Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1231 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

I haven't really kept a running count. I thought there was a constant number of games in the instant collection.

They've generally tried to keep 12 games in the PS3 IGC, though there have been weeks where we've had more or less than 12.

Also, if anyone cares, since Christmas and New Years fall on Tuesdays this year, they will be publishing the updates on Mondays for those 2 weeks. Like someone said earlier in this thread, those updates are usually fairly light on content anyways.

Edited by tylerh1701, 11 December 2012 - 12:48 AM.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#1232 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Idk if anyone know this but... Lemmings is free on ps vita via playstation mobile @ ps store

#1233 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

I keep waiting for a reason to enter my second year of PS+ code. Looks like I'll be waiting a while. . .

What's up, IATCG?

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#1234 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

This must have already been discussed but I saw the EU store got Batman AC and Vanquish and we get Bioshock 2 and Street Fighter? Didn't the EU also get Red Dead? The US deals blow in comparison.

#1235 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

I keep holding off on buying games EU received thinking that we are going to get them. Maybe I need to rethink this strategy.

#1236 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

This must have already been discussed but I saw the EU store got Batman AC and Vanquish and we get Bioshock 2 and Street Fighter? Didn't the EU also get Red Dead? The US deals blow in comparison.

What a ridiculously subjective thing to say. I for one think Vanquish is terrible, Batman was boring and anyone who wanted to play Red Dead Redemption has already.

#1237 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Idk if anyone know this but... Lemmings is free on ps vita via playstation mobile @ ps store

Surprised there hasn't been more on this. I like Lemmings.

#1238 rpg

rpg

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

I keep holding off on buying games EU received thinking that we are going to get them. Maybe I need to rethink this strategy.

just buy a psn+ for Europe problem solved

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Blackgate Ps3 (3/4 playthroughs)

#1239 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

just buy a psn+ for Europe problem solved

There'd be no issue with a EU and a US PS+ account on the same console or anything would there? I've got a US PS+ through next Sept. but I'd much rather get Vanquish and Batman and such over what we just got. If I can have both concurrently that'd work even though I didn't particularly want to give Sony more money for screwing the US.

#1240 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

There'd be no issue with a EU and a US PS+ account on the same console or anything would there? I've got a US PS+ through next Sept. but I'd much rather get Vanquish and Batman and such over what we just got. If I can have both concurrently that'd work even though I didn't particularly want to give Sony more money for screwing the US.

None.

However, your mentality is quite awful... We get 12 free games + the games swap out at roughly the same rate as Europe, so lets just call it even and say we get the SAME amount of games for the same price (more or less). Just because you, others, or most people think Europe gets a better deal, doesn't AUTOMATICALLY mean that America is screwing you... just that it doesn't suit your taste.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1241 rpg

rpg

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

just make a new account for your system and u are set

davey.gifGS Selling LBP2 DC Comics dlc $2-R,Blacklist $5 - P - Amazing Spider-Man PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Blackgate Ps3 (3/4 playthroughs)

#1242 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

Unless you have or are planning on getting a Vita, as you can only have one account on there. Otherwise, you're good to go.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1243 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

The lemmings thing sounds nice, but I don't own one of very few selected phones to access the playstation mobile store. :( Oh well
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#1244 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I have zero reasonable complaints about PS+ but they keep picking games that I already own. I guess it'll be nice to just play a bit of AE whenever I want without putting the disc in.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1245 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

They've generally tried to keep 12 games in the PS3 IGC, though there have been weeks where we've had more or less than 12.

Also, if anyone cares, since Christmas and New Years fall on Tuesdays this year, they will be publishing the updates on Mondays for those 2 weeks. Like someone said earlier in this thread, those updates are usually fairly light on content anyways.

There's never been more than 12 in the IGC and they've only been below 12 when they'd take out two games one week but take two weeks to replace them. They've had bonus games, but those aren't part of the IGC.

#1246 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

nothing good this week sadly.

Wish they would give out some PS1, themes, and avatars again.

