Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1531 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have project Diva, and No
project Diva has no Rear Touchpad option,
you have to scratch front touch screen when Star pops up

well in the Diva room you could touch front and back and play with her.
also pat her, give her food, and gift her, these stuff are just really stupid.

They are not talking bout the game but the actual system itself.

Spoiler

c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#1532 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

I also have the incredible Rayman Origins on PS3. It's hands down the best platformer of this gen (with Donkey Kong Country in a close 2nd). I'm pretty sure the vita & ps3 versions are the same. Like someone mentioned before, the episodic format probably lends itself well to the pick-up-and-go nature of the vita. But, for me, the ps3 version wins by a slight margin because of co-op. It's one of the few games I can actually play with my girlfriend (and not want to kill myself afterwards, lol). I imagine it's fun with kids, too...though it does considerably ramp up in difficulty toward the end. So, yeah, something to consider. I'll probably double dip and get it for vita, eventually, though.

I wonder how they're going to manage the Vita's IGC. I know better than to say, "vita haz no gamez" here, but..uh...yeahhhhh. What can they reasonably give away? Escape Plan looks tempting before you realize it has a 1 in 4 chance of going free next month...

#1533 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Well you do know the market is different outside of Japan. The only reason Project Diva is the second most selling vita is because she is a "goddess". This video still makes me shudder a bit watching it

But I agree that more jrpgs in general should come out for the vita.

WTF did I just watch... that's not even a real person's voice. It's 100% synthesized. What's the point in going to a synthesized concert? It's like getting thousands of people together to watch a youtube video.

#1534 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Beats getting together to watch a Justin Bieber concert.

#1535 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

yum, Escape Plan! I'd like to pull the trigger on Rayman too as I have a strange pull to try and get 100% on it (which will undoubtedly take me until 2040), but I think I've gotta wait until it hits $10.

Keep them sales coming Sony. Also, Anomaly Warzone Earth? Ew.

#1536 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Beats getting together to watch a Justin Bieber concert.

Sad as it is to say, I'd rather watch the Biebes than a digital representation of a computer generated voice. But that's just me.

#1537 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Sad as it is to say, I'd rather watch the Biebes than a digital representation of a computer generated voice. But that's just me.

I went to both, would rather not experience either one of them again.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1538 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ha figures LBP Vita would be even cheaper than all these $20 sales. I may return mine since I haven't opened it.

Also definitely in for Rayman Vita and quite possibly Escape Plan. If you don't have Rayman for either system for gods sake get one of them. Excellent game. PS3 version is better since it supports 2 player. Other than that I'm not sure of any differences.

I thought Stranger's Wrath was releasing for Vita this week? Am I just not seeing it or is it not listed? WTH is going on with that game? I've really been wanting to try it.

#1539 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Ha figures LBP Vita would be even cheaper than all these $20 sales. I may return mine since I haven't opened it.

Also definitely in for Rayman Vita and quite possibly Escape Plan. If you don't have Rayman for either system for gods sake get one of them. Excellent game. PS3 version is better since it supports 2 player. Other than that I'm not sure of any differences.

I thought Stranger's Wrath was releasing for Vita this week? Am I just not seeing it or is it not listed? WTH is going on with that game? I've really been wanting to try it.

This is the holiday sale list. Stranger's Wrath is just releasing this week not getting put on sale for 50% off (though I wish it would)

#1540 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

The Vita version has some touch controls (like you can pop the bubbles), different trophies and every level has hidden things to find (for trophies) that make 2 HUGE murals.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1541 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

This is the holiday sale list. Stranger's Wrath is just releasing this week not getting put on sale for 50% off (though I wish it would)

Oh ffs, thanks I see it now. I had just looked at the drop list also and missed it somehow. Wow awesome week for Vita :)

The Vita version has some touch controls (like you can pop the bubbles), different trophies and every level has hidden things to find (for trophies) that make 2 HUGE murals.

Ah cool. I owned it for Vita at one point but only played it a little. Glad I already have the PS3 version for the 2 player. Will definitely get the Vita version during the sale.

#1542 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

yum, Escape Plan! I'd like to pull the trigger on Rayman too as I have a strange pull to try and get 100% on it (which will undoubtedly take me until 2040), but I think I've gotta wait until it hits $10.

Keep them sales coming Sony. Also, Anomaly Warzone Earth? Ew.

Getting platinum on Rayman is really not that bad. I'd personally rate it a 4-5 difficulty. You should definitely get it, it's great!

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1543 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

New PS+ freebie game is Anomaly Warzone Earth

http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

#1544 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

This was probably already known by everyone but me, but if you have GS credit you can go use some of that on PSN codes. They get sent instantly.

#1545 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Getting platinum on Rayman is really not that bad. I'd personally rate it a 4-5 difficulty. You should definitely get it, it's great!

