Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#991 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm still waiting for Cladun 2 and ZHP to go on sale.

I might grab Disgaea so I can play it on my Vita if I want.

I'm hoping Cladun 1 goes on sale as well. I think it's only $10 right now so I'd definitely pick it up at $5.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#992 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

God the PSN Store is so horrible now. I can't find anything and I am constantly getting errors which forces it to close.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#993 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'm still waiting for Cladun 2 and ZHP to go on sale.

I might grab Disgaea so I can play it on my Vita if I want.

What prices? ZHP is at least on sale at GameStop for a PSN code from the last major NISA PSP sale.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#994 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

God the PSN Store is so horrible now. I can't find anything and I am constantly getting errors which forces it to close.

What are you looking for? Search for whatever game your looking for and go to the Add-Ons for it's DLC. For example if you want Tekken DLC, search the letters TEK, then go to Tekken Tag Tournament 2, then click "Add-Ons"

NighT_Ryder31.png

#995 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this Resident evil 5 gold debacle?

The day RE5 Gold went free to PS+ members, the store didn't update for everyone. BUT it was still listed under the PS+ free games section, so people added it to their cart anyway and bought it full price. Thinking it was free, and causing Sony to issue tons of refunds.

The new PSN store sucks. I waited until Wednesday and it still won't load properly. Takes 4min to load the app, then right away, or soon after a very minimal amount of browsing (I can't click stuff I want) it says "Connection timed out" and only 1 button appears "Exit" and then the app closes. I can't add anything to cart and check out before it crashes.

#996 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

The OP is updated for those that worry about it. I'm trying a new system where I spoiler the descriptions for bundles to lessen the amount of real estate it takes up. I'm also considering adding a new colored asterisk for Vita/PS3 Cross Buy stuff so I don't have to write it up every time.

Picked up the Jak & Daxter Collection and I was surprised to see that the original is less than 1 GB while the others are just over 3 GB, which is impressive for a game as technically impressive as it was at the time.

#997 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

What prices? ZHP is at least on sale at GameStop for a PSN code from the last major NISA PSP sale.

It was in their Prinny Bomb e-mail, Cladunx2 and Z.H.P were specifically mentioned as games that were going be on sale on PSN. No prices were mentioned, only a "up to 50% off."

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#998 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

yeah lots of timeout and errors/etc. im not helping by trying to download 16/32 free mugen souls dlc and do a trophy run for the next hour before i send it back to gamefly.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#999 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

This is CAG.

I knew someone would say that.

I do understand, but there's a point after which things like this become ridiculous.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#1000 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

The OP is updated for those that worry about it. I'm trying a new system where I spoiler the descriptions for bundles to lessen the amount of real estate it takes up. I'm also considering adding a new colored asterisk for Vita/PS3 Cross Buy stuff so I don't have to write it up every time.

Picked up the Jak & Daxter Collection and I was surprised to see that the original is less than 1 GB while the others are just over 3 GB, which is impressive for a game as technically impressive as it was at the time.

OP looks nice, spoiler tags definitely clean it up. Asterisk system for cross-buy sounds like a good idea, too. Thanks as usual for being so organized, I literally only look at CAG for PSN info/updates/sales/etc b/c of it.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#1001 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I knew someone would say that.

I do understand, but there's a point after which things like this become ridiculous.

Well if it's $1 or $1.50 off from a retail game for $60 or even $40, then I'd say that's ridiculous. But from a $10 game, I'd say it's a noticeable difference.

#1002 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

It was in their Prinny Bomb e-mail, Cladunx2 and Z.H.P were specifically mentioned as games that were going be on sale on PSN. No prices were mentioned, only a "up to 50% off."

I meant what price he was looking to pay since he could get a code for ZHP now rather than waiting for the sale.

#1003 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Is there a link to this nisa psn sale upcoming? I couldn't find it on their webpage and I guess Im not subscribed to it lol
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#1004 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Well if it's $1 or $1.50 off from a retail game for $60 or even $40, then I'd say that's ridiculous. But from a $10 game, I'd say it's a noticeable difference.

Yup, and it was $1.50 off of a $5 sale price, so that's a 30% difference.

Plus (and maybe I'm being petty here) I get a tiny bit frustrated when a retailer announces a lower price than what they're actually offering. It almost makes me not want to buy it at all. I understand everyone makes mistakes, but the only way for me to tell Sony that I'm not happy with their mistake is to speak with my wallet and not buy it.

Maybe I'm alone in feeling like that...I don't know. I'll probably end up buying Prinny instead so that really doesn't show them...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1005 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Is there a link to this nisa psn sale upcoming? I couldn't find it on their webpage and I guess Im not subscribed to it lol

Here you go.

I meant what price he was looking to pay since he could get a code for ZHP now rather than waiting for the sale.

Ah, I see.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1006 Fresh8142

Fresh8142

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

every time I look at P3P on the PS store it bums me out that i missed the deal when it was $10...

