Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1471 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

any thoughts on class of heroes guys? I'm thinking of purchasing it from the PSN.

It's not the best dungeon crawler by far but it's a good Wizardry-type game for the price.

#1472 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

any thoughts on class of heroes guys? I'm thinking of purchasing it from the PSN.

If you like old school first person RPG's then you really can't go wrong.

#1473 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Recorded two videos for Rochard to give people an idea of what it is. I did two videos since the first twenty minutes give a bit of a different impression of what it is (gravity-based puzzle platformer w/Portal influence) than the next twenty minutes does (platforming shooter with plenty of gravity-focused puzzles in-between shooting segments).

I think it's an excellent game that is sort of a linear Metroid game, which means you have the 2D room-based progression with more of a Shadow Complex-style shooting mechanic without there being a big open map to explore. You move room to room to room with little backtracking, but you definitely approach those rooms in a similar manner. There are the typical upgrades to your weapons and health, though they're more modest so far compared to what you expect from Metroid-style games.

#1474 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'll agree with the Metroid feel for the levels, which kinda surprised me.

BTW, those interested in Music Unlimited, Living Social has a deal for 6 months for $10 for the next week. Only good for those who aren't current Premium subscribers.

http://www.livingsoc...ed-subscription
Posted Image

#1475 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Seems like a bad deal compared to 12 months for $12 for PS+ members. I guess it's good if you don't have PS+.

#1476 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Seems like a bad deal compared to 12 months for $12 for PS+ members. I guess it's good if you don't have PS+.

I realize that, but I'd thought I'd bring it to people's attention at the very least.
Posted Image

#1477 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I realize that, but I'd thought I'd bring it to people's attention at the very least.

I'm just commenting on it as a deal.

#1478 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Where's this deal at? o_O

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#1479 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

On PSN and the OP:

Other Deals
Music Unlimited - One Year Premium Subscription - $12.00

It's been around for a few weeks now.

#1480 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

he said "for PS+ members". WHere do you think the deal is at?
I'm going to guess that you thought 12 months of PS+ for $12.

#1481 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'm going to guess that you thought 12 months of PS+ for $12.

Totally. Now that would be a deal.

I already picked up the Music Unlimited thing a while back.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#1482 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Wow alot of Trophy talking. I wanna get all the platinums on the few games I own for Ps3. But it will take me quite some time especially since I game on 360 WAY more. I have about 275 completions on 360. Just recently started a new PSN with the new AC vita I got recently. I had a question about PS+ if any of you could answer. So I know the games are mine as long as I pay for the membership but let's say they delist Gravity Rush or Uncharted next week from the free games but I keep paying for the subscription, do the games stay mine if I have already downloaded them until the sub expires?

Holy crap...275 completed games on 360? I thought my 44 completed games were pretty good, lol. I have no platinum trophies still, though.

Re: your question, the games stay yours as long as you are a subscriber. I think even if you lapse and re-subscribe, they stay yours, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#1483 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

If the PSN is having a Christmas sale would it most likely be next week or Christmas day?
Posted Image

#1484 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

If the PSN is having a Christmas sale would it most likely be next week or Christmas day?

Next week 99.9999999%, since I recall Sony not doing an update on the same week as Christmas.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1485 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Next week 99.9999999%, since I recall Sony not doing an update on the same week as Christmas.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-790205

They're going to have updates on the eve of both major holidays over the next two weeks, but I'd imagine that the major holiday deals will start this week with minor updates during the two weeks following it.

#1486 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:

Vita

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Sonic the Hedgehog and all the rest of SEGA’s great cast of characters hit the road again in this sequel to the hit racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed offers convertible vehicles, brand new characters, and killer All-Stars moves! Following on from the huge success of Sonic & SEGA All-Star’s Racing, the characters now have their own unique transforming vehicles designed to take advantage of the varying terrain. The line-up on the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed grid sees SEGA favorites — including Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr Eggman and AiAi — return to battle against newcomers that include Gilius Thunderhead of Golden Axe and Vyse of Skies of Arcadia.

PSN

Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath - (PS Vita) – Oddworld just got … Stranger. In Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath, players step into the role of the Stranger, a rough and tumble bounty hunter who tracks down outlaws for moolah. Using a special weapons system that gives a whole new meaning to “live” ammo, players encounter deviant species and hostile challenges along the way. Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath combines first and third-person gameplay with familiar Oddworld elements and an all-new engine to deliver a unique gameplay experience.

Originally released in 2005, Stranger’s Wrath has been faithful reproduced on PlayStation Vita with a raft of enhancements, including: stunning HD visuals (with improved character models as well as new detail-enhancing effects such as normal mapping and self-shadowing,) re-mastered dialogue and additional bonus material.

Batman: Arkham Asylum – In Batman: Arkham Asylum the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds. With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics’ detective to life!
Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum — Gotham’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman’s gadgets and abilities, players will become the invisible predator and attempt to foil The Joker’s demented scheme.

