Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2431 Relativetime

Relativetime

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Play the free 1 hour trial that you get on PS+ first to see if you like it. I found something that was a deal breaker for me.

What was the deal breaker, if I may ask?

#2432 kanamit

kanamit

AKA george6741

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

What was the deal breaker, if I may ask?

I thought controlling your character was awful moving, running and jumping...also as it relates to combat. I know to some it may sound petty but its what you do the most in a game.

Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape.

#2433 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

imo, don't sweat the EU vs. US account.

easy solution -- don't pay attention to what EU gets. you'll be happy enough with a US account.

Agreed. The grass is always greener...

#2434 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

imo, don't sweat the EU vs. US account.

easy solution -- don't pay attention to what EU gets. you'll be happy enough with a US account.

I agree with this advice, this is exactly what I do.:applause:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#2435 evilways811

evilways811

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Nice, picked up MGS HD for Vita and RCR, and I still need to transfer the free Uncharted, and Gravity Rush. Great time to be a new Vita owner.

#2436 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

I thought controlling your character was awful moving, running and jumping...also as it relates to combat. I know to some it may sound petty but its what you do the most in a game.

Good idea on the PS+ trial.

I will have to check this out. There was a time toward the end of the PS1 and beginning of PS2 where nearly every game looked excellent for it's time, and was nearly unplayable. That was the moment when I decided graphics are not all that important, if it is at the sacrifice of control.

#2437 rieper

rieper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Nice, picked up MGS HD for Vita and RCR, and I still need to transfer the free Uncharted, and Gravity Rush. Great time to be a new Vita owner.

Almost broke down and got MG:Hd Collection but then i noticed the 3.3gb install .... Wow thats a deal breaker considering how limited the space u get on vita memory cards. And besides i can easily see this game dropping to $20 in the near future, so for about $2 difference i can save about 3gb of install space.

My 2 cents.
Posted Image

#2438 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Quick question:

For the free games, do you just have to "purchase" them through the PSN store to have access later on, or do they have to be downloaded?

Here's what I wanna do:

I don't have a Vita, but will in the future. I want all the free PSN+ Vita games, but I don't want them on my HDD. Can I queue them up then cancel the download, then download them at a later date, as long as I'm still a PSN+ member?

TiA!
Posted Image

#2439 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Quick question:

For the free games, do you just have to "purchase" them through the PSN store to have access later on, or do they have to be downloaded?

Here's what I wanna do:

I don't have a Vita, but will in the future. I want all the free PSN+ Vita games, but I don't want them on my HDD. Can I queue them up then cancel the download, then download them at a later date, as long as I'm still a PSN+ member?

TiA!

Just purchase, no need to download. You'll be able to download them later on your shiny new vita as long as you purchased them during the free period.

MildObstruction.png

#2440 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Almost broke down and got MG:Hd Collection but then i noticed the 3.3gb install .... Wow thats a deal breaker considering how limited the space u get on vita memory cards. And besides i can easily see this game dropping to $20 in the near future, so for about $2 difference i can save about 3gb of install space.

My 2 cents.

That's nothing... I just bought MGS3 for PS3 and it's a 9GB install! I was also surprised to see that Persona 3 FES, a non-HD PS2 title took up like 4 or 5 gigs: I don't know much about programming, but I get the feeling they aren't putting much effort into condensing these ports.

#2441 Stereo

Stereo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Quick question:

Here's what I wanna do:

TiA!

Just go to the store and "buy" them, as in add them to the cart and go through check out intil it says "download" and you don't actually have to download them now, just go back and check and it should say "purchased" instead of the price.

After that, you can download them again at any time (as long as you still have ps+).

I don't have a Vita yet, that's exactly what I did.

#2442 ZincAlloy

ZincAlloy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

SOOOOOOOOOO tempted to get Papo & Yo. Can anyone recommend?

#2443 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

are we getting flash sale on this weekend as well?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#2444 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

My 2 cents.

It already did. I picked it up for $20 w/coupon at BB as a Christmas present about a month ago.

#2445 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

SOOOOOOOOOO tempted to get Papo & Yo. Can anyone recommend?

From what I've read you have to overlook a few quirks with the mechanics of the game but overall people seem to enjoy it.

I purchashed it near launch while under the influence of alcohol. I grew up with a drunk, abusive father. Watching the opening, or scene near the begining (again, I was intoxicated), I freaked out, broke down in tears and turned the console off. Those with issues that stem from abusive parents may want to be wary. I really want to play, just got to muster up the courage.

#2446 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

DVDs on the PS2 offered up to 4.7 GB of storage space...

Weren't there a handful of dual-layer PS2 games?

#2447 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is the next free PSN game for Plus members: http://community.us....55915#U39155915

#2448 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is the next free PSN game for Plus members: http://community.us....55915#U39155915

According to another poster... it seems Chronovolt is going to be the next vita game.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2449 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Meant to say in January. Sorry.

#2450 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

My 2 cents.

Amazon had it marked down to $20 for one day earlier this month and I bought it, sure to happen again(and probably for longer once the game is older).

#2451 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

If the deals are true, YES! Sound Shapes! :3

#2452 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hmm that kinda sucks. But according to that post it also says we're getting Sound Shapes for $7.35, which is absolutely amazing news!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2453 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Also Skullgirls for $7.35 and Tokyo Jungle for $10.49. Hopefully even less with Plus.

#2454 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I can't seem to replicate any of the PS+ deals, but I definitely see where it says NBA Jam and Chronovolt will be free.

EDIT: I lied. Yes I can. Tokyo Jungle is definitely on there as well under PS3 Deals.

http://i.imgur.com/WhnZt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WLcln.jpg

Edited by tylerh1701, 29 December 2012 - 02:38 AM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2455 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

LOL, normally i hate these types of posts, but i think in this case it's a little funny: i got a ps3 for xmas, and signed up for ps+; decided i wouldn't buy many games online sans classics that cost more for discs, and i made one exception; NBA jam bc ive played it more than any other game on xbox. just plunked down the $15 for it yesterday so i could play with my ps3 friends who have it. Go figure literally the only game i buy on the platform ends up being the first extra free game :P. Never buying anything again haha.

#2456 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

Well of course I'm going to buy Tokyo Jungle, Sony.

MildObstruction.png

#2457 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

somebody see what the rest of the deals are!

#2458 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Well of course I'm going to buy Tokyo Jungle, Sony.

I still regret not picking it up when it was first released and discounted. Now that Remote Play for the Vita has been patched in, I will without a doubt be buying it this time.

#2459 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hmm that kinda sucks. But according to that post it also says we're getting Sound Shapes for $7.35, which is absolutely amazing news!

Last time he made a mistake with devil may cry so will find out.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2460 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

Sweet, I hope this is real. I would love to pick up skull girls.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png