Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1561 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Also, looks like next week should bring a new Vita title to PS+. If I'm not mistaken, the PS blog said that we'd get something this month.

You are not mistaken. I, too, think we'll be getting a Vita game next week.

However, there are still actually going to be two more December updates, so it is possible that we don't get a free Vita game until the 31st.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1562 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'm still gonna wait on LBP and Rayman Origins for Vita. I'm not dying to have either and I think one or both will be PS+ eventually.

And therein lies an unattended consequence of IGC. There's too much uncertainty. This especially hurts smaller games. I wish they'd institute some guidelines. Maybe even provide alternatives (ex. chooose game a or b). Provide a timeline -- even a month is better than the weekly thing. I thought I enjoyed the element of weekly surprise, but ehhh....

#1563 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

What's this classic Sonic bundle that's listed as free in the OP? Can't find it in the store.

#1564 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

And therein lies an unattended consequence of IGC. There's too much uncertainty. This especially hurts smaller games. I wish they'd institute some guidelines. Maybe even provide alternatives (ex. chooose game a or b). Provide a timeline -- even a month is better than the weekly thing. I thought I enjoyed the element of weekly surprise, but ehhh....

Just do what I do: don't buy a game unless it's cheap enough that you don't care if it goes free.

I'll also be pickin up Hell Yeah, I avoided it the last time cause it came with the DLC and the DLC seems pretty useless.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1565 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yes / No. Sure it sucks getting a dupe (I personally have it happen 80% of the time), but if you really want the game, then you'll buy it. It really just limits impulse purchases or those who sorta want something, but don't really care. Also in their defense, Sony loves to give away LBP....

• EU Plus subscriber bonus. (1)
  • Welcome Back program (1)
  • Subway Promotion (2)
  • Original House Party Sony event. (2)
  • Second House Party Sony Event (yes they gave it twice)
  • and Instant Game Collection. (2)

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1566 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm still gonna wait on LBP and Rayman Origins for Vita. I'm not dying to have either and I think one or both will be PS+ eventually.

Also, looks like next week should bring a new Vita title to PS+. If I'm not mistaken, the PS blog said that we'd get something this month.

Don't expect LittleBigPlanet Vita to ever be free. And I doubt many more retail games will be for the Vita IGC. Uncharted, Wipeout and Gravity Rush are probably the best games we'll ever see become free. Most PS+ games are free to either sell sequels, DLC or boost online activity.
Posted Image

#1567 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Looking to get Escape Plan, but feel like it will be free one day for PS+ on vita

#1568 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Not the best sale of the year but I hope to see in the next weeks Okami HD for $5 and Trine for $2.50
It is laughable to see Catherine on sale for plus members at $20, didn't the PS Store had it on sale for all at that same price some weeks ago? Also, the disc version has been at $20 on amazon for several weeks now.
Posted Image

#1569 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Don't expect LittleBigPlanet Vita to ever be free. And I doubt many more retail games will be for the Vita IGC. Uncharted, Wipeout and Gravity Rush are probably the best games we'll ever see become free. Most PS+ games are free to either sell sequels, DLC or boost online activity.

Come on, really? One of the dumbest things I've ever read. Maybe some of the best for the next couple months, but Vita and Plus are both going to be around a while. So I can promise you that we'll see better games.

Also, "best" and "better" are both a matter of opinion. I happen to think Uncharted: GA and Gravity Rush are two of the worst the Vita has to offer. Other people think the opposite. To me, Wipeout is the true gem of the Vita IGC right now.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Ohridgens

#1570 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

From ps+ blog for those worrying lbp or Rayman may go free for vita:

"+ Morgan Haro on December 17th, 2012 at 11:23 am said:
While some updates to the PS Vita Plus free games is coming shortly; there are some great deals on some PS Vita content with the Holiday Sale like LBP Vita and Rayman Origins. Those games are not slated to be free in Plus for PS Vita in the near future, so it may not be a bad idea to jump on those deals!"

I'm glad Sony is starting to realize and address the problem they have with giving away free games. This comment will probably get me to purchase Rayman. I hope they come up with a good long-term solution since PS Plus has probably deterred me from purchasing some games. That being said, those games were dirt cheap, so Sony and the developer/publisher probably didn't lose too much by me not buying it.

Sony really needs to just give a credit each month to spend on a specific list of games and that credit just expires at the end of the month, etc. They should do that or just give an A/B choice like someone else mentioned.

