Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1621 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Not sure how much longer the Music Unlimited deal for $12 for plus members runs, but that service is really solid. I knew nothing about it, but have been playing a lot of Need for Speed on Vita. My search for custom soundtracks led me to the service and it works great on Vita, but there is also an IOS app and it works through Chrome as well. So far nothing I have searched for has not come up, for a $1 a month this seems like an incredible deal.

Awesome. I didn't know you could use music unlimited whole playing. Thanks.

#1622 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Did you miss the NIS America sale that's happening right now as well? Legitimate question since it isn't being heavily advertised but has some pretty nice deals if you're into their games.

Where's the sale?

#1623 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Is Sonic 4 Episode 2 worth it at that new Ps+ price?

Eeeh, 1/2 off is decent, I guess. Though knowing Sega, might be at that price again or lower.

Honestly, it's not a bad Sonic game, but just sort of on the "meh" side. I recall paying $10 & while I didn't hate it (aside from trying to get some of the last emeralds), it didn't leave a huge impact. If ya liked Ep. 1, you'll probably like Ep. 2.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1624 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

:roll:

Buddy, there's usually a weekly publisher deal when PSN updates. SEGA has been on this for weeks. I'm so sick of seeing NIGHTS, Sonic whatever, wacky SEGA classics, etc dominate the store. Plus you missed the biggest caveat, the rumors persist that Sony has abandoned the Cell platform and switched to AMD completely, meaning all your lovely digital goods you purchased off PSN will not work on PS4.

Then why buy any PSN games and why even be in this thread if that's the biggest caveat?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1625 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Then why buy any PSN games and why even be in this thread if that's the biggest caveat?

Why buy ANY games not just PSN ones. The next gen will be superior so why not just wait a full year without playing anything new. ;)

#1626 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Where's the sale?

Disgaea and Prinny are on sale, as well as some DLC for D4, I think? Oh, and Cladun2, as well as ZHP, will be going on sale starting today.

#1627 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Awesome. I didn't know you could use music unlimited whole playing. Thanks.

I'm not sure you can. That post sounded that way to me at first, but I have the MU service and it adds an app to your xmb. I don't see how you would run it while playing a game. Of course I have never tried, because PS3 doesn't generally allow multitasking. If it's possible, someone please correct. I would love for that to be the case.

#1628 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

:roll:

Buddy, there's usually a weekly publisher deal when PSN updates. SEGA has been on this for weeks. I'm so sick of seeing NIGHTS, Sonic whatever, wacky SEGA classics, etc dominate the store. Plus you missed the biggest caveat, the rumors persist that Sony has abandoned the Cell platform and switched to AMD completely, meaning all your lovely digital goods you purchased off PSN will not work on PS4.

If PSN games aren't compatible with PS4, I'll eat my dick. Software can run on hardware it wasn't built for. It has been done before, believe it or not. Please don't talk about things so conclusively when you have absolutely no idea whether its true or not.

#1629 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

If PSN games aren't compatible with PS4, I'll eat my dick.

Regardless of my past purchases, I now hope the PS4 has no PSN compatibility.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1630 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Regardless of my past purchases, I now hope the PS4 has no PSN compatibility.

i'll be selling the video at $50 a pop

#1631 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

If PSN games aren't compatible with PS4, I'll eat my dick. Software can run on hardware it wasn't built for. It has been done before, believe it or not. Please don't talk about things so conclusively when you have absolutely no idea whether its true or not.

He can talk about it all he wants. The rest of us will just roll our eyes and chuckle.

;)

#1632 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Disgaea and Prinny are on sale, as well as some DLC for D4, I think? Oh, and Cladun2, as well as ZHP, will be going on sale starting today.

Oohhh the ones that were announced last week. Thanks.

#1633 argyle

argyle

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Already own the stuff for the general PSN sale, no need for digital copies that may or may not be supported come PS4 because Sony hates backwards compatability enough to ditch the Cell processor.

Wait, what? Are you saying that you believe Sony is ditching the cell just because they don't want bc? :-s They're going to a more standard hardware next gen so they don't have to put up with the sub-par ports they've been plagued with this gen, because devs don't want to learn their specialized hardware. If the price we pay for getting better multi-platform games is no b/c, I'm ok with that. Not like my PS3 is going to disintegrate next year anway.
Posted Image

#1634 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

regardless of my past purchases, i now hope the ps4 has no psn compatibility.

+1

#1635 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Sony tried grafting on the PS2 CPU to the launch PS3 systems and it contributed to its $600 pricetag. When they quickly moved to cut the price the PS2 GPU and then the PS2 CPU were the first things to get cut to keep the price down.

The Cell is an even more complicated piece of hardware. Just about every single rumor I've seen is that Sony is done with the Cell, and it will not be used as the processor for the PS4. If backwards compatibility means slapping a Cell processor on a PS4 mobo simply for the sake of backwards compatibility, they hopefully learned their lesson and will not do so to keep the price down.

