Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2401 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Thanks to everyone for the answers about the PSASBR. I'm glad I got a PSN $50 card instead of the actual disc game since I think this would be a better quick load digital type game.

#2402 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

When I go to the ps store on my Vita Metal Gear Solid 3 HD is not on sale for 7.34 it is 19.99. I thought it was on sale? I am PS+ member.

#2403 rpg

rpg

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

When I go to the ps store on my Vita Metal Gear Solid 3 HD is not on sale for 7.34 it is 19.99. I thought it was on sale? I am PS+ member.

its the ps3 version thats on sale

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD – PS3 Game (now: $10.49 original price: $14.99 Plus price: $7.34)

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PMinsane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifBen 10: Omniverse 2 $4.46-R or TimeShare  2014 Completed Games

#2404 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Good stuff. I actually do like that EU list better. I just Googled how to create an EU PSN account, but can I use a PS+ redemption code that I buy in the US (i.e. Gamestop or Amazon) to subscribe to the EU PS+?

I'm not positive but I don't believe you can. I think EU and US each have their own codes. Also that blog doesn't mention the latest games. US got Bioshock 2, Super Street Fighter IV: AE, and Rochard I think it was. EU got Batman Arkham City, Limbo, and Vanquish. EU wins again imo. That blog list is also missing Crysis 2 which was given away free for PS+ (EU only, although it was a couple months ago and is no longer free).

Either way get whatever you're getting soon since the month is almost up.

#2405 shytface

shytface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Don't know the answer to your question, but just wanted to make sure you knew that Best Buy will have PS All Stars on sale for $39.99 next week. My recommendation is to get a physical copy you could potentially sell later. I was really excited for this game from the beginning, but was pretty disappointed when I finally got it. The fact that super moves are the only way to score points/win made me feel like everything I was doing besides super moves were inconsequential.

Yeah my brother in law picked up a copy today at GS and I feel exactly the same way after playing it. I actually told him after a few hours of playing that there should be a life bar of some sort because certain characters have pretty weak supers. He got a gutted copy so maybe that would make it easier to return if he doesn't like it all that much, blessing in disguise?

#2406 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

You can get the HD Collection for Vita right now it's on sale for PS+ members - $17.14
Posted Image

#2407 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

that's a really good price for dokuro... i paid a lot more than that for the physical copy

#2408 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Has Strangers Wrath for PS3 ever been on sale other than when it was released? Wondering if picking up the Vita version now would be a waste of funds. It doesn't seem like JAW participates much in PSN sales though.

#2409 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Has Strangers Wrath for PS3 ever been on sale other than when it was released? Wondering if picking up the Vita version now would be a waste of funds. It doesn't seem like JAW participates much in PSN sales though.

It definitely went on sale once, though it might have only been like 20% off. But it was definitely on some sort of discount when I bought it. Let me do some research.

EDIT: SEN isn't letting me sign in. I guess I won't be able to figure out when I purchased it. I'm almost positive it was 20%-30% for PS+ subscribers some time in early 2012.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#2410 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

If anyone is on the fence about Journey, I can't recommend it enough. Just bought it with Plus and I finally understand what the fuss is about. Well worth the ~$7.

#2411 rpg

rpg

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

It definitely went on sale once, though it might have only been like 20% off. But it was definitely on some sort of discount when I bought it. Let me do some research.

EDIT: SEN isn't letting me sign in. I guess I won't be able to figure out when I purchased it. I'm almost positive it was 20%-30% for PS+ subscribers some time in early 2012.

it was 30 % off for two weeks only

http://www.oddworld....nd-ps/#comments

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-222/

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PMinsane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifBen 10: Omniverse 2 $4.46-R or TimeShare  2014 Completed Games

#2412 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

it was 30 % off for two weeks only

http://www.oddworld....nd-ps/#comments

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-222/

Thanks.

For all the horror stories about buying games that later become free, this is a good example of the opposite. I jumped on a 30% discount on the game in January, and since then the game hasn't gone free (in the US) or even received another discount.

#2413 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Does anyone think that the Walking Dead episodes will be 50% off anytime soon? I have the first two episodes from PS+ but they are half off on XBLA right now and I'm considering grabbing them.