#1571 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

This week's PS+ Update:

There’s a lot to love with PlayStation Plus in December. Perhaps you’ve already thought of what a great gift a PS Plus membership makes for your fellow PS3 gamer. Or maybe you’ve been diving into the games in the Instant Game Collection with new additions like BioShock 2, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, and Rochard. Either way, you’ve got more great content on the way with this week’s addition: Anomaly Warzone Earth! You’ll also find some amazing holiday deals on games that you might have missed. Read on to find out more.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

December 18th PlayStation Plus Update

Anomaly Warzone Earth (PS3)

Free for Plus members

Anomaly Warzone Earth is an extraordinary mixture of action and strategy in a reversed tower defense formula. Call it tower offense, if that’s a bit easier. The game tasks you with saving a near-future Earth from an alien onslaught. The invaders have captured world’s major cities, building huge turrets that destroy everything in their path. It’s up to you to lead an armor squad through the streets of cities like Baghdad and Tokyo, planning the route and strategically choosing which units to deploy in order to crush the opposition. Download it today and experience this fantastic twist on strategy gaming.

Holiday Essentials Sale

Various discounts for Plus members

You may have seen the announcement already, but this week marks the first week of the PSN Holiday Sale! You can check out the full announcement here, but here’s the breakdown of all the games that you’ll be able to get an amazing sale price on for this week:

Game - PSN Sale Price - Plus Sale Price
Catherine - $27.99 PSN - $19.60
Counter Strike Global Offensive - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
Dyad - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
Escape Plan - Vita - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
I am Alive - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+
LittleBigPlanet 2 - $13.99 PSN - Free PS+
LittleBigPlanet - Vita - $24.99 PSN - $17.49 PS+
Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - $6.99 PSN - $4.90 PS+
NHL 13 - $41.99 PSN - $29.40 PS+
Rayman Origins - $13.99 PSN - $9.80 PS+
Rayman Origins - Vita - $20.99 PSN - $14.70 PS+
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 PSN - $9.80 PS+
Retro/Grade - $6.99 PSN - $4.90 PS+
Street Fighter: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.35 PS+

SEGA Holiday Sale

Various discounts for Plus members

Our friends at SEGA are also bringing more great games to all of PSN at some truly great prices to celebrate the holidays as well. Just like the PSN Holiday Sale, all PSN gamers get to enjoy some price breaks here, but Plus members get the best deals on the following content:

Game - PSN Sale Price - Plus Sale Price
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Game Only) - $9.99 PSN - $6.99 PS+
SEGA HERITAGE COLLECTION (BUNDLE) - $19.99 PSN - $14.99 PS+
Sonic 4: Ep1 & 2 Full game Bundle - $14.99 PSN - $11.99 PS+
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $9.99 PSN - $7.49 PS+
Hell Yeah Full game - $9.99 PSN - $5.99 PS+
Hell Yeah - Pimp My Rabbit Pack - $1.99 PSN - $1.00 PS+
Hell Yeah - The Virtual Rabbit Mission - $2.99 PSN - $1.50 PS+
After Burner Climax - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Crazy Taxi - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Daytona USA - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Crush - PSP - $4.99 PSN - $2.50 PS+
Sonic Rivals - PSP - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Sonic Rivals 2 - PSP - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+

That’s it for this week’s update, and remember that the above updates will be in effect once the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. See you next week for more on PlayStation Plus!

While we definitely want you to let us know your thoughts in the comments below, make sure you’re digging in to the PlayStation Community Forums in the Plus space where you’ll find great new information and perspectives from your fellow gamer. Enjoy the update, and see you in the comments.

http://blog.us.plays...ust-have-games/

More information on the Holiday Essentials sale:

Here at PlayStation, we’re gearing up for the holiday season. In the spirit of giving, we’re giving you some great discounts on more than 40 titles over the next three weeks. Each week will highlight some of the best PS3, PS Vita and PSN games available in the PlayStation Store. Featuring trippy music/racing hybrid Dyad, PS Vita side-scrolling puzzler Escape Plan, sure-to-become-classics like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Rayman Origins, plus plenty more, we’ve got you covered. Starting today, you can save 30% — or up to 50% for PlayStation Plus members — on a variety of hot games, listed below. If the lineup below isn’t enough, we’ll be refreshing this list with a whole new batch next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31), so stay tuned.

All of these titles will be on sale for one week only — December 18th to December 24th — so head into the PlayStation Store before these discounts melt away. And don’t forget to check back on PSN next week (12/24) and the following week (12/31) for more great discounts on other Holiday Essentials games.