#1247 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Lemmings is just Easy Mode's 30 levels. You need to pay for the rest.

IT'S SHAREWARE.

#1248 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Wow, I guess holding off on all the iterations of Street Fighter IV paid off.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1249 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this! I haven't played Lemmings in forever but I remember having fun with it back in the day

The lemmings thing sounds nice, but I don't own one of very few selected phones to access the playstation mobile store. :( Oh well

If you have a Vita you can just go to the PS Mobile Store through the PSN store and download Lemmings under the Puzzle category. No phone needed to download or play

Lemmings is just Easy Mode's 30 levels. You need to pay for the rest.

IT'S SHAREWARE.

Just read your comment after I posted all this. Figures there would be some kind of catch :( Still 30 levels is enough for me to get a Lemmings nostalgia trip I guess

523546.png

#1250 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Wow, I guess holding off on all the iterations of Street Fighter IV paid off.

I bought the collector's edition half off at best buy for 40 for Vanilla. That was enough for me, free Arcade edition is cool, but all those people who have the game are SO good at it. I'm afraid to play online. lol

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#1251 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Is it possible for psn plus to have the remaining three episodes for walking dead free later? I still have one month trial that I do not use. I am waiting that.

#1252 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Is it possible for psn plus to have the remaining three episodes for walking dead free later? I still have one month trial that I do not use. I am waiting that.

Of course, but the odds / likelihood is impossible to determine. Generally speaking, you will most likely be able to get the disc version for cheap before it's free with plus.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1253 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Man I just want a good discount on ps+ membership, my coupon for BB expired before I could use it o_0 !! Btw just played Outland and it would be awesome on the Vita too, just freaking gorgeous.

#1254 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

What's up, IATCG?

Nah, can't be IATCG, Jodou been around too long. Plus IATCG didn't have a 1-year PS+ code (he must have missed out on $15 year codes at Target, awesome deal) he had nearly $50 in PSN credit. Which he was saving for when a game popped up he was interested in. Was a never winning battle because he was strictly against digital downloads.

I'm looking forward to Rochard. We only have 1 week to "purchase" it, so get on that. Curious to why they are doing it, even Walking Dead Ep1+2 was 2 weeks? Also interested in what will replace it. Rochard+SSIV:AE replaced Outland & Bloodrayne, so isn't odd for them to go down to 11 games in the IGC?

#1255 itsoverninethousand

itsoverninethousand

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

Nah, can't be IATCG, Jodou been around too long. Plus IATCG didn't have a 1-year PS+ code (he must have missed out on $15 year codes at Target, awesome deal) he had nearly $50 in PSN credit. Which he was saving for when a game popped up he was interested in. Was a never winning battle because he was strictly against digital downloads.

I'm looking forward to Rochard. We only have 1 week to "purchase" it, so get on that. Curious to why they are doing it, even Walking Dead Ep1+2 was 2 weeks? Also interested in what will replace it. Rochard+SSIV:AE replaced Outland & Bloodrayne, so isn't odd for them to go down to 11 games in the IGC?

Mysterious Voice: You know more about IATCG than some of your real life friends.

#1256 Sparky_Buzzsaw

Sparky_Buzzsaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Anyone know if the Disgaea 4 DLC has come on sale yet in that NISA sale? Have they announced any upcoming new deals for this week?

#1257 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Mysterious Voice: You know more about IATCG than some of your real life friends.

It's sad but true

#1258 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

I was joking. I'm pretty sure IATCG always mentioned his PS+ trial codes that he was waiting to use.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#1259 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Anyone know if the Disgaea 4 DLC has come on sale yet in that NISA sale? Have they announced any upcoming new deals for this week?

It did. Z.H.P and ClaDun x2 should be going on sale either this week or the next.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1260 Sparky_Buzzsaw

Sparky_Buzzsaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Crap! Well, thanks for the information. Think I'll pick up Cladun.

If anyone's wondering, ZHP is pretty terrific and well worth a look if it's cheap enough. Kind of a crazy game, but it's incredibly addictive.