun, got 2 copies so my girl and i could play, lol. i was actually considering the doggy bag dlc for $3, but the mp was hard enough to boost as it was, and i read the trophies only pop in the 3 new dlc levels, which are probly barren wastelands. but to each their own. my girl couldnt stand to watch the single player tho cuz the head bob motion effects lens flare were too cloverfield for her and made her dizzy. i remember playing on hard and that toughest level where you start out and you can only go forward if you hide behind a forklift. i thought it was a poor man's max payne, but max payne is so cheap. crazy how quality gets so cheap lately.

also i was looking to purchase mass effect 1, thinking this 10/50 might be my best chance to get it cheaper than usual. anyone think it will be ps+ or sale anytime soon? thanks all

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#9812 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

thought they stopped giving out Amazon GCs :(

nope. redeemed 2 amazon credits from freemyapps just last night.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9813 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

nice! so you would recommend EscapeVektor at this price? :D
was considering it...

definitely if, and this is a big if, you like the genre. Levels get quite complex, tons of rectangles to complete, full of switches for death lasers that both you and enemies can toggle. This means you can spend tons of time on a single level mastering it, since there is an optimal path out there for finding. On the other hand if you don't like this sort of game this won't change your mind. It requires the pattern recognition and memorization of a schmup or platformer to get high scores.

On the other hand all trophies seem quite reasonable and care only about completion not getting gold or platinum scores on every level.

Gameplay is solid, controls are responsive and it looks pretty in a minimalist way. If you think you'll like it based on a gameplay vid I'd say it's worth 5 bucks.

#9814 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

definitely if, and this is a big if, you like the genre. Levels get quite complex, tons of rectangles to complete, full of switches for death lasers that both you and enemies can toggle. This means you can spend tons of time on a single level mastering it, since there is an optimal path out there for finding. On the other hand if you don't like this sort of game this won't change your mind. It requires the pattern recognition and memorization of a schmup or platformer to get high scores.

On the other hand all trophies seem quite reasonable and care only about completion not getting gold or platinum scores on every level.

Gameplay is solid, controls are responsive and it looks pretty in a minimalist way. If you think you'll like it based on a gameplay vid I'd say it's worth 5 bucks.

Just bit on this thanks to ur help. We shall see.

#9815 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

The 3DS version received a pretty glowing review from NintendoLife which led me to buy the Vita version. For $5 I don't think you can go wrong.

#9816 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on the Wheel of Fortune game that is on sale? I still need a little bump to get me another $10 back, and this could do it. $15 seems a little steep for this type of game, but the 1 review I saw on metacritic was actually pretty favorable (83).

#9817 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://www.giantbomb...ardy/2300-6712/

Giant Bomb has a pretty good Quick Look of both of the game show games. There are also demos for both.

#9818 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Lots of recommendations here for Red Faction: Guerrilla. Any thoughts on the DLC for it?

Also considering Sonic CD since I've never played it in any form. Is $5 good or does that one tend to drop? I see in the description that it actually has widescreen support, so I'm guessing it's a bit more than a barebones emulation?

Oh and I'll echo the earlier posts asking for opinions on the Worms games. I have Worms 2 on Xbox; wondering if Worms Revolution and/or Crazy Golf are worth it. Crazy Golf seems to have tepid reviews but maybe it's good for Worms fans?

#9819 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

best nude level in a video game of 2012
i was actually considering the doggy
my girl couldnt stand to watch the single player tho cuz the head bob
i remember playing on hard

I really might have to reconsider this game...

#9820 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Lots of recommendations here for Red Faction: Guerrilla. Any thoughts on the DLC for it?

Also considering Sonic CD since I've never played it in any form. Is $5 good or does that one tend to drop? I see in the description that it actually has widescreen support, so I'm guessing it's a bit more than a barebones emulation?

Oh and I'll echo the earlier posts asking for opinions on the Worms games. I have Worms 2 on Xbox; wondering if Worms Revolution and/or Crazy Golf are worth it. Crazy Golf seems to have tepid reviews but maybe it's good for Worms fans?

I seem to remember Sonic CD going on sale before (might have been for Xbox), but it is totally worth the $5. It is the same level of quality you would expect from a Sonic game from that era. It was also more than a simple port, as they added the ability for you to play through the game as Tales once you beat it (they did a few other things, but I don't remember exactly).

As for Worms Golf, I quite liked it. It is kind of like a physics based puzzler rather than a traditional Worms game. You hit your ball into explosives and other things to navigate it closer to the green, avoid obstacles, etc. Gameplay videos should make it pretty clear. I seem to remember a lot of the negative review for the game being that it could be had for considerably cheaper on iPad.

#9821 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Not bad, the Marauders DLC adds a little more backstory, a couple of hours of single player. Ultimately skippable though, not sure it's worth $10. Didn't really mess around with multiplayer, so I can't speak for that.

#9822 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Some reviews...

Escape vektor vita
Only have an hour on it so far. Nice relaxing electronic soundtrack. Each level is a geometric structure of squares and rectangles. Different types of enemies rove around, and you can boost and detonate a bomb.

Line you travel on gets colored in, which gains boost meaning you can perma boost in unravelled territory, and completing a rectangle gives you a bomb. This means the ultimate goal is finding the optimal boost path that completes the level fast and destroys the most enemies.... Which means its perfect for those that like to chase scores. You can also play laid back and just beat levels.

Gameplay is simple yet effective. It's not totally my genre but I'm still enjoying it, but I think anyone who enjoys this sort of game will love it.

Rayman origins vita
... Just beat it. Wow, great game. Twice as long as i expected, tons of content, The bonus level was ultra hard, as were a couple time trials. Fantastic music, and the most perfect platformer controls I've ever experienced

Thanks for posting this as I was strongly considering Escapevektor. I'm always starving for more quality Vita games because the library is so small. I'll probably pick it up even though I'm wary the low amount of releases might mean they'll all be free eventually. I wish the discount was a little more.

Also considering Rocketbirds. Does anyone have personal experience with it? Looks like it's maybe in the same vein as Mutant Blobs? I loved that one.

#9823 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for posting this as I was strongly considering Escapevektor. I'm always starving for more quality Vita games because the library is so small. I'll probably pick it up even though I'm wary the low amount of releases might mean they'll all be free eventually. I wish the discount was a little more.

Also considering Rocketbirds. Does anyone have personal experience with it? Looks like it's maybe in the same vein as Mutant Blobs? I loved that one.

The only thing similar between Mutant Blobs Attack and Rocketbirds is that they're 2D sidescrollers. Rocketbirds is a shooter with more of a measured, slower pace to it. I wrote a review of the PS3 version when that came out, which is basically the same game.

#9824 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Off topic I know, but what are these Amazon & iTunes credit apps?

I assume these collect data & sell it, hope this doesn't pick up. It's already sad on how little privacy we have...

#9825 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm going to be making a new thread, so please don't post in there until I'm done reserving posts for the OP.

#9826 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

The new thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340900

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 28 March 2013 - 08:13 PM.