Definitely in for Rayman Vita and Escape Plan. I also heartily endorse Retro/Grade for those with guitar controllers.

I'd imagine the Heritage Collection includes some of those recent old Sega games that they've been releasing lately.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1572 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

LBP vita doesn't have a mass amount of DLC? The main reason lbp2 is still free on ps3 is because its known, sells plus and DLC. Think lbp vita can do the same.

LBP2 had been out a year and a half before it went free. LBP Vita has only been out a few months.
Posted Image

#1573 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

What's this classic Sonic bundle that's listed as free in the OP? Can't find it in the store.

It's just Sonic 1 & 2 for Genesis grouped together. If you have either one of them or both, the bundle won't appear for you.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1574 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

LBP2 had been out a year and a half before it went free. LBP Vita has only been out a few months.

Doesn't mean it won't be free in a year. *Ever* is a really long time for anyone to say anything with certainty. The real problem with giving away too many retail games right now is that there are only like 12 of them. No point in selling your system at a loss if you're not going to sell any games either.

#1575 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

wow, another sega sale. hellz yeah has been on sale every month since release, i almost bit on that dlc bundle for 10.xx, but ill pick up the vanilla for 5.xx. thanx.
also haha i already have anomaly, i think im 6/6 from the past ps+ free contents since re5/bio2/ssf4/rochard/anomoly/etc. woot! im still super supportive of ps+, i just need to quit owning everything.
2013 is the year i won't buy anymore games and work out my backlog. <- lies

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1576 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

The funny thing about the whole weekly/monthly thing was that everyone on the PS Blog bitched that they hated the monthly rollouts because all the major games were released at the beginning of the month, and the end of the month was boring. So they switched to the weekly format, and now people are bitching about that.

Just look at EU this month, yeah they got Batman/Vanquish/Limbo on the 3rd. But for the rest of the month they're getting 1 Vita game and 2 niche PSN games that won't appeal to the masses. If that happened here, the blog would be aflame with comments about how lame the tail end of December is.

I personally like the weekly format (and look forward to every Monday morning for the new PS+ update), but if they switch back to monthly that is fine too, as long as they don't keep running into problems where they advertise a deal they're not able to provide later in the month. Weekly updates prevent this from happening most of the time (when it does happen, it's usually due to a typo)

Just do what I do: don't buy a game unless it's cheap enough that you don't care if it goes free.

I'll also be pickin up Hell Yeah, I avoided it the last time cause it came with the DLC and the DLC seems pretty useless.

This is pretty good advice. Also, if you don't think you're gonna play the game fairly soon, don't buy it. This is my quandary with Escape Plan. I'm not sure if I'll shoot it to the top of my Vita backlog. If I do play it right away, I won't regret paying $7.50 for it even when it does eventually go free (assuming it does). If I don't play it right away, I'll certainly regret it if it goes free while it's still in my backlog.

Not the best sale of the year but I hope to see in the next weeks Okami HD for $5 and Trine for $2.50
It is laughable to see Catherine on sale for plus members at $20, didn't the PS Store had it on sale for all at that same price some weeks ago? Also, the disc version has been at $20 on amazon for several weeks now.

Okami HD for $5? I think you're gonna be waiting for a while.

Sony really needs to just give a credit each month to spend on a specific list of games and that credit just expires at the end of the month, etc. They should do that or just give an A/B choice like someone else mentioned.

There's no way they could just give a PSN credit each month and expect to see any sort of profit from PS+. Unless the credit was about $4.00 each month.

wow, another sega sale. hellz yeah has been on sale every month since release, i almost bit on that dlc bundle for 10.xx, but ill pick up the vanilla for 5.xx. thanx.
also haha i already have anomaly, i think im 6/6 from the past ps+ free contents since re5/bio2/ssf4/rochard/anomoly/etc. woot! im still super supportive of ps+, i just need to quit owning everything.
2013 is the year i won't buy anymore games and work out my backlog. <- lies

I've had the last 4 PS+ games already, last new one for me was Dungeon Defenders. But I'm still a huge supporter of PS+ too. Also, ditto to your last sentence. HAHA

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1577 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Not sure which platform to get Rayman but i'm in for escape plan.

And frisky, I searched the ps store for J&D (i thought i got the game for free back then lol) and i noticed the J&D collection is now $19.99

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#1578 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Come on, really? One of the dumbest things I've ever read. Maybe some of the best for the next couple months, but Vita and Plus are both going to be around a while. So I can promise you that we'll see better games.