I definitely put it a lot higher for me, 7/10, since I'm not that good at platformers but it is amazing and I think everyone should play it. Personally I didn't like the previous Raymans but I really enjoyed this game.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1546 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

New PS+ game is Anomaly Warzone Earth

http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

I heard the console versions of this had terrible controls. I've only played it on PC (not a fan) and tablet (amazing controls!)

#1547 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I heard the console versions of this had terrible controls. I've only played it on PC (not a fan) and tablet (amazing controls!)

I'm curious how it would have that bad controls. Isn't it just a take on a tower defense game (tower attack) where you just choose which type of unit to send and then upgrade them? Is there placement involved?

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1548 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm curious how it would have that bad controls. Isn't it just a take on a tower defense game (tower attack) where you just choose which type of unit to send and then upgrade them? Is there placement involved?

You control a little commander and you drop power-ups on your units (like heals and smoke screens.) At least that's the way the PC version worked.

#1549 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

PS+ blog got updated with a Sega sale happening, with PS+ members getting a bigger discount.

& I'm going to assume the Heritage Collection is Nights into Dreams, Sonic Adventure 2, & Jet Set Radio since they were considered part of the collection when being advertised. A shame the Model 2 fighters aren't on sale, but guess we just gotta wait a few more months.

Might as well go for After Burner Climax since it's only $2.50. Despite having it on 360, it's a fun game & I don't mind having digital copies on each system in case one goes down or I have to remove it to make space on one system.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1550 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

PS+ blog got updated with a Sega sale happening, with PS+ members getting a bigger discount

What is in the heritage bundle? In for Hell Yeah and Afterburner though.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1551 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

From ps+ blog for those worrying lbp or Rayman may go free for vita:

"+ Morgan Haro on December 17th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:
While some updates to the PS Vita Plus free games is coming shortly; there are some great deals on some PS Vita content with the Holiday Sale like LBP Vita and Rayman Origins. Those games are not slated to be free in Plus for PS Vita in the near future, so it may not be a bad idea to jump on those deals!"

#1552 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

What is in the heritage bundle? In for Hell Yeah and Afterburner though.

I'm betting it's Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure 2, and Nights.

#1553 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Are the PS3 and Vita Rayman Origins different level designs or the same?
I got the PS3 one as a gift but never played it and played the Vita demo a whole lot.
Is it worth getting the Vita version for a different experience or could I just play the EXACT same game on the PS3 one I own?

The two versions are nearly identical. The only differences are the following:

1: Vita has no multiplayer, PS3 has 4-player drop-in drop-out co-op
2: Vita has touch ability to pop hard-to reach lum bubbles
3: Vita has 3 hidden relics in every level that contribute to trophies and a couple huge murals which are pretty cool to scroll through

Other than that, the graphics, levels, gameplay and controls are all exactly the same.

#1554 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm betting it's Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure 2, and Nights.

And probably space channel.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1555 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

PS+ blog got updated with a Sega sale happening, with PS+ members getting a bigger discount.

Nothing for me, the problem with SEGA sales is that they only have so much content to put on sale, so it kinda turns into the same stuff every time. Good price on Hell Yeah if you didn't pick it up during their last sale a couple weeks ago. Also, another firm reminder that there's really no need to ever buy any digital SEGA content for full price.

Says normal price on the Heritage Collection is $36.95, so no clue what's in there, but probably more than Nights, SA2, and JSR.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1556 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

I wonder if there is any chance of a deal on Okami or Walking Dead...

#1557 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Nothing for me, the problem with SEGA sales is that they only have so much content to put on sale, so it kinda turns into the same stuff every time. Good price on Hell Yeah if you didn't pick it up during their last sale a couple weeks ago. Also, another firm reminder that there's really no need to ever buy any digital SEGA content for full price.

Says normal price on the Heritage Collection is $36.95, so no clue what's in there, but probably more than Nights, SA2, and JSR.

Has to be since the MSRP for them is $30

Walking Dead, yes since all Telltale games have gone on sale before. Heck Ep 1 and 2 were free before.

Okami, I wouldn't hold your breath for a sale this December but there is always a chance.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1558 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Entirely possible since there's still 2 more weeks of deals.

#1559 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'm still gonna wait on LBP and Rayman Origins for Vita. I'm not dying to have either and I think one or both will be PS+ eventually.

Also, looks like next week should bring a new Vita title to PS+. If I'm not mistaken, the PS blog said that we'd get something this month.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#1560 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I bet the Sega Heritage Collection Bundle also includes the SA2 Battle Mode DLC and maybe they'll throw some free themes or avatars in or something (I recall SA2 & Nights had free themes if you bought them on launch day). Since SA2, JSR, & Nights all have the Sega Heritage logo in the intros, I'm pretty sure they'll be the games includes.

Edited by Zonic505, 17 December 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image