Yes, software emulation for PS3 games is still a possibility. As they've shown with the recent PS2 collections they're more likely to sell you the software emulation piece by piece rather than give it away for free with each system.

#1636 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ratchet FFA comes out on Vita Jan 29 whee

#1637 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Mr. Bubbles's rant

Mr. Bubbles angry. Mr. Bubbles hear rumors. Mr. Bubbles more angry. Hear Mr. Bubbles roar!

So...I hope Dokuro goes on sale.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1638 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

GungHo Online just tweeted this news a bit ago - Dokuro goes on holiday sale today for just $9.99. The sale will go from starting today when the store updates until Jan. 8th. They also have a Facebook contest going on with it as well - http://www.facebook....404495889627463

That takes one game off my list I wanted from this sale. $10 is a no brainer!

RPGHope18.png

#1639 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

GungHo Online just tweeted this news a bit ago - Dokuro goes on holiday sale today for just $9.99. The sale will go from starting today when the store updates until Jan. 8th.

NICE! :bouncy: Those prizes look awesome. I love the look of Dokuro and it's been on my list for a while now.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1640 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

GungHo Online just tweeted this news a bit ago - Dokuro goes on holiday sale today for just $9.99. The sale will go from starting today when the store updates until Jan. 8th. They also have a Facebook contest going on with it as well - http://www.facebook....404495889627463

Sweeeet, and MrBubbles is an idiot.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1641 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

What is Dokura about? I've never heard about the game, but you guys make it sound worth it. Convince me to buy it!
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1642 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I won't be getting a vita for awhile but I just might get that, it looks awesome.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1643 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

What is Dokura about? I've never heard about the game, but you guys make it sound worth it. Convince me to buy it!

That should be all I need to do to convince you. :bouncy:

RPGHope18.png

#1644 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Ranting and misinformation

Ok, I feel like someone should correct the misinformation here. The reason the PS3 lost BC was a laundry list of things that happened.
1) They changed graphics card companies. So the PS2 company got all pissed and refused to allow true emulation of the chip.
2) They tried adding on the PS2 hardware but that ended up being way too costly (and still didn't fully work)
3) So they resorted to dropping it entirely.

It wasn't because Sony wanted to cash in on digital sales (but I'm sure it helped). The real reason was because they couldn't sell a $600 PS2. So they cut the price and focused on selling people new games.

#1645 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

It's cool that we have insane conspiracy theorists on this board.

I bet they'd get even more mad if I told them I already played my PSN games and that non-PS3 BC wouldn't bother me that much.

#1646 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

That should be all I need to do to convince you. :bouncy:

I'm sold. You can only play this on the Vita correct? I don't have one yet, but do you think it's a great price later down the road?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1647 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Ok, I feel like someone should correct the misinformation here. The reason the PS3 lost BC was a laundry list of things that happened.
1) They changed graphics card companies. So the PS2 company got all pissed and refused to allow true emulation of the chip.
2) They tried adding on the PS2 hardware but that ended up being way too costly (and still didn't fully work)
3) So they resorted to a dropping it entirely.

It wasn't because Sony wanted to cash in on digital sales (but I'm sure it helped). The real reason was because they couldn't sell a $600 PS2. So they cut the price and focused on selling people new games.

Can you point out exactly where I was misleading anyone? Specifically the bit about "Sony took out BC to resell you games"? I never alluded to that, I said it was a scumbag move to push for PS+ and then have the PS4 not playback any PS3 software, that would be mindboggling stupid (just like anti-used games lockout).

The PS3 was originally intended to do software emulation before it was scrapped at the last minute in favor of hardware emulation. The European launch models used a hybrid of both software and hardware for PS2 games -- which was later taken and used for the 2nd gen fat PS3 models.

And if by rant you mean articulating why not having BC for next-gen is unacceptable given the push for more PS+ subscriptions, then yeah, totally a rant. If Sony wants more people to pay for a premium service such as PS+, the very least they could do is make the library compatible on the PS4.

Oh and by the way, it was Microsoft, not Sony who was not allowed to use the GPU in their next console. NVidia claimed the rights and wanted royalty fees, Microsoft said lol no and asked AMD for help (ATI at the time). It's the reason why the Xbox 360's BC is purely software emulated, they didn't want to pay Nvidia for what was essentially their own chip device.

Probably not gonna get an apology out of you. :P

#1648 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Why cant we just concentrate on what we know?

What we know is that there are a shit ton of quality games to play right now on PS3 (and 360/PC for that matter). And a vast majority of those titles are cheap and getting cheaper by the minute. I wont be upgrading to a new PS4 or 720 anytime soon because I am happy as of now with the graphics and games out on my PS3. At this rate I wont finish my current backlog until 2020 anyway.

When the new PS4 and 720 come out and we know the facts then we can all decide which is best on our own terms. Until we know the facts, speculating on what Sony will or wont/cant do is pointless really. They better know that anything near $600 wont sell though. Thats a given. :)

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#1649 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Sorry...I'll stop adding fuel to the fire wrencrest. :x

#1650 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

The holiday deals change weekly or they only add new deal each week?