#1007 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Man I wished I hadn't started my PS+ trial codes, since the Vita titles are still going to be available for a while :\

#1008 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

I still say if you're interested in a game enough, you'll buy it for the sale price even if it's $1.50 more than you expected. If another $1 is enough to deter you, then you shouldn't even think about buying it.

I also disagree with your logic, $1.50 is $1.50 whether it's off of $20 or $5. If it bothers you that much then I'm not sure what you were even interested for in the first place.

Sometimes people make mistakes, I'm not sure why it's such a big deal. Shouldn't we just be glad that PSN discounts stuff pretty often and offers deep discounts fairly often as well? I mean, they're the only player in the console market that does it to this extent. To say that you feel like not supporting a sale in NOT buying because of the mistake is a bit silly... We want to speak with our wallets to show that we don't appreciate their sales?

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#1009 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

I still say if you're interested in a game enough, you'll buy it for the sale price even if it's $1.50 more than you expected. If another $1 is enough to deter you, then you shouldn't even think about buying it.

I also disagree with your logic, $1.50 is $1.50 whether it's off of $20 or $5. If it bothers you that much then I'm not sure what you were even interested for in the first place.

Sometimes people make mistakes, I'm not sure why it's such a big deal. Shouldn't we just be glad that PSN discounts stuff pretty often and offers deep discounts fairly often as well? I mean, they're the only player in the console market that does it to this extent. To say that you feel like not supporting a sale in NOT buying because of the mistake is a bit silly... We want to speak with our wallets to show that we don't appreciate their sales?

It's not a big deal to me, and I'm not even interested in the discussed game. But if you go buy a big mac for $3.50 today and the next day you buy it, it's $5. You'd at least ask the employee right? That's my logic. And I think only one person even asks about that. No one complained or said it was a big deal.

#1010 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Anyone else having problems downloading bioshock with plus? It doesn't come out as free for me.

#1011 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Here you go.

Thanks a ton! Super excited for Cladun 2, got my AC3 vita from amazon and almost bought that the day the vita arrived (got Tactics Ogre instead). Glad I waited if this thing goes on sale! :D
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#1012 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

It's currently $19.99 for d/l from gamestop. Should go on sale next week on the PSN store. It's about the only thing listed on that "Prinny Bomb" list that hasn't gone on sale yet.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1013 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Man I wished I hadn't started my PS+ trial codes, since the Vita titles are still going to be available for a while :\

I've only heard they say Uncharted, Gravity and WipEout are going to stick around. The others might, but hard to say. While it means virtually nothing, EU is getting different games, so at the least people will complain and we might see the side titles change. (EU swapped a PSN title for a Retail [MK], so don't assume the worst.)

While I could get into a long explanation of why I disagree with you, I will simply say this much. People typically spend more because it's cheap (why many CAGs have HUGE backlogs) and these people probably wouldn't have bought it for full price, so the sale didn't REALLY lose a lot (if any) sales. Finally, Sony has gotten complaints about inaccurate information, which is why they're not too keen on giving a monthly plus update post anymore. Several times things would change, which would result in people getting angry. If ANYTHING, this should result in Sony doing more to prevent errors, than us writing them off for being Human.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1014 rpg

rpg

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Anyone else having problems downloading bioshock with plus? It doesn't come out as free for me.

I just purchased it cost me $0.00

Are u downloading bioshock 2 because bioshock 1 is not free?

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#1015 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

I had no problem with it yesterday, Bioshock 2 is free. Not sure if you are downloading the first or not.

#1016 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Having finally managed to platinum the free Motorstorm RC I got on Vita, I figured I'd just go buy the PS3 one to get the double plat (I suffered for it, I deserve it!). On the store, the PS3 listing does not specify cross buy, but the Vita one does. Just to be safe I bought the Vita one, but would it have made a difference? I know my free Vita one no longer shows as purchased, though I didn't check my transaction history.

Just curious.

#1017 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Having finally managed to platinum the free Motorstorm RC I got on Vita, I figured I'd just go buy the PS3 one to get the double plat (I suffered for it, I deserve it!). On the store, the PS3 listing does not specify cross buy, but the Vita one does. Just to be safe I bought the Vita one, but would it have made a difference? I know my free Vita one no longer shows as purchased, though I didn't check my transaction history.

Just curious.

Not really. The original paid PS3 version that launched alongside the free Vita version did not support Cross Buy, but they put up new versions of both when the free Vita version was taken down a few months ago that does support it. They said at launch that the PS3 version would entitle you to the regular Vita version when that does launch, but that was of course a lie. The free Vita version is still in your download history.

#1018 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Should I pick these games up?
Crimson Gem Saga - $7.49
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - $7.99
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - $4.99
Or should I wait for them to get lower in prices?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1019 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Looks like Big Sky Infinity will be the next IGC game. It's from the PC game Really Big Sky (on Steam). It's also Cross-Buy, http://www.playstati...er-coming-soon/

3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1020 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

I had no problem with it yesterday, Bioshock 2 is free. Not sure if you are downloading the first or not.

Yes, 2. It shows 19.99 when I try to check out. I have no problem with the other free games. Guess I need to contact cs later.