#2414 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

Does anyone think that the Walking Dead episodes will be 50% off anytime soon? I have the first two episodes from PS+ but they are half off on XBLA right now and I'm considering grabbing them.

I'm hoping for this as well...

#2415 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm sure there will be a sale on it at some point but if you haven't played it at all I'd highly recommend it for Vita. I'm having a ton of fun with it and it's easily one of the best Vita games at any price.

#2416 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

I'm going to take the plunge and sign up for ps+. Thanks for the input everyone.

#2417 killthee

killthee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

The Vita version is supposed to go on sale (25% off) early next year.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-794345

#2418 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

The Vita version is supposed to go on sale (25% off) early next year.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-794345

I think that comment was referring to buying both the PS3 and Vita versions. If you double dipped you'd get 25% off the total. Not sure if that sale is still in effect or not.

#2419 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

I think that comment was referring to buying both the PS3 and Vita versions. If you double dipped you'd get 25% off the total. Not sure if that sale is still in effect or not.

I can't seem to get the 25% off deal to work at all. Not a big deal personally because I won't be double dipping until it's at least 50% off.

How does the game control on Vita? Particularly the FPS sections? Sad but true, I've seen some mentions that this is probably the best FPS game on Vita at the moment.

#2420 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

That's because the deal is only available for European users. As for the FPS controls, they're fine. I don't know about BEST fps on the vita since i blazed through resistance and shut those memories away, but it's a pretty good game.

#2421 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Just bought a $50 PSN card in hopes PS+ does something awesome to entice new users after Christmas. Make me renew, Sony!

#2422 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Just bought a $50 PSN card in hopes PS+ does something awesome to entice new users after Christmas. Make me renew, Sony!

I signed up for the Sony Playstation credit card and with the $50 sony voucher after first purchase, I signed up for a year of PS+. Then, I used the card for everything until I got $5000 points and cashed those in for another $50 card for another year of PS+. This is my plan to continue with PS+, and so far I am set for the next 2-1/2 years with the extra month here and there from game purchases and trial codes.

#2423 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Pretty sure 3 months of plus will be $13 next monday

#2424 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I signed up for the Sony Playstation credit card and with the $50 sony voucher after first purchase, I signed up for a year of PS+. Then, I used the card for everything until I got $5000 points and cashed those in for another $50 card for another year of PS+. This is my plan to continue with PS+, and so far I am set for the next 2-1/2 years with the extra month here and there from game purchases and trial codes.

Posted Image

I will no longer be a slave to my backlog!

#2425 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Keep looking at that Two Worlds II Velvet GOTY edition for $5. On Amazon it's $19.99 for the disc version with the velvet box, pirate head and map:
http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

You can get the original Collectors Edition from Amazon as well for the 360 for $29.99:
http://www.amazon.co...s=two worlds ii

Looks like a lot of nice stuff, but the reviews are very mixed on the game. Perhaps the $5 version is the way to go and if I like it, I could always order the CE or Velvet Ed for the swag and sell off the game.

Only thing that's holding me back is all the mixed reviews on the game itself. Any thoughts on this game?

#2426 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm going to take the plunge and sign up for ps+. Thanks for the input everyone.

I'm going to as well.

One question - can I purchase a sub with PSN credit from cards?
Posted Image

#2427 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Keep looking at that Two Worlds II Velvet GOTY edition for $5. On Amazon it's $19.99 for the disc version with the velvet box, pirate head and map:

You can get the original Collectors Edition from Amazon as well for the 360 for $29.99:

Looks like a lot of nice stuff, but the reviews are very mixed on the game. Perhaps the $5 version is the way to go and if I like it, I could always order the CE or Velvet Ed for the swag and sell off the game.

Only thing that's holding me back is all the mixed reviews on the game itself. Any thoughts on this game?

Play the free 1 hour trial that you get on PS+ first to see if you like it. I found something that was a deal breaker for me.

I will no longer be a slave to my backlog!

#2428 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm going to as well.

One question - can I purchase a sub with PSN credit from cards?

Yeah, just add the cards to your PSN wallet, than buy your PS+ subscription through the PS Store on your PS3.

#2429 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

imo, don't sweat the EU vs. US account.

easy solution -- don't pay attention to what EU gets. you'll be happy enough with a US account.

#2430 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Surprisingly, no one has mentioned this game at all in this thread. Not even once.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif