Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1651 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

It's just Sonic 1 & 2 for Genesis grouped together. If you have either one of them or both, the bundle won't appear for you.

Weird, I've never bought either of them and still don't see them in the store. Oh well.

#1652 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

GungHo Online just tweeted this news a bit ago - Dokuro goes on holiday sale today for just $9.99. The sale will go from starting today when the store updates until Jan. 8th. They also have a Facebook contest going on with it as well - http://www.facebook....404495889627463

That takes one game off my list I wanted from this sale. $10 is a no brainer!

God I can get 31 in my sleep, but 30 seems impossible... ><

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1653 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I'm sold. You can only play this on the Vita correct? I don't have one yet, but do you think it's a great price later down the road?

Yeah it is for the vita.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1654 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hmm, tempted by Dokuro for 1/2 off. Give me something to play aside from Persona 4 Golden & when I gotta go out of town Thursday.

I'm sold. You can only play this on the Vita correct? I don't have one yet, but do you think it's a great price later down the road?

Considering it's $10 instead of $20, I think this'll be the lowest it'll get for some time, especially since it came out in early July.

The holiday deals change weekly or they only add new deal each week?

According to the blog post, they'll be switching them out each week.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1655 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm trying to decide between Rayman Origins and Dokuro; I'll likely only be able to pick up one of the two this week...

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#1656 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

I'm trying to decide between Rayman Origins and Dokuro; I'll likely only be able to pick up one of the two this week...

I would say Dokuro, since it's unique, worth the money at 20, has a platinum and is pretty easy to beat / platinum.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1657 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Mr. Bubbles angry. Mr. Bubbles hear rumors. Mr. Bubbles more angry. Hear Mr. Bubbles roar!

So...I hope Dokuro goes on sale.

GungHo Online just tweeted this news a bit ago - Dokuro goes on holiday sale today for just $9.99. The sale will go from starting today when the store updates until Jan. 8th. They also have a Facebook contest going on with it as well - http://www.facebook....404495889627463

That takes one game off my list I wanted from this sale. $10 is a no brainer!

That was cool Namerson! Ask for it and 1 minute later you get it!

Why cant we just concentrate on what we know?

What we know is that there are a shit ton of quality games to play right now on PS3 (and 360/PC for that matter). And a vast majority of those titles are cheap and getting cheaper by the minute. I wont be upgrading to a new PS4 or 720 anytime soon because I am happy as of now with the graphics and games out on my PS3. At this rate I wont finish my current backlog until 2020 anyway.

When the new PS4 and 720 come out and we know the facts then we can all decide which is best on our own terms. Until we know the facts, speculating on what Sony will or wont/cant do is pointless really. They better know that anything near $600 wont sell though. Thats a given. :)

I'm like you. Because of my backlog, I won't be buying either of the new consoles until at least 18 months after they release. I'm actually looking forward to the end of the 360/PS3 console cycle, so I can start making a bigger dent in my backlog.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#1658 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hey just wanted to mention since I posted in the Lockerz thread that they have

Persona 4 Golden, Zero Escape and AC III Liberation for $25.99.
Also they have a 16 GB cards for $38.99 and 32 GB $59.99.

http://shop.lockerz....n82qho6hmlbg513

I know the site isn't talked much but these deals are great. I decided to post here and in the original thread. Also sent a few CAG's this deal.

BumslieOG.png

#1659 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm not sure you can. That post sounded that way to me at first, but I have the MU service and it adds an app to your xmb. I don't see how you would run it while playing a game. Of course I have never tried, because PS3 doesn't generally allow multitasking. If it's possible, someone please correct. I would love for that to be the case.

He's talking about Vita, which definitely offers that. Just add songs/albums to your library for offline use and you can listen to them while playing games.

#1660 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

We're at the end of the PS3's lifespan after all. It's somewhat sad to see so many people be taken for a ride here, the original PS3s had an expiration date and so will the Slim PS3s.

So you're starting all of this shit to try to be our savior and show us the light to not buy anything on PSN because of hypothetical situations that you assume will happen for the next console? Get that shit out of here and take it to the PS3 forum if you want to keep talking about it. I don't want your crap further derailing this thread.

#1661 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

So you're starting all of this shit to try to be our savior and show us the light to not buy anything on PSN because of hypothetical situations that you assume will happen for the next console? Get that shit out of here and take it to the PS3 forum if you want to keep talking about it. I don't want your crap further derailing this thread.

Posts like these make me wish we could "thumbs up" posts. Well said, Frisky.

#1662 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

I can confirm the Dokuro sale for this week:

GungHo Online Entertainment America Announces Puzzle Platformer Dokuro Now Available at $9.99 for the Holidays, Releases New Trailer Showing Nearly 150 Levels

GungHo Online Entertainment America , a multiplatform publisher for the online gaming community, today confirmed that the company’s inaugural title, Dokuro, for the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, is now on sale as digital download on the PlayStation®Network at a special holiday price of $9.99. This 50% discount will run on the PlayStation®Store from today to January 8, making now a great time for both hardcore gamers and puzzle fanatics alike to get in on Dokuro’s unique blend of action, platforming and puzzle gameplay.

Dokuro is a one of a kind action puzzle game that combines side scrolling platform-style acrobatics with puzzle solving, and uses the PS Vita’s front and back touch panels to enable players to metamorphose the game’s protagonist between two different forms – each of which features unique and advantageous skills – as well as manipulate the game’s environment in order to solve puzzles.

Spanning nearly 150 levels, Dokuro challenges players to utilize both Dokuro’s skeletal and hero forms to approach and tackle the various puzzles, traps, spiked pits and boss battles in order to save the princess. To give players an idea of just how large the game is, Gung Ho Online Entertainment America has released a trailer that shows snippets of the challenges Dokuro faces as he battles through 147 levels to save the princess from the forces of darkness. To download this new video asset, please visit the FTP below.

Dokuro is now available on the PS Vita via the PlayStation Network at a limited time price of $9.99 with an ESRB rating of E10+. Developed in Japan by GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc, Dokuro is published in North America by GungHo Online Entertainment America. GungHo Online Entertainment America will also be releasing Dokuro in Europe this winter. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com. Fans can also follow on Facebook and Twitter.

#1663 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

As I said earlier Dokuro will be on sale until January 8th. So if you only have money for one right now then get Rayman, since that is only for this week.

RPGHope18.png

#1664 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Sorry Frisky for taking the bait... :(

Dokuro looks pretty fun. I'm not sure I have time for another Vita game right now but if it really is on sale until Jan 8th I'll probably pick it up before then.

#1665 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Are we able to 'search' the store like we used to be able to and find the week's new content? Not sure if its not working or if the content simply isn't there.

#1666 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Are we able to 'search' the store like we used to be able to and find the week's new content? Not sure if its not working or if the content simply isn't there.

From my experience, it's not necessary with this store. When new stuff is up, it'll show up in the New Releases section automatically. That stuff doesn't seem to be hidden until it's all ready like the old store.

#1667 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hey Friski can you update me on when or if Sony will ever have a NA online store like the EU?

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1668 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

I have no clue.

#1669 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

I can confirm the Dokuro sale for this week:

Man, I just bought Dokuro a couple weeks ago @ the $20 price point, when I was looking for stuff to play on my Vita. Bummer for me.

On the other hand, I have been enjoying it quite a lot, so I'm not all that upset. It seems pretty long - from looking at the trophies (there's a platinum too, for those who care) there are 15 worlds (with 10 levels each), and I'm near the end of world 8 at the moment. I've put a few hours into it so far, and gotten stuck a few times on trickier puzzles; it's very fun, with just the right amount of challenge, and each world introduces a new mechanic, which keeps things interesting.

I would most certainly recommend it for only $10.
Posted Image

#1670 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-793672

Confirmation that you don't need to buy the LBP2 Cross Controller DLC to use it with community levels.

http://blog.us.plays...-ps-vita-today/

Knytt Underground is $14.99 with Cross Buy support. Trailer below (Ripstone UK strikes again with another UK PS+ trailer and no alternate for the US PS Blog):

#1671 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

RUMOR/PS Blog Post that was taken down:
Spoiler

Any confirmation that the 24th or 31st update could have these?

#1672 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

If anyone else is waiting on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for the Vita to show up in the store you can do a search for it to find it. It's $29.99 and includes the same bonus content that the retail version does. I was kind of hoping Sega would have priced it a little lower than retail, but since I already have some PSN credit I might just download it anyway.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#1673 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Spoiler

It's possible they could be the games on sale next week or the week after (I sure hope so, I really want Gundemonium Collection & Acceleration of Sugari X Edition for such low prices), but there's no word on when exactly they'll go on sale.

Also, I'm seeing Dokuro at its discounted price, so if you were waiting to get it, now's your chance.

Edited by Zonic505, 18 December 2012 - 11:17 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1674 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Spoiler

I hope that is true, I would literally get every single game.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1675 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Spoiler

you can see that magic 2013 has already strike on the first update so that is one step closer for the rumor to be true but the price on this update is much ch3eaper than the one who was said before
:error:
Spoiler

#1676 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

The PSN store just updated for me, time for me to get some games.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1677 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Friski is the Two worlds II velvet the entire game for $5 or just the dlc?

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1678 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Bully's been added as a PS2 Classic for $9.99. Surprising.

#1679 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

"Sound Shapes PS Vita Demo: Cannot download using a PS Vita system"

......okay. Guess I should just wait for the store to fully update.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1680 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Darn...looks like no Borderlands 2 Hammerlock DLC this week like some were expecting, unless they are adding it at the very end.