Zombie Driver HD – Fight your way through the streets of a zombie infested city to save the survivors of a disastrous chemical accident that changed most of the city’s population into mindless brain hungry monsters. Time is your enemy and your car is your weapon as you race through the streets smashing everything on your way including fences, phone booths, street lamps and hordes of zombies. When the gruesomely mutated zombies become too much to handle, buy a new car or get more guns and upgrades installed. You can earn more money for finishing side quests, making kill combos and searching for hidden prizes. Game play is unrestricted and the player can freely roam through the dark streets, alleys and backyards searching for the best shortcuts or hidden power ups.

Karateka – Created on an Apple II by Jordan Mechner in his Yale dorm room, Karateka became a #1 bestseller and influenced a generation of gamers with its groundbreaking rotoscoped animation and cinematic cutscenes. 28 years later, Mechner returns to his indie roots with a new take on Karateka for today’s digital game platforms, featuring art by Jeff Matsuda (The Batman) and music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Tin (Civilization IV).

Whether you are a nostalgic Karateka fan or new to the game, Karateka will charm you with its classic love story set in feudal Japan. Fight to save the lovely Mariko from the evil warlord Akuma and reunite her with her True Love!

Labyrinth Legends – Explore ancient tombs of lost civilizations in Labyrinth Legends. Evade concealed traps. Solve intuitive puzzles. Collect stars and gold, and discover hidden treasure, weapons, artifacts and more. But stay alert to battle foreboding mummies, zombies, ghouls and other monsters hidden in the shadows.

LEGO Lord of the Rings – Explore Middle-earth in an epic and thrilling LEGO video game adventure for the entire family! LEGO The Lord of the Rings brings to life the legendary fantasy saga by J.R.R. Tolkien. The game follows the original storylines of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Players can team up in pairs as adorable LEGO The Lord the Rings minifigures to experience countless dangers, solve riddles and battle formidable foes on their journey to Mount Doom.

Knytt Underground (PS Vita/PS3) – Knytt Underground, the sequel to the massively popular Knytt and Knytt Stories, is an exciting platform game offers gamers exploration in an infinitely breathtaking atmosphere.

Burn The Rope (PS Vita) – Burn the Rope is a unique game for the pyro in all of us. All you have to do is feed the fire! In this challenging game, you try to burn as much rope as you can in each level. There’s a catch! The fire only burns upwards, leaving you to tilt and turn your Vita to keep your flame alive!

As you progress through the levels, you’ll encounter bugs crawling along the rope. Different bugs have different reactions to the flame. For example, the ant changes the color of the flame so you can burn different colored ropes, and the spider shoots out a web bridge so you can access parts of the level that you could not before.

Heavy Fire: Afghanistan – Heavy Fire: Afghanistan – The Chosen Few offers blisteringly fast-paced action set in a modern day Afghanistan

minis

Hotel Mogul

Demos

Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2013
Dogfight 1942
Fuel Overdose
Karateka
Sound Shapes (PS Vita/PS3)
The Unfinished Swan
When Vikings Attack! (PS Vita/PS3)
Zombie Driver HD

#1487 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Dear diary,

I wouldn't complain if the original Oddworld was ported to, well, anything.

Your pal,
handsomepete

#1488 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Dear diary,

I wouldn't complain if the original Oddworld was ported to, well, anything.

Your pal,
handsomepete

You didn't hear about the big remake that they're working on?

#1489 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Thank you so much for sharing!! :)

I've seen pics of the remake back in August but I had no idea they released footage in September. I'm a huge fan of oddysee and exoddus and can't wait for this

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#1490 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Oh. My. It's wonderful.

Edit: AND it'll be on vita? How did I miss this???

#1491 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Oh. My. It's wonderful.

Edit: AND it'll be on vita? How did I miss this???

Not sure. Developer Just Add Water has been slowly HD'ifying the whole Oddworld series. Their port of Strangers Wrath really looks great, and Munch's Odyssee should be coming out very soon.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#1492 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Sonic Racing Transformed drops this week? I've been playing that game for almost a full week now on my Vita. I thought it already had been on the store

#1493 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Here are both parts of my PS+ Preview for Rochard for those that want to see what it is:

#1494 Slashlen

Slashlen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Good thing you got that out before it's taken off the IGC. :)

#1495 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Not sure. Developer Just Add Water has been slowly HD'ifying the whole Oddworld series. Their port of Strangers Wrath really looks great, and Munch's Odyssee should be coming out very soon.

I'm hoping the Strangers Wrath port will really show a quality functional FPS is possible on thr Vita. I know a lot of people still enjoyed Resistance but it definitely had a lukewarm reception.

#1496 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Muramasa is being released on Vita in Japan (no north america announcement). What are they thinking? First, it is wii only even though ps3 owners are the ones that play Japanese and eccentric games. Now, it is a Japanese only Vita release?

#1497 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Holiday sale on PSN over the next few weeks, PS+ members get up to 50% off
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1498 lassiterb

lassiterb

Master of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

18 GB for SSF IV AE???? Are you effing kidding me? Hoping that's a typo.

#1499 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Sonic Racing Transformed drops this week? I've been playing that game for almost a full week now on my Vita. I thought it already had been on the store

Did you pay for it or was there a glitch or price mistake?

#1500 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Holiday sale on PSN over the next few weeks, PS+ members get up to 50% off

Picking up Escape Plan and Rayman Origins for my Vita! That's also a good price for LBPVita if you have PS+
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.