Also, "best" and "better" are both a matter of opinion. I happen to think Uncharted: GA and Gravity Rush are two of the worst the Vita has to offer. Other people think the opposite. To me, Wipeout is the true gem of the Vita IGC right now.

Yo imma let you finish, but Gravity Rush is one of the best handheld games of all time!

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#1579 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

http://blog.us.plays...n-psn-tomorrow/

Papo & Yo will be a part of the 12/24 stage of the Holiday Essentials sale. The soundtrack will be released tomorrow, probably for $9.99, and it'll be on sale for 15% off ($8.50) for PSN members and 30% off ($7.00) for PS+ members.

#1580 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

And frisky, I searched the ps store for J&D (i thought i got the game for free back then lol) and i noticed the J&D collection is now $19.99

http://www.cheapassg...4&postcount=961

#1581 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

http://blog.us.plays...n-psn-tomorrow/

Papo & Yo will be a part of the 12/24 stage of the Holiday Essentials sale. The soundtrack will be released tomorrow, probably for $9.99, and it'll be on sale for 15% off ($8.50) for PSN members and 30% off ($7.00) for PS+ members.

If you haven't picked up Papo & Yo, do yourself a favor. It doesn't have Modern Warfare 3 production values, but it's worth playing if you care at all about people and their stories.

#1582 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

If you haven't picked up Papo & Yo, do yourself a favor. It doesn't have Modern Warfare 3 production values, but it's worth playing if you care at all about people and their stories.

+1, Papo & Yo is a fantastic game and shows that a game doesn't need to be 10+ hours to tell a great story.

BumslieOG.png

#1583 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Also in their defense, Sony loves to give away LBP....

I've noticed they like to give away games that have a ton of DLC to purchase. Makes sense to me.

KneeKnee.png

#1584 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I've noticed they like to give away games that have a ton of DLC to purchase. Makes sense to me.

I've noticed that a long time ago and posted that in here, the problems are sales discounted on DLC is not so much happenning, because they don't tend to release discount on same day when the game is released free.

Last week on EU they did that with Batman they should do that more often to boost sales for PS+ subscribers.
:error:
Spoiler

#1585 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I've noticed that a long time ago and posted that in here, the problems are sales discounted on DLC is not so much happenning, because they don't tend to release discount on same day when the game is released free.

Last week on EU they did that with Batman they should do that more often to boost sales for PS+ subscribers.

That's the point though.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1586 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Doesn't mean it won't be free in a year. *Ever* is a really long time for anyone to say anything with certainty. The real problem with giving away too many retail games right now is that there are only like 12 of them. No point in selling your system at a loss if you're not going to sell any games either.

I really hate that argument... since I have played 32 Vita games and there are probably 60 at the moment total. While I am not saying they should, I could easily see it being something like...

Month 1 = Reality Fighter
Month 2 = Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (since 2 is out)
Month 3 = Resistance Burning Skies
Month 4 = New Little King Story
Month 5 = Modnation Racers
Month 6 = Dokuro
Month 7 = Littlebigplanet Vita (since it's E3)
Month 8 = Little Deviants
etc

The Vita has plenty of titles they could give and no one would be hyped. Here is just a small idea, with plenty of titles I doubt as selling. Again, don't think we should get a retail game a month, though they could easily do it without much of a negative impact.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1587 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

What's the deal with SCEA and SEGA? Way too many SEGA sales in the past few weeks, it needs to stop.

Already own the stuff for the general PSN sale, no need for digital copies that may or may not be supported come PS4 because Sony hates backwards compatability enough to ditch the Cell processor.

Waiting on GameFly to wrap things up for this year.

#1588 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

What's the deal with SCEA and SEGA? Way too many SEGA sales in the past few weeks, it needs to stop.

Already own the stuff for the general PSN sale, no need for digital copies that may or may not be supported come PS4 because Sony hates backwards compatability enough to ditch the Cell processor.

Waiting on GameFly to wrap things up for this year.

It doesn't have anything to do with SCEA. Sega just loves to put their games on sale, though they always put games on sale during the holiday break.

#1589 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

+1, papo & yo is a fantastic game and shows that a game doesn't need to be 10+ hours to tell a great story.

luuuulaaaahhhh

#1590 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Hell yeah for me. Also, I know its old as dirt and all, but I really liked After Burner Climax. Anyone who likes arcade flying games will get $2.50 out of it.

Tyler is an asshole

Wrencrest.png